2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 07:06 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe the guy that bought it is related to the guy who wanted to race me in a V6 because he and his girlfriend thought the v6 was faster than the GT.

Well after reading all of the bashing in this thread I have a migraine. Time to take a pill, and I think some of you should do the same.
Old 5/2/05, 07:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by RabidCharlie@May 1, 2005, 2:33 PM
Go on Ebay and you'll find dealers creating a "GT" look with some of their V-6s even having the "dual exhaust" ports. Here's a link I saw today:

Ebay V-6 GT XTREME
$28,900 for a V6 with the GtX crap on it? Faux ICAP...and did I read the odometer right...268.7 miles? The car doesn't even have power seats.
I'm sure all that added weight gave that car fater 0-60 times too.
Jeez...someone could get a fully loaded realGT with real ICAP for the same price..

As far as this V6 "GT" is concerned. I find it amusing that people will bash Civic's with Ferrari logos on it, but not something equivalent as a V6 with GT or Cobra logo. :scratch: I don't mind someone customizing a car, but when you start fake badging, it becomes rice.
Old 5/2/05, 08:01 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All righty then.
I have just received the confirmation I have been waiting to hear...My suspicions are absolutely true.
TMS has went from what was an absolute joy waiting on the 05 to get here to a huge stinking pit of my gt is bigger than your v6 so your car isn't worth the time of day forum.
Not even worth my time to bother defending anything anymore, because what has been coming for a long time has finally arrived. My "ricemobile" and I(and most likely others too) no longer feel welcome here.
Since I obviously can't "afford" a gt, and the things I do for ME are "rice" cause I liked it well........I won't go into detail on what I think of that load of BS.
have a thousand happy times discussing your compensating for that thing you lack v8 mustang and have a merry old time doing that thing you all do so well!
Old 5/2/05, 08:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by futurestang@May 1, 2005, 4:14 PM
Beautifully said!!

Look who cares if someone with a V6 is putting GT logos on their car. We are all in essence the same. We all have the SAME car. Is the body different from a V6 to a GT ... NO. It's shameless people on this site who try to intend on hurting others because they don't have what YOU have. Some people actually PREFER the V6 over the GT. GET OVER IT!! to you and shame to many who feel the way that another member in this post does and it's not the topic starter.

Matt
This is just patently untrue. A V6 mustang IS NOT a GT. Not in price, not in the most fundamental thing a car is, it's engine. I have not bashed V6 owners once, and I never said don't modify them. Put on the stripes, put on the big ugly dubs, the fogs, whatever. But when you put the GT badging on when it is NOT a GT, that crosses the line. I find it absolutely amazing that most people in here ridicule Ricers who put Type-R badges on their cars when they don't have an actual Type-R or the enhanced engine a Type-R has, but you're so willing to give a pass to morons with a V6 who put GT badges on their cars. It is CUT AND DRY, if you don't have a GT or the V8 engine, get the GT badging off your car. That's not "attacking V6 owners", that's not "telling v6 owners not to modify their cars", that's just saying DON'T LIE ABOUT THE MODEL THAT YOU BOUGHT. A V6 is not a GT.

What if the car was supercharged or turbocharged to the point that it made even more horsepower than a GT... and what about the fact that the '05 V6 makes more power than the GT's of about 10 years ago.

Shall we go around and pry the GT badges off of these cars because they no longer make sufficient power to be called GT's?
Old 5/2/05, 08:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Snets+May 1, 2005, 9:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Snets @ May 1, 2005, 9:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RabidCharlie@May 1, 2005, 1:33 PM

Go on Ebay and you'll find dealers creating a "GT" look with some of their V-6s even having the "dual exhaust" ports. Here's a link I saw today:

Ebay V-6 GT XTREME
Regarding the one on eBay.......Red leather without IUP? IUP is required with ICAP as far as I know....
[/b][/quote]

Take a close look, the seats aren't power either. The added the leather to the stock V6 seats.
Old 5/2/05, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

I saw a sonic blue v-6 yesterday w/ a solid silver stripe across the hood, roof, and decklid, very cool...I hope that my Gt will be built this year, but I think the v-6 cars are nice as well, who cares if there are a few GT clones, big deal.... :
Old 5/2/05, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 2, 2005, 10:04 AM
All righty then.
I have just received the confirmation I have been waiting to hear...My suspicions are absolutely true.
TMS has went from what was an absolute joy waiting on the 05 to get here to a huge stinking pit of my gt is bigger than your v6 so your car isn't worth the time of day forum.
Not even worth my time to bother defending anything anymore, because what has been coming for a long time has finally arrived. My "ricemobile" and I(and most likely others too) no longer feel welcome here.
Since I obviously can't "afford" a gt, and the things I do for ME are "rice" cause I liked it well........I won't go into detail on what I think of that load of BS.
have a thousand happy times discussing your compensating for that thing you lack v8 mustang and have a merry old time doing that thing you all do so well!
Well put April!! Its such a shame that there is such people in this world. I agree with you and I am a GT owner. Its just a car and who are these people to be so rude and to critisize and such a rude manner? I think it boils down to the fact that GT owners think they are special and get upset if someone mods their car to look like theirs. This is high-school actions. :nono: My goodness its only a badge. By the way..if these people are going to think in such manner that the modded V6's to GT's identifies a fake car can someone explain the shelby stripes to me? Also, does that mean that our cars (without any mods) are wannabe's considering the deisign is from '65-'67?
Old 5/2/05, 09:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 2, 2005, 8:04 AM
For some reason...I knew April would light up.

To me, there comes a point where all out "ricing" up any car becomes the same as "compensating for that thing you lack". I mean...c'mon. How much fluff does one really need to add to a car? I don't mind stripes, custom grills and other mods, but when someone starts over-modding and then starts to pretend the car is something its not, then its just "rice". I mean...you seems to be hiding the car from what it really is. That GtX, to me, is rice.

As far as your car, April. You are not hiding it nor pretending its something else. In fact, I do believe I teased you about it when you first posted that Cobra emblem on your way to "rice". Quaint stuff like that is obviously a decoration and/or personalization. You still have every indication that its a V6.
Old 5/2/05, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 2, 2005, 10:04 AM
I've kept my mouth shut about this whole V6 "GT"... but this comment really makes me mad. If you're jealous of what someone else has, just admit it! (lol) Why is it everytime someone with a V6 can't find anything else negative to say about V8 owners they constantly revert to childish neo-feminist diatribes about small winkie size. C'mon, now! Show us your true colors (green)!

No one on this forum is insulting what's between your legs, April. Although I could start, if that's what you want.
Old 5/2/05, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe+May 2, 2005, 10:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OBleedingMe @ May 2, 2005, 10:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@May 2, 2005, 10:04 AM
I've kept my mouth shut about this whole V6 "GT"... but this comment really makes me mad. If you're jealous of what someone else has, just admit it! (lol) Why is it everytime someone with a V6 can't find anything else negative to say about V8 owners they constantly revert to childish neo-feminist diatribes about small winkie size. C'mon, now! Show us your try colors (green)!

No one on this forum is insulting what's between your legs, April. Although I could start, if that's what you want.
[/b][/quote]

what you say is true. alot of this is not directed toward you--OBleedingMe...

why do some GT owners feel the need to bash and accusse owners of V-6s of having GT envy etc?? and heaven forbid when a V-6 owner does something to their car some call it rice! The body kit on the gtxtreme in the link isnt bad, except for the imitiation exhaust and the price. But I digress.
I still dont agree with the GT badges on a V-6 but its not my car, its someone elses. Rice this rice that darn who cares.....why do some people have to be so darn mean spirited thats all I am asking..I dont care that the GTs engine is bigger than mine etc.......

alot of this is not directed toward you--OBleedingMe...
Why is there an issue between some GT owners and V-6 owners?? I know a few GT owners down here(Dave,Steve,Mitch)and when we hung out together I was the only V-6--but there was no hate or hositily none of them looked down on my "little" 4liter. I did once run into a GT owner who would not give me the time of the day....Very lame attitude....
I dont understand, my other car is a 02 Altima 2.5 and I used to go to the Altima forum, never once was there a discussion about how the 2.5 is not a true altima, etc....
It is all very frustrating and makes some V-6 owners not want to check out this forum.. It really really bugs me, and yes I am defensive about my V-6 now!
Old 5/2/05, 10:21 AM
Queen Of Nascar

After reading this whole dang thread I felt like I was at StangNet!
Old 5/2/05, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am curious to see what happens when the new Shelby-Cobras comes out. Does this mean that there will be bashing bewteen the Gt's and cobras?

Kevin-April: I believe the real problem is that we are at a age that has left us mature and we are dealing with teenagers here that have bought a GT and think the they rule the world.

To everyone: Also lets not forget that this was disagreement began with the note that was left on a car. Not which car is better looking or just a better car.

No offiense but I thought this should be a fun and educating forum. Lets keep it that way.

For instance I would never put the shelby stripes on my stang just because I dont like them (not because they are shelby stripes by the way). I dont bash anyone for it though. Its just a matter of personal taste.

I actually put same rocker panel stripes that come on the V6 on my GT. I did it because I liked the stripes. Most of everyone here had something to say and was putting me down because I was making my car look like the V6. I was not trying to make my car look like nothing other than the way I LIKE IT!!! I drive it you dont so get over it! I had guys with shelby stripes, GT 300, GT 500 say something and I am thinking there is something wrong with this picture. But I just laughed at it.

I am now getting upset for one reason. I have loved my time here at the forums and some of you guys are making this a dreadful experience.

My .02 cents
Old 5/2/05, 10:44 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 2, 2005, 12:43 PM
I am curious to see what happens when the new Shelby-Cobras comes out. Does this mean that there will be bashing bewteen the Gt's and cobras?

Kevin-April: I believe the real problem is that we are at a age that has left us mature and we are dealing with teenagers here that have bought a GT and think the they rule the world.

To everyone: Also lets not forget that this was disagreement began with the note that was left on a car. Not which car is better looking or just a better car.

No offiense but I thought this should be a fun and educating forum. Lets keep it that way.

For instance I would never put the shelby stripes on my stang just because I dont like them (not because they are shelby stripes by the way). I dont bash anyone for it though. Its just a matter of personal taste.

I actually put same rocker panel stripes that come on the V6 on my GT. I did it because I liked the stripes. Most of everyone here had something to say and was putting me down because I was making my car look like the V6. I was not trying to make my car look like nothing other than the way I LIKE IT!!! I drive it you dont so get over it! I had guys with shelby stripes, GT 300, GT 500 say something and I am thinking there is something wrong with this picture. But I just laughed at it.

I am now getting upset for one reason. I have loved my time here at the forums and some of you guys are making this a dreadful experience.

My .02 cents

I agree with you 100%
Old 5/2/05, 10:48 AM
Cobra Member

dtdebuty: I agree with you, on everything you say(well except for liking stripes).. I think its awesome that you added the rocker panel stripes, I happen to like them very much.
it is a shame as Donna put it does feel like we are on stangnet..what a shame...
Old 5/2/05, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Everyone has a preference. As far as I'm concerned, if Im paying for the car, who cares what other's think?

We are here because we all love MUSTANGS, they are like horses: each have their own look, and 'personality traits'. So what if we pick certain things from V6 or GT to put on our own car. Its a look. Its what the driver likes.

big deal! :bang:
Old 5/2/05, 10:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

So when GT owners buy Cobra wheels they are wannabe Cobra owners?

So when I put a Mach 1 grill delete and Chin Spoiler on my car, I'm a wannabe Mach 1 owner?
Old 5/2/05, 10:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 1, 2005, 3:08 PM
Ok, first off, I didn't have my camera. But anyone with decent photoshop skills can recreate this car.

Last night at work someone told me there was another 05 GT in the parking lot. Well this was big news for me as the only GT I've seen since November has been mine. So I go out into the parking lot and see the silver 05 in the front row. From a distance I notice the foglights, spoiler, and black Mustang stripe on the side. As I get closer I notice the V6 wheels and black rocker panel. Then I notice the GT badging on the side, and walk around back to see the GT faux gas cap, and aftermarket dual exhaust. As I continue my walk around the car I notice the cloth interior. The seats have mustangmustangmustang written on them. Walk back around the front and notice the V6 lower front facia. Well at this point I want to find the owner and ... So I go back inside, get a piece of paper and a marker, and write a little note which I leave on their windshield:
NICE TRY!
Why didn't you
just buy a GT?

Unfortuantely, I was busy shutting off the projection booth when they left, so I did not get to ask any more questions.

Anyone else see any V6 "GT"s like this?
ok I am sorry to do this but I found this post 7:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...=0&#entry353372

If you did go "Mach 1" how upset would you be if someone put a note about it wouldnt you feel pretty low? and that seems to be a lot of time and expense to make up for the 5HP that the Mach 1 has over his GT!
I had to!
Old 5/2/05, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Great find Kevin!!! (sorry about the stripes by the way...lol I do want you to know that I still like your car along with everyone elses)

With what you found Kevin proves that we have waisted our time with this guy and his actions. :bang:

However, that is so funny and soooo sad.

P.S. NICE TRY!.... Justin
Why dont you
just buy a Mach1?
Old 5/2/05, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinv-6+May 2, 2005, 10:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinv-6 @ May 2, 2005, 10:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Enfynet@May 1, 2005, 3:08 PM

NICE TRY!
Why didn't you
just buy a GT?

Anyone else see any V6 "GT"s like this?
ok I am sorry to do this but I found this post 7:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...=0&#entry353372

If you did go "Mach 1" how upset would you be if someone put a note about it wouldnt you feel pretty low? and that seems to be a lot of time and expense to make up for the 5HP that the Mach 1 has over his GT!
I had to!
[/b][/quote]

OPEN MOUTH --- INSERT FOOT
Old 5/2/05, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 2, 2005, 12:06 PM
Great find Kevin!!! (sorry about the stripes by the way...lol I do want you to know that I still like your car along with everyone elses)

dont worry about the stripes I dont mind!!