Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/25/07, 02:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Howdy everybody, you to Tom . Well I spent the weekend taken down the Thanksgiving crap and putting up the Christmas crap outside. Started up the Snow blower, the **** thing started again. The wife says I can buy a new one as soon as the old one craps out. It's a Sears Craftmans that over 20 years old. Also puted the Mustang out to warm the engine, charge the battery and take some pictures of the mods I'll done in the tight @ss garage.

Attachment 36147Attachment 36148
Attachment 36149Attachment 36150
Attachment 36151

Hey Darrell, do you use those mirrors to comb your hair or what?

Maybe look at relocating the windshield squirters?

Great mods though overall!
Old 11/25/07, 02:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Howdy everybody, you to Tom . Well I spent the weekend taken down the Thanksgiving crap and putting up the Christmas crap outside. Started up the Snow blower, the **** thing started again. The wife says I can buy a new one as soon as the old one craps out. It's a Sears Craftmans that over 20 years old. Also puted the Mustang out to warm the engine, charge the battery and take some pictures of the mods I'll done in the tight @ss garage.

Attachment 36151

Darrell,
First off I am feeling like a post Hoooo! today! Second I am glad you are feeling well enough to go out and work of the car! I love all of your new mods with one exception. Love the carbon fiber louvers. Really love the leather armrest thingy for the center console. Where did that come from? I want one!! I love the Canton accessories under the hood! And I really love the little girl that say "it's in the mirrors" But your not that cute. Not sure about the mirror thing yet. I know we have talked about the disco ball but..........
Old 11/25/07, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by dly

Attachment 36151
awsome
Old 11/25/07, 04:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Trust me Glenn. I took a look at them when I pulled them out. Way more work to remove the plates and shafts than $150 bucks is worth. Only proper way to do it is weld them up but they will warp and than you will have to machine them flat again plus they will be too thin. Not worth it IMO!
Scott
I see thanks for the pics
Old 11/25/07, 05:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
DLY,
Glad to see you're up & about also
Also liking what you've done with the exception of the mirrors, but each to his own.

Scott, see what you mean now about the home mod to the delete plates, would be alot of work there. Too bad you can't get the Ford ones anymore for $89.00.
Mentioned you've put your stock tires/wheels back on, does that mean you'll be driving it this winter at all?

Finally joined the synthetic oil bandwagon yesterday myself,had been running the Motorcraft 5W-20,changing every 3000. Filled up w/Mobil 1 & new filter. I'm gonna stretch the changes out to 5-6000 now. Should cut it down to 4/YR for me.
Gonna keep the Stang home next few days, weather here is gonna be crappy & maybe some flurries Tues. morning. I've a Saturn beater to use this winter, share it with youngest daughter, but she never uses it. She's got 2 boyfriends to drive her around & works across the street from the house.

Waiting on the headers to arrive
Old 11/25/07, 05:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
DLY,
Glad to see you're up & about also
Also liking what you've done with the exception of the mirrors, but each to his own.

Scott, see what you mean now about the home mod to the delete plates, would be alot of work there. Too bad you can't get the Ford ones anymore for $89.00.
Mentioned you've put your stock tires/wheels back on, does that mean you'll be driving it this winter at all?

Finally joined the synthetic oil bandwagon yesterday myself,had been running the Motorcraft 5W-20,changing every 3000. Filled up w/Mobil 1 & new filter. I'm gonna stretch the changes out to 5-6000 now. Should cut it down to 4/YR for me.
Gonna keep the Stang home next few days, weather here is gonna be crappy & maybe some flurries Tues. morning. I've a Saturn beater to use this winter, share it with youngest daughter, but she never uses it. She's got 2 boyfriends to drive her around & works across the street from the house.

Waiting on the headers to arrive

Hey Larry,
I will drive the car went there is no snow or not alot of salt on the roads. I swapped back to stock to save the chrome on the Steeda wheels. Lordly those stockers look small now. Oh well!!
Scott
Old 11/25/07, 06:13 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey Darrell, do you use those mirrors to comb your hair or what?

Hair ???? What Hair??? I keep it cut to a max of 3/4" usally and what is a comb??? I've had naturally curly hair since I was a wee one. If I can dig up some old Christmas pictures I have a nice afro going (remember the singer Billy Preston) and I had my nose broken in a Basketball game and I have two Black eyes and some tape across my nose.

Glenn I brought a set of stock plates and a stock fuel rail off ebay for 5 bucks. I wanted the fuel rail and started playing with the plates. I got the butterflys out and was in the progress of welding the holes up but have since being sidetracked. Now I don't need them, I'm SC by Saleen. If I get really bored this winter I might try to finish them for something to do.

Scott the center console is a Scott Drake thing. It's just fabric that you have to put over the old. They want you to glue it on but I found a "How-to" on the web. I got a 1" foam pad from a Fabric store and wax HD thread and a big @ss needle and kind of did a shoe lace thing to get it on.
http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/...structions.htm Also I'm in the middle of this too.
http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/EbrakeBoot.htm.

Well I'm not worry if the mirrors are not a hit. I can pull them off as they are just held on by velcro. I'll try them at a Car Show next year and see.

Tom nice set up I'm hearing "SUPER BOWL PARTY"
Old 11/25/07, 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott, where did you find the best price on the Earl's lines? What part number is it if it is not to much trouble?
Old 11/25/07, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess it just depends how everything fits. Larry's an old helicoper mechanic and I am an old toolmaker. Together we are just plain old!! If we run into trouble and need some big hammers we can always call a blacksmith. But I am sure we will prevail!!! :-)
I can hear it now, GO GO GADGET STANGCOPTER
Old 11/25/07, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

HMMM, those 2 mods looks interesting. Could take up some boreing winter nights.
Old 11/26/07, 04:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Scott, where did you find the best price on the Earl's lines? What part number is it if it is not to much trouble?

Ben,
Darrell (dly) hooked me up with them. $115.00 shipped to your door. I never found them any cheaper. Okay now this is really ****'n me off. Edit: This morning these brake lines were $115 shipped and I just looked at 6:15 tonight and they are now $129 shipped. Sorry Ben
Scott

http://www.inmotionperf.com/cart/ind...ewCat&catId=87
Old 11/26/07, 05:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

morning Folks
Old 11/26/07, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Guess it just you and me Glenn.
Old 11/26/07, 04:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

took this a while ago
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-img_0674ask-god.jpg  
Old 11/26/07, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ben,
Not sure if this is the same place Scott got his from or not, but still showing 99.99 here;
http://www.ls1speed.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000575

Free shipping for orders over 100.00
Old 11/26/07, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Ben,
Not sure if this is the same place Scott got his from or not, but still showing 99.99 here;
http://www.ls1speed.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000575

Free shipping for orders over 100.00

Well... where were you a week ago when I ordered mine for $115? Kudo's for finding the best deal Larry. Even paying shipping it is cheaper than my $115 shipped price. And NO that is not the same place I bought mine. Good find! Order quick Ben before they change the price to $150.
Scott
Old 11/26/07, 05:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
took this a while ago
I'd ask......... "Why" regarding the license plate.

Well... where were you a week ago when I ordered mine for $115? Kudo's for finding the best deal Larry. Even paying shipping it is cheaper than my $115 shipped price. And NO that is not the same place I bought mine. Good find! Order quick Ben before they change the price to $150.
Scott
Do these stainless lines really make any improvement or is it just placebo??
Old 11/26/07, 05:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I'd ask......... "Why" regarding the license plate.

Do these stainless lines really make any improvement or is it just placebo??

Well here is my take on the SS brake lines. You are replacing the only rubber lines in the whole car that swell when you hit the brakes. Higher end cars like Vettes or Vipers come from the factory with SS brake lines. In normal every day driving like you and I do I would say "NO" you will not notice they are there. But in a panic stop they will shorten the distance it takes to stop the car. Earl claims a 18 ft less stopping distance at 80 mph. That is the difference of going thru a Chevy Tahoe or just stopping at it's bumper. I guess it's a cheap mod that may pay dividends some day is the way I look at them. But everyone that has them seems to like the way they feel. Plus in my case I have already upgraded the rotors and pads so it seems like I should do them to close the deal in the brake department.
Scott
Old 11/26/07, 06:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

will you need a retune when you install the lines??
Old 11/26/07, 07:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Scott if I do pads, rotors, and lines you'll need to walk me thru the install, and the bleeding procedure too.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread