Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/07, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Ben I thought I'd be able to slide that one by...... oops you caught me.

Regarding the trunk, I do have a Sony Playstation that me & my boy play games on... no plasma though.

Old 11/20/07, 06:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by aircare84
Scott,
I've been keeping my eye on the OBX LT's myself for a while now. I'm gonna go ahead & get a set myself. I've just got to sell off some of my excess armor plastic kits first to assist with the funding. With Xmas close,I can't spend that on an unneeded mod on the car. But, I can get rid of stuff in the attic for that purpose & not need to worry about the Xmas funds.
I should be able to order in a 1-1/2 wks. I can supply the tools & labor if you'ld be interested in doing a dual install? I'm going to forgo the delete plates, as I've always thought LT's would be a good upgrade. The warranty issue + price on other offerings has been my main hangup.
One way or another, I'm gonna take the plunge,I wonder how loud it would be with this mid-muffler setup I've currently got installed. May be glad I hung onto those GTA's I've got in the shed.
Let me know your thoughts.
Larry
Morning Larry,
As you can tell by the last 3 pages of this thread I have been waffling around about doing the header install. I am going to do the headers, Spydershaft DS , and hopefully cams eventually. And when I do the headers it will be the OBX brand. I can't order anything just yet as I am counting on a Xmas bonus that I don't have yet. However, I will be there with bells on to help you with your header install. You can count on my help. So get those puppies on order!! I have to admit that last night I read up on the Spydershaft again and liked the 8-10 rwhp gain and 3 tenths quicker 1/4 mile times with the Spydie shaft. Bottom line like Glenn said I will do them all in time. Maybe we can do your headers and my driveshaft install together.
This weekend I will be doing the delete plates and putting my stock wheels and tires back on. Also, the mother-in-law ordered me Earl's SS brakelines for Xmas. Guess I should tell her. So that will be my next mod after the plates. Don't forget Larry it seems you will have to also get some O2 sensor extentions and have your tune updated for those LT's.
Scott
Old 11/20/07, 06:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I have seen on here that the shaft freed up 6hp. I believe some one around here did a dyno.
Old 11/20/07, 06:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

A THANKSGIVING POEM
(author unknown)

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
But I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned –
The dark meat and white
But I fought the temptation
With all of my might

Tossing and turning
With anticipation,
The thought of a snack
Became infatuation.

So I raced to the kitchen,
Flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge,
Full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey
And buttered potatoes
Pickles and carrots
Beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling
So plump and so round,
'Til all of a sudden,
I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling,
Floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding
And a handful of pie

But, I managed to yell
As I soared past the trees…
Happy eating to all –
Pass the cranberries, please!

May your stuffing be tasty,
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes 'n gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
May your pies take the prize.
May your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off of your thighs.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11/20/07, 02:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks- happy bird day to everyone else too.
Old 11/20/07, 03:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Thanks- happy bird day to everyone else too.

Wow...and here I thought you were our friend. Not sure now since you are givng us the bird. Actually, maybe Glenn was the first to give us the bird.

Best to everyone.. Make it a safe holiday. It's going to be a long winter so at least we will have each other to tease and pick on!
Scott
Old 11/20/07, 06:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

good chance of snow for us tomorrow night in to thur morn. Don't think it will stick to the streets tho
Old 11/20/07, 06:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Morning Larry,
As you can tell by the last 3 pages of this thread I have been waffling around about doing the header install. I am going to do the headers, Spydershaft DS , and hopefully cams eventually. And when I do the headers it will be the OBX brand. I can't order anything just yet as I am counting on a Xmas bonus that I don't have yet. However, I will be there with bells on to help you with your header install. You can count on my help. So get those puppies on order!! I have to admit that last night I read up on the Spydershaft again and liked the 8-10 rwhp gain and 3 tenths quicker 1/4 mile times with the Spydie shaft. Bottom line like Glenn said I will do them all in time. Maybe we can do your headers and my driveshaft install together.
This weekend I will be doing the delete plates and putting my stock wheels and tires back on. Also, the mother-in-law ordered me Earl's SS brakelines for Xmas. Guess I should tell her. So that will be my next mod after the plates. Don't forget Larry it seems you will have to also get some O2 sensor extentions and have your tune updated for those LT's.
Scott
Scott,
Well I bought them, hard to pass for the price for what you get. I'm aware I'll need to extend the O2 sensors & I'll be emailing Brent here shortly to buy a tune for them. Too bad Brenspeed doesn't sell these.
I'd be glad to help with your D/S install if you are willing to provide a location for the work .Like I said, I've also got any of the tools we'll need. I do have a torque wrench that goes up to 150lbs, so that should get the pinion nut torque.Whether either of us has the ompf to torque it is another matter
Good luck with those delete plates & let me know your impressions on them.
Hope you & Karen have a nice Thanksgiving! We've got our kids & their other halves coming to the house here & I've got 3 more pies to make, be a busy day but at least I'll have a few days after to recover.

Larry
Old 11/21/07, 05:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

7.5 hrs to go
Old 11/21/07, 05:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Morning Gents, lurkers, slackers, post*****s and the like
Old 11/21/07, 05:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Good morning everyone! Time is tickin', almost turkey time.
Old 11/21/07, 09:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Scott,
Well I bought them, hard to pass for the price for what you get. I'm aware I'll need to extend the O2 sensors & I'll be emailing Brent here shortly to buy a tune for them. Too bad Brenspeed doesn't sell these.
I'd be glad to help with your D/S install if you are willing to provide a location for the work .Like I said, I've also got any of the tools we'll need. I do have a torque wrench that goes up to 150lbs, so that should get the pinion nut torque.Whether either of us has the ompf to torque it is another matter
Good luck with those delete plates & let me know your impressions on them.
Hope you & Karen have a nice Thanksgiving! We've got our kids & their other halves coming to the house here & I've got 3 more pies to make, be a busy day but at least I'll have a few days after to recover.

Larry

Let us know when you get them. I would think we could get them installed on a Saturday or Sunday before Xmas if you have the time. Just let me know when you want to do them and we will make plans.

Everyone have a safe Turkey day!!!!
Scott
Old 11/21/07, 09:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Let us know when you get them. I would think we could get them installed on a Saturday or Sunday before Xmas if you have the time. Just let me know when you want to do them and we will make plans.

Everyone have a safe Turkey day!!!!
Scott
LOL better plan on Saturday AND Sunday...

Well I guess the 2 of you together ought to be able to do it in one day. Call me if you need any pointers.
Old 11/21/07, 10:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
LOL better plan on Saturday AND Sunday...

Well I guess the 2 of you together ought to be able to do it in one day. Call me if you need any pointers.
I guess it just depends how everything fits. Larry's an old helicoper mechanic and I am an old toolmaker. Together we are just plain old!! If we run into trouble and need some big hammers we can always call a blacksmith. But I am sure we will prevail!!! :-)
Old 11/21/07, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Larry, Brent does sell O2 extensions. Unless they have made new ones it may look like they don't fit. You will need to trim one of the tabs off the extensions to get the connect. Mine have been that way for over a year and half.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY ALL
Old 11/21/07, 05:25 PM

Just came over from Go.net to wish all my Midwest friends a Happy Thanksgiving....
Sorry I haven't posted in a while....
...forgot my password....
...got a flat....
...ran out of gas....
..anyway nice thread!
I'm guessing there are about 15 Midwesterners here on a regular basis?
...Guess I'll be stopping by more often now that I can talk with
some fellow Mustang owners who know the terrain and walk the talk. Enjoy a modding weekend!
Old 11/21/07, 05:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ambenz
Just came over from Go.net to wish all my Midwest friends a Happy Thanksgiving....
Sorry I haven't posted in a while....
...forgot my password....
...got a flat....
...ran out of gas....
..anyway nice thread!
I'm guessing there are about 15 Midwesterners here on a regular basis?
...Guess I'll be stopping by more often now that I can talk with
some fellow Mustang owners who know the terrain and walk the talk. Enjoy a modding weekend!

Hey Andy,
Your welcome anytime. Have a great and safe holiday weekend!!!! Love your vert!
Scott
Old 11/21/07, 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Larry, Brent does sell O2 extensions. Unless they have made new ones it may look like they don't fit. You will need to trim one of the tabs off the extensions to get the connect. Mine have been that way for over a year and half.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY ALL
Ben,
Thanks for the info. I've emailed Brent on getting an updated tune. When you mentioned trimming off one of the tabs, do you mean where the extender plugs onto the factory O2 sensor?
I can always do the splice & extend method also, I have access to some nice sealable splices we use on the helis.
Did you ever get those side window louvers in yet?

Andy,
Welcome & stop in often,good group of people in here.

Scott,
Between us, we've got over 100yrs of experience between us! I'm sure we could show these youngsters a thing or two
I'll keep you updated on when I get my pieces, tune, etc. I'm taking 2 wks off from before Xmas to after New Years, figured I'd do the install in that time frame. Ant idea when you might be getting your D/S?

Got my Pumpkin pies out of the oven a few minutes ago,
just have to make the peach pie tomorrow & help wife with the rest of the meal,after that it'll be a few days of unwinding.
Been a darn intense week for only 3 days. My company has about doubled in number of aircraft this past year,we're currently #2 in the nation in size of EMS helis & our owners want to double this in the next 3 yrs. Ah, life was so much easier 20yrs ago when I was just a wrench & only had to worry about 1 aircraft.

Enough of my crying, hope you'll all have a safe & nice Thanskgiving!
Old 11/21/07, 08:03 PM

Looks like some tune mods are happening as we type.
Just finished some show mods to my "GO".
Just a few pic of my all show and factory GO....
...Maybe a tune and intake mod this spring......

Valve cover

Turn signal Mirrors...

Shock tower covers

Fan Cover extensions...

Performance mods in the near future.....
Old 11/21/07, 10:09 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Happy Turkey Day to all you Midwestern Turkeys both Old and Young, Stock and Modded, Low HP and High HP, and V-8's and V-6's.

May your stomachs be full and your Mustang fever never fade.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread