05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/07, 01:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the SHR family sodaman, where are you from in MO? Kansas City here.
Old 6/24/07, 02:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Show GT, oh well I have been around, LOL. I have almost every part shr makes in my car. So yes the quality is second to none. It just took me forever to get down to getting these louvers put in. Plus not many people seemed to want to do it. So anyway they rock, and I am in STL. Take care all
Old 6/24/07, 03:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was in St. Louis Wednesday night, my boss and I flew out for Cards/Royals game. 14 innings and both teams ran out of players, LOL
Old 6/24/07, 04:16 PM
V6 Member

My car is finally all done. Everything came out really good.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...729#post947729

Kenneth
Old 6/26/07, 05:58 AM
GT Member

Any screamin' yellow installs

how the paint match? come on guys help me spend some money
Old 6/26/07, 07:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I've got one and they match well , but you can't really use it as an example. My car was hit just before I received the louvers , so I had both quarter panels repainted at the time the louvers were installed. My car is an 05 and I got in Nov 04 and it is not garaged , but I was going to get the pre-painted louvers anyway. I couldn't have had them painted for anywhere near the $129 that SHR charged , so if they didn't match enough that it bothered me , I would have gotten them repainted. I'd say get them , you'll love em ...
Old 6/26/07, 07:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Finally ordered mine last night for my TR07. Can't wait!
Old 6/26/07, 10:35 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by YALLER

Factory paint can very slightly from one car to another, and every different set of louvers sprayed can have a slightly different tone - especially if not done on the same day and w/ the same mix.
Moral: Most things painted w/ factory paint code are a close enough match to satisfy 95% of people. Using an internet photo of someone else's car and someone's elses louvers should only be a guide, at best.

Just get 'em!
Old 6/26/07, 03:19 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
for my 2 cents, would expect any non metallic should usually be easier match than any metallic, just because so many things affect the lay of the metalflake...the prepainted VB's I got had an excellent match- the first set I'd painted myself were just a tad darker, but really unless under flourescent bulbs, you couldnt tell...lots of stuff looks way different under flourescent, yet perfect in natural light.
Old 6/26/07, 05:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by YALLER

Im **** about having things perfect. Get them pre-painted. Its simple and they do an outstanding job. And if its not a good enough match they'll take em back and send u blanks(with a refund of paint purchase). Cant beat that
Old 6/27/07, 04:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I have metallic redfire and I dont think many people could have done it much better than the matching I got. It looks like they came with the car. Awesome job marcello and the gang. 2 thumbs up, get em.
Old 6/28/07, 02:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I have not been here in a while, but I came back to find info on some louvers. Man did I find some info. I am only only page 41 of this thread, but I skipped ahead just to say I got to the post with the first production set installed and they look awesome. I am looking forward to reading some more and seeing other pictures. Maybe I can scrape together some moola and get a set soon...
Old 7/3/07, 12:02 PM

just ordered grabber orange

Just ordered mine today, can't wait I might move the bed next to the mailbox LOL. Just really excited.
Old 7/11/07, 10:30 PM

Finally scraped together the money to order me some of these from SHR. Glad I saw these here on TMS never would of seem them otherwise.
Old 7/12/07, 11:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I just wanted to post this as I called Marcello this week myself, my louvers became loose over this past weekend. I commend SHR and Marcello for being able to pinpoint the concern and willing to listen to the issue at hand. I don't know about you folks here, but this guy will be here around for a long time coming!
Old 7/12/07, 11:38 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ShowGT
I just wanted to post this as I called Marcello this week myself, my louvers became loose over this past weekend. I commend SHR and Marcello for being able to pinpoint the concern and willing to listen to the issue at hand. I don't know about you folks here, but this guy will be here around for a long time coming!
So did mine. I've got to give him a call.
Old 7/12/07, 11:57 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, just so everyone is on the same page:

1) The adhesion promoter (especially on fast-setting urethanes) is not as much a suggestion as a rule. If you don't use it, be aware that the factory does on their glass (and if they could save money by not doing it, I am guessing they would), and we recommend it on our piece as well. We also recommend and follow the urethane manufacturer's recommendations on use, and do include them in every package we ship. The leeway you get when doing a windshield goes away when doing side or back glass, because now the pressure is not constantly pushing the piece into the car, but trying to push it out.

2) Some pressure needs to be applied to the louver to help the urethane "squeeze" into the louver surface - ALL the failuers we have seen are pretty much what you would call a "clean" release where there is no evidence that the urethane ever was attached to the louver. The set on our "shop" car has been on for almost 8 months now with no issues - here in Florida which swings from 35-95 degrees with tons of humidity. I know everyone wants to keep the "flush" fit - but if no pressure is applied during install, the odds go up that this baby could give you grief down the road. Not that it is catastrophic, but it does mean more work to go in and do it again... which nobody likes.

HTH.
Old 7/12/07, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

No problems

I have had no problems since installing one of the very first set sent out. If you follow the instructions, and go step by step, you lessen the chance of problems down the road. Marcello is probably the best in customer service i have ever delt with in the 20 years in the automotive trades.
Thanks for all the help to all the customers.

Last edited by 2005mach1; 3/6/08 at 01:27 PM.
Old 7/19/07, 04:28 PM

Marcello, any idea when you'll have a batch of Redfires ready? Thanks!
Old 7/22/07, 02:46 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Lots of backorders on the paint that we're working through.... obvious, as I'm here on Sunday trying to get some done!

Good news is that after what seems like an eternity, the existing paint shop is getting us louvers again, and we have a new paint shop that does custom airbrush Harley work coming on-board to help solve this supply issue once and for all. So while we might not have much painted stock at the moment, this is going to turn around rather quickly after Mustang Week.

At least as fast as anything turns around here it seems

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass