2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/14, 03:00 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there a video tour anyplace showing the newer mustangs being built at the factory and how its done? it would be neat to see
Old 3/7/14, 03:23 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
is there a video tour anyplace showing the newer mustangs being built at the factory and how its done? it would be neat to see
Here is an excellent video of Flatrock from NatGeo.

Old 3/7/14, 05:15 PM
GT Member

thank you! that was great to see
Old 3/7/14, 06:17 PM

May have to order

Greetings all. I am planning to purchase a 2014 GT premium in Deep Impact Blue in July. From what I can tell, Ford doesn't produce a lot of these, and I cant locate one close by (I am in Northern California) so it looks like I will have to order one. From what I've read here, it's takes about 2 months from order to delivery.

Is there a cut-off date when I wont be able to order 2014? I assume there would be since the plants have to re-tool for the 2015's... Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 3/7/14, 08:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

From what I was told by John Clor from Ford Performance. The 2014 Mustang production is scheduled to end on 6/20/14 but could be extended into July.
Old 3/7/14, 08:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

tentative end of production is 6/20, but tentative end of ordering is 3/28 so time to hurry!
Old 3/7/14, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I also have heard orders will not be taken after this month to give enough time to finish building them before the switch. If you want to order exactly what you want you may want to do it sooner rather than later to be safe.
Old 3/7/14, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by R33F
I got my dealer to throw a pair of the GT500 Mufflers into the deal... Ill bring them home with the Mustang and if I have to be up late that night, I will be. As for the future mods after that... I was also looking at the oil separator just to keep things clean and tinting the windows. I really really want to beef up horse power but this whole thing about Ford being able to see that the car was tuned and then saying they wont cover the warranty scares me. I might have to wait until after the warranty runs out first... unless, I can get my dealership to agree to honoring the warranty despite giving it a tune. If that is possible then its time...

**regardless of if she is finally on a train, or still sitting the yard... the positive is that Im one day closer to getting her... not sure if that helped me, but Im trying.**
I'm going to get the ford procal tune
As long as a dealer installs the tune you still keep the warranty.
Plus it's not a bad tune for the money, guys are going pretty fast with them and there safe!
Old 3/7/14, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pctek
Greetings all. I am planning to purchase a 2014 GT premium in Deep Impact Blue in July. From what I can tell, Ford doesn't produce a lot of these, and I cant locate one close by (I am in Northern California) so it looks like I will have to order one. From what I've read here, it's takes about 2 months from order to delivery.

Is there a cut-off date when I wont be able to order 2014? I assume there would be since the plants have to re-tool for the 2015's... Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Steve
I live in NorCal too I had to order mine because I could not find anything close to what I wanted!
Old 3/8/14, 12:13 AM

that soon

Wow, that's soon.

Doubt I could buy by end of the month. Guess I'll have to see what's available in June or July. To bad they don't have a "hold" program.
Old 3/8/14, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, that's soon.

Doubt I could buy by end of the month. Guess I'll have to see what's available in June or July. To bad they don't have a "hold" program.
You won't need to pay for it or sign papers until it comes in…just put a $500-$1000 deposit down to order it.

I would order ASAP too since the closer it gets to the end of ordering, the higher chance that the car won't get built since they might start running out of the options you want.
Old 3/9/14, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow, that's soon.

As stated above you would only need a small down payment, and you will not get the car for 6-8 weeks on the fast track. In addition you can ask your dealer to put a low priority rate on the car so Ford will not grab the order as quickly which may delay it another 2-4 weeks. Also once the car show up you can always delay the final signing of papers for a week or 2 and your 1st payment wont be for a month after that. You can easy drag it out till middle to end of may

If you do want one, I would highly recommend ordering one the exact way you want it, you will be much happier in the end and for the years of ownership to come!
Old 3/9/14, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well mine has not showed up yet!
Dealer told me maybe Wendsday!
Knowing that the car has been sitting in a staging lot 70mi. from me since Monday is killing me!
Old 3/9/14, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
Well mine has not showed up yet!
Dealer told me maybe Wendsday!
Knowing that the car has been sitting in a staging lot 70mi. from me since Monday is killing me!
They wont go pick it up for you? That way to close to be waiting on a stupid truck!
Old 3/9/14, 01:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Slizzime
They wont go pick it up for you? That way to close to be waiting on a stupid truck!
They offered to get it for me but I don't want some 18 year old lot porter to put the first 70 mi. On my car. They wouldn't trailer it they would only send a guy to drive it back.
Old 3/9/14, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
They offered to get it for me but I don't want some 18 year old lot porter to put the first 70 mi. On my car. They wouldn't trailer it they would only send a guy to drive it back.
That's right I remember you saying that now I agree, I would not want anyone else in my car!

That is crazy they wont trailer it, I would make AAA tow it to the dealer! Will they let you get a tow truck for it?
Old 3/9/14, 07:56 PM
GT Member

rebates and incentive cash after date?

I ordered my 2014 on 3/5/14. according to the website, there is a 2000 rebate, another 1000 rebate and then another 1000 rebate from what i can tell online. Looks like the last one is if you go with ford credit, who i have right now on my current car we will be trading in so i will hopefully stay with them. i just now got the email for the $750 cash rebate as well on top of any other offers it says, but expires on 3/31 and must take delivery by then. i know for sure it wont even be built by then, probably will be done and ready to go the following month i am guessing, around May 1 or so. Will i be able to us the current rebates that are out now since i ordered it and also use the $750 cash offer, or will i be out of luck since i did not take delivery by 3/31?
Old 3/9/14, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

It is up to your dealer!
I wold talk to them now and figure it out sooner than later!
Old 3/9/14, 09:09 PM

I ordered a sterling grey V6 Premium with medium stone auto MCA edition with electronic pkg, comfort pkg and rear video. I ordered on February 4th and have not talked to my dealer since. I just assumed he would call when my car was in. I guess tomorrow I need to find an order number and dealer number. Anything else that I should know?
Old 3/9/14, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
I ordered my 2014 on 3/5/14. according to the website, there is a 2000 rebate, another 1000 rebate and then another 1000 rebate from what i can tell online. Looks like the last one is if you go with ford credit, who i have right now on my current car we will be trading in so i will hopefully stay with them. i just now got the email for the $750 cash rebate as well on top of any other offers it says, but expires on 3/31 and must take delivery by then. i know for sure it wont even be built by then, probably will be done and ready to go the following month i am guessing, around May 1 or so. Will i be able to us the current rebates that are out now since i ordered it and also use the $750 cash offer, or will i be out of luck since i did not take delivery by 3/31?
You will have to talk with your dealer, try to get it in writing so you don't miss out. I am going rounds with my dealer right now about mine. I ordered it 2/20 and my coupon is good till 4/12 , they said I should have the car by the end of march........yet here we are over a week into may h and my order has not even been pulled! anyways it's all on your dealer if they will let you use it so start nagging them now!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread