2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 04:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beautifully said!!

Look who cares if someone with a V6 is putting GT logos on their car. We are all in essence the same. We all have the SAME car. Is the body different from a V6 to a GT ... NO. It's shameless people on this site who try to intend on hurting others because they don't have what YOU have. Some people actually PREFER the V6 over the GT. GET OVER IT!! to you and shame to many who feel the way that another member in this post does and it's not the topic starter.

Matt
This is just patently untrue. A V6 mustang IS NOT a GT. Not in price, not in the most fundamental thing a car is, it's engine. I have not bashed V6 owners once, and I never said don't modify them. Put on the stripes, put on the big ugly dubs, the fogs, whatever. But when you put the GT badging on when it is NOT a GT, that crosses the line. I find it absolutely amazing that most people in here ridicule Ricers who put Type-R badges on their cars when they don't have an actual Type-R or the enhanced engine a Type-R has, but you're so willing to give a pass to morons with a V6 who put GT badges on their cars. It is CUT AND DRY, if you don't have a GT or the V8 engine, get the GT badging off your car. That's not "attacking V6 owners", that's not "telling v6 owners not to modify their cars", that's just saying DON'T LIE ABOUT THE MODEL THAT YOU BOUGHT. A V6 is not a GT.
Old 5/1/05, 04:13 PM

Maybe the person simply couldn't afford the GT, mayhap they bought it that way, or mayhap even yes they have "GT Envy" But who cares, a car to me atleast is a blank canvas when you first get it, it is your option as an owner to be as artistic as you want with it. Now it is true some people take this a little too far like when they take a 69 V6 Camaro and transform it into a Yenko and try and pass it as a real one. Now as far as this person goes who knows the only way you will find out is by talking to them face to face and not leaving a note, they didn't leave one on yours saying something like "someone's got 67 envy" or something like that, this is how fights get started, and feelings and possibly cars get damaged, best thing I can suggest is if you see the person talk to them find out what their all about, if they try and pass it as a GT than whatever if not and their just trying to make their car the way they like it for them well then you may have an apology on your hands.

Joe
Old 5/1/05, 04:21 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by futurestang@May 1, 2005, 5:14 PM
Beautifully said!!

Look who cares if someone with a V6 is putting GT logos on their car. We are all in essence the same. We all have the SAME car. Is the body different from a V6 to a GT ... NO. It's shameless people on this site who try to intend on hurting others because they don't have what YOU have. Some people actually PREFER the V6 over the GT. GET OVER IT!! to you and shame to many who feel the way that another member in this post does and it's not the topic starter.

Matt
This is just patently untrue. A V6 mustang IS NOT a GT. Not in price, not in the most fundamental thing a car is, it's engine. I have not bashed V6 owners once, and I never said don't modify them. Put on the stripes, put on the big ugly dubs, the fogs, whatever. But when you put the GT badging on when it is NOT a GT, that crosses the line. I find it absolutely amazing that most people in here ridicule Ricers who put Type-R badges on their cars when they don't have an actual Type-R or the enhanced engine a Type-R has, but you're so willing to give a pass to morons with a V6 who put GT badges on their cars. It is CUT AND DRY, if you don't have a GT or the V8 engine, get the GT badging off your car. That's not "attacking V6 owners", that's not "telling v6 owners not to modify their cars", that's just saying DON'T LIE ABOUT THE MODEL THAT YOU BOUGHT. A V6 is not a GT.
WHY DO YOU CARE??? If you haven't noticed, GT's can be a little hard to get right now. Also, in case you didn't notice, they're a few thousand more dollars! Maybe he wanted a GT and couldn't get one, but putting on the $17 badge makes him feel better. At least he's not taking his car and putting foreign emblems on it. Leaving notes on peoples cars is incredibly immature. Some people need to grow up. If someone left a note on my car I'd be thoroughly pissed. Not because of what they said, but because they're touching my car. If I were to catch someone putting a note on my car, it better either say 'nice car', or have some hot chick's phone number on it. Otherwise, there might be a serious problem. Some people...
Old 5/1/05, 04:24 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

bigger engines don't make up for your own short comings...
Old 5/1/05, 04:26 PM
I lust for a M24

So incredibly true, rex.
Old 5/1/05, 04:27 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by rex@May 1, 2005, 4:27 PM
Amen, and $17 GT badges and a fake GT gas cap, placed RIGHT where a REAL GT would have them doesn't make your shortcomings, the fact that your V6 isn't a GT. You have to wonder about the intelligence of the moron, the moment he opens his hood, people are going to realize all the GT badges are fake heh
Old 5/1/05, 04:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

This isn't going anywhere.
Old 5/1/05, 04:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by futurestang+May 1, 2005, 5:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(futurestang @ May 1, 2005, 5:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rex@May 1, 2005, 4:27 PM
Amen, and $17 GT badges and a fake GT gas cap, placed RIGHT where a REAL GT would have them doesn't make your shortcomings, the fact that your V6 isn't a GT.
[/b][/quote]

I just cant figure out why this bothers you so much?! :scratch:
oh well you really shouldnt let it bother you, it doesnt bother me that your car can run circles around me. it doesnt bother me that your car has fog lights and the hella-cool running ponies on the seats instead of mustangmustangmustang(well ok that does)it doesnt bother me that I only paid 20k for mine and you paid what over 26k? it doesnt bother me that your exhaust sounds better than mine and it doesnt bother me that someone putting GT badges on a V-6 bothers you
Old 5/1/05, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 1, 2005, 4:08 PM
Ok, first off, I didn't have my camera. But anyone with decent photoshop skills can recreate this car.

Last night at work someone told me there was another 05 GT in the parking lot. Well this was big news for me as the only GT I've seen since November has been mine. So I go out into the parking lot and see the silver 05 in the front row. From a distance I notice the foglights, spoiler, and black Mustang stripe on the side. As I get closer I notice the V6 wheels and black rocker panel. Then I notice the GT badging on the side, and walk around back to see the GT faux gas cap, and aftermarket dual exhaust. As I continue my walk around the car I notice the cloth interior. The seats have mustangmustangmustang written on them. Walk back around the front and notice the V6 lower front facia. Well at this point I want to find the owner and ... So I go back inside, get a piece of paper and a marker, and write a little note which I leave on their windshield:
NICE TRY!
Why didn't you
just buy a GT?

Unfortuantely, I was busy shutting off the projection booth when they left, so I did not get to ask any more questions.

Anyone else see any V6 "GT"s like this?
Your actions are very low and imature!!! The laugh is on you my friend. If I was you I would delete this thread. It shows a character of yours that you should not be proud of. Actually, I think the guy is very smart. He saved $4-5,000.00 on a car that looks as good as a GT if not better and has only 90 HP less than a GT. Actually it might have more HP than your GT if he did any mods to the engine.

Here is a lesson to remember; when people do things to their car, most of the time they do it for themselves because they like it. You are a nobody in their eyes and I bet he was cracking up when he read that note. So once again, in my opinion the laugh is on you.
Old 5/1/05, 05:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally I like the V6, especially mine. If I wanted all the GT badging etc then I would have bought the GT. But there are people out there with money to spend on all the EBAY Stuff. Wonder how all the add on's will affect the value of his Mustang?
Old 5/1/05, 05:14 PM
V6 Member

darn, someone needs to re-up on their meds.
Old 5/1/05, 05:27 PM
GT Member

Your actions are very low and imature!!! The laugh is on you my friend. If I was you I would delete this thread. It shows a character of yours that you should not be proud of. Actually, I think the guy is very smart. He saved $4-5,000.00 on a car that looks as good as a GT if not better and has only 90 HP less than a GT. Actually it might have more HP than your GT if he did any mods to the engine.
Heh, this isn't an argument about the value benefits of a V6 versus a GT. If the guy who bought the V6 agreed with all of your questionable logic you make in the quote above, then don't you think he would be PROUD to own a V6. What you don't get is (and I think it requires some intellect), is the fact that with that oh-so-great V6, he decided to put FAKE GT badges everywhere a real GT has them. Now that kind of defeats every argument you make above about the nobility of the V6 doesn't it? And about your comment about people doing mods for themselves. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason you would put GT badges where a REAL Gt would have them unless you were trying to convince other people you had a GT. And as i said before, the guy must be an absolute moron if he doesn't realize the moment he pops his hood, people will realize that every properly placed fake GT badge is a lie.

Oh and I had a great laugh over your "only 90 horsepower" assessment. That translates in the real world to a 7 second econobox 0 to 60 compared to a 5 second elite sports car 0 to 60.
Old 5/1/05, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Um, ok. I don't get why someone would clone a GT but, who cares? So if that is wrong, you must really hate the GT300 stripes. The use of Mach 1 wheels is just wrong. The soon to arrive shaker hood scoops will give you fits. And the LeMans stripes, heresy.

NONE of these cars are Shelbys, Cobras, Mach 1s, GTAs, CS, HCS, Twister specials, Blue Bonnet Specials or Sprints. But someone, somewhere is probably making their 05 look like one. Get used to it and get over it. This guy will never get GT money for his car so no one is hurt, no one is deceived. Your note was rude and was meant to be, it's obvious from your first post.

This will really scare you. In 65 when the very first GTs hit the scene, Ford offered every GT add on to the public in an advertising campaign to encourage GT clones. Result is that today only a window sticker or build sheet is considered absolute proof of a 65 or 66 GT if everything else matches up. I'm guessing you would not be in favor of that in 05!
Old 5/1/05, 06:03 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Hellcat6@May 1, 2005, 5:55 PM
Um, ok. I don't get why someone would clone a GT but, who cares? So if that is wrong, you must really hate the GT300 stripes. The use of Mach 1 wheels is just wrong. The soon to arrive shaker hood scoops will give you fits. And the LeMans stripes, heresy.

NONE of these cars are Shelbys, Cobras, Mach 1s, GTAs, CS, HCS, Twister specials, Blue Bonnet Specials or Sprints. But someone, somewhere is probably making their 05 look like one. Get used to it and get over it. This guy will never get GT money for his car so no one is hurt, no one is deceived. Your note was rude and was meant to be, it's obvious from your first post.

This will really scare you. In 65 when the very first GTs hit the scene, Ford offered every GT add on to the public in an advertising campaign to encourage GT clones. Result is that today only a window sticker or build sheet is considered absolute proof of a 65 or 66 GT if everything else matches up. I'm guessing you would not be in favor of that in 05!
The difference is simple. NONE of those special editions exist yet OFFICIALLY on an 05. This idiot is using the OFFICIAL PRODUCED GT as a template, removing his V6 badging, and placing GT badging where the official GT has it. Now let me tell you this. When the Shelby GT500 comes out, if I take my GT, and use the official Shelby as a template, and duplicate the exterior of my GT to match the Shelby in every way, including stripe pattern, wheels, and then after that adding the Shelby badging to the back of my GT and then adding cobras to the right side of the front grill(and removing all the GT badging) to duplicate it, you can be darn sure I would not only be wrong, but that somebody would be justified in leaving a much harsher note if they found out that mine wasn't a Shelby. Case Closed. Wheels and stripes are one thing, taking badging from an officially produced vehicle in the same model year that you don't own is WRONG.
Old 5/1/05, 06:14 PM
V6 Member

I'm confused why you keep insisting on referring to this person as an idiot and moron. Your views are your own and you're entitled to them just like anyone else. What disturbs me and probably a few others is the way you attack this person who is probably a total stranger to you and the intensity of your view. Quite disturbing really.
Old 5/1/05, 06:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well better stock up on Tums because it won't be long after release that you will see an 05 Shelby clone (probably minus the drivetrain). You may not like the practice but it is a common thing in the Mustang world. Go to a classic Mustang show and count the Shelby clones. You really think the 05 will be different? I understand that you hate the idea, just saying that it's only the beginning.
Old 5/1/05, 06:26 PM
Cobra Member

heres my 05 next to a 60s Shelby "clone".
FutureStang, your use of "Official" is a little confusing. Are you saying that unless something is Ford and came on the vehicle it is wrong?? So everyone who changed their wheels, radios, added tint etc is wrong? Thats what it sounds like to me...
Look I dont like the GT badges on V-6 cars either, but I am not going to insult the person who did it nor will I laugh or make fun of their car...Thats just me
Old 5/1/05, 06:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Maybe right another note...saying how great it was to see another 05 mustang in the parking lot,and how you should get togeather over lunch to compare cars and generally shoot the breeze over car stuff...
Old 5/1/05, 06:47 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 1, 2005, 7:30 PM
Maybe right another note...saying how great it was to see another 05 mustang in the parking lot,and how you should get togeather over lunch to compare cars and generally shoot the breeze over car stuff...

(sarcasm on) That would require just a tiny bit of maturity and way too much common sense. Besides, why would someone super cool with a GT want to associate himself with someone who drives an inferior v6? Especially considering the v6 driver puts those GT badges on a car fooling people into thinking he's much cooler than he really is. (sarcasm off)

Actually, a good idea Tom. If the guy's taking the time to customize his car, he's probably into Mustangs too.
Old 5/1/05, 06:50 PM
GT Member

A V6 wearing GT emblems is like a woman wearing a push-up bra - false advertising :P

Before buying my 05 GT, I had a 2000 V6 and I would never have dreamed of sticking a GT or Cobra emblem on it even though I, personally, always wished that I did in fact have a GT or Cobra. I know that not everyone who owns a V6 wishes they had a GT, but I think that someone who puts GT badges on their V6 IS saying "I wish I had a GT".