Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/07, 05:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Scott I agee with Tom. You should give Tom the shaft .

Just paid my share of my wifes mod from the Dentist, 7 large total bill was over 3 grand. So I guess you can say I brought a new Grill today.
Double
Old 12/4/07, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Scott I agee with Tom. You should give Tom the shaft .

Just paid my share of my wifes mod from the Dentist, 7 large total bill was over 3 grand. So I guess you can say I brought a new Grill today.

Ohh.. If Tom shows up on Saturday I'll give him the shaft alright. I hope you are working on Xmas and New Years day to pay for that bill. Hope she is alright??
Scott
Old 12/4/07, 05:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
That is great news Larry. As far as the needed equipment goes. I have 2 floor jacks and 4 jack stands and 4 ramps to set the car up on. I also have 4 homemade wooden ramps to get these cars up high enough to get the jacks under them. Bring your 150lb torque wrench for my pinion nut but I wonder what the torque of the header bolts are? I bet they are in inch/lbs. I can borrow a wrench for them very close to home. Would you happen to have a 27 mm ..1/2 inch drive socket and a gear puller for my pinion flange? If not I can get the puller from work. Saturday is good for me and if needed I am open on Sunday if we have problems. Give me a call this week. I am getting hyped!! Lets do this!!!!
Scott

Scott,
I've got an assortment of gear pullers I can bring, they're all 3 jaw though.Got a small torque wrench also, goes down to 20 in/lb. I'll have to check on the 27mm 1/2" dr socket,will let you know.

Tom,
Would be great if you could make it as well,seriously won't need your muscle, but would be good to meet up with you again. I'd like to hear those Loudmouths in person
Old 12/5/07, 11:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey all, it's almost Thursday. Got about 3" of snow here...... good thing I drove the car yesterday, may not be out again for a while.
Old 12/5/07, 02:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, I had my car out for a little while yesterday before the snow hit. Got it back in the garage and the car cover is in place. It's staying in for a while.
Old 12/5/07, 03:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

We got between 3-4 inches of snow also. Now it's getting windy and starting to drift. We live in the country and the drifting part sucks.

Larry,
Don't worry about the 27 mm socket. I did a little math today and it is exactly 1 1/16 and I have a six point socket. I plan on using an air impact wrench to get that sucker off with so I don't want to hurt your socket. Besides I stopped by Sears tonight and all they have in 27 mm is 12 point. At 150 ft/lbs. it might strip.

Darrell,
Since you have Earl's SS brake lines I have a question for you. I need to get a set of hydraulic line wrenches to put them on my car after Xmas. I don't want to open the package since it is a Xmas present so I need to know are the fittings metric or English? I assume Metric but can't be sure.

OH BOY...the Big Brown Truck is here. I assume he has my Sydieshaft. I'll be back later!!
Scott
Old 12/5/07, 03:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kansas City is dry this afternoon, now as for the windy conditions
Old 12/5/07, 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

We got about 3-4" of the white stuff here today as well. Probably won't have mine on the road again until Saturday for the cruise to Scott's.

Scott,
Get your shaft?
I'll be bringing a shallow & deep 27mm just in case.Your 6 point might be best though. I'll try & give you a call tomorrow or Fri. evening for directions.
And I'll have all the needed hand tools for shaft & header install.
I'll probably not be bringing my jack, but will bring my 2 jack stands in case we have them both up @ same time.
Do you need any torque specs for the D/S? I've got a ton of Ford service manual pdf's.

Larry
Old 12/5/07, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
We got about 3-4" of the white stuff here today as well. Probably won't have mine on the road again until Saturday for the cruise to Scott's.

Scott,
Get your shaft?
I'll be bringing a shallow & deep 27mm just in case.Your 6 point might be best though. I'll try & give you a call tomorrow or Fri. evening for directions.
And I'll have all the needed hand tools for shaft & header install.
I'll probably not be bringing my jack, but will bring my 2 jack stands in case we have them both up @ same time.
Do you need any torque specs for the D/S? I've got a ton of Ford service manual pdf's.

Larry

Yes...I have received the shaft tonight and am loving it.

Don't worry about the jackstands. I have 4 metal ramps to put your car on and 4 jackstands for mine if needed. I have 2 floor jacks so don't worry about yours.

Only hand tools you need to bring is your torque wrenches and 27 mm sockets.

Funny thing about the torque specs on the Sydershaft. It gives me the spec's for the pinion nut but not either end of the driveshaft. So if you can get them for the trans end and differential end that would be great.

Told Karen to download all the her pictures off of the camera so we can take a before and after vid and pictures of the install along the way. There seems to be alot of guys interested in these headers on other threads so maybe we can give them the additional info they need to make up their minds about them.

I will PM you my address so you can do a Mapquest before we talk.
Scott

Hey Tom!!!! Are you coming? I'll buy breakfast!!!!!!
Old 12/5/07, 04:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I don't know yet..... to be honest, I haven't even seen my wife since early Monday morning. I have to see if she's working, and before that I really need to finish my Xmas lists for relatives so I can figure out what kinda shopping I have to finish yet.

Anyway, maybe can find out tonight if I can stay up late enough till she gets home (~ 12am).

What time on Saturday are you old farts planning to start??
Old 12/5/07, 04:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I don't know yet..... to be honest, I haven't even seen my wife since early Monday morning. I have to see if she's working, and before that I really need to finish my Xmas lists for relatives so I can figure out what kinda shopping I have to finish yet.

Anyway, maybe can find out tonight if I can stay up late enough till she gets home (~ 12am).

Not sure yet. I am a early riser but I can't imagine we will start much before 9 am. Waiting to hear from Larry but I would like to start the day with breakfast since Karen is going out all day with her girlfriends so it might be the only thing we get to eat that day. Don't worry Larry. Karen is going to make us some Sloppyjoes to munch on later in the day.
Old 12/5/07, 05:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281

Tom,
I'm not quite as early riser as Scott,but I'm planning on heading out of here around 7. Should put me in Scott's neighborhood around 8.
Haven't seen wife since Monday!!! Darn guy, I'm feeling for you. Understand though, lots of days I kiss wifey on the porch as she's heading out & me just in.By the time she gets back home, I'm off to bed.
Hope you can make it down.
Old 12/5/07, 06:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom,
I'm not quite as early riser as Scott,but I'm planning on heading out of here around 7. Should put me in Scott's neighborhood around 8.
Haven't seen wife since Monday!!! Darn guy, I'm feeling for you. Understand though, lots of days I kiss wifey on the porch as she's heading out & me just in.By the time she gets back home, I'm off to bed.
Hope you can make it down.

I am wondering how all this stuff is going to fit in your trunk??
Old 12/5/07, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

Scott,
Here's a .pdf file for the factory D/s
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
driveshaft4-6.pdf (276.7 KB, 174 views)
Old 12/5/07, 06:28 PM
Cobra Member

Scott,
Look over this pdf file on replacing the pinion seal, might be a pinion nut preload that needs looked into for your shaft install if indeed you have to take off the pinion nut.
Larry
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
pinion-seal.pdf (315.0 KB, 251 views)
Old 12/5/07, 06:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott,
Look over this pdf file on replacing the pinion seal, might be a pinion nut preload that needs looked into for your shaft install if indeed you have to take off the pinion nut.
Larry
Definitly need to take off the pinion nut. Here are the Spydershaft install instructions.

http://www.leonardracingproducts.com...structions.pdf
Old 12/5/07, 07:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey glenn, who is that chick a few pages back with the cans?
Old 12/5/07, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I like the spydie install instructions much better LOL......
Old 12/6/07, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks like they are forcasting more snow. 2 " tonight 1" tomorrow morning. YUK! Also, it was ZERO degrees here this morning and it's not even winter yet.
Scott
Old 12/6/07, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
1-3 here. I will be out in it tonight. Cant pass up 2.00 you call its and 25 cent wings at the bar for the bears game. Yes, the bears do suck!

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread