Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

WHATS FOR DINNER?

Search this Thread

Old 10/26/13, 11:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
wouldn't harden they were just soft and kind of mushy.
Like your pecker? She should have been accustomed to that.
Old 10/26/13, 11:21 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Betty Crocker has a GF cookie mix. They're really, really good. They've also got cake and brownie mixes that are really good as well.
Old 10/26/13, 11:22 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Like your pecker? She should have been accustomed to that.

It may not be huge but you could chisel granite with it.
Old 10/26/13, 11:24 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
But can I do it without it tasting like some cardboard ****? I don't see how I can make biscuits and gravy gluten free. I don't even eat fast food, so that doesn't really matter to me. Well, I do occasionally but its not a regular thing and I could drop all of it easily, its just not a part of our menu. I just don't know how I could do it with my home cooking, especially the way we cook in the South.
With work and eating on the go it screws me. I'm usually eating in my truck while driving sadly.

The lunch hour is usually the time my phone doesn't ring so I can get caught up with my jobs.

This week I had GF Rice Krispies 3 days and Chinese the other 2.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 10/26/13 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10/26/13, 11:26 PM

But can I do it without it tasting like some cardboard ****? I don't see how I can make biscuits and gravy gluten free.

Since when does GF = cardboard? All it is mainly is avoiding wheat/wheat flour. There are tons of other flours out there. Potato and rice flour are usually the most popular though. It's all about finding a different way to make things.

Google search for GF biscuits: http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/gluten-free-biscuits/
Old 10/26/13, 11:35 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Since when does GF = cardboard? All it is mainly is avoiding wheat/wheat flour. There are tons of other flours out there. Potato and rice flour are usually the most popular though. It's all about finding a different way to make things.

Google search for GF biscuits: http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/gluten-free-biscuits/

Son, I don't think you realize how serious we are about our biscuits in the South, lol. We use Martha White flour, buttermilk, eggs, butter and lard. Not to mention the flour in the gravy, and the flour for breading our various fried meats, like pork chops, chicken fried steak, deer tenderloins, chicken, etc.
Old 10/26/13, 11:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I looked at the link Nate, and that ain't no biscuit.

You serve that **** to someone around here and call it a biscuit, you're subject to get your **** kicked.
Old 10/26/13, 11:43 PM

Son, I don't think you realize how serious we are about our biscuits in the South, lol. We use Martha White flour, buttermilk, eggs, butter and lard. Not to mention the flour in the gravy, and the flour for breading our various fried meats, like pork chops, chicken fried steak, deer tenderloins, chicken, etc.
Well from the south, I'm obviously not. Just saying there are other ways of doing things.
Old 10/26/13, 11:44 PM

I looked at the link Nate, and that ain't no biscuit.

You serve that **** to someone around here and call it a biscuit, you're subject to get your **** kicked.
Well, sorry. **** you people are picky!
Old 10/26/13, 11:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Well from the south, I'm obviously not. Just saying there are other ways of doing things.
Well, sorry. **** you people are picky!
You don't have to get your panties in a bunch, just telling you how it is. Didn't mean to **** you off.

And we aren't picky, we just like real biscuits. And a real biscuit is not a dense, thin, hard piece of cardboard. A biscuit is light, fluffy, tall, golden on top and bottom, buttery, slightly greasy, and the size of a cat's head when fully baked, swollen and risen high. Hence the term "cat heat biscuit". And you use them to sop up gravy that is made from an iron skillet full of bacon or sausage grease with flour dumped in to make a roux, then milk poured in and stirred until it thickens into gooey artery clogging goodness.
Old 10/26/13, 11:55 PM

You don't have to get your panties in a bunch, just telling you how it is. Didn't mean to **** you off.

And we aren't picky, we just like real biscuits. And a real biscuit is not a dense, thin, hard piece of cardboard. A biscuit is light, fluffy, tall, golden on top and bottom, buttery, slightly greasy, and the size of a cat's head when fully baked, swollen and risen high. Hence the term "cat heat biscuit". And you use them to sop up gravy that is made from an iron skillet full of bacon or sausage grease with flour dumped in to make a roux, then milk poured in and stirred until it thickens into gooey artery clogging goodness.
Didn't **** me off. But yes, you're picky. You just used over ten words to describe a biscuit. How is that not picky?
Old 10/27/13, 12:05 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Didn't **** me off. But yes, you're picky. You just used over ten words to describe a biscuit. How is that not picky?
In the South, using only ten words to describe a biscuit is being a minimalist. I could have written paragraphs about a biscuit. Not to mention how long it would have gone if gravy was included.
Old 10/27/13, 12:06 AM

In the South, using only ten words to describe a biscuit is being a minimalist. I could have written paragraphs about a biscuit. Not to mention how long it would have gone if gravy was included.
Old 10/27/13, 12:15 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

We be surrrrious 'bout our biscuits.
Old 10/27/13, 12:55 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Son, I don't think you realize how serious we are about our biscuits in the South, lol. We use Martha White flour
Geez you guys still haven't integrated? Cause that sounds sort of racist.

Old 10/27/13, 03:55 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Lee would have hit the character limit for a post, and I would have agreed.
Old 10/27/13, 09:05 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Must be the meat they use that you guys like so much.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100907133
Man that is nasty!!! WTF?!

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Wow. Exactly how does a person arrive at the thought, "gee, I think I'll flop my **** out on a bun today at work, take a picture of it and send it to other people?" Yeah. Guns are our biggest problem. Sure.
Yeah, classy, huh?!?! You have to be pretty low in life to do something like that. Pretty low.
Old 10/27/13, 11:45 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
We be surrrrious 'bout our biscuits.
HAHAHA, awesome! I love southern food but can only handle it a couple times a year such as southern fried chicken, and them thar biskets you described
Old 10/27/13, 06:00 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Leftover sirloin strips with some Honey BBQ sauce and tater tots!
Old 10/27/13, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
HAHAHA, awesome! I love southern food but can only handle it a couple times a year such as southern fried chicken, and them thar biskets you described
I couldn't eat Southern food more than three times a day; seven days a week; fitty-too weeks a year....

Quick Reply: WHATS FOR DINNER?