05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/07, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
No, thank you for being a customer - it's my job to take care of you and answer your questions - it's just some companies forget that...
Marcello, I am getting so stoked about getting these louvers, you have NO IDEA!!! Never in my wildest dreams did I think that this topic I started, just as a question to a pic I saw from SEMA, would go on this long, then to have a part actually become reality. And with that, to have so many people excited about a mod for their car! That is what makes this site terrific. Thank you for all your hard work on this Marcello. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 1/5/07, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Awesome. If you're keeping tabs on how to paint - I'm really hoping to get them done as you did the original white ones! That's the reason why I signed up for the pre-order. That way makes your product the most uniqe. It's getting close to Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
+1 I will be going the same route with mine. They look great painted that way.
Old 1/5/07, 07:04 PM
Bullitt Member

What would everybody think of an aluminum grill to install in the vents ala '66 fastback ?

Don't need the screen, just the grill surrounding the screen so you would still have ease of visibility.
Attached Images  
Old 1/6/07, 12:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Sounds cool would have to see a photo chop of something I guess.
Old 1/6/07, 03:02 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmm, that could be done fairly easily with a waterjet I would imagine. Then it'd have to be attacked some way, double sided tape would be easy, or some sort of glue. Marcello, what do you think? You've got the dimensions and CAD files for those areas, how hard would it be to design these pieces from them?
Old 1/6/07, 04:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too would like the screens!

-danny
Old 1/6/07, 07:52 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, RedBullet asked me first, and I said let's get the windows done and going smoothly (when this starts up it will be a controlled disaster, let me tell you...) then I can look at doing this. His idea to simplify it over what I was thinking of will make it possible to manufacture in small volumes, and it can probably be done economically ala waterjet or CO2 laser - but since we don't own either, it will have to be "farmed out" to one of the locals who has this (I know who does)

Anyway, if there is a lot of interest in it, and I can keep the price down, then yes, it will be done. The only issue is 5 individual pieces x 2 and finishing does not make for a cheap mod to the product, but we will see what can be done. We can make anything - problem is making it right, affordable, and doing it here in the USA, that's the hard part.
Old 1/6/07, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, RedBullet asked me first, and I said let's get the windows done and going smoothly (when this starts up it will be a controlled disaster, let me tell you...) then I can look at doing this. His idea to simplify it over what I was thinking of will make it possible to manufacture in small volumes, and it can probably be done economically ala waterjet or CO2 laser - but since we don't own either, it will have to be "farmed out" to one of the locals who has this (I know who does)

Anyway, if there is a lot of interest in it, and I can keep the price down, then yes, it will be done. The only issue is 5 individual pieces x 2 and finishing does not make for a cheap mod to the product, but we will see what can be done. We can make anything - problem is making it right, affordable, and doing it here in the USA, that's the hard part.
How about in plastic, could do plain paint-to-match and/or chrome ?
Old 1/6/07, 11:16 PM
Legacy Tms Member

If you're talking a large volume, yes. If you're talking maybe a few hundred sets total, then no. Plastic injection is only viable on big runs, below 1000 pieces at a time it gets really un-economical to do it in a mold, and a lot more attractive in billet - mostly because you only make them as you need them and don't have to put so much in "up front".

If you knew how much this first run of windows is costing, you'd be as sick as I am some days I have faith we'll be okay, but every one of these big projects is literally "sink or swim" for our company right now, hence why I am so paranoid about the pieces being right before we release them.

Of course, since you guys all are watching out for us as well, it's like having a pretty good team to work out all the details before it ever gets to market, and the end result is that much better because of it.

THANKS!!
Old 1/10/07, 06:58 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Marcello,

If I can order my set painted black like this:

and with a visibility from inside the car close to this:

then I'm ready to place my order too. I can't wait to see a black set installed on a black car, but I might just be among the first to post pics of this color combo.

Good luck with the molds and let us know if (and when) the louvers can be ordered pre-painted.
Old 1/10/07, 08:26 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Louie
Hey Marcello,

If I can order my set painted black like this:

and with a visibility from inside the car close to this:

then I'm ready to place my order too. I can't wait to see a black set installed on a black car, but I might just be among the first to post pics of this color combo.

Good luck with the molds and let us know if (and when) the louvers can be ordered pre-painted.
I dont know about being the first...I've been on the pre order list for some time now and I can't wait to get 'em! I too would like them black to go on my black GT.
Old 1/10/07, 11:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
I dont know about being the first...I've been on the pre order list for some time now and I can't wait to get 'em!
Hey, what about me? I started this topic, and got on the pre-ordered list ASAP when you could. How about it Marcello. Can I be the 1st to get a set?
Old 1/10/07, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey, what about me. I started this topic. How about it Marcello. Can I be the 1st to get a set?
Yeah, but I'm cooler, so *I* should get the first set.
Old 1/10/07, 11:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by WarningSLO
That's pretty good Chris.
Old 1/10/07, 11:54 AM
V6 Member

Newsletter coming Monday night
Did you send one out? If so, I didn't get it. I've recieved all of the other ones.
Old 1/10/07, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't think he has sent one out yet.
Old 1/10/07, 11:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WarningSLO
Well...I guess "cool" beats "early" everytime lol!
Old 1/10/07, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Well...I guess "cool" beats "early" everytime lol!
Hehe. How about "cool" AND "early" at the same time. Boo yeah.
Old 1/10/07, 02:18 PM
Cobra Member

I dont know about being the first...I've been on the pre order list for some time now and I can't wait to get 'em! I too would like them black to go on my black GT.
that's why I said "among the first"
Old 1/10/07, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

how can I get on the list for the next wave? these louvers are friggin awesome and I absolutely must have them for my black beauty...

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass