Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/14, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the forum and hopefully soon a first time Mustang owner. I just ordered a 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium..... and the waiting game begins!
Old 3/2/14, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LCC
Love it. Good quality and the people I dealt with were awesome. After I put mine up, my friends bought three more for their garages.. Two GM guys and one Ford guy..

Good to hear, was the install difficult? I am going to tackle it myself with my dad.
Old 3/2/14, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SOCALK1D
New to the forum and hopefully soon a first time Mustang owner. I just ordered a 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium..... and the waiting game begins!
Congratulations and welcome! What options did you order on you car?
Old 3/2/14, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Slizzime
Congratulations and welcome! What options did you order on you car?
Sterling Gray Coupe
Manual Transmission
402A package (California Special)
Electronics Package
Comfort Package
Shaker Pro
3.55 LTD Slip

Can't Wait!!
Old 3/2/14, 03:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Sterling Gray Coupe
Manual Transmission
402A package (California Special)
Electronics Package
Comfort Package
Shaker Pro
3.55 LTD Slip

Can't Wait!!
Very nice! That is very close to what I was going to order originally. The sterling Grey is very very nice on the current Mustang....it was my runner up in color choice....I still debate it even now!
Old 3/3/14, 08:18 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FusionEnergi
My just ordered a Mustang convertible and we're both wondering if we can take delivery at the factory and if they offer tours to go along with it.

Also, I just found this forum and haven't had a chance to read throught he 136 pages and was wondering, how do you know what the VIN of your build is before it's built?
Thanks!
Originally Posted by elkk
Congrats on your order. I had the same idea when I ordered mine. The short answer is no you can not pick it up at the factory and no the factory does not offer tours ever. There is a short online video of the factory though (someone will post the link).

If you contact our Ford Rep Deysha thru this forum she will send you a welcome replyl, keep you informed of your order as it progresses and eventually send you your VIN number and build date etc. The VIN is assigned once the build (blend) date is established, usually several weeks before the actual build. You can then look at your actual window sticker on-line. Deysha is you Ford point of contact right here on this forum.

Waiting is the worse part!! Congrats.
Welcome and congrats on your order, FusionEnergi! I see elkk answered your questions correctly, now you’re more than welcome to PM me. Send me your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Thanks, elkk!!

Originally Posted by LCC
Hi everyone. Haven't had any time to get back since we received our car. I want to thank Deysha for her hard work in keeping us off the ledge of going crazy. For the guys still waiting. Hang on... Its is definitely worth the wait. ...
You’re very welcome, LCC! Those are some gorgeous rides you have there. Enjoy!

Woo hoo! Welcome and congrats, SOCALK1D! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you as well.

Deysha
Old 3/3/14, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Also guys I think I saw this posted here somewhere earlier in this thread but I couldn't find it, but for those who don't know we can also track our vehicles ourselves with the following site:

www.cotusb.ford.com

Not to steal the thunder from Deysha, but this might help keep us at ease...I don't know if Deysha is privvy to anymore info than this site provides, but I would guess she is, but it's nice to check this daily anyway.
Old 3/3/14, 03:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by puma1552
Also guys I think I saw this posted here somewhere earlier in this thread but I couldn't find it, but for those who don't know we can also track our vehicles ourselves with the following site:

www.cotusb.ford.com

Not to steal the thunder from Deysha, but this might help keep us at ease...I don't know if Deysha is privvy to anymore info than this site provides, but I would guess she is, but it's nice to check this daily anyway.
From what I understand that is a test website, it only gives a general idea of whats going on. Deysha is the best source, she will keep you up to date with everything going on with your new Mustang order. She is great to work with, plus interacting with another person on a forum is far better than any website!
Old 3/3/14, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

No build date yet and order still shows as processing but got an ETA of April 5th!!!

Cruising right along!
Old 3/3/14, 10:34 PM

So after 6 months of research and shopping around, I finally pulled the trigger on Friday. Placed an order for a 2014 GT Premium, 402A California Special in black, 6spd manual, glass roof and 3.55 gears!

I'm new to the forum and reading through all of your posts help me decide to order versus settling for something on a car lot. I've never owned a Mustang and I am beyond excited for it be to be built and delivered!
Old 3/4/14, 12:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by puma1552
No build date yet and order still shows as processing but got an ETA of April 5th!!!

Cruising right along!
Congrats! I hope mine is soon to follow yours, I want that extra $750 from my private cash to still be good!
Old 3/4/14, 12:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by trenolds38
So after 6 months of research and shopping around, I finally pulled the trigger on Friday. Placed an order for a 2014 GT Premium, 402A California Special in black, 6spd manual, glass roof and 3.55 gears!

I'm new to the forum and reading through all of your posts help me decide to order versus settling for something on a car lot. I've never owned a Mustang and I am beyond excited for it be to be built and delivered!
Welcome and congratulations on your order! You will be much happier that you ordered exactly what you wanted, 2 month wait is worth it when you will own it for years!
Old 3/4/14, 06:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
This wait is killing me!
I know my car is so close!
Old 3/4/14, 06:56 AM
V6 Member

Same here... This last week especially. Killer of it for me is the dealer still has to put on my stripes once it gets here... More wait... I think I'll be ok though once I know it's in town.
Old 3/4/14, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh man...I hope my build date isn't the day after St. Patrick's Day........
Old 3/4/14, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Slizzime
From what I understand that is a test website, it only gives a general idea of whats going on. Deysha is the best source, she will keep you up to date with everything going on with your new Mustang order. She is great to work with, plus interacting with another person on a forum is far better than any website!
Thank you for the support, Slizzime!

Originally Posted by trenolds38

Great! Welcome and congrats on your new order, trenolds38. Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it.

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
This wait is killing me!
I know my car is so close!
It’s technically in your backyard, ElkGroveFordGuy!

Originally Posted by R33F
Same here... This last week especially. Killer of it for me is the dealer still has to put on my stripes once it gets here... More wait... I think I'll be ok though once I know it's in town.
I hope the weather changes soon. This is delaying transportation, R33F.

Deysha
Old 3/4/14, 09:35 AM
V6 Member

I hope the weather changes soon. This is delaying transportation, R33F.

Deysha[/QUOTE]

Ahh man... this just has not been a good couple of weeks for me. Is my car still at the factory lot or is it in transit just stuck somewhere? Thanks for the update Deysha; hope I get a happier one in the near future.
Old 3/4/14, 01:26 PM

Hi new to the forums. I am ready to order a 2014 mustang gt. My only hold up is the rebates the 3000 cash back and the 750 private cash. Here is what he said. Does this sound legit? He is like 1500 lower than any other dealer that i have been in contact with.
This is what he said

As far as the rebates you get what ever they are at the time of the sale... most times they would be what they are now or greater and if they are greater you will definately get the higher rebate... but it is not written in stone if they go down which rarely happens then it would be less... if anyone is giving you a gaurantee then they would have to pay the difference in the rebate or they would be less than upfront with you... or there price is so high that there are willing to take the chance... my prices are very aggressive and I can not give you a garauntee... except that I have been doing this for 30 years and they rarely go down through out the year and as the 2015,s come out will likely go up so we can sell out the 14,s to make room for the new model...

Last edited by imgmoney; 3/4/14 at 01:27 PM.
Old 3/4/14, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by imgmoney
Hi new to the forums. I am ready to order a 2014 mustang gt. My only hold up is the rebates the 3000 cash back and the 750 private cash. Here is what he said. Does this sound legit? He is like 1500 lower than any other dealer that i have been in contact with.
This is what he said

As far as the rebates you get what ever they are at the time of the sale... most times they would be what they are now or greater and if they are greater you will definately get the higher rebate... but it is not written in stone if they go down which rarely happens then it would be less... if anyone is giving you a gaurantee then they would have to pay the difference in the rebate or they would be less than upfront with you... or there price is so high that there are willing to take the chance... my prices are very aggressive and I can not give you a garauntee... except that I have been doing this for 30 years and they rarely go down through out the year and as the 2015,s come out will likely go up so we can sell out the 14,s to make room for the new model...
Welcome, I talked with over a dozen dealers prior to ordering my Mustang. The dealers that would guarantee the rebate did tend to be a little higher in the selling price, but those dealers did say I would get the better of the 2 rebates. I agree that the chances of the rebate going down are slim to none because the 2015 will be out in a few months, Ford will want to help dealers clear their lots prior to those showing up. The dealer I ended up with did not guarentee the rebates but was well under dealer invoice on the car. My best advice to you is to order it with the dealer that had the best pricing not including rebates and hope for the best when it's time for delivery.
Old 3/4/14, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by R33F
Ahh man... this just has not been a good couple of weeks for me. Is my car still at the factory lot or is it in transit just stuck somewhere? Thanks for the update Deysha; hope I get a happier one in the near future.
You’re very welcome! It’s still at the plant, R33F. It’ll get moving soon.

Originally Posted by imgmoney
This is what he said

From all of the info I’ve gathered, all dealerships have the option to lock in incentives, imgmoney. But, not all incentives are able to be protected. Most do ask for a deposit on orders, have their own deposit refund policy, and may not be the same amount all across the board. However, they all have the last say on incentives at the time of sale (unless expired).

Brochures sent out with a $750 offer are based on select marketing criteria. Not every brochure will have one. We don’t have insight on the factors used, but we can look up to see if there is an offer unique to you. Available incentives for your area (by ZIP) can also be found here. You can verify eligibility with your selling dealer as all offers are subject to change.

Your dealer can check any incentive that applies to you at the time of the sale in their system. Hope this helps.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread