2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

A dealer in San Antonio has 3 v6's that are heavily modified. Cobra emblems, hoods replaced, running lights, bigger wheels, painted on stripes etc......
They have been on the lot for some time. grimey, dirty. I am willing to bet that these cars are selling at about the same price as the GT's.
Old 5/1/05, 07:27 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by mister_e@May 1, 2005, 7:53 PM
A V6 wearing GT emblems is like a woman wearing a push-up bra - false advertising :P

Maybe that's my problem, I like push-up bra's too!
Old 5/1/05, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

, :bang: :ranting: - ---------->>>> future . . . hehe

Please , it's turning into a flame session.

Matt
Old 5/1/05, 07:45 PM
Cobra R Member

futurestang, just fyi, the 05 v6 does not do 7's in the 0-60. Mine is all stock except for the K&N drop in, and ive pulled many 6.5's as well as a 6.47. Thats a whopping 1.4 seconds for $5000

If i wanted a gt i would have gotten the gt. I could not justify the extra $190 a month my insurance company wanted for the gt though (over $2000 a year in just insurance extra). If your argument is about how much faster the gt is, i can promise you there are 2000 v6 mustangs out there that could emberass you even when missing a shift.
Old 5/1/05, 07:51 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i dont mind lights and bdy parts and stuff on V6s. the only thin i dont want to see on a 6 (aside from rice) is a GT logo of any sort. that, IMO, is a form of lying and pretending to be someone you are not. im all for putting the fogs, stripes, GT front/rear(only if it has dual xhaust tho) fascias, etc on a V6 (if i had one i'd probably do the fogs and a street scene kit, and add the bullitt GT wheels actually), i just dont like it when it says "GT"

i feel the same way about cobra/shelby clones. it bugs me when fake shelbys have shelby stuff on em.

i hope no one takes this the wrong way, because i really do like the V6, and would hate to appear like im bashing it. to all you mustang owners, I4, I6, V6, V8 whatever. you've got a mustang and thats all that matters
Old 5/1/05, 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Fazm@May 1, 2005, 7:48 PM
futurestang, just fyi, the 05 v6 does not do 7's in the 0-60. Mine is all stock except for the K&N drop in, and ive pulled many 6.5's as well as a 6.47. Thats a whopping 1.4 seconds for $5000

If i wanted a gt i would have gotten the gt. I could not justify the extra $190 a month my insurance company wanted for the gt though (over $2000 a year in just insurance extra). If your argument is about how much faster the gt is, i can promise you there are 2000 v6 mustangs out there that could emberass you even when missing a shift.
Well, I am not taking sides or anything, but 1.4 seconds is a butt load when talking about 0-60 times, and well worth $5000 for someone that wants performance. In order to gets a car in the high 3's (1.4 less than 5.1), you are going to pay > $100,000 more than the GT.

And regarding your 2000 V6 mustangs. Those people spent as much on making those V6's that fast, considering stock they were 190 hp and it would cost quite a bit to boost them 110 hp, as it would cost to buy a 2005 GT.
Old 5/1/05, 08:07 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.+May 1, 2005, 8:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ May 1, 2005, 8:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mister_e@May 1, 2005, 7:53 PM
A V6 wearing GT emblems is like a woman wearing a push-up bra - false advertising :P

Maybe that's my problem, I like push-up bra's too!
[/b][/quote]

Haha! Yeah, me too until they come off and you get that feeling of being lied to
Old 5/1/05, 08:12 PM

My dealer only had V6 verts in stock.....My dream stang is a silver GT vert so I took a photo of the 6 banger and made it my GT!

Mods to the V6 include...
35% Tint to keep it legal
Custom paint (Fat stripe, side stripe, painted wing)
Hood Pins
Lowered about 2"
GT Fog Lights
Old 5/1/05, 08:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by futurestang@May 1, 2005, 7:30 PM
Your actions are very low and imature!!! The laugh is on you my friend. If I was you I would delete this thread. It shows a character of yours that you should not be proud of. Actually, I think the guy is very smart. He saved $4-5,000.00 on a car that looks as good as a GT if not better and has only 90 HP less than a GT. Actually it might have more HP than your GT if he did any mods to the engine.
Heh, this isn't an argument about the value benefits of a V6 versus a GT. If the guy who bought the V6 agreed with all of your questionable logic you make in the quote above, then don't you think he would be PROUD to own a V6. What you don't get is (and I think it requires some intellect), is the fact that with that oh-so-great V6, he decided to put FAKE GT badges everywhere a real GT has them. Now that kind of defeats every argument you make above about the nobility of the V6 doesn't it? And about your comment about people doing mods for themselves. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason you would put GT badges where a REAL Gt would have them unless you were trying to convince other people you had a GT. And as i said before, the guy must be an absolute moron if he doesn't realize the moment he pops his hood, people will realize that every properly placed fake GT badge is a lie.

Oh and I had a great laugh over your "only 90 horsepower" assessment. That translates in the real world to a 7 second econobox 0 to 60 compared to a 5 second elite sports car 0 to 60.
Your problem is you along some others here think that just because you own a GT that you are the King. So again, the guy has a V6 and put some GT badges on. So what!! Who are you to judge him for that. He liked the looks of a GT and maybe the poor guy just cound not afford a GT. Does that mean he is not allowed to do any mods to his car? I just dont get you guys. Its a shame pitty the reactions you take. Yet, I see a whole bunch of GT owners doing mods to their cars bring it close to a cobra, Rouse, Saleen etc. Whats up with that? I actually see nothing wrong with that either. Its just a car.....nothing more.
Old 5/1/05, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 1, 2005, 2:08 PM
Ok, first off, I didn't have my camera. But anyone with decent photoshop skills can recreate this car.

Last night at work someone told me there was another 05 GT in the parking lot. Well this was big news for me as the only GT I've seen since November has been mine. So I go out into the parking lot and see the silver 05 in the front row. From a distance I notice the foglights, spoiler, and black Mustang stripe on the side. As I get closer I notice the V6 wheels and black rocker panel. Then I notice the GT badging on the side, and walk around back to see the GT faux gas cap, and aftermarket dual exhaust. As I continue my walk around the car I notice the cloth interior. The seats have mustangmustangmustang written on them. Walk back around the front and notice the V6 lower front facia. Well at this point I want to find the owner and ... So I go back inside, get a piece of paper and a marker, and write a little note which I leave on their windshield:
NICE TRY!
Why didn't you
just buy a GT?

Unfortuantely, I was busy shutting off the projection booth when they left, so I did not get to ask any more questions.

Anyone else see any V6 "GT"s like this?
Dude are you serious about putting a note on this guys car. If someone did that to my car I wouldn't want to talk to you :nono: You are a little looney, who cares if he bought it that way or he made it that way. What's next you are going to put a note saying nice try why didn't you buy a Shelby Cobra GT-500 on the next GT you see with racing stripes and side stripes saying GT 500 or 300. You need to get over it and worry about your own car and not what other people have. News flash buddy you will not have the only GT in town really soon.
Old 5/1/05, 08:44 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if I... no, when I buy my first new car in the next few years (most likely a mustang) I WILL buy a v6 model, I WILL mod my car to the max, although I won't put gt badges on mine,
it is just a small piece of plastic/metal!! why would anyone totaly stereotype a vehicle/owner over a $20.00 mod? many people are gonna call my tbird rice because the sponsorship reccomends decals to help signify the companies you represent...
the point is does the guy follow you and rev his engine/ bad mouth your car? if not then there is no harm done... we are all car enthuesiests whether we prefer a 68 gt500 or a S2000
why can we all just get along & enjoy our common interests??!!

ok venting over...
Old 5/1/05, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

i own a v6, and i love it, a friend of mine has a GT, big deal, good for him, we both have the best lookin cars on the road, i mean come on man, leave the guy alone, its his car, and i think that was really immature of you to leave a note, if that was my car that u were touching, and putting a note on, then there would be a problem, hopefully the guy who owns the car you left the note on is mature enought to drive off in his car, and feel good that he has what he wants, and doesnt care what you think, as long as he likes it, i dont think its any of your concern, the v6 bashing is starting up in here
Old 5/1/05, 09:43 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by RabidCharlie@May 1, 2005, 1:33 PM

Go on Ebay and you'll find dealers creating a "GT" look with some of their V-6s even having the "dual exhaust" ports. Here's a link I saw today:

Ebay V-6 GT XTREME
Regarding the one on eBay.......Red leather without IUP? IUP is required with ICAP as far as I know....
Old 5/1/05, 09:57 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I have seen alot of people saying there is V6 bashing in this thread. I havent seen a bit of V6 bashing, what I see is the same kind of comments made of other cars that fake thier badging.

I dont agree with the thread originators tactics, but, I do agree that placing GT bading on a vehicle that is not a GT is inappropriate.

Having said that, it doesnt mean that I am bashing V6s by any means, or that I think I am better because I drive a GT. It is simply stating that IN MY OPINION its silly to put GT badges on a V6. I also believe it to be silly to put Cobras on a GT, etc. I never liked "kit cars", where the body is a clone of specific cars but the guts are far different.

I do think that sometimes you need to rethink how you state something. (you being general)
Old 5/1/05, 10:05 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

As far as the one on eBay, the GT logos are NOT like the V8s. I think its a pretty cool looking car personally. It does say it comes with fogs, but the car pictured doesnt have them. I am not a fan of imitation exhaust, why not just put dual exhaust on it.

Maybe name it the V6X, as in V6 Extreme.

It doesnt have ICAP, it has custom red seats.
Old 5/1/05, 10:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Im talkin bout going out and buyin a used 2000 v6, slappin a charger and nos on it, and you would be about $7000 less than a current gt.
1.4 seconds doesnt equate to a lot in the long run. I see plenty of people on here running 14's with their 05 gt, and ive personally run a 14.86 (gtech + K&N) and a 15.26 (firebird raceway) in my 05 v6 when it was bone stock. I can promise you i can hit low 14's or high 13's in my car for less than the $5-7k that i would have paid for a gt (not to mention the money i would save in insurance).

Also in regards to needing another 110hp to make them as fast as an 05 gt, you have to remember than a 2000 v6 weighs 2-300 pounds less than an 05 gt.

3rd note... i also hate push up bras.
Old 5/1/05, 11:17 PM
GT Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=22921

Read all & See post #8
Old 5/1/05, 11:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I never touched the car. I placed a piece of paper on the front of the car between the hood and windshield in a place where it would be seen, without me having to touch anything.

If I had the option to stand outside and wait until they got to their car to talk to them I would have. However, I was at work and could not wait outside for them.

I do not know if they bought it that way or did the mods themself. To be honest, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if a dealer dressed the car up and told them it was a GT. You'd be surprised how little the GP knows about this car. If that was the case, they would probably want to know they don't have a GT.

I have no problems with people owning V6s. I have no problem with people modifying V6s. I don't understand why someone would claim a V6 is a GT though. That's like saying a Fiero with a prancing horse is a Ferrari.

If you read my original post, I never said the car looked bad. I like the V6, I like the foglights, I even liked the dual exhaust. Once again, I didn't understand why someone would claim that it is a GT though.

There is a small Hot Rod shop about 15 miles from my house that has two "2005 Shelby GT 500"s... They even have "authentic" Shelby stickers on them. I talked to the guy that did the modifications. He told me flat out that he knew about the 07 GT500 and that he was planning on making 5k profit over what he paid for the cars to have them shipped from Florida, plus cost of the labor on the modifications. He told me he put "Shelby" modifications on one of the engines as well. He offered to paint my stripes (his weren't straight) for $2000.

I guess never being in this car segment before I never realized how many "fakes" there were out there. So it kind of disturbs me to see a poodle claim its a wolf.

I'm sorry some of you think it was immature to do so, but I really was curious about the origins of the car and was trying to not be rude and write "WANNABE" on their car...

I guess laughing at me for being curious is more mature than being curious. :worship:
Old 5/2/05, 05:51 AM
Cobra Member

I hope the guy did the emblems himself and did not think he was buying a GT. Could you imagine the horror of discovering the car you bought was not the car you thought it was?

On a side note I did see that the Hyndai Elentra has a GT model as well.
Old 5/2/05, 06:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Fazm@May 1, 2005, 10:17 PM
Im talkin bout going out and buyin a used 2000 v6, slappin a charger and nos on it, and you would be about $7000 less than a current gt.
1.4 seconds doesnt equate to a lot in the long run. I see plenty of people on here running 14's with their 05 gt, and ive personally run a 14.86 (gtech + K&N) and a 15.26 (firebird raceway) in my 05 v6 when it was bone stock. I can promise you i can hit low 14's or high 13's in my car for less than the $5-7k that i would have paid for a gt (not to mention the money i would save in insurance).

Also in regards to needing another 110hp to make them as fast as an 05 gt, you have to remember than a 2000 v6 weighs 2-300 pounds less than an 05 gt.

3rd note... i also hate push up bras.
You can't compare new cars to 5 year old cars. I mean, I could buy a 1985 POS for $1000 and drop a huge supercharged engine in it for less than buying a 2000 V6 or a 2005 GT. You could also take a 2000 GT, which at this point would probably be $1000 more than the V6, and do all the same stuff to it, and it woudl tear up the V6.