2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 02:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@May 2, 2005, 2:19 PM
Want some of my meds or a shot of sambuca?

Edit: That was mean't for Roy. I don't have enough for everyone.

I think we all need some drinks, summer is around the corner, of course after we get some nice driving in.

Old 5/2/05, 02:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+May 2, 2005, 3:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ May 2, 2005, 3:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kevinv-6@May 2, 2005, 2:19 PM
no I dont think V-6s owners are safe from bashing, but it happens all to often. Its not so much as what was typed but how it was typed
when was the last time a V-6 owner posted a thread about a GT owner who put a faux pony gas cap on his GT, or did spoiler delete accusing them of wanting their car to look like a V-6..\
Maybe my skin wouldnt be so thin if some GT owners would get off their high horses!!! I could have bought a GT, but then would not have been able to afford any mods! And I am sick of my cars being stock.
Um, some remove the GT badge and put the pony on there because that is what the OLD cars had, not because of the V6. Also, spoiler delete is an option on the GT, not because they want it to look like a V6. That is like saying some V6 owners order a spoiler to look like a GT.

Don't worry, once the buca kicks in I won't be able to type for a while and won't have any more responses to this thread....well....at least for tonight.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly! That is my point everyone has there reasons for doing what ever they do.
And I dont think its right to "personnally" insult someone for doing it.
The author of this thread has said he didnt mean to come across rude and he was at work and didnt have the time to stay and talk to the guy so that is over.
Its the attitude that "I wouldnt do it so it shouldnt be done-Its rice" that drives me up a wall.
I personnally wouldnt put a GT badge on my V-6. I am not going to say it shouldnt be done either..oh well I wonder if this thread will ever die
Old 5/2/05, 02:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool

Originally posted by StangFan@May 2, 2005, 12:14 PM
man, i really feel bad for you people that get so worked up about this that you demand a mod lock a topic. grow up.
I agree...but it does make for good comedic reading while Im here at work . In My opinion (look I actually typed the word "opinion"...didn't do the "IMO" thingy !!! Hope I dont **** anyone off.... ) Anyway....Mod your car the way you want!! Who cares what other people think? I have a V6 and I love it...didn't even consider the GT...didn't need it... Ive done MANY mods...see pic...I, myself would not put GT badges on it because its not a GT. But thats me. As for the V6 bashing, I don't get it. Is it a power thing?? If it is then maybe some people need a history lesson in the Mustang. At 210hp the V6 has more power then a lot of the older stangs. The Hi-Po 289 in my 67 GTA only had 271 factory, are you gonna bash me for that?? Of course not... I put fogs on my 05...if ya look the fogs I put on it are way smaller than the original ones...the reasons 1- I didn't want it to look like the GT, and 2- I want to get the same look as my 67...why...because I like that look !! The point is do whatever mod ya want...its your car !!
Old 5/2/05, 02:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by StangFan+May 2, 2005, 3:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StangFan @ May 2, 2005, 3:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by kevinv-6@May 2, 2005, 2:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-StangFan
@May 2, 2005, 3:11 PM
wow, some of you v6 owners really need to quit being such babies.

ill FINALLY be getting my first mustang in a couple weeks (ive been saving for years) and it will be a sn-95. probably a v6 although im hoping i can get a good deal on a gt and insurance wont be bad. but more than likely ill be getting a v6, so this is coming from a future v6 owner...

as jessica said, nobody here has bashed v6s. nobody minds putting mods on them. what you guys arent understanding is that the author of this thread was mad ONLY because there were fake badges on the car. really no different than a ricer the other day who i saw with a honda integra

anyone here who has made disparaging comments about the v6 or gt needs to take a deep breath and reread the topic. i dont think the issue here is what is better...everyone is different...the issue is if its right to put gt badges on a v6. personally i think its rice...but thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

and mustangfun...i see nothing wrong with a mach one chin spoiler on a gt. ill probably get the grill delete and chin spoiler for my v6. the difference (to me) would be if i went and did those mods and THEN put a mach one badge on the car. its false advertising. a grill delete or some stripes are simply styling mods...but putting a badge on a car means that you are claiming its something its not.

anyone lighten up v6 owners...

no! this thread was started because the author made a mistake in writing a note that sounded rude to some people!
So if I put a "Mustang 2+2" badge on my car is it rice/wrong or is it something I like and maybe a tribute to the earlier Mustangs?????

you may think its a tribute and it may be something you like. thats good for you. but at the same time, the very definition of rice is to represent something on your car that you dont have. no different than any stock civic with nos or eibach logos. now im not saying its wrong of you to do it. its your car and you can do whatever you wish with it. however if you did that be prepared to have other people asking why you would put that kind of badge on there.
[/b][/quote]

but actually isnt the mustang still a 2+2? I wouldnt mind being questioned about it.
Old 5/2/05, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

you know me being an ex street racer, I would not put something past or outside the realm of possibility of someone taking a GT and swapping some parts out to make it look like a V6 imitating a GT....

Just a few ideas here, but if you take a GT and swap out the bumpers and side molding, add the V6 side stripes but retain the GT badging and swap out the seats from that of a V6. What you get is a classic street racing smack down.....

But then again you really need to know about street racing to be "in" on the scam.

Instead of pointing fingers and laughing, you might just be suprised at what is actually under the hood.....
Old 5/2/05, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

ok speaking of seat swap outs. Would it be wrong/rice/improper for me to take out my mustangmustangmustang cloth seats and replace them with the GT running ponies cloth??
Old 5/2/05, 02:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by kevinv-6@May 2, 2005, 2:53 PM
ok speaking of seat swap outs. Would it be wrong/rice/improper for me to take out my mustangmustangmustang cloth seats and replace them with the GT running ponies cloth??
Oh absolutely!
That would be making your six something she isn't
Old 5/2/05, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will an administrator please close this ridiculous thread??
Old 5/2/05, 02:52 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by wildstanglx90@May 2, 2005, 2:54 PM
You know its gonna happen...Why request it?
Old 5/2/05, 02:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well...It should've been closed 8 pages ago!
Old 5/2/05, 03:00 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by wildstanglx90@May 2, 2005, 3:02 PM
Well...It should've been closed 8 pages ago!
Give enough rope....

and bring the shovel.
Old 5/2/05, 03:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh, and I said P-O-S-E-R, not L-O-S-E-R. :cry:
Old 5/2/05, 03:27 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, I never thought that when I opened up this website out of my 'favorites' that this useless thread would still be at the top of the forum board. I read through most of it and noticed a few of 6-ers getting defensive and drawing a line in the sand against some of us GT owners. Please keep in mind that not all GT owners are ignorant enough to degrade others for personalizing their cars as they see fit. Many of us appreciate all the Mustangs and love the sense of community that the car brings to enthusiasts. Oh well, I've got another board to go check on, some of you know where I'm going. I'm done with this thread.

Old 5/2/05, 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I only got to page four, I just hope noone with a V6 gets mad at me for putting the v6 pony badge in back and remove the GT side badges.
Old 5/2/05, 03:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by MustangDan@May 2, 2005, 3:53 PM
I only got to page four, I just hope noone with a V6 gets mad at me for putting the v6 pony badge in back and remove the GT side badges.
Course not....Cause we don't get alll PC Betcha it will look great!
Old 5/2/05, 04:21 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kevinv-6@May 2, 2005, 2:53 PM
not at all, in my opinion anyway. put gt wheels, fogs, stripes or whatever on there if you think it would look good. i dont think anyone has a problem with that. i would only take issue if you did all those mods and then put a gt badge on even though you still had the 4.0 in there.

and as far as the 2+2 thing...you could go ahead and argue about that and you may be right...but you gotta admit a 2+2 badge is a little different than a gt badge.
Old 5/2/05, 04:23 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by wildstanglx90@May 2, 2005, 2:54 PM
this is what i dont understand...theres no personal insults, no attacks against v6 owners nothing like that...its a group of people with different opinions on a complex issue arguing their views.

are you that uncomfortable with seeing people respectfully argue that you need a mod to close this? if so maybe you should just quit reading the topic instead of complaining.
Old 5/2/05, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 2, 2005, 3:35 PM
So, a person is insecure because he doesnt think that a V6 should have badging of a GT?

By reading this thread, I have surmised the following:

A GT owner is NEVER allowed to say ANYTHING bad about a V6's mods, especially if it concerns fake badging. Once a GT owner has done such, they are insecure, rude, and bashing V6s.

A V6 owner can talk trash about GT owners all day long, because they are protected by the "Dont bash V6s" laws. Its like they have immunity.

A V6 owner can put GT badges on thier Mustang, and be exempt from any negative comments.

I dont buy fake jewlery, (such as Tiffany knocks offs, etc) I dont buy fake handbags (such as Chanel or Louis Vuitton knock offs). I dont wear cubic ziconia. The diamonds I own are small, but they are REAL. If I cant afford them, I buy what I can afford, and but would NEVER present anything that is fake as the real thing. In the case of my jewlery and handbags... if its something I really love, I save until I can buy it, and I buy it.

I am all for modifying your car, your body, your home, etc to make it your own. I am all for using your creativity to make something unique to you. What I dont like is posers. Be proud of who you are.

You know what people, I am tired of having to close threads because people have thin skin.

NO ONE said GTs are better than V6s. NO ONE said V6s stinks. NO ONE bashed V6s.

No, I wouldnt put GT badges on a V6. No, I wouldnt put Cobras on my GT. Why is that bashing anything? Its not. I think maybe some V6 owners need to thicken thier skin a bit, step back, and stop being so defensive.
You hit the nail right on the head, Jessica Rabbit! Great post!!
Old 5/2/05, 05:22 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Not gonna close the thread, but I will say this is all pointless.
Old 5/2/05, 05:24 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Scothew@May 2, 2005, 5:25 PM
Not gonna close the thread, but I will say this is all pointless.

Its a buncha buncha.... and and

Really!

But I will sit here until I am blue in the face defending what I believe in. And they will sit here and do the same until Doomsday.....I outta listen to my mama sometimes.