Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/10, 11:09 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, I'll take plenty of those! It looks like it's getting close......

Hi Bart,

The last we heard, (and we were off yesterday, although Reid placed a call on your behalf to our order person) your Mustang was in Mesquite. We are hoping that it comes in by tomorrow, although Reid just went to check on whether by chance, it came in last night.

We'll be in touch....

Originally Posted by GhostTX
Just remember, PICS or it didn't happen!
Old 5/7/10, 01:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Falchion
Oh, I'll take plenty of those! It looks like it's getting close......

Hi Bart,

The last we heard, (and we were off yesterday, although Reid placed a call on your behalf to our order person) your Mustang was in Mesquite. We are hoping that it comes in by tomorrow, although Reid just went to check on whether by chance, it came in last night.

We'll be in touch....
Awesome!
Old 5/8/10, 09:42 AM

Well, looks like it didn't show up after all. That was somebody at the rail road giving out incorrect info. Errr!

It's "in transit" and I'm not sure when it will be here?

I hope before the 21st since that's when I going to go on vacation for a week to my new cabin in SE OK. It will be on the rental market after that!

Hey Thread, here's a thread on getting a better price then X-plan. Maybe you should do the same thing? Some Dealerships are selling 2011 GT's for less then invoice! You could maybe get a better price then me!

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=483012

Just a heads-up to anyone that is buying through X-plan
SHOP AROUND! I was going to take my X-plan deal and walk out the door with no questions asked. Ended up going to another dealer to view the MCA package they had on the lot, and they told me they would beat X-plan if I worked with them instead of the other dealer. This dealer just sent me a quote for SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS BELOW INVOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am literally floored at the price. I heard jokerstars talking a lot about dealers going lower than X-plan, but I really didn't feel like going to 5 different places. This dealership basically just offered it to get the biz - no haggling involved! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

SHOP AROUND - you never know how much better a deal the guy down the road can get you

Last edited by Falchion; 5/8/10 at 09:47 AM.
Old 5/9/10, 01:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
Well, looks like it didn't show up after all. That was somebody at the rail road giving out incorrect info. Errr!

It's "in transit" and I'm not sure when it will be here?

I hope before the 21st since that's when I going to go on vacation for a week to my new cabin in SE OK. It will be on the rental market after that!

Hey Thread, here's a thread on getting a better price then X-plan. Maybe you should do the same thing? Some Dealerships are selling 2011 GT's for less then invoice! You could maybe get a better price then me!

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=483012

Just a heads-up to anyone that is buying through X-plan
SHOP AROUND! I was going to take my X-plan deal and walk out the door with no questions asked. Ended up going to another dealer to view the MCA package they had on the lot, and they told me they would beat X-plan if I worked with them instead of the other dealer. This dealer just sent me a quote for SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS BELOW INVOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am literally floored at the price. I heard jokerstars talking a lot about dealers going lower than X-plan, but I really didn't feel like going to 5 different places. This dealership basically just offered it to get the biz - no haggling involved! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

SHOP AROUND - you never know how much better a deal the guy down the road can get you
Bummer that it didn't show up!
I saw that other thread too. It would be nice if I could pull that deal off.
Old 5/9/10, 06:11 PM

I got the $750 private offer in the mail on Saturday. I was happy to see that, every little bit helps!

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Bummer that it didn't show up!
I saw that other thread too. It would be nice if I could pull that deal off.
Old 5/12/10, 12:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I anxiously await. Watching videos being posted, the 5.0 is bad azz! Hitting the 1/4 in the 11s!
Old 5/17/10, 02:45 PM

I just called Ford's Customer Service today, and the new ETA is June 4th. Looks like I'll have to go to OK in my old Mustang.
Old 5/17/10, 05:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Bummer dude!
Old 5/17/10, 10:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just means you'll have over a year to get used to the new ride before the next event!
Old 5/18/10, 07:35 PM

Well maybe it's just as well. Ford said not to stay at the same speed for the first thousand miles in order for the engine to break in correctly. And I'd have to drive 250 miles pretty much at the same speed to get to my cabin in OK.

It will give me some place to go after I get the new Pony.
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-or34-065-2.jpg   Fort Worth crew-or34-084.jpg  
Old 5/20/10, 11:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That's yours? Nice!
Old 5/29/10, 11:04 AM

Yes, just got back yesterday from a week up there. The cabin turned out really well and my Contractor got most everything fixed that I could find wrong with it. Only I didn't have the Internet hooked up yet so I spent the whole time up there without Internet access.

Here's a link to my online album that I just updated yesterday.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...elated%20pics/

That's yours? Nice!
Old 5/30/10, 02:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

That rocks! Just a vacation home? Where at (roughly) and how many acres is it on? Near that river/stream and lake??
Old 5/30/10, 03:46 PM

Well, not just a vacation home. I'm renting it out in order to make my payments and then use it in the off season. And perhaps to retire to some day. I'd be there right now, but it's rented this weekend!

It off of the North end of the 259A road to Beavers Bend State park. That's about 10 miles North of Broken Bow, OK, and it's 1.10 acre. Here's the link to the rental agency that's renting it for me. The photos haven't been updated yet, but they should be by next week. The web site talks about what there is to do there and the photos were taken about 4 miles away from my cabin.

http://www.brokenbowcabinlodging.com...age_cabin.html

I got "Gone in 60 seconds" and of course Bullet both in Blu Ray. The first really looks good in Blu Ray. I put in a 46 inch Samsung LED LCD TV. It's real nice!

That rocks! Just a vacation home? Where at (roughly) and how many acres is it on? Near that river/stream and lake??
Old 6/2/10, 10:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

This is currently at Texas Motors!

Old 6/2/10, 10:24 AM

Hmm, that looks good, but it looks like it has the dark interior whcih I wasn't wanting with these hot Texas summers!

However, it does show that the 2011's are out there. Maybe it would be better to just cancel and go looking for what I want?

Thanks for posting Thread! It makes me feel a little better!
Old 6/2/10, 11:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Treadhead
This is currently at Texas Motors!

A Brembo pkg HERE?!?! Not 2 miles from my work!! I must go, I must go TODAY! Must DRIVE!

Sorry to get worked up there, I really wanted to know what the car feels like compared to the regular GT with the different steering and brake feel.
Old 6/2/10, 06:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Where do you work Kelsey? I live maybe a mile from Texas Motors.

Oh and Welcome to TMS if I haven't said so before!

Last edited by Treadhead; 6/2/10 at 06:29 PM.
Old 6/3/10, 06:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well, ONE of ya needs to go test drive it!
Old 6/4/10, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's in the showroom now. I think Kelsey drove it Wednesday though. The only one out on the lot is a Silver one one. the rest are up by the doors to the showroom. I went up there today and got a brochure.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew