05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/07, 11:34 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, I have received some, just haven't had a chance to update that portion of the website yet. I'd post them here, but I don't have them on the laptop. Maybe in the next couple days I can get on that or someone will chime in with Silver installed. We just received another 5 sets of satin silver into stock, so now would be a good time to order if you'd like a speedy turnaround (well, speedier than 3 weeks anyway... )
Old 5/31/07, 02:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Marcello, sent you a PM, got my goody package today. I am tearing the door down Friday, installing Mole Skin, Silver Horse handles, and DynaMat. Thanks Brandon

And I have the cards and fliers in my truck. The car has not been on the street since I took 3rd Place a week ago Sunday.
Old 6/4/07, 10:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShowGT
Marcello, sent you a PM, got my goody package today. I am tearing the door down Friday, installing Mole Skin, Silver Horse handles, and DynaMat. Thanks Brandon

And I have the cards and fliers in my truck. The car has not been on the street since I took 3rd Place a week ago Sunday.
I have the same list todo. Mole Skin, Louvers, Anti-Rattle Inspection , and COMPLETE detail.
Old 6/5/07, 07:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Was at Ford weekend at Carlise...I had the only set of louvers installed, got a ton of attention and inquireys
Old 6/5/07, 10:45 AM
GT Member

Marcello,

Any thoughts on making some louvers for the rear window? I know its a long shot , but thought I would throw it out there ! I'd give up the defroster for something like this !
Old 6/7/07, 07:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No, not at present - at least not to replace the glass. Maybe good fitting rear louvers at a good price, but that takes equipment we don't have, and currently, I don't have any contract shops with the capability / patience to do it right.

But you never know... I got a great idea from one of our dealers today... might have a new piece for GT-specific cars coming... I have to mock it up after this weekend and play with it a bit

BTW, we're very thrilled here right now, our new machining center is up and running, and will be producing its first parts tomorrow. Our new software is working pretty much as advertised, and it is going to cut our development time down to minutes from days when programming the motion-control - this is going to mean good things for everyone, as we'll be able to keep prices competitive and add products more quickly, as well as do more "custom" jobs for people on a one-off or short-run basis....
Old 6/7/07, 11:18 PM

I purchased a pair of unpainted louvers about 6 weeks ago and have had a hard time finding someone to paint them in my area. Had someone lined up when I first decided to order them, but it fell through. Would it be possible to send them back and have them painted? Might as well have the guys with the most experience do the job!

I know they are proving to be quite popular, so what's the lead time for Redfire?

Thanks!
HD
Old 6/10/07, 07:17 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Redfire I think we have some done, but the painter will be in CA for a show the next 2 weeks, so I'd err on the "long" side and say 4 weeks delivery, although it could be sooner.

A bunch that have been done that just haven't been packed are going out tomorrow for anyone waiting...
Old 6/13/07, 02:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey Marcello I just got my Louvers dropped off. A job well done from packaging to quality of workman ship in the Louvers themselves. I'll be sure to install these ASAP and post pictures.

EDIT: Do you reccomend putting some kinda clearcoat on the louvers to protect the painted edges? Or something to kinda seal the paint job?

EDIT #2: I laid the louvers painted face down on a table and they dont seem to sit flat. Is that how they're supposed to be? With a slit curvature to them or should they sit flat on a flat surface?
Old 6/13/07, 10:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

hey marcello do you have some black ones available?
Old 6/14/07, 06:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Well finally found someone to put them in, since I was too lazy and nervous about doing it. I found a guy in st. louis that will do stripes for 450 bucks. So it went into his shop for 10" satin silver stripes w/2" gap, repaint front lower bumper, I had a boo boo there, and talked him into doing the louvers. He said it should all be done by wednesday next week. So Hopefully have some more redfire louvers to show and some new paint. Cant wait for more stuff from marcello. I am getting near show worthy, LOL. Later all.
Old 6/14/07, 08:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
Well finally found someone to put them in, since I was too lazy and nervous about doing it. I found a guy in st. louis that will do stripes for 450 bucks. So it went into his shop for 10" satin silver stripes w/2" gap, repaint front lower bumper, I had a boo boo there, and talked him into doing the louvers. He said it should all be done by wednesday next week. So Hopefully have some more redfire louvers to show and some new paint. Cant wait for more stuff from marcello. I am getting near show worthy, LOL. Later all.
How much did he charge you for the louver install?
Old 6/14/07, 09:14 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Jonco,

There is supposed to be a slight curve to them. They match the stock windows exactly. Take a straight edge (a ruler or something) and hold it against the stock windows.

Good luck with the install, you'll love them once they're on.
Old 6/14/07, 11:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
How much did he charge you for the louver install?
Well I wasnt worried about it too much, but he said probably just a couple of more hours, but thats probably because I am getting the other stuff done as well. I would guess around a 100-150. He really likes them and his wife has a mustang, so there will probably be a couple more around here in stl soon. He was anxious to see them in. I cant wait, I am dying already, new stripes, new bumper paint and windows all in one shot< LOL. Later
Old 6/14/07, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Questions for you guys who had your louvers installed by someone else:

1) Did you remove the interior panels yourselves?
2) How much did they charge?
3) How long did it take?

And is this job the same as having the 1/4-glass replaced?

Willie
Old 6/14/07, 06:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
Well I wasnt worried about it too much, but he said probably just a couple of more hours, but thats probably because I am getting the other stuff done as well. I would guess around a 100-150. He really likes them and his wife has a mustang, so there will probably be a couple more around here in stl soon. He was anxious to see them in. I cant wait, I am dying already, new stripes, new bumper paint and windows all in one shot< LOL. Later
See I talked to one glass company and they said it'd be around 300$ for the install .

Thanks but no thanks. I'll try it myself. Hah
Old 6/14/07, 07:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Come on guys. More pictures!
Old 6/14/07, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Willie

3) How long did it take?

Willie
Willie,

1. Yes, I removed the panels it was about 10 minutes per side.

2. 80 dollars

3. Less than an 1.5 hours.

Don't let them use the tool that heats up the urethane to release the seal. I don't remember the name of the tool but it will lift the paint.

Sam
Old 6/14/07, 10:15 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sasquatch
Willie,

Don't let them use the tool that heats up the urethane to release the seal. I don't remember the name of the tool but it will lift the paint.

Sam
Hugh? A heat gun? I've used them frequently and have never had a problem w/ paint lifting. Where'd you hear that?
Old 6/15/07, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Willie

3) How long did it take?

Willie
I removed the interior
glass shop charged 110.00
30 minutes
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-dsc00019.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-dsc00020.jpg  

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass