2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 05:29 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine+May 2, 2005, 2:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ May 2, 2005, 2:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kevinv-6@May 2, 2005, 2:53 PM
ok speaking of seat swap outs. Would it be wrong/rice/improper for me to take out my mustangmustangmustang cloth seats and replace them with the GT running ponies cloth??
Oh absolutely!
That would be making your six something she isn't
[/b][/quote]

You are incorrect in this statement. Running ponies are synonymous with Mustangs, V6 and GT.

I understand that this whole thing hits close to home for you April. however, I dont think that you are helping the situation with comments like these.

I dont know why this is such a hard concept to get. Try thinking of it this way: I am planning on putting the 3D carbon kit on my car. In doing so, I am making it look sorta like the Boy Racer. However, I am not going to CLONE it, and then put markings on it to make it seem as it is the Boy Racer.

Yes, you get grief for your snakes. You say you pu them on backwards so as not to imply that your car is a Cobra, but I remember reading that your father put them on for you. Either way, in the past 40 years of Mustangs, the snake on that part of the car was reserved for Cobras. Thats misbadging.

Putting fogs, painting rocker panels, changing wheels, etc is not close to badging. The only reason to put GT badges on a V6 is simply to imply that the vehicle is a GT, which in fact is incorrect.

Put whatever seats you want, put whatever else you want. Heck, put Shelby all over the thing... dont be surprised when people look and say that its silly.

Again, please note: I am NOT bashing anyone.. just stating my opinion in a clear manner. I have said in the past, I think a lot of the options should be available on both models. I dont think my GT is better, per se, I do know that its faster, less economical, and for some uglier than the V6.
Old 5/2/05, 05:46 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Thank you for clarifying. Noted-and appreciated.

An important aside: I have zero hate for the Gt. I think they are lovely creatures.. So you won't see me talking bad about them.

Its not my snakes in particular(and yes I made him put them on backwards) that irk me, I accept the fact that not everyone is going to love my snakes, and have moved on long ago. Its the general V6 is unworthy attitude running rampant around here that absolutely lights me up.
I think the whole thing I got pissed off about in the first place is the eternal implication that the v6 is an inferior car(not even mine in particular, I love her you don't gotta). Everytime this pointless thread is begun, I defend the sixes and the same thing happens everytime.

And yes I got a little heated about it, and yes as usual I do things to the extreme.
Old 5/2/05, 05:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Old 5/2/05, 05:48 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

since you closed my topic...it's amazing Jessica how you are so quick to judge...what's the difference between Shelby stripes on a GT or a V6...they are not Shelby's....get over it...I'm not bashing anyone...I just agree that we should be proud of the cars we drive and not make them out to what they aren't...isn't that what this whole 8 page rant is all about...and then you go and shut down my topic which addresses the same issue that's been going on here for 8 pages...all except I turned the tables and put it on the phony Shelby wannabes...maybe too close to home for you...so much for your objectivity....
Old 5/2/05, 06:05 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Rex, I dont see how it is too close to home for me, I dont have Stripes.

Second, this thread was started because the poster was talking about Fake GTs.

Yes, I closed the thread, because it was started to simply start an argument.

Stripes are not specifically for one model. I see those stripes on everything from Scions to trucks. The Mustang GT badge is simply for the Mustang GT. Why is that so hard to get?

April, there are a few people who believe the GT is superior, however that is NOT the general sentiment here. I wholeheartedly disagree that most "here" bash V6s, or talk trash about them. It is defintely not "rampant".

There was no reason to defend the sixes. There was no one BASHING the six to need defending. He was making a statement about a guy who was misbadging his car. It could have been a GT with snakes, heck, it could have been a Civic with an Infiniti badge. NO ONE said the Sixes are lowly, or inferior, THEY SAID, putting a GT badge on a V6 is "wrong", "Stupid", "silly".

I am VERY quick to read stuff around here. If there WAS V6 bashing going on, this thread WOULD have been closed. There isnt, there is heated discourse about the differing of opnions on misbadging a vehicle.
Old 5/2/05, 06:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I havn't really seen any V6 bashing here, and I think many V6 owners have their guard up because in the past, there has been the person here or there that does bash the V6.
Old 5/2/05, 06:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Talking

See nothing wrong with changing emblems. It's all up to the owner! I used to do this in the 60's just to get these guys! I'd put a 6 emblem on car and let them brag, when I start up they find out I've got a big block! A badge is nothing. V6 owners should be proud, I being a GT owner don't see any difference. A Mustang is a Mustang. People must realize, there is always someone faster and better then you! Looks can be deceiveing, and it happens very often!
Happy Trails!!!
Old 5/2/05, 06:55 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by yur1279@May 2, 2005, 6:11 PM
I havn't really seen any V6 bashing here, and I think many V6 owners have their guard up because in the past, there has been the person here or there that does bash the V6.
Amen..
Old 5/2/05, 07:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 2, 2005, 6:08 PM
Rex, I dont see how it is too close to home for me, I dont have Stripes.

Second, this thread was started because the poster was talking about Fake GTs.

Yes, I closed the thread, because it was started to simply start an argument.

Stripes are not specifically for one model. I see those stripes on everything from Scions to trucks. The Mustang GT badge is simply for the Mustang GT. Why is that so hard to get?

April, there are a few people who believe the GT is superior, however that is NOT the general sentiment here. I wholeheartedly disagree that most "here" bash V6s, or talk trash about them. It is defintely not "rampant".

There was no reason to defend the sixes. There was no one BASHING the six to need defending. He was making a statement about a guy who was misbadging his car. It could have been a GT with snakes, heck, it could have been a Civic with an Infiniti badge. NO ONE said the Sixes are lowly, or inferior, THEY SAID, putting a GT badge on a V6 is "wrong", "Stupid", "silly".

I am VERY quick to read stuff around here. If there WAS V6 bashing going on, this thread WOULD have been closed. There isnt, there is heated discourse about the differing of opnions on misbadging a vehicle.
Also, don't forget Ford put stripes on its tungsten Mustang GT showcar. Clearly Ford doesn't think they are only for Cobras.
Old 5/2/05, 07:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by StangFan+May 2, 2005, 4:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangFan @ May 2, 2005, 4:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wildstanglx90@May 2, 2005, 2:54 PM
Will an administrator please close this ridiculous thread??
this is what i dont understand...theres no personal insults, no attacks against v6 owners nothing like that...its a group of people with different opinions on a complex issue arguing their views.

are you that uncomfortable with seeing people respectfully argue that you need a mod to close this? if so maybe you should just quit reading the topic instead of complaining.
[/b][/quote]

I see your point. And maybe there are no attacks on V6 owners, but there ARE indirect attacks, such as:

"I do think someone would spend the couple hundred to buy GT badges, grille, and aftermarket exhaust though. I just don't understand why. Is it good to be a "wannabe"?"
"Are you kidding me? You weren't rude enough with the moron. I have no problem with people modifying V6's, but the moment you put GT badging, and stripes with GT written on them on a V6, you deserve to be dealt with in the harshest terms"
"If it ruined his day, GOOD! If you want to put fake GT badging on a car that IS NOT a GT, you deserve what you get. Oh let's all worry about how the idiot "feels" when he's representing his car as something it's not"

And that's just on page 1. Come on now....'wannabe', 'moron', 'idiot', you're telling me these aren't attacks? Could've fooled me.

And no, i'm not uncomfortable at all with this thread. I mean, heck, I have a frickin' 4cyl mustang, so you can imagine the crap I put up with from people telling me I 'need' a 5.0. But I don't 'need' a 5.0, I wanted the 2.3l so I got it, and I modded it to 'my' liking and my affordability. I do not, however, represent it as anything but an LX! Therefore, I do agree on 1 thing... I wouldn't, nor have I, put a 5.0 or the word saleen across my windshield etc., I have 'LX' logos on it 'cuz that's what it is.
Old 5/2/05, 07:46 PM
GT Member

the only attacks were on the "wannabe" "idiot" "moron" who is not a member of this website.

glad to hear youre happy with your stang, thats whats most important.
Old 5/2/05, 08:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@May 2, 2005, 11:53 AM
Everyone has a preference. As far as I'm concerned, if Im paying for the car, who cares what other's think?

We are here because we all love MUSTANGS, they are like horses: each have their own look, and 'personality traits'. So what if we pick certain things from V6 or GT to put on our own car. Its a look. Its what the driver likes.

big deal! :bang:

You got it 110% correct!!!

Matt
Old 5/2/05, 08:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by StangFan@May 2, 2005, 7:49 PM
glad to hear youre happy with your stang, thats whats most important.
Old 5/2/05, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

You guys seem to love this bashing so here is some more conversation for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4545963392&rd=1
Old 5/2/05, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

That one is not bad, I like the louvers !!

Matt
Old 5/2/05, 11:14 PM

I own a V6 and does it really matter he put a GT emblem on his car? The first thing if i bought a GT would of been to take the emblems off cus i like the smooth look of no emblems does that make me a moron? Just because that guy likes that does that make him a idot? Ford relased this car with remakes of the shelby wheels on a V6 does that make Ford idiots? Basically that is what your saying. I got a set of 18 inch cobra r wheels on my car with pony center caps so i guss im a idiot right? Owell could care less what you think i like my car. Mine may be a V6 i plan on puting a cobra grill in it when i can get ahold of one just because it looks sweet. Anyways i couldnt see spending that much on the GT when i just plan on trading the car in when the cobra comes out.
Old 5/2/05, 11:48 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*hic* wazzzzzup *hic*, you gots 18inch cobra rims with spinners. What am I, an idiot? You bought a car just to trade it in when the cobra comes out, dude, too much money in your pocket. Buy me a drink. and anyone that has a problem with my car, let's step outside so I can kick my hiney *hic*. Dang, out of sambuca.

Ya, this is still a very humorous thread.
Old 5/3/05, 12:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think some of you missed the point of why I described the car in detail: I didn't have my camera.

There's a lot of people that want a shot at racing a new GT. Why would you claim your car is faster than it really is? Unless they did some major mods to the car, they would be cheating themself.

If the person bought GT badges for bragging rights, they kind of deserved to be called out. That goes back to the kit car comment. I saw a Ferrari Testarossa kit for a Pontiac Fiero. Wouldn't you feel kind of silly if you told everyone you were driving an Italian supercar and they found out the truth?

----

I can't believe this topic got this long, I was just hoping to get a couple replies... About the car, not my note. Thanks for the novel.
Old 5/3/05, 12:13 AM

I didnt put the spiners on there they are just like the cobra center caps but with ponys insteed. Sure man drinks on me. 18 inch bullit wheels that came on the cobras.
Old 5/3/05, 05:24 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just woke up. I don't know if it is this thread or the buca but I have a serious headache.