Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/05, 03:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, some days its so busy that you you wish the phones would go out long enough to take a break but, then some days it's so slow you wish something would happen so you'll have something to do. It's crazy but, it's fun and every now and then you get to help someone and feel good about it.

P.S.-- Our new patrol cars(still Crown Vics) are beginning to show up and they are still slow.
Old 8/4/05, 08:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Be a supporter for those Charger squad cars. With those uber Hemis, those things looked baaad. Wouldn't mind asking for a ride-along with you if those came in.
Old 8/4/05, 04:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

HAHA! I don't think the city wants us to catch people that bad! We might be going to a black and white paint scheme next year though. Y'all can ride out whenever ya want.Our new computer system starts next week so it's gonna be crazy for a few weeks. We will be able to do reports and all kinds of stuff now from our car computers but, we can no longer call them in so everyone will be trying to learn the system and handle the calls at the same time. If you have a report to do, you have to do it before you can take another call. Gonna be loads of fun next week.
Old 8/4/05, 08:36 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did they put Toughbooks in your cars? The keyboard is like typing on playdough. If they ever require us to do direct entry from the field, I'll buy my folks some cheap USB keyboards. Currently it is optional, and few opt to do it. Between upload times, crappy keyboards, and the fact that the networks are never 100%, its more of a headache than a time saver. I hope your vendor and hardware are better than ours!
Old 8/4/05, 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Joel, I'm not sure what they are other than Motorola. Compared to the junky ones we had before, these keyboards are great. The keys are a little mushy feeling but, they are nice and backlit which our old ones weren't. The system as a whole has not been explained yet so I'm not sure how it works. I know we are getting those little USB memory sticks or thumb drives or whatever they are called. It'll be nice when it's all up and running. We will be able to pull up pics and stuff and most paperwork will be electronic now. I'll try to get more info soon.

P.S. I do know that the program is the same that LAPD is using. We paid like a couple hundred thousand dollars for a copy theirs as opposed to a few million for a customized version. It's Tibouron Mako.
Old 8/4/05, 09:25 PM
GT Member

Motorola makes top notch toys. I suspect your purchasing folks are brighter than ours. On the upside of our less than perfect system, I can monitor all my units, dispatch notes, and waiting calls...when I'm not browsing the web. I ran down all the speed parts shops in my town by googling and checking vendor pages while mobile. I think I had a record number of "business contacts" logged that day. Maybe I'll get a commendation for it.
Old 8/5/05, 12:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking at your sig, you should get your car any day now. Congrats!

You're going to enjoy it.......

Originally posted by Blue Knight@August 4, 2005, 9:28 PM
Motorola makes top notch toys. I suspect your purchasing folks are brighter than ours. On the upside of our less than perfect system, I can monitor all my units, dispatch notes, and waiting calls...when I'm not browsing the web. I ran down all the speed parts shops in my town by googling and checking vendor pages while mobile. I think I had a record number of "business contacts" logged that day. Maybe I'll get a commendation for it.
Old 8/5/05, 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

I know they are setting up Wi-Fi stuff around the city but, it's not operational yet. There are no speed shops or anyplace for that matter that would dare leave my car in the part of town I work. I work mids so I don't get too many business contacts unless you count the dope dealers and prostitutes.
Old 8/5/05, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

I found a car show that looks like it might be nice to go to. It's called the Yellow Rose at Will Rogers on Saturday Aug 13th 10am-10pm and Sunday 10am-6pm. I might go Saturday sometime if anyone wants to meet up. It costs $8 to get in and there are $2 off coupons on NTMC.org. There are pics from previous shows on that site and it looks pretty nice.
Old 8/7/05, 09:48 PM
V6 Member

Jimmy,

I'll be out of town this weekend so I'll end up missing the car show, but it would be good to meet up with you again sometime and catch up. I see you're on the beat....glad to hear your back is doing better. Saw an article in the FWST about your little foot race with the day-care burglar, didn't mention you by name but it sure sounded like the same incident. Good work, guys!

Sounds like Blue Knight has exceptionally good taste in Mustangs, especially since it's a twin to my GT. We'll all have to get together and compare rides sometime...

Later,

Railray
Old 8/8/05, 05:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey there Railray! Yep that was the same chase and it is definitely nice to be back at work. It's too bad you can't make it. Did you see the Texas Motor Speedway post for Sep 10th? Hopefully we can all make it to that one.
Old 8/8/05, 10:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Treadhead@August 5, 2005, 7:57 PM
I found a car show that looks like it might be nice to go to. It's called the Yellow Rose at Will Rogers on Saturday Aug 13th 10am-10pm and Sunday 10am-6pm. I might go Saturday sometime if anyone wants to meet up. It costs $8 to get in and there are $2 off coupons on NTMC.org. There are pics from previous shows on that site and it looks pretty nice.

Oh heck yeah!

I've been to the Yellow Rose every year for the last 15 years. (wanted to finally enter the fastback this year, but I couldn't finish the engine swap in time)

It's a great show (gotta love the air conditioning in August). We need to designate a time and place to meet up. Maybe try to be at the entrance every hour on the hour or something like that. I'll plan ahead what I'm wearing so I'll be easy to spot.

Or maybe we could meet for lunch before hand and all go together. That'd be fun too.

I usually go with a small army of guys anyway.
Old 8/8/05, 05:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Great Blake! I can't go until the afternoon(like around 3pm) so I can get some sleep since I have to work later that night. If y'all wanna go earlier that's fine. I'll just look for the crowd around KD Lang. Shouldn't be to hard to miss! Don't hurt me!
Old 8/8/05, 08:23 PM
GT Member

Got a call from my dealer at work today. Needless to say, I took off early and made the trip down into Dallas. It rained all the way home, and I just grinned. Course, when I got home, I broke out the Mr. Clean Autowasher.

A couple really lousy digitals are in my Gallery for now. I fiddled with the camera settings to do some specialty photography, and now it does nothing but make blurry garbage. Ill fix it on my days off and get some better photos done.

Unfortunately, I'm working 6-6 on the 13th, and my partner is out with a new baby, so I'm totally stuck.

Sept 10th is a work day, but I'm already cutting some deals to get my shift covered, so I should be able to make that event.

I love this car! I think I'll go out in the garage and be alone with it for a while.
Old 8/8/05, 10:37 PM
V6 Member

Looks like it's nanner time for Blue Knight!

I know what you mean about how you feel about your new car. Enjoy...It's a mighty fine ride! :worship:

Jimmy...I'll put that Sept. 10th thing on my calendar. I'd love to wring my GT out for three laps on a nice track...

Speed limit? We don't need no stinkin' speed limit!

Later!
Old 8/9/05, 01:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Congrats, Knight!!

Reminds me kinda when I got my car. I got it Thursday night, drove it to work on Friday, then she stayed in the garage all weekend 'cause we had a litany of things to do. Then that Monday I flew out on business for a week!

They're awesome cars though. I'm still planning on the 10th myself. Should we pick a time? Maybe a meeting point?
Old 8/9/05, 01:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! Enjoy your car!

Old 8/9/05, 04:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrats Knight!
Old 8/9/05, 05:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats on the new pony Joel!
It's impossible to get that grin off your face. Have fun with it.

On another note--- our new computer system went online today at work and I am so dreading going in tonight. Hopefully it will be a slow business day because it's gonna take some extra time to learn the new report system.
Old 8/9/05, 10:52 PM
GT Member

Thanks Gents!

I got up early to go to work for the first time in about...well...ever.

Since I have the next two days off, I'm going to have time to burn a whole lot of gas. The first order of business is another bath (city lawn crew chose to mow the PD grass today and blew crud all over the car), a quick coat wax, and scrubbing the chalk marks off the tires that my dealer missed because I rushed him. Then I'm going to terrorize the city and see how many citizen complaints I can generate.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew