2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/05, 08:10 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mizanin+May 4, 2005, 8:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mizanin @ May 4, 2005, 8:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Danalor@May 4, 2005, 9:03 AM
Does anyone else here see how ridiculous this thread really is? I rather be reading about the moral and social impact fake boobies has on our society.
really ridiculous now that April's posting cartoon pics of old women with cups under their shirts
[/b][/quote]

Who me? 0:-)

I do agree tho- this is one of the top ten nustoiest threads in the history of TMS.
Old 5/4/05, 08:11 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bsmith13@May 4, 2005, 7:41 AM
Why would a person do this to a V6 and not just buy a GT?

Two words: INSURANCE PREMIUMS

We live in the age of "Have it your way." If somebody wants to tart up a V6 to make it a nicer car, or even just make it more to their taste, and they happen to save a couple of buck on insurance per month, what's the big deal?
Insurance difference between the V6 and GT for me is only $100.00/year.
Old 5/4/05, 08:13 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 4, 2005, 7:33 AM
Ahhhh the hips.......
Oh no, not those hips
Old 5/4/05, 08:13 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I didn't buy a v6 for the insurance......I am getting bent over a pole at $110 a month . :notnice:
Old 5/4/05, 08:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by kevinv-6+May 1, 2005, 3:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinv-6 @ May 1, 2005, 3:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-futurestang@May 1, 2005, 4:38 PM
Are you kidding me? You weren't rude enough with the moron. I have no problem with people modifying V6's, but the moment you put GT badging, and stripes with GT written on them on a V6, you deserve to be dealt with in the harshest terms. It's NOT a GT period, and it shouldn't have GT on it. Seeing stripes and fogs on a V6 just makes me laugh, because it doesn't have the horsepower to make those things appropriate and I laugh at the owner's expense, but when I see fake GT badging, a line has been crossed. Oh and the analogy to the Mustang's factory installed GT badging is just RIDICULOUS. The mustang GT IS a GT. GT is part of that specific model's type. A V6 is NEVER a GT.

So you laugh at my V-6?!? :nono: I have said it before and it is worth repeating now what my car lacks in speed makes up for in appearance!
Not enough horse power to make the stripes appropiate?
[/b][/quote]
I for one Like the look of Kevin's car it gives it more with the stripes be it a V6 or a GT I do not view this car to be a wanna be nothing but a Mustang !
Old 5/4/05, 08:21 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 4, 2005, 8:16 AM
I didn't buy a v6 for the insurance......I am getting bent over a pole at $110 a month . :notnice:
I think they are trying to say you'd be paying a heck of a lot more if you got a GT instead. Insurance rates always depend on age and driving experience. A 16 year old would be hit with huge premiums regardless if it was a v6 of GT. Discounts don't really start until you reach 25. I did get a good laugh when after I got my quote I had my wife call and her quote was $120.00/year less than mine. I called up and asked why because she is 8 years younger than me and just turned 25 this year. They claim that guys have a higher rate of accidents in a Mustang than women. Of course I didn't ask them if they looked at my wifes car. She has had 5 accidents since I have known her, all her fault too. I have 9 friends that have mustangs. 4 guys, 5 girls. Out of which the 4 guys have never had an accident. 2 girls have written off their cars, 2 had fender benders (their fault) and the last lost her license for too many speeding tickets. I think the insurance company is full of
Old 5/4/05, 08:28 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am getting bent over cause my hubby likes to keep the town coffers full...

I have never had a ticket, but hes a driver on Eleanor..therefore I owe I owe.
Old 5/4/05, 08:33 AM
V6 Member

Insurance companies now base pricing on your credit also.

Mine is less than perfect - and all my quotes were for $300 a month. 1 accident, 2 claims for windshield repair. So that's one of the reasons I couldn't afford a GT.

Luckily I found DRIVE Insurance for $140 a month.
Old 5/4/05, 08:36 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I got nationwide...
I have zero deductibles also, that accounts for a lot of the price. Allegedly some insurance companies rate certain car colors higher also if thats true.

Alero insurance is only $70 a month. GO figure- its a POS and is turning into a sporttrac asap.
Old 5/4/05, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Insurance companies may have in the past used color as a determining factor but it has since become illegal. When I first got insurance I remember asking them if they needed the color since they didn't ask. Their reply, "nope, we just care what engine you got".

For my '05 USAA quoted me 2200/yr. I called GEICO and got $1300/yr. Unusual for USAA to be beat so badly but GEICO is new to NJ so they must be running some sales I guess . My home owners insurance and mortgage are with USAA.
Old 5/4/05, 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Jessica you still seem to forget that all you want to do is confuse your scam. Thats why you leave the GT emblems on your "GT" but change just enough to make it look like V6 that someone has just put a dual exhaust and GT emblems on.

Hence a V6 poser trying to look like a GT when in reality it is a GT looking like a V6.

You see when you take the GT emblems off and the car looks totally like a V6 but you are all hot to run a GT or say a goat whatever the guy is going to know something is up. But if the guy "thinks" he knows his stuff, looks at your car see the V6 trim and the dual exhaust, maybe even chuckles to himself that you have the GT badges on it. He will run you no questions.

Since the older body styles were a little more difficult to convert from say GT to LX most of the sleepr guys that I know would just buy the LX wheels and badges and put them on there GT's, sometimes they could get a front bumper that would fit.

A guy driving a goat is not going to run a totally looks like V6 for money. Because A the other guy is crazy and you are not going to get your money or B the other guy has some serious nuts and either has a built motor a swap or has something else in mind.
Old 5/4/05, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

ummm right, whatever.... Hey, yellow is purty!!!!
Old 5/4/05, 11:53 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by mizanin@May 4, 2005, 11:38 AM
ummm right, whatever.... Hey, yellow is purty!!!!
You got that right
Old 5/4/05, 11:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt+May 4, 2005, 9:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GottaHaveIt @ May 4, 2005, 9:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by kevinv-6@May 1, 2005, 3:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-futurestang
@May 1, 2005, 4:38 PM
Are you kidding me? You weren't rude enough with the moron. I have no problem with people modifying V6's, but the moment you put GT badging, and stripes with GT written on them on a V6, you deserve to be dealt with in the harshest terms. It's NOT a GT period, and it shouldn't have GT on it. Seeing stripes and fogs on a V6 just makes me laugh, because it doesn't have the horsepower to make those things appropriate and I laugh at the owner's expense, but when I see fake GT badging, a line has been crossed. Oh and the analogy to the Mustang's factory installed GT badging is just RIDICULOUS. The mustang GT IS a GT. GT is part of that specific model's type. A V6 is NEVER a GT.

So you laugh at my V-6?!? :nono: I have said it before and it is worth repeating now what my car lacks in speed makes up for in appearance!
Not enough horse power to make the stripes appropiate?
I for one Like the look of Kevin's car it gives it more with the stripes be it a V6 or a GT I do not view this car to be a wanna be nothing but a Mustang !
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the kind words! You also have a great car!!!

I cannot believe this thread will not die!!!
I will say it again, I do not support mis-badging of ANY vehicle, but its really not my decision since I only own 3 cars.
Old 5/5/05, 12:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

The point is not to put people down for what they have done to their car, house, etc. (The reason this thread started is because of a nasty note that someone left on a vehicle) If you have nothing nice to say dont say it all. If you dont like it dont do it and dont look at it. A simple and polite remark such as "this is something I wouldnt do" is ok. Again, there is no need to be rude.
Why are you throwing "house" in there? Houses and cars are completely different, and if you own a house, you should know this.

My neighbor is a lazy horses rear end. He lets his lawn grow until it falls over, basically he cuts it 2 times a season. The rest of his yard is growing over.

Tell me that I shouldn't put him down. He's depressing my home value and that of the rest of the neighborhood.

Now, with respect to cars, if someone elses fashion sense is different from mine, fine, it doesn't reduce the value of MY car or my property. So they can go pimp out their ride all they want.

But I'm allowed to have an OPINION, this is still the United States, and despite enactment of the Patriot Act, we're still allowed to express our opinions.

Out of deference to the owner and moderators of this board, I won't "bash" a V6 owner who modifies their car to look more like my GT. But I don't have to RESPECT their fashion choices either. I use the term "fashion" because style and fashion are 2 different things. Style is holostic, fashion is what you put on top. Just like with people and clothes. A truly integrated modification has style. Fiberglass tacked on is a fashion statement.

(Don't get me wrong, if someone is trying to make their car a lightweight racer, and they are doing it with real racing intentions, heck, that's coolio. But slapping on fiberglass has nothing to do with performance. It's a fashion statement, nothing more, and nobody says we have to RESPECT fashion, we just have to respect the civility of the board)
Old 5/5/05, 01:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
God rest ye merry mental men let nothing that we pay, remember Ford the savior came back again one day , to save us all from driving Ugos and tossing them away ! Sorry My Bad I fell off the wagon since Christmas I only had one beer and now just had a six pack of Hermanators Ice Bock thats a 12% per bottle.
Old 5/5/05, 05:09 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Awww come on- Quit dredgin it up- we already agreed to disagree and hijacked this thread days ago..We are entering Bizarro world now...
Old 5/5/05, 06:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, how many times do we have to club this thread over the head with irrelevance for it to die???

Here comes a whack from the club of irrelevancy...

2 Weekends ago (April 24) Cleveland got hit by a major snowstorm. Dumped 20 inches on where I live. The snow was that really wet sticky snow so it was soo heavy that it ripped all kinds of branches off trees, tore entire trees out of the ground, felled power lines, the bushes in our front yard were flattened by the weight of the snow. Over 80,000 people were without power, over 200 schools were closed. Worst snow storm I've ever seen. Needless to say, a record setting amount of snow has fallen this year, something like 120 inches, the previous record here was 101. (Something like 4 of the last 5 snowiest winters here have been in the last 10 years... global warming MY BEHIND!).

Anyway, as my brother was outside inspecting the damage, a tree branch fell and landed on him, killing him instantly. But I feel better now.

[attachmentid=20190]

Ok, so that it didn't fall on him and he's not dead. He climbed under it, I buried him, and took a picture.
Old 5/5/05, 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Whack from the club of irrelevancy number 2:

Most people buy dolphin safe tuna... I only buy tuna safe dolphin, if their so smart how come they taste so good on rye with lettuce and tomato?
Old 5/5/05, 06:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Whack from the club of irrelevancy number 3:

Stay out of Ohio, this state is going to ___ in a handbasket. People adopt children, animals, and highways... the mayor of Cleveland wanted people to adopt trash cans a few years back. So instead of the garbage men emptying public trash cans that line the major streets in busy areas, you, the garbage can adopter, would have to go to your garbage can, empty it, put a clean bag in it, and haul the garbage to your house so the garbage men could pick it up there... Apparently thats the best idea we can come up with to save money.

You've been warned, stay out or be doomed to live among the stupid.