2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/05, 05:30 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Enfynet@May 3, 2005, 12:03 AM
I think some of you missed the point of why I described the car in detail: I didn't have my camera.

There's a lot of people that want a shot at racing a new GT. Why would you claim your car is faster than it really is? Unless they did some major mods to the car, they would be cheating themself.

If the person bought GT badges for bragging rights, they kind of deserved to be called out. That goes back to the kit car comment. I saw a Ferrari Testarossa kit for a Pontiac Fiero. Wouldn't you feel kind of silly if you told everyone you were driving an Italian supercar and they found out the truth?

----

I can't believe this topic got this long, I was just hoping to get a couple replies... About the car, not my note. Thanks for the novel.
Ok then let's play nice and funny then. Unless you do something under the hood...Don't pretend. Like I don't pretend I have a cobra(and give lots of people ha has when I don't race em, and would also NEVER pose her as one) The other day a 94-99 v6 vert pulled up next to me...I was like OK I will play a little...That frigger took off like a shot, as I was just pulling off from the light. IT had goodies under the hood. They got a thrill, I got left back.
Actually, I am quite proud of what I have, I know I Can't get in a exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product match with a bigger car, and am fine with it. I wouldn't stick on GT badging or pretend I am not riding around in a six, but I am also not going to begrudge anyone else for doing so. I will pretty her up though with a flat black hood and spoiler and rear louvers and pony centercaps,and pony decals, and valve caps, and a 2006 pony package grill, cause I like it. that is Personalization......and its just fine.
I have seen Gts who are posing as cobras too..........One took best in class in our Big show a few weeks ago. Same engine- lots of pretty clothes(vents,side scoops,snake hood etc). But whatever right?
Old 5/3/05, 06:51 AM
GT Member

Every time I read something new in this discussion, I remember that joke from Caddyshack: "Is this Russia? No, this isn't Russia."

This is America! Within the limits of the law, and despite the best efforts of the "Pony Police" to shame, ridicule or otherwise influence decisions, people can do whatever they want to their Mustangs.

A Mustang is a canvas whose future is determined by the will, skill, imagination and financial resources of its owner.

On the other hand, if the demand exists, maybe Ford can create a Centralized Mustang Modification Council that will be responsible for approving all proposed modifications for any Mustang. There might be a lot of paperwork involved and it would take a while to get approvals, but at least there would be a strict guideline which everyone would have to adhere to!
Old 5/3/05, 06:52 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just realized something or at least a comparison. Putting GT badges on a V6 is sort of like breast implants. Sure, from a distance they look great but up close you realize they are fake. Regardless, the owner is very proud to show them off. Some owners will claim they are real while others will tell you right off the bat that they are fake. So, breast implants are sort of like car mods. Some look good and some make you wonder why.
Old 5/3/05, 06:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I wonder what he's got under the hood?
Old 5/3/05, 08:32 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 3, 2005, 6:55 AM
I just realized something or at least a comparison. Putting GT badges on a V6 is sort of like breast implants. Sure, from a distance they look great but up close you realize they are fake. Regardless, the owner is very proud to show them off. Some owners will claim they are real while others will tell you right off the bat that they are fake. So, breast implants are sort of like car mods. Some look good and some make you wonder why.
Old 5/3/05, 09:31 AM
Retired Tms Staff

I tell ya, mixing meds and sambuca gives a person an entire new perspective on things
Old 5/3/05, 10:35 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

No, John, its more like male enlargement. Because it is completely for ego, and to enhance shortcomings of the man.
Old 5/3/05, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

you guys are really missing the boat here, if I was going to build a sleeper just to mess with people I would have bought a GT and then made it look like a V6.

Stop thinking that it is just a one way street where V6'rs are trying to build their car to look like a GT.

It is quite possible to do and I am sure would get you some cash on the street to take a GT and take it one or two steps back to look like a V6 while still retaining the GT performance.....

But alas no one here seems to have an open mind that INDEED THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE RIGHT NOW DOING THIS VERY SAME THING TO THEIR GT's.....

Oh well, someday you might understand.
Old 5/3/05, 10:47 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Robert, I dont see where anyone said people werent making sleepers out of GTs. I am very familiar with the sleeper concept, a friend had the #1 sleeper GSX in the state.

If he wanted to make it a sleeper, there would be NO badging on the vehicle, as opposed to putting GT badges on it. Thats the point of a sleeper... Putting GT badges on it defeats that purpose.
Old 5/3/05, 10:53 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 3, 2005, 10:38 AM
No, John, its more like male enlargement. Because it is completely for ego, and to enhance shortcomings of the man.
I never said there was anything wrong with them did I? BTW, I love your new avatar.
Old 5/3/05, 10:55 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Thank you John... Courtesy of Blip.. you can see the full version of it in the AutoArt forum.
Old 5/3/05, 01:13 PM
GT Member

Jessica,

I guess I'm one of the only one's here who agrees with you about badging.
Mod all you want, do what you like, but when you misbadge a vehicle it is a lie. Lies don't bother some folks, but some others just hate them.
So this thread is really about basic morality! Either you are moral, and don't misbadge, or you have no morals, and see nothing wrong with misbadgeing.
Old 5/3/05, 01:22 PM
GT Member

You're not the only 2. You can smell the relative morality, and the "whatever feels good, do it" in the arguments of the morons who don't realize that a fight against misbadging a V6 as a Gt isn't an attack on V6s in general. You'll get the typical liberal responses "oh, all they could afford was a V6, so maybe we should feel sorry for them and accept them as they mark their V6 as a GT" or you'll get the "why are you picking on them, all they're doing is changing the appearance of their car" when they don't realize that changing the badging to make your car appear as model that IS produced when it's not is a LIE. This is what 50 years of liberalism and relative morality does, produce a culture of morons who thinks that anything that feels good or makes them feel good about themselves is ok irregardless of whether or not it's TRUE. A V6 IS NOT A GT. All you whining snivvly little apologists for fake badging can either realize that or not, either way it's an argument you won't win, because it'll never be a GT. You wonder why you have a generation of American Idiots. Could it be because we're telling ourselves that regardless of what we are, or what we really have, we should all feel good about ourselves. "Oh I only have a high school diploma, I'll tell everybody I have a Masters degree though because I couldn't afford to go to college, that makes it ok, even though I still didn't go." The problem is, those kids in India who take advanced calculus in high school actually have a REAL education, not a feel good one, and they're taking your jobs Soon, it'll be really hard to feel good about your inadequecies, for now liberalism can help you revel in it. Heh the American Idiots produced by the Greatest Generation, there's a conundrum.

Originally posted by Conundrum@May 3, 2005, 1:16 PM
Jessica,

Mod all you want, do what you like, but when you misbadge a vehicle it is a lie. Lies don't bother some folks, but some others just hate them.
So this thread is really about basic morality! Either you are moral, and don't misbadge, or you have no morals, and see nothing wrong with misbadgeing.
Old 5/3/05, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by futurestang+May 3, 2005, 1:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(futurestang @ May 3, 2005, 1:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You're not the only 2. You can smell the relative morality, and the "whatever feels good, do it" in the arguments of the morons who don't realize that a fight against misbadging a V6 as a Gt isn't an attack on V6s in general. You'll get the typical liberal responses "oh, all they could afford was a V6, so maybe we should feel sorry for them and accept them as they mark their V6 as a GT" or you'll get the "why are you picking on them, all they're doing is changing the appearance of their car" when they don't realize that changing the badging to make your car appear as model that IS produced when it's not is a LIE. This is what 50 years of liberalism and relative morality does, produce a culture of morons who thinks that anything that feels good or makes them feel good about themselves is ok irregardless of whether or not it's TRUE or not. A V6 IS NOT A GT. All you whining snivvly little apologists for fake badging can either realize that or not, either way it's an argument you won't win, because it'll never be a GT. You wonder why you have a generation of American Idiots. Could it be because we're telling ourselves that regardless of what we are, or what we really have, we should all feel good about ourselves. "Oh I only have a high school diploma, I'll tell everybody I have a Masters degree though because I couldn't afford to go to college, that makes it ok, even though I still didn't go." The problem is, those kids in India who take advanced calculus in high school actually have a REAL education, not a feel good one, and they're taking your jobs Soon, it'll be really hard to feel good about your inadequecies, for now liberalism can help you revel in it. Heh the American Idiots produced by the Greatest Generation, there's a conundrum.

<!--QuoteBegin-Conundrum
@May 3, 2005, 1:16 PM
Jessica,

[/b][/quote]

Wow...I never dreamed there would be a diatribe on moral relativism on this site. I mean, I agree with you completely, but wow.
Old 5/3/05, 01:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Please stop listening to Green Day. Thanks.
Old 5/3/05, 01:46 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Chris, that was pretty deep. I like the high school diploma analogy.
Old 5/3/05, 02:37 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 3, 2005, 9:38 AM
And that's different from breast implants how? :scratch:

completely for ego, and to enhance the "perceived" shortcomings of the woman!
Old 5/3/05, 02:39 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Actually, Tony you are totally offbase when it comes to implants, and frankly its not worth my time trying to explain it to you.

If a man LOST his unit and used enhancement pills, I would agree...
Old 5/3/05, 02:43 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

:scratch:
Pardon me for being the devil yet again... Of course I Do so best, so WTF right..
If a man "lost" his unit, how exactly would he use an enhancement pill? Afterall- its no longer there to be enhanced- no?

But of course if a woman wants bigger hooters, they are only a plastic surgery visit away..
Old 5/3/05, 02:47 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Back to topic.

This is not the place, nor the time to discuss female enhancements. Especially with people who have zero personal experience with it.