GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/06, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JR, I just wanted to say thanks! I got a chance to install the CAI w/MAF last night and WOW! what a difference! Looks good, sounds good and seat of the pants feels good! Now, two questions. #1 will the fuego tuner compensate for a 3.90 gear? (the reason I ask is this is not the most popular ratio) and #2 How much for a set of fuel rails anodized RED for an 05 up GT? Thanks!
Old 10/10/06, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by NJJOE
Just ordered the CAI w/MAF from Granatelli's and should be shipped within two weeks. I spoke to Chris at the parts department and made sure that he knew that I had the '07. He was not aware that the calibration on the MAF may be different. Hmmm.....has me wondering now if I am going to have a problem. Hope not.
You won't have a problem - I was wondering the same thing when I ordered mine from Lethal (I have an '07 as well). They were not aware of any differences... I installed my CAI this morning and have not had any issues.
Old 10/10/06, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Jay, I am hoping you are right. I am now just waiting patiently! Looking for the extra performance. Not that I am unhappy now, I love the car and it drives great.
Old 10/10/06, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by JayFi
You won't have a problem - I was wondering the same thing when I ordered mine from Lethal (I have an '07 as well). They were not aware of any differences... I installed my CAI this morning and have not had any issues.
Same here. I installed the GMS CAI in my 07 and had no problems either. BTW I also had it dynoed today. I installed the GMS 2.5" cat back exhaust and their CAI. I went from 250.4 hp and 262.6 tq to 283.0 hp and 282.8 tq with the combo. This was after running the car for about 30 minutes so everything was at full temp/heat soaked. They also dynoed the car after letting it sit for the day. It ran for about 3 minutes before the second dyno run and the hp was 298.4 and tq was 311.7!

I have the dyno sheets and will post them tomorrow. I am convinced that the GMS CAI is the real deal and you do not need a tune to make decent power. I am monitoring the sc threads and know that's where I will go in the future but for now this is a great interim solution.

Thanks GMS/Joey!
Old 10/10/06, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by msully
Same here. I installed the GMS CAI in my 07 and had no problems either. BTW I also had it dynoed roday. I installed the GMS 2.5" cat back exhaust and their CAI. I went from 250.4 hp and 262.6 tq to 283.0 hp and 282.8 tq with the combo. This was after running the car for about 30 minutes so everything was at full temp/heat soaked. They also dynoed the car after letting it sit for the day. It ran for about 3 minutes before the second dyno run and the hp was 298.4 and tq was 311.7!

I have the dyno sheets and will post them tomorrow. I am convinced that the GMS CAI is the real deal and you do not need a tune to make decent power. I am monitoring the sc threads and know that's where I will go in the future but for now this is a great interim solution.

Thanks GMS/Joey!

Wow, very impressive numbers there sully

I didn't bite the bullet on their exhaust after spending so much on the Corsa's, but I still may add them eventually, waiting to see if JR beefs up the tips a little first.
Old 10/10/06, 11:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05GTRedfire

I didn't bite the bullet on their exhaust after spending so much on the Corsa's, but I still may add them eventually, waiting to see if JR beefs up the tips a little first.
Unless there is something magic in the GMS exhaust, you can't do any better than straight through, no baffles, no packing which is what the Corsas are.
Old 10/11/06, 06:34 AM

Has anyone used the SCT tuner with the GMS cai?
Old 10/11/06, 12:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I just installed my polished CAI, awesome. I got a metal heat shield. I thought I had heard earlier versions had been plastic with some cracks near the big hole area. Well if so they are now heavy and metal. Well it seems you have to leave almost everything loose until you got it together. But the heat shield is hard to seat down in the grommet areas do to the angle of the pipe going into the hole, so you could also cut out the hole a little higher as the CAI is more horizontal than diaganol so the higher the hole, the cleaner the fit of the CAI into it. If you redesign this heat shield in the future JR, would you please make use of both grommet holes. This thing is awesome. Sounds great, Looks great, feels great. Definitely a difference. Now just to get a custom tune on it and im off and buying new tires.LOL
I will post some pics later this weekend, got to get to work.
Old 10/11/06, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 65sohc
Unless there is something magic in the GMS exhaust, you can't do any better than straight through, no baffles, no packing which is what the Corsas are.
The GMS is a cat-back system, or H-back I guess, including new pipes. My Corsa's are only axle-backs. So yeah, a little difference there.
Old 10/11/06, 12:54 PM
GT Member

Sodaman did u get the one with or without the new MAF? And who did u order ur's thru i checked the local orielly's here in springfield and they said they could only get the satin and not the polished. I may just go thru a online retailer.
Old 10/11/06, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by one_mean_marine
Sodaman did u get the one with or without the new MAF? And who did u order ur's thru i checked the local orielly's here in springfield and they said they could only get the satin and not the polished. I may just go thru a online retailer.
You can order direct from Granatelli! Ph.# 805-486-6644 ask for morgan or jr and tell them you belong to the mustang source for a good deal!
Old 10/11/06, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Machnu2
JR, I just wanted to say thanks! I got a chance to install the CAI w/MAF last night and WOW! what a difference! Looks good, sounds good and seat of the pants feels good! Now, two questions. #1 will the fuego tuner compensate for a 3.90 gear? (the reason I ask is this is not the most popular ratio) and #2 How much for a set of fuel rails anodized RED for a 05 up GT? Thanks!

Yes Fuego will work for 3.90 gears

Rails are 362.25 for red anodized – you get http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/images/artlr/GM-FR0507small.jpg

Same here. I installed the GMS CAI in my 07 and had no problems either. BTW I also had it dynoed today. I installed the GMS 2.5" cat back exhaust and their CAI. I went from 250.4 hp and 262.6 tq to 283.0 hp and 282.8 tq with the combo. This was after running the car for about 30 minutes so everything was at full temp/heat soaked. They also dynoed the car after letting it sit for the day. It ran for about 3 minutes before the second dyno run and the hp was 298.4 and tq was 311.7!

Thanks GMS/Joey!

If you have Corsa – then don’t buy my stuff. Spend that money on other GMS stuff. As for tips we are working on a 4” slip over that makes them look more macho – hubba hubba. All kits sold now will get the up grade tips for free put $10.00 for shipping

Originally Posted by SpeedRoush
Has anyone used the SCT tuner with the GMS CAI?

YES – Several have told me that SCT will support and has the tune for the GMS CAI

Originally Posted by sodaman
Well I just installed my polished CAI, awesome. I got a metal heat shield. I thought I had heard earlier versions had been plastic with some cracks near the big hole area. Well if so they are now heavy and metal. Well it seems you have to leave almost everything loose until you got it together. But the heat shield is hard to seat down in the grommet areas do to the angle of the pipe going into the hole, so you could also cut out the hole a little higher as the CAI is more horizontal than diagonal so the higher the hole, the cleaner the fit of the CAI into it. If you redesign this heat shield in the future JR, would you please make use of both grommet holes. This thing is awesome. Sounds great, Looks great, and feels great. Definitely a difference. Now just to get a custom tune on it and I’m off and buying new tires.LOL
I will post some pics later this weekend, got to get to work.
We are taking baby steps. I have given your suggestions to engineering.

The GMS is a cat-back system, or H-back I guess, including new pipes. My Corsa's are only axle-backs. So yeah, a little difference there.

See pics

Originally Posted by one_mean_marine
Sodaman did u get the one with or without the new MAF? And who did u order ur's thru I checked the local orielly's here in Springfield and they said they could only get the satin and not the polished. I may just go thru an online retailer.

GMS will always take care of you
Old 10/11/06, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli

If you have Corsa – then don’t buy my stuff. Spend that money on other GMS stuff. As for tips we are working on a 4” slip over that makes them look more macho – hubba hubba. All kits sold now will get the up grade tips for free put $10.00 for shipping
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well the only reason I'm interested in yours is because of the new pipes. I've been under there when I put my axle-backs on, and could see for myself the big crunch of a bend they put on the factory pipes over the axle. If I could get your pipes to work with my axle-backs I would love it, but from what harleybill's said, they won't fit for some reason? Anyways, I'm sure the mufflers themselves are comparable, but yours is cheaper and comes with better flow overall, because of the pipes.
Old 10/11/06, 11:11 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I would like to know if the intermediate pipes work with the Flowmasters, too. I would love to put cleaner flowing pipes, but like the sound of my flowmasters, and don't want to get rid of them, or spend more money than I have to.
Old 10/12/06, 11:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Everytime I drive my car now is a pleasure for sure. I cant believe this mod is all it claims. But it definitely is worth the money, especially if you dont want to change your computer tune for warranty etc. This is the best bang for the buck, seat of the pants is awesome, sound is awesome and looks are awesome as well. I will be getting a custom tune, but I tell you what if you dont have the cash or dont want to custom tune, you dont need it. Well worth the price. Hats off to JR. Thanks again. Thanks for turning my comments into engineering. If you do redesign the cai heat shield in the future to incorporate all stock holes etc I will definitely take one. Thanks again for a great product and i will be getting your line locks not too far off.
Old 10/13/06, 12:39 PM

up to page 13 was good, from there on it became a mess...

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Wrong Again CLEVELAND - Our sensors are OE and therefore DO NOT void the warranty. Our CAI are sold by several Ford Dealerships as a nice add on to the S197.

Also While I have direct access to the dyno the fact remains that we have tested 3 cars in 1 week with results that have never varied more the 1%. Blitz, Harlybill, Buster and others have all recieved theior parts and said the same thing. They love the look and feel the power
IF your sensors are OE, then why did you CAI not work as initially shipped to Buster?

IF you modify / change the sensors then they are no longer OE. If they are untouched OE then I should be able to go to any ford dealership and buy the sensor and place it into you CAI or MAF housing and it work correctly.

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
It was me that got the first Granatelli CAI for the 07 and discovered that it didn't work. Within the week, the got an 07 in and made a new calibration for the 07's and then sent me a new calibrated MAF Sensor and Harness. All is now is well with the new calibration installed. As you correctly stated, the 05-06's are the same, but the 07's do require a different calibration in the MAF Sensor and Harness, but everything else is the same, and they have the same part number, you just need to tell them if you have an 07 .
Am I missing something here?

I do not have a GMS CAI, I am not disputing the claims about it working just the OE statement.

Also way back in the thread JR said the electronics we include in our kits actually have more dynamic range then a stock GT because we start out with the GT (as in GT40) slot in which goes 0 to 2000 kg/hr at 5 volts as where the Mustang GT is only 0 to 1650 kg/hr at 5 volts.
(refer to #23)
Old 10/13/06, 12:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I think that there is something that is not being said, I think it is a stock OE Maf sensor, but has a jumper harness with some sort of resistor built in. So I dont believe they are modifying the MAF myself but modifying the signal etc by using the included harness. So I am a little dissappointed that it is not a reprogrammed maf itself but a harness to make the changes. I dont think anyone has said anything about that so I thought I would chime in. I do believe it works great so I am satisfied, but not actually the way we think it is. Car runs great tho, so no complaints.
Old 10/14/06, 04:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
JR, I ordered my CAI w/ MAF on Monday (the 9th), is thre any way i can find out if my order has shipped yet?
Old 10/14/06, 07:09 AM
Former Vendor

Well I think that there is something that is not being said, I think it is a stock OE Maf sensor, but has a jumper harness with some sort of resistor built in. So I dont believe they are modifying the MAF myself but modifying the signal etc by using the included harness. So I am a little dissappointed that it is not a reprogrammed maf itself but a harness to make the changes. I dont think anyone has said anything about that so I thought I would chime in. I do believe it works great so I am satisfied, but not actually the way we think it is. Car runs great tho, so no complaints.
NO - lookk at the part nubes on the stock sensor and then look at our - they are different. Granatelli is partners with Hitachi - The jumper, as some call it, does several things. However do not mistake that for teh sensor just being stock. If the stock sensor worked so easy then GMS would not waiste teh money by including it when all we had to do was tell you guys to move yours over. Our prices are still the best around so if we did not HAVE to included that jumper then we would still get the same price for the part but save ourselves over $100
Old 10/14/06, 10:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Maf?

WEll I cant tell what numbers are on the MAF because it appears they have been ground down so you cant see it. If the MAF is adjusted for the Air, then why would you need a jumper harness? If the MAF reads correctly on its own you shouldnt need anything else right?

Quick Reply: Granatelli Intake w/new MAF???