Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/07, 03:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought I would get your attention with that pic! I never saw you guys reply so fast!

Too bad she was married huh? Hot chick with a Mustang! What more can you ask for ?

Hey Tread, do the local Police still enforce that rule from a couple of years ago about where your frame covers up the state on your license plate? In other words, do you still have to have those thin license plate frames? I think I still have that custom one I got a couple of years ago, but I'm sure I can use it?

Originally Posted by Treadhead
I ain't going nowhere with my A/C off! That second pic is very very nice! Did you take a pic of her car too?
Old 9/7/07, 06:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's still on the books if that's what you are asking. It's up to the individual Officer to decide if he/she wants to enforce it. Maybe you can put it up front and leave the back one alone. It all depends on the Officer.

I'm gonna have to start hanging out at the tint shop!
Old 9/7/07, 07:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

LOL @ Tread. I just think you need to pull over things like that.

An old adage I was once told, "Married only means one thing...it means they won't tell."

Oh, and here's my MPG tracker.
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Mustang-MPG.xls (35.5 KB, 121 views)
Old 9/7/07, 09:01 PM

You guys are too funny!

I think you're right about hanging out at the tint shop! Or maybe hooters?

OK, now what about the front plate thing. Mine doesn't even have any front plate mount holes. Could I get pulled over for that?

It's still on the books if that's what you are asking. It's up to the individual Officer to decide if he/she wants to enforce it. Maybe you can put it up front and leave the back one alone. It all depends on the Officer.

I'm gonna have to start hanging out at the tint shop!
Old 9/7/07, 09:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

There's not any front plate holes in the bumper, but if you look, there's two indentions for places to be drilled out for a front plate. I ain't drilling my bumper to make my car look like Bugs Bunny. Yes, it is Texas law to have a front plate. I have yet to be pulled over for a front plate and most people will attest to that happening as well.

You can be fined for it. Its up to the officer to ticket you. I was given a warning for no front plate when I got pulled over for speeding. And that's what I hear happens most often. If the cop is having a bad day, he may write you up for it. I believe is a $75 fine or so. Oh, and a cop could use it as probable cause to pull you over if you're not doing anything else.
Old 9/7/07, 09:55 PM

I didn't see any indentions on my bumper, but then I was in a hurry. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

I don't really have a problem with a front bumper plate. Plus, I don't want to give anybody a reason to pull me over. You know how those cops are!

Right Tread?

Originally Posted by GhostTX
There's not any front plate holes in the bumper, but if you look, there's two indentions for places to be drilled out for a front plate. I ain't drilling my bumper to make my car look like Bugs Bunny. Yes, it is Texas law to have a front plate. I have yet to be pulled over for a front plate and most people will attest to that happening as well.

You can be fined for it. Its up to the officer to ticket you. I was given a warning for no front plate when I got pulled over for speeding. And that's what I hear happens most often. If the cop is having a bad day, he may write you up for it. I believe is a $75 fine or so. Oh, and a cop could use it as probable cause to pull you over if you're not doing anything else.
Old 9/7/07, 10:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Falchion
You know how those cops are!

Right Tread?
I can only wish to be pulled over by a LEO like Tread.
Old 9/8/07, 09:03 AM

Leo, like the lion? They're not nice are they?

I can only wish to be pulled over by a LEO like Tread.
Old 9/8/07, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Law Enforcement Officer...
Old 9/8/07, 01:14 PM

Oh!

My second guess was Low Earth Orbit....

Just got back from having lunch with some of the boys at work, I drove of course since I have the new car. They liked it, and we managed to get three people in it, but it was a squeeze......

Then I took it on the North side of Eagle Mountain Lake, over to Saginaw. When I was coming back the 50 mile warning went off, but the message center said that only 10.9 gallons had been used which didn't add up.

But, I deceided to fill up anyways since it better to be safe then sorry. I was able to put about 12.5 gallons in it so the gallons used was a little off? Not quite sure what to make of that?

I reset all the settings on the message center so that I could see what kind of mileage I get on the daily drive to work and back as compared to the V6. It'll be interesting to compare the two.

When do we get out of "Summer blend" gas and into "Winter blend"? Do you guys know?

I just got my billet grill in. I'm not sure I like how far back it sits, but I can always change that. Here's a couple of early pics. I'll take some more tommorrow.

But whle I was working on that, the FedEx guy showed up with my new clamps. See the pic. Now, that's what I'm talking about! Thata ought to work huh?

OK, the Flowmasters are in! What a sound!

Here's some other pics of the new Billet grill, what do you guys think?

That's most of the mods for now. Tomorrow back to work!

Law Enforcement Officer...
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-08-pony22.jpg   Fort Worth crew-08-pony28.jpg   Fort Worth crew-08-pony26.jpg   Fort Worth crew-08-pony29.jpg  
Old 9/9/07, 03:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

The only time I have ever purposely checked for a front plate is when the driver of said vehicle asked me to check (aka: is an a-hole).

The flows sound good? I've been thinking about getting some. The grill looks good.

Ghost loves me!
Old 9/9/07, 03:55 PM

Yeah, they sound good. There's as much noise with them at 3000 RPM's as the stock ones at 4000. I guess it might make me slow down a little since it already sounds like I'm going fast. Here's a pic from the back!

If you get the flows, get two of those big lap clamps like I got. It will make the install go a lot easier. They're $14 a piece, plus $10 for shipping at summit racing, but they're worth it!

Speaking of LEO's. I went North on Boat Club Road up near Eagle Mountain Lake to test out my Flow's and in the ten minutes I was on the road, I saw two LEO's. I've never seen them before up there. They didn't pull me over or anything, I was just kind of surprized.....

Thanks about the grill. So, you think I should just leave the front plate off? I couldn't find any inserts under the front bumper cover. I looked pretty carefully.....

PS, changed my sig to show all my mods installed so far. What do you guys think?

The only time I have ever purposely checked for a front plate is when the driver of said vehicle asked me to check (aka: is an a-hole).

The flows sound good? I've been thinking about getting some. The grill looks good.

Ghost loves me!
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-08-pony30.jpg  
Old 9/11/07, 08:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Flows look good! Another one of those "I'd like to have" mods.

I would go without the front plate (gee, I have ). I've owned the car... 2.5 years now and hadn't an issue with it sans the pull over at 118mph.
Old 9/11/07, 03:22 PM

118 MPH huh? Wow!

I talked to my Sales guy yesterday and I guess they don't put those inserts in the bumper any more. I would have to drill some holes in the bumper itself.

I don't think I want to do that. I could make a big "oops" and it would be there for everybody to see forever.

Flows look good! Another one of those "I'd like to have" mods.

I would go without the front plate (gee, I have ). I've owned the car... 2.5 years now and hadn't an issue with it sans the pull over at 118mph.
Old 9/12/07, 07:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

For the GTs, there's never been any inserts. Its always been drill it out.

Oh, and as "cool" as the 118mph was, the ticket was $300. Why do you think I want a detector before a CAI?
Old 9/12/07, 11:47 AM

Really? Did you get yours drilled at the Dealership?

I noticed you got a Turbo seat though.........

For the GTs, there's never been any inserts. Its always been drill it out.

Oh, and as "cool" as the 118mph was, the ticket was $300. Why do you think I want a detector before a CAI?
Old 9/12/07, 12:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Drilled out? Heck no! I told Reid if there was a front plate on my car or holes, he'd either put on a new bumper or I wouldn't get the car.
Old 9/12/07, 01:03 PM

Oh, OK I get it........

Drilled out? Heck no! I told Reid if there was a front plate on my car or holes, he'd either put on a new bumper or I wouldn't get the car.
Old 9/14/07, 12:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Nice pic! Flows are on a long list of stuff with no money to buy them! The front plate is your decision. I'm not gonna say one way or the other since I can't know what another Officer will do. As you can see, Ghost has went a long time without it and not been hassled so it's up to you. My dealer was concerned enough for my wallet to put the front plate on for me.

The Turbo seats are cool! I have two of them.
Old 9/14/07, 12:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Now for more True Stories of the Fort Worth Police!

I got in a small car chase Monday night. It ended after about 30 seconds with the stolen car wrecking and rolling over. As I approached the car the driver pointed a gun at me.
Fortunately for the driver, a series of events led to him not getting DRT (Dead Right There). When I bailed out of my car I grabbed for my flashlight but, missed it so I had no light. I looked at the driver side of the car to see what he was doing and all I could see was his feet sticking out of the window and something that looked like it might be the barrel of a gun next to his feet. The strobe effect of my overhead lights made it impossible for me to see for sure what it was so I ran to the passenger side of the stolen vehicle, drew my weapon and began giving verbal commands to show me some hands before I start shooting (I still couldn't see anything). Well, the passenger starts screaming "Don't shoot me, don't shoot me I'm not the one with the gun!" and bails out the window right next to me which of course diverts my attention to him long enough for the idiot with the gun to jump out and run away. I gave a description and last known direction of the runner and that he has a gun. My assist Officers caught him about a block or so North of us. The DUMB A** still had the gun in his hand. How stupid do you have be to keep the gun?
He was charged with Agg Assault Peace Officer, Evading in a Vehicle, Felon in Possession of a Gun, Poss of Marijuana and Theft $1500-$20,000 since the car was stolen.

It all started when he pulled right out in front of me at Berry/S Riverside and I almost hit him. I turned on the lights and the chase was on! He almost crashed twice and then drove off the road into a field. What he didn't know was that there is a drop off of about 4-5ft and hit it about 40-50 mph and went tumbling. I was hoping it would throw him out and roll over him but, it didn't (Dang it!). That's when I came sliding up in the mud and all the other fun above started. I drove down the incline which was steeper than I thought and about crapped my pants.

All is good though. The passenger , who was very ****ed at his friend who tried to get him killed, gave a statement confirming the other guy pointed the gun (Tec-9) at me. He also would not stop thanking me for not shooting them. The actor was leaning over on him when he pointed the gun at me so if I shot I would have shot both of them which is why he jumped out of the window next to me.

I'm trying to get a copy of the tape since it has the chase, the wreck and the idiot running across the front of my car with gun in his hand.

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew