Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need some business cards Marcello!
Old 5/18/07, 08:13 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
Hello Marcello,
I am going thru shr withdrawal, when are all your new stuff and round stuff coming out. Have you all gotten the new machinery etc. Whats next on the plate? Well I also have a question, in an earlier post you said you had changed the instructions to talk about the shims etc. to make the window flush using the rubber pieces etc. I dont see anything new in your instructions on your site about a flush finish with rubber spacers etc. would you send me the updated instructions if you have them. I want to get this all right on the first go around, and i am having a hard time finding any window guy around that wants to do this, so it may be a self install this weekend etc. Thanks for your help, and cant wait on the new stuff. see ya
Dan,

New machine is still at the rigger's dock waiting for a chip conveyor, so hopefully this week... (nothing ever goes as planned... even when I do write the checks on time!)

So, once it shows, we have to finish catching up existing work orders, then we can move forward. The material is here for the A/C *****, and for prototyping / short runs of some of the other stuff. It will probably be July or so before more fresh stuff can come along, given how fast the weeks go by.

As to the instructions, we never added anything about the OEM blocks - that's Tim's idea and although I like it, I don't think putting them in will neccesarily help it mount any different, since the OEM glass didn't sit level on any of the cars I have done yet.

That said, you can do what the directions do have now which is to cut the inverted V in the tip, which will give you a taller, leaner, more consistent seal line. I think that it is important to push down somewhat on the louver during the install, as I feel that just letting it "land" on the urethane is just asking for a leak. By applying gentle pressure (and not much of it) initially, you can get a good seal, and be very close to, if not completely level.

Again though, remember that OEM glass isn't quite flush, it's slightly recessed, and since our louver is and exact duplicate of the glass in those areas, it should sit just ever so slightly recessed as well. I would say to call if you get stuck, but I don't know if I will be near the office phone this weekend, and I don't have the calls being forwarded this weekend.
Old 5/18/07, 08:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You are the man Marcello! I sent ya PM in return!
Old 5/18/07, 09:10 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by ShowGT
I need some business cards Marcello!
Ditto here Marcello FINALLY hooked up with one of my local mustang buddies- who has a all black 05,corsa exh,ducktail,roush louvers...I pulled into the lot, got out started walking over- had to turn around, as he was heading right over to check out those louvers..."MAN do I like those louvers- them are neat, where did ya get them?" and he was very very happy with his roush's last year told him I'd try to get some cards, he was wanting something to dress up the back end of his now that his new ducktail is on...told him about your billet medallions(and how I was thinking about putting a 69 gascap on a blank one
next time(maybe tomorrow night) I get over there, I'll try to remember to bring along the little fliers that ship with the stuff that shows the louvers and medallions, etc...wasnt many cars there tonight- usually 3 roush louvered ones park together I'll be sure to pass along info...was thinking about getting a black license plate frame and putting the shr decal on it...currently still sporting the chrome progressive ford dealer frame- they went out of business, so need something to put there
Thanks again to Marcello/SHR for dreaming up and bringing such a cool piece to accent the Mustangs already cool lines- still cant get over how great the shape of these goes with our cars...

off topic, Farm next door has a couple baby horses(foals or whatever they call a baby horses- I'm no farmhand! ) that are absolutely beautiful animals-I mean the kind of things that make you pull over to the side of the road and go awww... 'Ragnar' in here (or allfordmustangforums?) had a very sweet pic of his car with horses in the background- hope to be able to get a similar shot in the next couple weeks- the farmers are gonna be wondering why does that guy in the mustang keep stopping by the fence...

send a few more fliers or cards this way, I'll be glad to pass along the word hope they get that new machine moved in soon- sounds like you already got a lot of ideas to put it to use
Old 5/18/07, 09:48 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
LOL, you guys kill me

While I do realize the individuality of it and all, you do realize that if we only sell one in each major city / area, that we won't be around to make the "next" great part ? We do need to sell at least a few of these to make sure we can pay for the tools that make them, so help a brother out, spread the word!!

(All in jest, you guys have a good weekend)!!
heck- I wouldnt mind AT ALL if every S197 I saw was sporting these- think of it as a 'highway beautification' thing. When I first ordered mine I was already contemplating how to get rid of those windows- like the cars lines, but to me that window just didnt belong there...my Mark VII quarter windows seem odd proportions too- maybe I just dont like quarter windows...

heres my crude photochop I did on the first pic of a blue mustang I could find...months before the horrors of going thru fords ordering/allocation BS even began. so glad I waited...guy named Shawn from Fang estimated he could do it for 2k- but thought of welding on a new car was just a bit too 'violent' for me- but intended this to be first mod...thank God I waited/saw the SHR louver thread- these louvers are "it" as far as I'm concerned
Attached Images  
Old 5/20/07, 06:47 PM
legacy Tms Member

went to a local get together- saw a sweeeeet 427 cobra...sweet because it had a 427OHC!!! first one Ive ever seen in a car- quite a tight fit, but looked right at home...there was another blue 06 there, before we left I parked beside it for a 'twins' picture- and some fella with his wife and daughter walk up- he has a red one at home and wants to know where to get those cool louvers I had one of the fliers still in the car, and passed it along- there is a pic in there of a red one- he and his wife were like- yeah- right there it is, that looks great...So, so far the only two locals Ive spoke to are definitely interested I think by the end of the year these things are gonna be everywhere- just about everyone that sees them is gonna want a set
Old 5/21/07, 05:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess what that means is those that haven't installed theirs should wait. At this rate, having the glass still in will be unique
Old 5/21/07, 09:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

redbullet, we all live in different states and cities. I say like I was told Sunday, I was the only one at a local show and people could not stay away from my car. The local guy here who sells these for Marcello should get some calls this week I bet.
Old 5/21/07, 10:12 AM

Well I've had a tracking number for a week and it's yet to update...

Wonder if my order has left? I HAVE to get these on before Saturday.
Old 5/21/07, 11:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by nancegt350
Well I've had a tracking number for a week and it's yet to update...

Wonder if my order has left? I HAVE to get these on before Saturday.

On My last order from SHR, the fedex tracking number said florida for 3 or 4 days, it didnt update until it was out for final delivery.

kenneth
Old 5/21/07, 12:35 PM

... I keep hitting refresh on fedex's page. Those bastards should update.

Edit: Just heard from a car club that's coming to the show saturday, they're bringing 18!?! S197's. I must have these louvers, if I have to go hijack the fedex truck they're on.

Edit: Due to my threat of hijacking their truck and scary tomcat smiley face, they have updated their shipping. I stuck it to the man, and the man was scared. Watch the progress of my order here:
https://www.fedex.com/insight/findit...type=ivshpalrt
Old 5/21/07, 07:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Same here, Fedex does not update until they hit in your local area. Mine go from Lenexa, KS to Kansas City, KS to Kansas City, MO until they show out for delivery.
Old 5/21/07, 08:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Justin,

I got your set out today bud, sorry about the delay, but you should have them in a day or so at the most to AL. We're just trying to keep up, it's crazy around here, and we appreciate everyone's patience with it. There was one order that went out the wrong color today, I know about it, and have to recall it tomorrow, but it's not yours.

Redbulet - are you waiting on anything to get yours in? If so, drop me a line and I'll take care of it for you.

Tim, I tried to PM you back, but it gt deleted - I'll retype my response to you maybe tomorrow if I get a chance... everyone wants me in the shipping room instead of here on the forums, so it's like 10pm on my laptop when I even get a chance to check in right now
Old 5/21/07, 09:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Marcello whats the est. delivery expectancy if I we're to order like friday/weekend? Painted louvers.
Old 5/21/07, 09:24 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Marcello whats the est. delivery expectancy if I we're to order like friday/weekend? Painted louvers.
Just go pick them up! I'd love to see the shop.
Old 5/22/07, 07:37 AM

Awesome Marcello! Just checked tracking, and they'll be here tomorrow. I'm going to go ahead and pull the interior tonight.
Old 5/22/07, 04:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Just go pick them up! I'd love to see the shop.
LOL, you mean our FEMA disaster ??

Painted louvers depends on color and how fast I can prep them if they are in stock - I'm still running about a week behind where I want to be, but they are shipping daily. Honestly, if you're in a rush, getting them done locally is the fastest normally, and we include the masks in the box now, so it reduces setup time for the end-painter.

That said, if (big if) we ever get caught up, the idea is to be able to turn them around in about 2 days from time of order, but that will take some time yet, as these have proven to be a bit more popular than we anticipated

Justin - just don't pull the glass until you are sure about the color match, etc... it's easy to put the interior back in for a few days if needed, not so easy to re-install the glass...
Old 5/22/07, 09:54 PM
legacy Tms Member

hey marcello-
some of your louvers went racing
the red ones won (thats 05GT-OCD's), but I picked up a tenth- got a 13.79@103.7 (best before louvers was 13.91)and with almost full tank of gas(still 100% stock), so these things must look so fast they actually make the car run better

05GT-OCD (I believe was his first time at the track) was running 13.3's I think- great job, mighta got down below that after I left...

also a pic of that 69 gascap Iwas talking about...
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-640-racing.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-640-resting.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-640-waiting.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 5/26/07, 03:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Order my set today... Can't wait
Old 5/28/07, 03:07 PM
GT Member

Any pics on Satin Silver yet? Waiting to see pics to really push me to the edge of placing the order.

Looks great guys!

-Dan

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass