2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 2, 2005, 3:35 PM
So, a person is insecure because he doesnt think that a V6 should have badging of a GT?

By reading this thread, I have surmised the following:

A GT owner is NEVER allowed to say ANYTHING bad about a V6's mods, especially if it concerns fake badging. Once a GT owner has done such, they are insecure, rude, and bashing V6s.

A V6 owner can talk trash about GT owners all day long, because they are protected by the "Dont bash V6s" laws. Its like they have immunity.

A V6 owner can put GT badges on thier Mustang, and be exempt from any negative comments.

I dont buy fake jewlery, (such as Tiffany knocks offs, etc) I dont buy fake handbags (such as Chanel or Louis Vuitton knock offs). I dont wear cubic ziconia. The diamonds I own are small, but they are REAL. If I cant afford them, I buy what I can afford, and but would NEVER present anything that is fake as the real thing. In the case of my jewlery and handbags... if its something I really love, I save until I can buy it, and I buy it.

I am all for modifying your car, your body, your home, etc to make it your own. I am all for using your creativity to make something unique to you. What I dont like is posers. Be proud of who you are.

You know what people, I am tired of having to close threads because people have thin skin.

NO ONE said GTs are better than V6s. NO ONE said V6s stinks. NO ONE bashed V6s.

No, I wouldnt put GT badges on a V6. No, I wouldnt put Cobras on my GT. Why is that bashing anything? Its not. I think maybe some V6 owners need to thicken thier skin a bit, step back, and stop being so defensive.
The point is not to put people down for what they have done to their car, house, etc. (The reason this thread started is because of a nasty note that someone left on a vehicle) If you have nothing nice to say dont say it all. If you dont like it dont do it and dont look at it. A simple and polite remark such as "this is something I wouldnt do" is ok. Again, there is no need to be rude.

I think that some people dont understand that others dont have the money or dont want to spend the money for a GT, diamonds or gold. They would rather buy a fake diamond, or gold or a V6 and invest their money elsewhere. Whats wrong with that if thats what makes them happy. Who are you, me or anyone else to judge them?

People may like the looks of the GT such as the dual exaust, fogs, front & rear bumper GT badges but they dont care for the extra 90 HP and dont want to or cannot afford to spend 5 grand to get the GT. So they go with the V6 and the mods to meet what they really want in the looks. (Isnt that their right? Or are they not allwed to do such thing?) They spend a max of $1000.00 and they have a GT without the 90 HP and they are happy. Let them be happy and lets not judge them.

P.S. I am a GT owner and I am tired of GT owners thinking they are better, smarter, cooler you name it. Everytime some V6 guy does something to mod his/her car here comes the GT police bashing them. You dont see anyone getting onto the GT owners though with their mods. Its the same car produced by the same company. By the way....its only a FORD. Not a Porsche or Ferrari or Mercedes.
Old 5/2/05, 02:02 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by basicblack@May 2, 2005, 2:01 PM
"If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, quacks like a duck.....
It must be a duck"

It looks like a v6, acts like a v6, and sounds like a v6....it IS a v6.
(not a GT)

IMO
Ah, but it could look like a v6 but sound like several things depending on what muffler they put on there. I just hope nobody makes their cars sound like a fart.
Old 5/2/05, 02:04 PM
V6 Member

for as much as that guy spent hew prolly coulda got a gt,its funny cuz i saw a yellow 99 v6 mustang with a very crapy spray painted 03 cobra bumper..
Old 5/2/05, 02:05 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 2, 2005, 2:02 PM

They spend a max of $1000.00 and they have a GT without the 90 HP and they are happy. Let them be happy and lets not judge them.
Ah, they still don't have a GT. They have a very modified v6.
Old 5/2/05, 02:06 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 2, 2005, 1:35 PM
So, a person is insecure because he doesnt think that a V6 should have badging of a GT?

A GT owner is NEVER allowed to say ANYTHING bad about a V6's mods, especially if it concerns fake badging. Once a GT owner has done such, they are insecure, rude, and bashing V6s.

A V6 owner can talk trash about GT owners all day long, because they are protected by the "Dont bash V6s" laws. Its like they have immunity.

A V6 owner can put GT badges on thier Mustang, and be exempt from any negative comments.

I dont buy fake jewlery, (such as Tiffany knocks offs, etc) I dont buy fake handbags (such as Chanel or Louis Vuitton knock offs). I dont wear cubic ziconia. The diamonds I own are small, but they are REAL. If I cant afford them, I buy what I can afford, and but would NEVER present anything that is fake as the real thing. In the case of my jewlery and handbags... if its something I really love, I save until I can buy it, and I buy it.

I am all for modifying your car, your body, your home, etc to make it your own. I am all for using your creativity to make something unique to you. What I dont like is posers. Be proud of who you are.

You know what people, I am tired of having to close threads because people have thin skin.

No, I wouldnt put GT badges on a V6. No, I wouldnt put Cobras on my GT. Why is that bashing anything? Its not. I think maybe some V6 owners need to thicken thier skin a bit, step back, and stop being so defensive.
Myself.........Get smaller engines so I can get bigger Gemstones. I like REAL gemstones, and ones you can see. Thats MY choice.I don't happen to like little diamonds. Am I ridiculing you because you choose to wear small ones? No. But the same can of course not be said.
In fact the correct terminology is "I don't like what is said in this thread so it needs to be closed. Happens all the time, its what's the usual around here lately. I am totally entitled to my opinion- it doesn't mean you have to like it, and it also doesn't mean you have to do whatever it is you do until we decide to agree with it.
Old 5/2/05, 02:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by orange04cobra@May 2, 2005, 4:07 PM
for as much as that guy spent hew prolly coulda got a gt,its funny cuz i saw a yellow 99 v6 mustang with a very crapy spray painted 03 cobra bumper..
He could have spant a max of 1-1,5 grand rather than 5 grand.
Old 5/2/05, 02:08 PM
GT Member

wow, some of you v6 owners really need to quit being such babies.

ill FINALLY be getting my first mustang in a couple weeks (ive been saving for years) and it will be a sn-95. probably a v6 although im hoping i can get a good deal on a gt and insurance wont be bad. but more than likely ill be getting a v6, so this is coming from a future v6 owner...

as jessica said, nobody here has bashed v6s. nobody minds putting mods on them. what you guys arent understanding is that the author of this thread was mad ONLY because there were fake badges on the car. really no different than a ricer the other day who i saw with a honda integra

anyone here who has made disparaging comments about the v6 or gt needs to take a deep breath and reread the topic. i dont think the issue here is what is better...everyone is different...the issue is if its right to put gt badges on a v6. personally i think its rice...but thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

and mustangfun...i see nothing wrong with a mach one chin spoiler on a gt. ill probably get the grill delete and chin spoiler for my v6. the difference (to me) would be if i went and did those mods and THEN put a mach one badge on the car. its false advertising. a grill delete or some stripes are simply styling mods...but putting a badge on a car means that you are claiming its something its not.

anyone lighten up v6 owners...
Old 5/2/05, 02:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 2, 2005, 2:35 PM

I don't own a V-6 Mustang. If I did, I wouldn't put GT or Cobra badges on the car because it just isn't my style and I personally don't like it. I do have an issue with people being rude and referring to those who modify their cars in that manner as idiots or morons.

While nobody has said V-6's stink personal insults have been cast within this thread and I would think a mod would be concerned with this. In truth if somebody doesn't like the V-6 powered cars and wants to say so I could care less so long as they have the intellectual capacity to do so without the need to insult in an attempt to make their point. A car is just a car, people should receive a bit more consideration.
Old 5/2/05, 02:11 PM
GT Member

man, i really feel bad for you people that get so worked up about this that you demand a mod lock a topic. grow up.
Old 5/2/05, 02:14 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by mustangfun101@May 2, 2005, 1:36 PM
April, I knew you were going to love this one. In there thinking my Mach 1 grill delete and chin spoiler (which only came on the Mach 1) are just as bad. They might not say Mach 1 on them but it's obvious what they are, I'M SUCH A POSER!

Yea you loser...
Old 5/2/05, 02:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by futurestang@May 1, 2005, 3:38 PM
Seeing stripes and fogs on a V6 just makes me laugh, because it doesn't have the horsepower to make those things appropriate and I laugh at the owner's expense,
I found this pretty funny, especially since the 06 pony package will include fogs. Everyone here needs to relax a bit. Reading all this gave me a headache.
Old 5/2/05, 02:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 2, 2005, 2:35 PM

no I dont think V-6s owners are safe from bashing, but it happens all to often. Its not so much as what was typed but how it was typed
when was the last time a V-6 owner posted a thread about a GT owner who put a faux pony gas cap on his GT, or did spoiler delete accusing them of wanting their car to look like a V-6..\
Maybe my skin wouldnt be so thin if some GT owners would get off their high horses!!! I could have bought a GT, but then would not have been able to afford any mods! And I am sick of my cars being stock.
Old 5/2/05, 02:16 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Want some of my meds or a shot of sambuca?

Edit: That was mean't for Roy. I don't have enough for everyone.

Also, I don't think the V6's should get Fogs. That is one more thing that separates the looks of the GT from the V6. As far as stripes, who cares what they are on. Wait, they should not be on the old Ford stationwagon down the street from me, but he put them on it anyway.
Old 5/2/05, 02:17 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 2, 2005, 2:19 PM
Want some of my meds or a shot of sambuca?
Yo...
Jose Quervo is a friend of mine
I like to drink him with a little salt and lime
(that and some happy pills- some people here need to try em!)
Old 5/2/05, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL> We have gone over this same topic so many times now that everyone is repeating the same thing pretty much. Its time to mooove on. Lets face it, some think that they are better than others. This forum is for fun and education to the Mustangs. Here we are trying to change personalities of others. Its just not going to happen. Their will always be bashing of other cars just like there will always unfortunately be racism. We are not going to change people or the world through "The Mustang Source"....I dont believe....lol
Old 5/2/05, 02:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by StangFan@May 2, 2005, 3:14 PM
man, i really feel bad for you people that get so worked up about this that you demand a mod lock a topic. grow up.
I am going to assume that is in reference to me since it was posted immediately following my post. Did I ask the mod to lock the topic? No. Did I say people should not be able to state V-6's stink if they think so? No. I simply said that I don't believe personal insults should be tolerated on the forums. Do you disagree?
Old 5/2/05, 02:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by StangFan@May 2, 2005, 3:11 PM

ill FINALLY be getting my first mustang in a couple weeks (ive been saving for years) and it will be a sn-95. probably a v6 although im hoping i can get a good deal on a gt and insurance wont be bad. but more than likely ill be getting a v6, so this is coming from a future v6 owner...

as jessica said, nobody here has bashed v6s. nobody minds putting mods on them. what you guys arent understanding is that the author of this thread was mad ONLY because there were fake badges on the car. really no different than a ricer the other day who i saw with a honda integra

anyone here who has made disparaging comments about the v6 or gt needs to take a deep breath and reread the topic. i dont think the issue here is what is better...everyone is different...the issue is if its right to put gt badges on a v6. personally i think its rice...but thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

and mustangfun...i see nothing wrong with a mach one chin spoiler on a gt. ill probably get the grill delete and chin spoiler for my v6. the difference (to me) would be if i went and did those mods and THEN put a mach one badge on the car. its false advertising. a grill delete or some stripes are simply styling mods...but putting a badge on a car means that you are claiming its something its not.

no! this thread was started because the author made a mistake in writing a note that sounded rude to some people!
So if I put a "Mustang 2+2" badge on my car is it rice/wrong or is it something I like and maybe a tribute to the earlier Mustangs?????
Old 5/2/05, 02:22 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by kevinv-6@May 2, 2005, 2:19 PM
no I dont think V-6s owners are safe from bashing, but it happens all to often. Its not so much as what was typed but how it was typed
when was the last time a V-6 owner posted a thread about a GT owner who put a faux pony gas cap on his GT, or did spoiler delete accusing them of wanting their car to look like a V-6..\
Maybe my skin wouldnt be so thin if some GT owners would get off their high horses!!! I could have bought a GT, but then would not have been able to afford any mods! And I am sick of my cars being stock.
Um, some remove the GT badge and put the pony on there because that is what the OLD cars had, not because of the V6. Also, spoiler delete is an option on the GT, not because they want it to look like a V6. That is like saying some V6 owners order a spoiler to look like a GT.

Don't worry, once the buca kicks in I won't be able to type for a while and won't have any more responses to this thread....well....at least for tonight.
Old 5/2/05, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+May 2, 2005, 2:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ May 2, 2005, 2:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kevinv-6@May 2, 2005, 2:19 PM
Um, some remove the GT badge and put the pony on there because that is what the OLD cars had, not because of the V6. Also, spoiler delete is an option on the GT, not because they want it to look like a V6. That is like saying some V6 owners order a spoiler to look like a GT.

Don't worry, once the buca kicks in I won't be able to type for a while and won't have any more responses to this thread....well....at least for tonight.
[/b][/quote]

Why would anyone want to respond to this thread?!

Aw crap...I just went and did it. IDIOT!!
Old 5/2/05, 02:25 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kevinv-6+May 2, 2005, 2:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinv-6 @ May 2, 2005, 2:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-StangFan@May 2, 2005, 3:11 PM

no! this thread was started because the author made a mistake in writing a note that sounded rude to some people!
So if I put a "Mustang 2+2" badge on my car is it rice/wrong or is it something I like and maybe a tribute to the earlier Mustangs?????
[/b][/quote]

you may think its a tribute and it may be something you like. thats good for you. but at the same time, the very definition of rice is to represent something on your car that you dont have. no different than any stock civic with nos or eibach logos. now im not saying its wrong of you to do it. its your car and you can do whatever you wish with it. however if you did that be prepared to have other people asking why you would put that kind of badge on there.