2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

V6 "GT"s

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 11:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't put Mach 1 badging on my car. I wouldn't put BOSS badging on my car. I wouldn't put Cobra badging on my car. The only badging I might change is the GT faux gas cap. That's not pretending to be a V6, because I still have the GT badges on the sides.

To be honest, if someone even noticed me mimicking a Mach 1, I'd be flattered they knew what look I was going for. But if my car doesn't say "Mach 1" on it, why should I be upset? I wouldn't be pretending it was something it wasn't...

And for those that feel I did this because I think I'm "better" than that person, I didn't ever say I was better because I bought a GT. I never IMPLIED that I was better because I bought a GT. I asked why they didn't... Like I said before, maybe they thought they did.
Old 5/2/05, 11:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't really understand why everyone is making such a big deal out of this. No one has bashed V6s. No one has said you shouldn't mod. I don't really know why everyone gets so offended so easily around here. In the end, if you like your car, who really cares what other people think, and why get so bent out of shape. But I agree with the idea that it is a little over-the-top to put "GT" emblems on a V6. And as for bashing someone that wants stripes or Mach 1 wheels and claiming they are being hypocritical, there is an enormous difference between sprucing it up with wheels and stripes and actually placing "Mach 1" badges on it.

Once again, I could care less, as should you all, but I felt the need to point out a fallacy in the comparison of adding stripes, wheels, spoilers, etc. and actually putting badging from another type of car on your own.
Old 5/2/05, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Then who cares if someone wants to put GT badges on their V6. I certainly don't care. It is the fact that this guy was willing to wait for the other guy and putting a note saying "nice try why didn't you get a GT". If he did not want to come across looking like he was rude then he should of not put a note or worded it differently. You have to watch the wording because people don't know you and they can't see how you say things in a note.

WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE DO TO THERE CARS!!!!

This excludes ricers
Old 5/2/05, 11:29 AM

Maybe I should go out and buy late 60's camaro badges to replace all the pony badges on my car. And maybe a couple SS badges to replace my GT badges... :scratch:
Old 5/2/05, 11:30 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 2, 2005, 8:04 AM
All righty then.
I have just received the confirmation I have been waiting to hear...My suspicions are absolutely true.
TMS has went from what was an absolute joy waiting on the 05 to get here to a huge stinking pit of my gt is bigger than your v6 so your car isn't worth the time of day forum.

Taking a deep breath....... :ranting:

April, I agree with you but I knew from day one that there would be a lot of bashing going on, afterall, it has been like that with mustang owners for years. Sure I have joked, yes joked around with some people, including yourself with the snakes but I think that is different. I have nothing against the V6. What I don't understand is when someone says "I can't afford the GT" and then spends thousands on the V6 to make it look like a GT. I do know a person in town that bought a V6 for that reason, but now that he has finished his mods he only saved a little over $1,000.00 compared to actually buying the GT. Does insurance come into play here? Not for him since the GT would only run him $100.00/year more.

My point is, there will always be bashing, jealousy etc between car owners. Why? I have no flipin idea and it p!sses me off. Sure I don't like what some people do to their cars (such as slapping the word mustang across the front windshield) but that is their choice, just as what I do to my car is my choice. I have learned that if you ASK someone for their opinion, they will give it to you even if you don't like it. If they don't ask then you should keep your trap shut.

I just don't understand why so many people that like the Mustang can bash other mustang enthusiasts (did I even spell that right). There is always a fine line when it comes to commenting on someone's ride and quite often, especially on a forum people cross that line.
Old 5/2/05, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 2, 2005, 1:19 PM
I wouldn't put Mach 1 badging on my car. I wouldn't put BOSS badging on my car. I wouldn't put Cobra badging on my car. The only badging I might change is the GT faux gas cap. That's not pretending to be a V6, because I still have the GT badges on the sides.

To be honest, if someone even noticed me mimicking a Mach 1, I'd be flattered they knew what look I was going for. But if my car doesn't say "Mach 1" on it, why should I be upset? I wouldn't be pretending it was something it wasn't...

And for those that feel I did this because I think I'm "better" than that person, I didn't ever say I was better because I bought a GT. I never IMPLIED that I was better because I bought a GT. I asked why they didn't... Like I said before, maybe they thought they did.
In my opinion if you put a badge on there or not it makes no difference. You are still going for the look of a Mach 1. Anyone that would look at your car would know that too.

When you see a white person you know that they are white. They dont need a badge that says white right? Right.

So where is your point?

Badge or not so what!?!

By the way, everyone makes mistakes so dont worry about it. Just learn from them. I think you just started something here that is a sensitive topic. Too sensitive to touch. Life goes on and I think we all need to go on and have fun here. No hard feelings toward you or anyone else. We all do and say things that just make no sense and sometimes its just too hard and too late to take it back. No biggie!
Old 5/2/05, 11:33 AM

adrenaline, I think you mean "enthusiasses" ... This is turning into a Cedar Point vs Six Flags Magic Mountain debate I'm used to seeing between 14 year olds on RollerCoaster Tycoon sites...
Old 5/2/05, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I think its pretty obvious that if someone did any type of mods on their car, they OBVIOUSLY thought it looked good, at least to them. So, when you put down someones car, it will more then likely spark a nerve.... and maybe even hurt some feelings.
Old 5/2/05, 11:44 AM

The Dodge emblem fell off my mom's minivan. Maybe I should put that on the faux gas cap. Then I'll have the new Charger.
Old 5/2/05, 11:46 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 2, 2005, 12:47 PM
The Dodge emblem fell off my mom's minivan. Maybe I should put that on the faux gas cap. Then I'll have the new Charger.

they do look the same!
Old 5/2/05, 11:46 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 2, 2005, 11:36 AM
adrenaline, I think you mean "enthusiasses" ... This is turning into a Cedar Point vs Six Flags Magic Mountain debate I'm used to seeing between 14 year olds on RollerCoaster Tycoon sites...
My name is Adrenalin, not adrenaline. I am not adding an "e" onto my name and trying to be something I am not
Old 5/2/05, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+May 2, 2005, 11:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ May 2, 2005, 11:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Enfynet@May 2, 2005, 11:36 AM
My name is Adrenalin, not adrenaline. I am not adding an "e" onto my name and trying to be something I am not
[/b][/quote]

Old 5/2/05, 11:48 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 2, 2005, 12:36 PM
but Kraken at seaworld orlando is better!!
Old 5/2/05, 11:50 AM

So I can't spell. :bang:
Old 5/2/05, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+May 2, 2005, 1:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ May 2, 2005, 1:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Enfynet@May 2, 2005, 11:36 AM
[/b][/quote]

LMAO. Great sense of humor. I love it. Good one.
Old 5/2/05, 11:53 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by Enfynet@May 2, 2005, 11:53 AM
So I can't spell. :bang:

I was just kidding with you Enfynet There are 2 ways to spell it.
Adrenalin - masculin
Adrenaline - Feminine
Old 5/2/05, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+May 2, 2005, 1:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ May 2, 2005, 1:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Enfynet@May 2, 2005, 11:36 AM
[/b][/quote]

LMAO. Great sense of humor. I love it. Good one.

We dont need no one to bash you or leave a nasty note in your inbox....for being something your not. lol
Old 5/2/05, 11:58 AM

I spelled "infinite" wrong when I registered... :R:
Old 5/2/05, 11:58 AM
Retired Tms Staff

As Popeye once said "I am what I am and that's all that I am, the guy with no e at the end" toot toot
Old 5/2/05, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 2, 2005, 12:01 PM
As Popeye once said "I am what I am and that's all that I am, the guy with no e at the end" toot toot

But Popeye does have an E at the end :scratch: