Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06, 08:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 1, 2006, 5:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, I had the brake squeal and seat cover TSB's done today. Hopefully they will fix everything once and for all. The brakes didn't make any noise on the way home but, we'll see how it goes. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I had to look both of those up. Is the seat just with leather seating? Either way, I haven't had any of those issues, yet. Not that I want them. What exactly did the seat and brakes do for you? Didn't you also have the suspension popping?

I want the window runner TSB!!!
Old 2/2/06, 07:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think the seat TSB is for leather only but, I'm not sure. The seat cover comes loose from the front clips and wouldn't stay connected properly. I went quite awhile before my brakes ever started sqealing but, they finally started about 3-4 months ago. I had the front suspension popping too but, that was fixed a long time ago.
I put about 35 miles on it today with no brake noise at all and they actually feel like they work better than the old pads too. The old ones would squeal with light to moderate braking only and was quite annoying.

I really hope Ford is working on a TSB for the windows. My tint looks awful from all the scratches. My service writer couldn't believe how bad they looked especially since they couldn't find anything that should be scratching it. He lost a huge chunk of his rearend from the service dept mgr chewing on it for having the dealership re-tint my windows so I know he's looking out for me as a customer. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 10:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 2, 2006, 8:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I really hope Ford is working on a TSB for the windows. My tint looks awful from all the scratches. My service writer couldn't believe how bad they looked especially since they couldn't find anything that should be scratching it. He lost a huge chunk of his rearend from the service dept mgr chewing on it for having the dealership re-tint my windows so I know he's looking out for me as a customer. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Wow. You got them to retint your windows? Didn't you get them done at Altamere Tint? I did...and I was wondering how a 3rd party "mod" would fall into play over a defect from the car. I have 3 looong scratches on both the passenger and driver window and a bunch of little scratches, again on both windows, that result from the window drop from opening the doors.
Old 2/3/06, 04:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Our windows look the same. Scratch city. Alta Mere tints for Texas Motors so my Service guy had them send the bill to them. I'm not gonna have them re-tinted until a fix is found.
Old 2/8/06, 02:47 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't had any scratches that I've found on my side windows. I got the bronze tint at Alta Mere as well. Maybe bronze is more resistent to the scratching? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 3, 2006, 5:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Our windows look the same. Scratch city. Alta Mere tints for Texas Motors so my Service guy had them send the bill to them. I'm not gonna have them re-tinted until a fix is found.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/8/06, 03:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, that is a possibility but, I don't know how much of a difference it would make. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Where have you been hiding anyway? Some super top secret Lockheed UFO project? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/8/06, 03:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

No kidding. Your car not detectable by Tread's radar gun yet?
Old 2/8/06, 06:51 PM

Yeah, I got abducted by a UFO, but they didn't have any Mustangs, so I said, "I'm out of here!" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I know it's off Mustang topic, but have you guys seen the Ford Reflex Hybraid Concept at the Detroit Auto show? It's a Turbo Diesel Hybraid that get's 65 miles per gallon! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

No more having to worry about gas prices! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

I think it's cool! Here's a link to some pics, and Ford's press release......

Ford Reflex Concept Link

Ford Reflex Press Release

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 8, 2006, 4:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, that is a possibility but, I don't know how much of a difference it would make. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Where have you been hiding anyway? Some super top secret Lockheed UFO project? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/8/06, 07:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Haha, I guess those aliens aren't as smart as some people think they are!

The Reflex is kinda neat but, I've never been a real big fan of diesel cars. Doesn't diesel cost more than gasoline now?
Old 2/8/06, 08:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 8, 2006, 8:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The Reflex is kinda neat but, I've never been a real big fan of diesel cars. Doesn't diesel cost more than gasoline now?
[/b][/quote]
Yup..about $0.20 above Premium.

As far as the Reflex, its cool. That back seat is funky.
Old 2/9/06, 10:30 AM

Yeah, but it gets 65 miles per gallon! Plus, when you start out you have all wheel drive untill you get up to speed...... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Here's from Ford's press release...... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

Sporty and Green
Reflex features an advanced diesel-electric hybrid propulsion system that harnesses diesel, electric and solar power. This combination of power can deliver maximum fuel economy - up to 65 mpg - without compromising performance.

The concept features an electric motor on the rear axle in addition to the hybrid propulsion system on the front axle. The rear motor provides all-wheel-drive capability, improved driving dynamics and the fuel economy benefits of a full hybrid vehicle.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ February 8, 2006, 9:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yup..about $0.20 above Premium.

As far as the Reflex, its cool. That back seat is funky.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/9/06, 10:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's definitely cool and 65 mpg is nice. Ever since the last Innovation Drive when I drove the new V-8 Explorer, I've been trying to figure out a way to afford one. That thing was nice.
Old 2/10/06, 08:06 AM

What kind of gas mileage did the V8 Explorer get? Do you know? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

I don't think it was close to 65 miles per gallon! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Speaking of which, I've got to fill up today and gas prices are still high! Errr! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 9, 2006, 11:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's definitely cool and 65 mpg is nice. Ever since the last Innovation Drive when I drove the new V-8 Explorer, I've been trying to figure out a way to afford one. That thing was nice.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/10/06, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

EPA est is 14/20 which is close enough for gov't work! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] It's better than an M-1 tank which is what I really want. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/28.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 08:48 PM

Yeah, you and those tanks! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

I saw a show on the Discovery channel where these Marines were learning to drive M1's around. Looked like it might be fun! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

At least you wouldn't have to worry about anybody running into you! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 10, 2006, 3:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
EPA est is 14/20 which is close enough for gov't work! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] It's better than an M-1 tank which is what I really want. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/28.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/11/06, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

It's a whole bunch of fun and I probably wouldn't notice if someone did run into me. I've knocked a few tree's(not little one's either) down before and didn't know it until the tank commander told me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/13/06, 08:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 11, 2006, 3:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's a whole bunch of fun and I probably wouldn't notice if someone did run into me. I've knocked a few tree's(not little one's either) down before and didn't know it until the tank commander told me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Wish I had a M1 this morning...

Came to work and parked my car in our dirt expansion lot. As I pulled in, I noticed the parking block had a piece of rebar sticking out of it...I thought I'd stop before I went over it. Nope. Scrrraaaaaapeeee. Backed out...scccrrraaaaapeee.

Nothing visible from standing in front of the car, but get on your kneeds and look underneath, some scratched under the bumber, some twisted plastic, and I popped screw/bracket out, so now the bumper is loose there. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

I shoulda stopped sooner! I thought I had more room than I did. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Gotta find a way to resecure that now.
Old 2/13/06, 10:30 AM

Man, that's rough Ghost! Sorry about that.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

At least it doesn't sound like you really damaged it that bad.. You could have punched a hole in your radiator instead. In fact, you might want to make sure that you didn't before you drive home tonight. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

My pony has a small ding too. It looks like somebody pulled in too close in the front out in the parking lot and cracked my license plate frame, and put a small tear in the front bumper cover. Not that big of a deal, but still not what you want to see on a brand new car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ February 13, 2006, 9:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wish I had a M1 this morning...

Came to work and parked my car in our dirt expansion lot. As I pulled in, I noticed the parking block had a piece of rebar sticking out of it...I thought I'd stop before I went over it. Nope. Scrrraaaaaapeeee. Backed out...scccrrraaaaapeee.

Nothing visible from standing in front of the car, but get on your kneeds and look underneath, some scratched under the bumber, some twisted plastic, and I popped screw/bracket out, so now the bumper is loose there. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

I shoulda stopped sooner! I thought I had more room than I did. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Gotta find a way to resecure that now.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/13/06, 11:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Falchion @ February 13, 2006, 11:33 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Man, that's rough Ghost! Sorry about that.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

At least it doesn't sound like you really damaged it that bad.. You could have punched a hole in your radiator instead. In fact, you might want to make sure that you didn't before you drive home tonight. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

My pony has a small ding too. It looks like somebody pulled in too close in the front out in the parking lot and cracked my license plate frame, and put a small tear in the front bumper cover. Not that big of a deal, but still not what you want to see on a brand new car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Ya...I'll have to check to make sure nothing that would affect me driving hurt.

I already have a ding on my bumper (about size of dime). Someone tried to see how close they could get. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Fortunately, touch up paint makes it hardly noticable.
Old 2/13/06, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

That's a bummer man. I scraped the under side of my front end on some bricks in my garage a few months ago. I had my daughters old baby seat positioned to keep me from hitting them but, someone(I think it was my Mom) moved it. Long story short, I hit the bricks. I gotta get some touch up paint. I have a few long white streaks down there but, you can't see them unless you look. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew