2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/06, 05:40 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Atlanta, Georgia... my car is only about 6 hours away!
Old 3/3/06, 06:08 AM
GTR Member

I was reading through this thread from the beginning.

Susan... here was my bet: "I bet you have the same produced, released, and shipped dates." I was right!

Bill... you said something about Baltimore stripes? and tint to get rid of the "fishbowl effect"?

Did you guys ever go here to check out the sequential taillights? www.meter4it.com
Old 3/3/06, 06:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 6:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow! Atlanta, Georgia... my car is only about 6 hours away!
[/b][/quote]
Congrats ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] She is almost home.
D A M N That HARE ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

OK I feel stupid, what are Baltimore Stripes ?
Old 3/3/06, 06:49 AM
GTR Member

I keep checking yours, too. Online and on CSX. It has to start moving soon!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 3, 2006, 8:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>what are Baltimore Stripes ?[/b][/quote]That's what I hope to find out.
Old 3/3/06, 07:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 7:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I keep checking yours, too. Online and on CSX. It has to start moving soon!
[/b][/quote]
You would think, but I am beginning to wonder.
I think she has found a boyfriend in KC. lol [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 07:28 AM

Well, I got some good news last night. On my way home from work, I decided to call ERL and see what she had to say. She told me that my car was shipped out on Feb 24th, and the estimated week of arrival is the week of March 2nd! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] I wonder why Kzinti didn't have that information?

Anyway, I didn't believe ERL, so I called my dealership, and they confirmed it. They told me that they wouldn't be surprised if it showed up today (Friday) or Saturday. Sweet!

(Ok, I hope I don't come across as rubbing it in that I may be getting my pony this weekend. I'm just so excited and I had to tell someone.)
Old 3/3/06, 07:35 AM
GTR Member

That's great! Mine will hopefully be in on Monday, and Daryl's hopefully won't be too far behind that!

Kzinti sometimes has a huge lag in his system. Sometimes up to a week.
Old 3/3/06, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow - all this good news! Tom, why did you take all your links out of your signature? I think your car may be to you before Monday. What do I owe you for the bet?

Shane - congrats!

Will we have to move to a new thread outside of "ponies on order"?
Old 3/3/06, 08:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 5:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill... you said something about Baltimore stripes? and tint to get rid of the "fishbowl effect"?

Did you guys ever go here to check out the sequential taillights? www.meter4it.com
[/b][/quote]
GRAPHICS
Baltimore Street Mods sells pre-cut 10" vinyl racing stripes. Many of our TMS Members have used them and all have said it's quality stuff. Baltimore Street Mods
Of course, I don't think I have the necessary talent to install these, so when the time comes, I'll be looking for a qualified installer for the job. Be careful!, one of our members hired a 'professional' to install vinyl stripes on his new 2006 Vista Blue GT (not a Baltimore kit) and this is what happened... Albireo's disaster
Lessons learned, ALWAYS check your installer's work quality first!
Good new for Albireo's GT is that he's currently getting the stripes painted on now (had to paint anyway to repair the damage).

Want to see what your Mustang will look striped? click here

WINDOW TINT
Fishbowl: people in cars with no tint [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Will be tinting mine possibly later this month. I'll be going with Solar Guard HP Charcoal film. 32% up front and rear quarters, and either 22 or 13% on the back window. I'm chose to go with the same percentage for the sides because it'll give it an 'even' look. My wife's cousin owns a tint shop and this is the type of film he uses, not to mention my 'family' discount! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Solar Guard tint shades

On the subject of tint, make sure your installer puts felt on the inside of the two front windows to prevent scratching of the tint when rolling the window up and down. Ford, in their infinite wisdom, decided to but a 'hard' rubber wiper, which traps dirt and other stuff which WILL scratch your tint. If they never heard of doing this, find another tint shop.

SEQUENTIAL TAILLIGHTS
I'm planning on doing this mod later on.
Better call Meter4it first before ordering. I've read in an older post that the kit they sell is NOT compatible with our 06 wiring. Something changed in the plugs/harness between 05 and 06.
I do believe that the Webelectric kit is compatible with 06's.
Old 3/3/06, 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

You are a wealth of knowledge [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Tom - I promise we were trying to get your measurements last night and we couldn't find our tape measure. We may have left it at the house under construction. I am trying. I know you're getting frustrated with me. I hope I get you your info before you have your car! But I guess from your perspective, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Old 3/3/06, 09:05 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 3, 2006, 7:50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You are a wealth of knowledge [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Me? Nah, I just spend way too much time on TMS! Knowledge is just a byproduct of that. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

I too was thinking about us moving to another section once all the gang gets their ponys. I guess until the moderators kick us out onto the curb, we'll hang out here!
Old 3/3/06, 09:11 AM
GTR Member

Busy cutting some springs (ghetto!). I'll post pics in an hour or so... some of me, too! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 09:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congrats Shane [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Any bets on when I get to pick mine up? ETA is 03/06/06 @ 05:00.
Any chance of a Monday pick-up or are all odds on Tuesday?
Stupid weather, gotta % chance of rain everyday but Monday.
We need rain, but I don't want rain everyday of the first week that I get the car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I thought Baltimore Stripes were a design not a brand lol [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

And you guys will see my ugly mug when I get my car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 10:04 AM
GTR Member

Did you see how the sequential kit I have also "Chases"... it looks pretty cool! I found out the only problem with the '06 is that they filled the sockets with resin or something, so you have to dig it out to make a connection.

The spring cut was a huge success! His car looks great... nice and even... and it was free!

[attachmentid=46283]One cut, one not cut. Me caught off gaurd while talking. Wearing my Chevy work shirt.

[attachmentid=46284]The work.

[attachmentid=46285]The upper coil. Not much, but lowers the rear about 9/16".

[attachmentid=46286]Mike measuring the difference. Rear is only 1/4" higher than the front now.

[attachmentid=46287]The test drive.
Old 3/3/06, 10:11 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 9:07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The spring cut was a huge success! His car looks great... nice and even... and it was free!
[/b][/quote]
Can't beat the 'free' part, that's for sure! Drop looks good too!
Got a pic of the side view?

Who's GT is that?

And, we finally get a face to the name! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/photo.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 10:19 AM
GTR Member

Was looking for a side view... hard to tell because of the shadows, but it is a much better stance than before. Hard to believe that little bit makes such a huge difference.

I will do this same thing. Then down the road I will probably get the Ultralight Kit.

[attachmentid=46288]

My friend, Mike's, GT...

We do 20% tinting all the way around down here.

Legal is 20% rear, 35% front... but oh well!
Old 3/3/06, 10:20 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 9:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Was looking for a side view... hard to tell because of the shadows, but it is a much better stance than before. Hard to believe that little bit makes such a huge difference.
[/b][/quote]
I can tell the difference, really looks good.

You must be pretty good friends having him trust you to cut off a coil!

Good job! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 10:29 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 3, 2006, 12:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I can tell the difference, really looks good.

You must be pretty good friends having him trust you to cut off a coil!

Good job! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Thanks!

We have worked together for 6 years now at Disney. He knows I'm very picky when it comes to my cars...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 3, 2006, 10:05 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow - all this good news! Tom, why did you take all your links out of your signature? I think your car may be to you before Monday. What do I owe you for the bet? Will we have to move to a new thread outside of "ponies on order"?[/b][/quote]I wanted to clean up my signature a little. They'll be in my album when I get the new car.

Not sure what you owe me. Lunch when I come to drive your car.

As long as we have at least one person here with a "Pony on Order", we can stay here! Unless you want to move to a new thread.
Old 3/3/06, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

TMS is dangerous. I am loving all these mods. It makes me want to spend $$$. That's a pretty silver car.

What do you do at Disney? Whatever it is, must be nice to have Friday's off [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 10:44 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 3, 2006, 12:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>What do you do at Disney? Whatever it is, must be nice to have Friday's off [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Actually, I work 2nd shift (by choice) and I have off on Wednesdays and Thursdays. And I have every morning off (I start at 2:45pm). I could have Fri and Sat off if I was on 3rd shift.

My title is a "Ride & Show Tech". I work at Animal Kingdom mostly on the Kali River Rapid ride, but have been trecking over to the new Expedition Everest roller coaster now that it is up and running (a lot to learn on that ride).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 3, 2006, 12:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>TMS is dangerous. I am loving all these mods.[/b][/quote]I want to get a hood scoop like his (painted white, not black) and the side scoops. The "classic chin spoiler" looks really good and fits perfectly. Don't know if I should leave it black to match the top or if I should have it painted the body color.

Quick Reply: Ponies on order