Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/07, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My computer is not working so I am at a friends on their computer, Paul just give me a call when the next meeting and tech sessions is.
Old 2/9/07, 03:17 PM

Ok guys I hate to do this but I have no choice. I simply cannot make it on Saturday. I have to work (of course) and my backup has plans in OKC that cannot be broken. So in short I was wondering if we could postpone or move to Monday night as discussed? I hate to put anyone out and I completely understand if it's not possible for everyone. Just let me know. Unfortunately I have to make a living to pay for all the car stuff. Right now is a really busy time for us with tax returns and such and I just can't get a moments peace.
Old 2/9/07, 03:18 PM

Coincidentally Jeff did you find someone to install those gears you have on order? If so how much $$$ ?
Old 2/9/07, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by DavidM
Ok guys I hate to do this but I have no choice. I simply cannot make it on Saturday. I have to work (of course) and my backup has plans in OKC that cannot be broken. So in short I was wondering if we could postpone or move to Monday night as discussed? I hate to put anyone out and I completely understand if it's not possible for everyone. Just let me know. Unfortunately I have to make a living to pay for all the car stuff. Right now is a really busy time for us with tax returns and such and I just can't get a moments peace.
Unfortunately, I just spoke with Randy and he has a guy coming in to cook us food for lunch tomorrow. After this meeting we can definitely move it to Monday nights. I just hate switching it when BHF has already hired a cater for lunch.
Old 2/9/07, 03:27 PM

Coincidentally Jeff did you find someone to install those gears you have on order? If so how much $$$ ?
I am still looking. I was going to ask at BHF tomorrow to see if they had anyone that has done it before and if they wanted to make some money. I won't pay more than 200-250 since that is what seems to be the cost pretty much nationwide.
Old 2/9/07, 03:29 PM

Ordered the Denny's driveshaft last night. Also got a safety loop. Should be here in a week or two. I can't wait to see what the difference is. I may go ahead and dyno the car with just the UDPs then dyno it again with the driveshaft and then a third time with the CMCV delete plates just so I can get a good idea of the gains.
Old 2/9/07, 06:38 PM

Man lunch as well now I really feel like sh%t.
Old 2/9/07, 06:39 PM

Bob I thought that you had been taken over by the bling people or somthing. Glad to hear it's just a computer issue.
Old 2/9/07, 06:41 PM

Well Paul it looks as if you and I have some catching up to do in the mods area. It seems as though Jeff has won the lottery and didn't let us know. Or he's going into debt up to his eyeballs. I suspect that he is going all out in an effort to be the fastest of the bunch. By the sounds of the mods on the way I believe he will achieve his goal.
Old 2/9/07, 06:44 PM

Jeff the driveshaft should make a big improvement in 1/4 mile time less reciprocating weight means faster revs and more HP.
About these CMCV delete plates what exactly do these do? I assume they go between the manifold and the head.
Old 2/9/07, 06:56 PM

Jeff the driveshaft should make a big improvement in 1/4 mile time less reciprocating weight means faster revs and more HP.
About these CMCV delete plates what exactly do these do? I assume they go between the manifold and the head.
No, I didn't win the lottery. It's tax time remember? My thoughts are to get the car as ready as possible for Mid America. I want to have enough time to practice before that time.

Do a search on the CMCV deletes. Basically, in the intake manifold there are butterfly like plates that were installed by Ford as an emissions thing. They restrict airflow. Think of it as a butterfly on a carbeurator as far as looks. Take them out more air equals more hp, or so the thought goes. Brenspeed says you lose some low end power but make it up in the upper rpm range. Others swear they have seen gains throught the rpm range. These delete plates go in the Ford racing cars. If you put in a supercharger you have to take the butterflies out. Most people claim a 8-10 hp gain. Not bad for a $90 mod.

Last mod will be an offroad h-pipe. I was going to wait for the cat eliminators being made by Ninosport but I may go ahead and order the Pypes offroad h-pipe from Brenspeed or Tillman racing. After that, all the NA mods are done. I will buy a set of drag radials in May, actually I am going to ask for them for my birthday. I can't think of anything else to add as far as power adders are concerned.
Old 2/9/07, 06:57 PM

I could do suspension, but I want an all around car not a drag or autocross car.
Old 2/9/07, 08:05 PM

Damm Jeff! I knew you were gunning for me. But I thought you were only using an M16. Looks like you traded up to a M1 Abrams...

Hey. I could of swore I got Bob cell number last time I saw him... But I can't find it! Does anyone have it? If so, call me.
Old 2/9/07, 08:07 PM

BTW- David. That suck man. But you're right... You're gonna need to work just to keep up with Jeff.
Old 2/9/07, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2006GT
BTW- David. That suck man. But you're right... You're gonna need to work just to keep up with Jeff.
Haha...funny ****er aren't you?
Old 2/10/07, 05:21 PM

Well guys how was the meeting? I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

I did however go help Bob with his C&L Racer install on my lunch hour.

Any word on the $$ of gear install? I heard you guys were talking to a mechanic over at BHF.
Old 2/11/07, 07:14 AM

Hey David.

The meeting went well. A couple of item in the "Hot Box" right now.

1) Mark this date.... On March 10th we will be holding a Membership drive at BHF. Randy will contact all the people that have purchased a new stang recently and we will also do some other promos. Since we'll need the t-shirts and stuff for this date, I'm going to get Randy the design etc. This is the club's #1 priority right now. We need members...

2) BHF is in-line to be the one (and only) sponsor for the Mid-America show. Which of course means BHF and the club will have a big presence in the show. More info on this is forthcoming.

3) Bob (aka S.O.B.) is getting out of hand. He has truely taken his titlte to heart.

4) I need to keep in mind that gauge installs while not hard, are a pain in the *** from a wiring perspective.
Old 2/11/07, 09:57 AM

Check your email.... Flyer and shirt design have been sent to Randy...
Old 2/12/07, 06:53 AM

Paul, I am going to order some springs this week so If you have somthing to compress the front for installation I may need your help with the install. However it looks as if you just remove the strut and there is a cap on top under the strut tower that screws down and compresses the spring? Well you tell me all knowing one .....?????? Anyhow I should be getting the springs and a new shifter. Then I have decided to get lemans stripes then pullies and then some window scoops. In that order.
Old 2/12/07, 06:54 AM

After going over to bobs house and seeing the SOB and all of his namesake I got to looking at my rather boring looking ride and decided that I better do a couple of appearance mods.

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa