2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/06, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 2, 2006, 2:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Take some more pics later in different light so see if that orange hue goes away.[/b][/quote]I am due to take more pictures. Hopefully after the Zaino project this weekend. I want better dash pics with the steering wheel straight. I promise it is red.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 2, 2006, 2:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>No prob. big sis! (you're older by 1 day). Just watch my back too![/b][/quote]Thought you might be making an age crack at me. I've got your back on the sister cars and the torch red. I'll have to have Tom's back on the 'vert.
Old 3/2/06, 01:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 2, 2006, 12:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thought you might be making an age crack at me. I've got your back on the sister cars and the torch red. I'll have to have Tom's back on the 'vert.
[/b][/quote]
Age crack?, not me! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
After all, I'm a month and twelve days OLDER than you!

My weekend plans: Install my Steeda Ultralite lowering springs (hopefully!). Wish me luck.
Old 3/2/06, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh, that reminds me - Chris didn't think we needed to lower, until he saw it. Now he's saying he's pretty sure he's going to do the springs thing.
Old 3/2/06, 01:45 PM

Hey Trooper, thanks for the invitation to this forum.

I was reviewing a few of the posts here, and see that there was some discussion about my car and it being held for quality concerns. Are the cars usually sent out immediately after they're built? Is that why mine throws up a flag, because it hasn't been shipped yet? I hope not. I mean, I'm patient (been waiting almost 6 months now), but I don't know how much longer I can take it.

You should've seen me yesterday showing off my window sticker to anyone I could find! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 01:56 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 2, 2006, 3:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Oh, that reminds me - Chris didn't think we needed to lower, until he saw it. Now he's saying he's pretty sure he's going to do the springs thing.[/b][/quote]Can we all say 4x4? I will want to so bad, too! I really don't want to mess up camber and toe (not many good places around here to get it aligned).

And watch that panhard bar... it will shift the rear end over close to 1/4" when you lower it. They make adjustable panhard bars to re-center the rearend properly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skoster @ March 2, 2006, 3:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Trooper, thanks for the invitation to this forum.

I was reviewing a few of the posts here, and see that there was some discussion about my car and it being held for quality concerns. Are the cars usually sent out immediately after they're built? Is that why mine throws up a flag, because it hasn't been shipped yet? I hope not. I mean, I'm patient (been waiting almost 6 months now), but I don't know how much longer I can take it.

You should've seen me yesterday showing off my window sticker to anyone I could find! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Mine was held for 1 month and 1 day for a quality inspection. I don't know (and probably will never know) if there was actually anything wrong with it or if it was just random.

Usually, cars ship the day they are built or very close to that. There is also a lag in the system, so you may not find out for a week that it shipped right after it was built.

I hope yours shipped already, but I guess having the car double checked is a good thing... but I know how you feel about waiting!
Old 3/2/06, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome, Shane. You'll have to talk to Tom about quality holds. Unfortunately ( [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] ) he knows all about them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 2, 2006, 2:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>And watch that panhard bar... it will shift the rear end over close to 1/4" when you lower it. They make adjustable panhard bars to re-center the rearend properly.[/b][/quote]Ok, now you are speaking Greek to me. You know y'all could just make up words and I would believe you. If I go home tonight talking to Chris about the "panhard bars" and he laughs at me I'm going to Kentucky to track down one white convertible.
Old 3/2/06, 02:09 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 2, 2006, 3:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>My weekend plans: Install my Steeda Ultralite lowering springs (hopefully!). Wish me luck.[/b][/quote]Tell us how it goes! And we need some "after" pics!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 2, 2006, 4:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, now you are speaking Greek to me. You know y'all could just make up words and I would believe you. If I go home tonight talking to Chris about the "panhard bars" and he laughs at me I'm going to Kentucky to track down one white convertible.[/b][/quote]Pre '05 was a very awkward rear suspension setup with the 2 top angled control arms. Now it is much better with a "panhard bar" that locates the rear axle. One side of the bar connects to the axle and the other connects to the frame. As you lower the car, the distance between these 2 points changes and moves the rear axle over. The adjustable bar has two heim ends that allow you to re-locate the rearend to it's proper place.

Just an example of one:

http://www.lmperformance.com/5283/73.html
Old 3/2/06, 02:23 PM

Welcome aboard, Shane! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/welcome3.gif[/img]
As you can see, we're all a bit on the nutty side, but we're cool people.

As far as my Steeda drop, I'm forcasting a 7/8" drop up front and 1 1/4" in the rear. I've read that since the drop is minimal up front, additional camber bolts (or plates) may not be required. I do have the Eibach camber bolts just in case.

I'll measure the axle shift (before and after), then determine if I'll need to drop some bank on a panhard bar (most likely the one from BMR).

There's a few pics of some 05/06's dropped with Steeda springs; I'll see if I can find some.

BTW- the Ultralites have a low unsprung weight coil, supposed to give a more 'comfortable' ride compared to the 'Sport' models.
Old 3/2/06, 02:23 PM
GTR Member

Well, I'm off to my Thursday night Car Show. Can't wait to check for updates tonight!
Old 3/2/06, 02:36 PM
Bullitt Member

looks like April 21st 2005 was a good day for you and Shelly! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 02:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/welcome3.gif[/img] Shane [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/welcome3.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 02:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 2, 2006, 1:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
There's a few pics of some 05/06's dropped with Steeda springs; I'll see if I can find some.
[/b][/quote]
Pics courtesy of:

THUMP_RRR

ETNOATS

CAJUNDINO

U-GOT-STANG

This is the drop I'm hoping to achieve! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 03:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just seen this advertisement on the internet.
"IF YOU THINK YOU ARE COOL BECAUSE YOU DRIVE A NEW MUSTANG
YOU ARE SHALLOW

BUT YOU ARE STILL COOL !!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 03:15 PM
Bullitt Member

why don't they come like that? Seems like everyone is lowering.

I'm cool. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]

Where did you see the ad?
Old 3/2/06, 03:16 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 2, 2006, 2:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Looks pretty cool, huh?
Old 3/2/06, 03:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 2, 2006, 4:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I'm cool. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]

Where did you see the ad?
[/b][/quote]
The owner of the company I work for had some questions about a couple spreadsheets and I was back in his office and it was on his comp.

I desperately want to be cool too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 03:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Happy Birthday to TONY !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Tom Tennessee, woot. Looks like the Tortoise is gonna win again. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 03:51 PM

Wow, I really feel important. Just checked BOF, and Kzinti posted TWO updates for me! Unfortunately, we still don't know anything new. Why can't my car be stuck here in Kansas City like everyone else's seems to be?! (I live here, so it would at least be within reach!) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 03:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skoster @ March 2, 2006, 4:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wow, I really feel important. Just checked BOF, and Kzinti posted TWO updates for me! Unfortunately, we still don't know anything new. Why can't my car be stuck here in Kansas City like everyone else's seems to be?! (I live here, so it would at least be within reach!) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
If I could drive up there to get mine don't think for a second that I wouldn't lol [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skoster @ March 2, 2006, 4:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]I think that would be worse - to have it that close and not be able to get it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

<span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TONY!!!</span></span> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

AHA! We have a name. Nice to meet you, Daryl!

Quick Reply: Ponies on order