LOL tis ok... all is forgivin' !
Reminds me of a shirt I saw the other day:

DO YOU NEED TO TAKE MORE MEDS?
OR DO I?

Old 5/2/05, 12:27 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GhostTX+May 2, 2005, 9:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ May 2, 2005, 9:35 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@May 2, 2005, 8:04 AM
Since I obviously can't "afford" a gt, and the things I do for ME are "rice" cause I liked it well........I won't go into detail on what I think of that load of BS.
have a thousand happy times discussing your compensating for that thing you lack v8 mustang and have a merry old time doing that thing you all do so well!
For some reason...I knew April would light up.

As far as your car, April. You are not hiding it nor pretending its something else. In fact, I do believe I teased you about it when you first posted that Cobra emblem on your way to "rice". Quaint stuff like that is obviously a decoration and/or personalization. You still have every indication that its a V6.
[/b][/quote]

Well...Ellie is a Fauxbra. Ask me anytime, and I will tell you the same.I take her to car shows and sit by her so I can tell everyone shes my fauxbra and not real. I have never answered YES when someone asks.....I point out that she's a sixer and my snakes are backwards for a reason. I call her my baby mustang, and I am quite proud of her. I love that car dearly, and she is almost exactly what I was dreaming of for the 8 months I didn't have her. I don't want performance mods, I don't wanna go faster and I certainly don't want to pay zero deductible insurance on a Gt.
Shes also Jack Roush Signed- that doesn't make her a Roush- and you won't see me pretending either.
So going by the vein- with the "big ole Gts" Is a Gt300 not a made up mustang as well? I mean there is no such thing... Or that hideous excuse for a mustang I spied at the big show? A gt300R with Cobra badging and the motortrend magazine so he could pretend it was a shelby? Its frigging ridiculous. Why the Frig can't I just have a car I love without all the Big boys disputing my bra size?
And Of course I have no *********, so its impossible for me to have a teeny weenie. So point ahead, I am real and I am spectacular.
Old 5/2/05, 12:29 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by kevinv-6+May 2, 2005, 11:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinv-6 @ May 2, 2005, 11:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Enfynet@May 2, 2005, 12:36 PM
adrenaline, I think you mean "enthusiasses" ... This is turning into a Cedar Point vs Six Flags Magic Mountain debate I'm used to seeing between 14 year olds on RollerCoaster Tycoon sites...
but Kraken at seaworld orlando is better!!
[/b][/quote]
Nah- uh. Dueling Dragons at Universal is...
Old 5/2/05, 12:59 PM
Banned

futurestang you need to take a chill pill! Let people do what they want with their OWN cars. They bought them not you... Not all people can afford to buy a GT.

Personally I am buying a GT 500 Cobra and it does not bother me a bit if someone would paste a cobra emblem on their GT. I know that I have the real thing!

Sound like your a little insecure?
Old 5/2/05, 01:13 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine,May 2, 2005, 12:30 PM

So going by the vein- with the "big ole Gts" Is a Gt300 not a made up mustang as well? I mean there is no such thing...
[/quote]

GT300, well there is such a thing. The GT has 300 hp and that is all that stripe means. Sure they was a GT 350 and a GT 500, the reason mine says GT350 is because with my mods I hope to reach 350 at the rear wheel and if I don't oh well, at least I have 350 at the engine

Having stickers that say GT300 is not the same as putting stuff on a car that it simply is not. Any GT owner that puts GT300 on the rocker panel is not trying to say the car is something that it is not. It is a GT and it does have 300 hp.

darn, where are my meds.......
Old 5/2/05, 01:15 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by wakerider017@May 2, 2005, 1:02 PM

Personally I am buying a GT 500 Cobra and it does not bother me a bit if someone would paste a cobra emblem on their GT. I know that I have the real thing!

I'm jealous. :worship: :worship: :worship: so now I have to try to modify my car and pick on yours so I can feel better. j/k I am now thinking I should have waited for the Cobra.
Old 5/2/05, 01:19 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by adrenalin,May 2, 2005, 1:16 PM
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine,May 2, 2005, 12:30 PM

So going by the vein- with the "big ole Gts" Is a Gt300 not a made up mustang as well? I mean there is no such thing...
GT300, well there is such a thing. The GT has 300 hp and that is all that stripe means. Sure they was a GT 350 and a GT 500, the reason mine says GT350 is because with my mods I hope to reach 350 at the rear wheel and if I don't oh well, at least I have 350 at the engine

Having stickers that say GT300 is not the same as putting stuff on a car that it simply is not. Any GT owner that puts GT300 on the rocker panel is not trying to say the car is something that it is not. It is a GT and it does have 300 hp.

darn, where are my meds.......
[/quote]

Why would I dare put down one of the top five est cars on TMS? I love your car.
Old 5/2/05, 01:32 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

So, a person is insecure because he doesnt think that a V6 should have badging of a GT?

By reading this thread, I have surmised the following:

A GT owner is NEVER allowed to say ANYTHING bad about a V6's mods, especially if it concerns fake badging. Once a GT owner has done such, they are insecure, rude, and bashing V6s.

A V6 owner can talk trash about GT owners all day long, because they are protected by the "Dont bash V6s" laws. Its like they have immunity.

A V6 owner can put GT badges on thier Mustang, and be exempt from any negative comments.

I dont buy fake jewlery, (such as Tiffany knocks offs, etc) I dont buy fake handbags (such as Chanel or Louis Vuitton knock offs). I dont wear cubic ziconia. The diamonds I own are small, but they are REAL. If I cant afford them, I buy what I can afford, and but would NEVER present anything that is fake as the real thing. In the case of my jewlery and handbags... if its something I really love, I save until I can buy it, and I buy it.

I am all for modifying your car, your body, your home, etc to make it your own. I am all for using your creativity to make something unique to you. What I dont like is posers. Be proud of who you are.

You know what people, I am tired of having to close threads because people have thin skin.

NO ONE said GTs are better than V6s. NO ONE said V6s stinks. NO ONE bashed V6s.

No, I wouldnt put GT badges on a V6. No, I wouldnt put Cobras on my GT. Why is that bashing anything? Its not. I think maybe some V6 owners need to thicken thier skin a bit, step back, and stop being so defensive.
Old 5/2/05, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by future9er24@May 1, 2005, 8:54 PM
I feel the same way about cobra/shelby clones. it bugs me when fake shelbys have shelby stuff on em.
Alright, but here is a dilemma for you. I recall reading an article once where a guy wanted a modified GT500 (well before the 60 Seconds rage btw and this was a 68, not a 67), and the mods he wanted were so radical you were essentially going to have to cut the car to pieces to get there.

So, should he have cut up the real thing? Would that have made the purists happy? In the article the guy actually discussed those who gave him a hard time for having a clone or fake, and he replied the same very time.

He simply indicated that he had more than enough money to buy the real thing and then hack it to pieces to make the car he wanted if that would have made them happy. Of course, the typical reaction was a snort of contempt but you get the point.

I find these arguments ridiculous. If a car makes somebody happy more power to them. The only car I worry about regarding taste and execution is my own.
Old 5/2/05, 01:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

April, I knew you were going to love this one. In there thinking my Mach 1 grill delete and chin spoiler (which only came on the Mach 1) are just as bad. They might not say Mach 1 on them but it's obvious what they are, I'M SUCH A POSER!
Old 5/2/05, 01:39 PM
V6 Member

Can't really understand why everyone is reacting so strongly to this V6/GT thing. When it's all said and done they're just cars and nothing more. Don't get me wrong I've own (still do) a 90 GT HB for 11 years and I'm reluctant to get rid of it, I love that car but it's still a car nothing more. My self worth and value isn't derived from what I'm driving and likewise I don't determine yours by what you're driving. Frankly, I don't care what a person does to their car cause at the end of the day it has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever.

Now that I know there are people out there who hate fake GT's, I might just put some on my V6, cause one thing I do like doing is upsetting people who freak out over the unimportant stuff in life.

Someone lock this thread cause I'm losing control and I'm at work and bored.
Old 5/2/05, 01:44 PM
GTR Member

here is my view

V6 is a good cheap daily driver (not for me though)
GT emblems should not be on a V6, stripes look nice though
V6 and GT are both beautiful cars in person
Old 5/2/05, 01:47 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine,May 2, 2005, 1:22 PM
[/quote]

I know you wouldn't. I was just trying to clear up why, or at least why, I put the GT350 rocker stripes on my car. Oh oh, that means I am defending my car. Crap, now I am falling victim to the "why mod your car" issue. I knew these meds were not going to work. Guess I'll have to go back to the stuff that works. Sambuca. Now, no matter what anyone says about my car won't bug me
Old 5/2/05, 01:48 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@May 2, 2005, 2:35 PM
So, a person is insecure because he doesnt think that a V6 should have badging of a GT?

By reading this thread, I have surmised the following:

A GT owner is NEVER allowed to say ANYTHING bad about a V6's mods, especially if it concerns fake badging. Once a GT owner has done such, they are insecure, rude, and bashing V6s.

A V6 owner can talk trash about GT owners all day long, because they are protected by the "Dont bash V6s" laws. Its like they have immunity.

A V6 owner can put GT badges on thier Mustang, and be exempt from any negative comments.

I dont buy fake jewlery, (such as Tiffany knocks offs, etc) I dont buy fake handbags (such as Chanel or Louis Vuitton knock offs). I dont wear cubic ziconia. The diamonds I own are small, but they are REAL. If I cant afford them, I buy what I can afford, and but would NEVER present anything that is fake as the real thing. In the case of my jewlery and handbags... if its something I really love, I save until I can buy it, and I buy it.

I am all for modifying your car, your body, your home, etc to make it your own. I am all for using your creativity to make something unique to you. What I dont like is posers. Be proud of who you are.

You know what people, I am tired of having to close threads because people have thin skin.

NO ONE said GTs are better than V6s. NO ONE said V6s stinks. NO ONE bashed V6s.

No, I wouldnt put GT badges on a V6. No, I wouldnt put Cobras on my GT. Why is that bashing anything? Its not. I think maybe some V6 owners need to thicken thier skin a bit, step back, and stop being so defensive.
very true, no one in this thread (so far) is gonna be banned for what they said in this thread (so far) but i do think the V6 is not a race car, but a nice daily driver, but V6 owners are so quick to jump on GT supporters
Old 5/2/05, 01:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

All I want to know is who is going to write tickets for the V6's with GT items on them??? Oh, you can't......there's no law against doing it!!

I think how funny it is people over-react to this kind of thing. There is soooooo much going on in the world and this is what "you" are concerned with??? V6 Mustangs are nice cars no matter what.....unless it's riced out.
Old 5/2/05, 01:52 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally Posted by Fordracing200,May 2, 2005, 1:51 PM
very true, no one in this thread (so far) is gonna be banned for what they said in this thread (so far) but i do think the V6 is not a race car, but a nice daily driver, but V6 owners are so quick to jump on GT supporters
[/quote]

Hey, I take offense to that....nobody has jumped on me yet.
Old 5/2/05, 01:58 PM
V6 Member

"If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, quacks like a duck.....
It must be a duck"

It looks like a v6, acts like a v6, and sounds like a v6....it IS a v6.
(not a GT)

IMO
Old 5/2/05, 01:59 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by adrenalin,May 2, 2005, 1:50 PM
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine,May 2, 2005, 1:22 PM
I know you wouldn't. I was just trying to clear up why, or at least why, I put the GT350 rocker stripes on my car. Oh oh, that means I am defending my car. Crap, now I am falling victim to the "why mod your car" issue. I knew these meds were not going to work. Guess I'll have to go back to the stuff that works. Sambuca. Now, no matter what anyone says about my car won't bug me
[/quote]

Blast... You outta try my meds. They work really well.