2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/04, 11:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So wait, FORD says to switch from 18G to 18R and the side airbags won't process with the 18R they are recommending you to switch to? So not only are they leaving all the IUP people up the proverbial creek but all those waiting for side airbags too? Sounds like FORD was hit with quite a curve ball. Hopefully in February they will have this worked out one way or another. I want my car, I can wait, but I'd like to know just what type of option equipped car I am waiting for.
Old 12/20/04, 11:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@December 20, 2004, 12:04 PM
wait wait wait....

If your build date is TODAY...what would everyone's guess be on a GT ordered with IUP? Yey or Nay?

Oh, and to the guy who said this isn't a english paper...it makes you seem ignorant when you do not use correct spelling and/or grammar. Try communicating with intelligence. It is easier on everyone's eyes and brain.
Congrats on the newborn!
Old 12/20/04, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't know to believe. Called Ford customer service today about 2:00 and there was no compatibility issue with my order. They then gave me a new eta of Jan. 31st. Which is the newest answer from them. I can't even get that other voice activated number to work. I'm fed up. It'll get here when it gets here. If there's a comp issue then then there's an issue. I'll deal with it when I call the dealership Thursday. At this point I don't care.
Old 12/20/04, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got off the phone with my salesmen, he did not know anything about anything, sounds like when i bought the car actually, anyway, he talked to the manager, all he knew was, no more 18G only 18R, boy he was already to change that order like is was no big deal at all, well i got very excited to say the least, he did not even know the difference between the 2 pkgs. For me , you just lose 2 much going to the 18R, and cant believe that a salesmen who actually sells these cars for a living doesnt know more about his product and has no passion for it either, so of course he would having a hard time understanding a customers passion for what he is selling.
He almost acted as though i had to change my order or else i may not get my car, I think he found it hard to believe that i did not want to change my order,and he was all concerned about me noit getting the car, he just doesnt understand. Personally, i think if ford was going to stop selling iup then they should make good on all orders they got up until the point of announcement, all orders after that, Ok, I think that would be fair anyway, after the order is taken and a deposit is taken, i would think that is binding, and they should deliver or pay damages,or a signifigant rebates or decent additional $ off the cars negotiated price.
Its two bad though, i am a chevy comeover, but i am quickly losing my new found faith and chance in buying a ford.
Does anybody know what happens if you let your order sit there, do you lose your place in line, do they ever build you a car, what happens???
Sorry for the rant, I am getting frustrated and POed
Old 12/20/04, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by davids2toys@December 20, 2004, 5:12 PM
Just got off the phone with my salesmen, he did not know anything about anything, sounds like when i bought the car actually, anyway, he talked to the manager, all he knew was, no more 18G only 18R, boy he was already to change that order like is was no big deal at all, well i got very excited to say the least, he did not even know the difference between the 2 pkgs. For me , you just lose 2 much going to the 18R, and cant believe that a salesmen who actually sells these cars for a living doesnt know more about his product and has no passion for it either, so of course he would having a hard time understanding a customers passion for what he is selling.
He almost acted as though i had to change my order or else i may not get my car, I think he found it hard to believe that i did not want to change my order,and he was all concerned about me noit getting the car, he just doesnt understand. Personally, i think if ford was going to stop selling iup then they should make good on all orders they got up until the point of announcement, all orders after that, Ok, I think that would be fair anyway, after the order is taken and a deposit is taken, i would think that is binding, and they should deliver or pay damages,or a signifigant rebates or decent additional $ off the cars negotiated price.
Its two bad though, i am a chevy comeover, but i am quickly losing my new found faith and chance in buying a ford.
Does anybody know what happens if you let your order sit there, do you lose your place in line, do they ever build you a car, what happens???
Here's what I'd do in your place: wait until after the holidays and see if there are any new announcements. If it's a supply issue, by January there may be more info about when they expect to get production back up. If 18G is really gone, then I'm sure we'll here something in January. I know waiting isn't easy but that's the best advice I can give you at this point.
Old 12/20/04, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Richard ~ when it's like 4 am or you've only had like 3 hours of sleep & you are alittle sleep deprived, I find that most people really don't care about proper grammar & spelling. And like whoever said, this is not a term paper, or any sort of english paper. We type & sometimes we hit the wrong keys & the wrong word comes up. Most times we may catch this, but chances are the others we don't.

Besides, I am from the South, I don't have to use proper grammar/spelling. In fact it almost expected that I don't. And there are several people here that are not from the states or canada & they may not be aware of our language usage.

Anyway. Back on Topic

I called & recieved my VIN today & checked my order & still have a build week of 1/3. I don't know what Ford's computers are up to for all of you who are recieving a compatibility error. I am hoping for all of you guys that's it's just a computer error with Ford's system. I would think that if IUP is not going to be offered again that they would change the airbags & the ICAP over with the 18R. But that's just me. Anyway. Hopefully they will get it straightened out soon.

Happy Holidays Everyone
Old 12/20/04, 06:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@December 20, 2004, 6:52 PM
Hey Richard ~ when it's like 4 am or you've only had like 3 hours of sleep & you are alittle sleep deprived, I find that most people really don't care about proper grammar & spelling. And like whoever said, this is not a term paper, or any sort of english paper. We type & sometimes we hit the wrong keys & the wrong word comes up. Most times we may catch this, but chances are the others we don't.

Besides, I am from the South, I don't have to use proper grammar/spelling. In fact it almost expected that I don't. And there are several people here that are not from the states or canada & they may not be aware of our language usage.

Anyway. Back on Topic

I called & recieved my VIN today & checked my order & still have a build week of 1/3. I don't know what Ford's computers are up to for all of you who are recieving a compatibility error. I am hoping for all of you guys that's it's just a computer error with Ford's system. I would think that if IUP is not going to be offered again that they would change the airbags & the ICAP over with the 18R. But that's just me. Anyway. Hopefully they will get it straightened out soon.

Happy Holidays Everyone
That is the exact plan
Old 12/20/04, 07:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

thats the plan...oooops, sorry about the last quote...long day
Old 12/20/04, 07:03 PM

I called the dealer tonight and mine had not been ordered because of the hold. I changed it to 18R to get it on order. Once I have an order number, how long will it take to find out when it is scheduled to be built? How can I find out this information? What about getting the VIN?
Old 12/20/04, 07:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Last I checked, the car still works without the IUP with MYCOLOR.

I doubt Ford wanted this to happen. If I were a dealer, I would offer to install the aftermarket mycolor for free, or upgrade 05 cars when mycolor becomes resolved.

Either way it stinks for you guys/gals who are waiting, and for Ford too. The only winners here are the competition. :notnice:
Old 12/20/04, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by hauss1@December 20, 2004, 4:01 PM
I don't know to believe. Called Ford customer service today about 2:00 and there was no compatibility issue with my order. They then gave me a new eta of Jan. 31st. Which is the newest answer from them. I can't even get that other voice activated number to work. I'm fed up. It'll get here when it gets here. If there's a comp issue then then there's an issue. I'll deal with it when I call the dealership Thursday. At this point I don't care.
I just called the Customer Service again andthis time the girl said estimated schedule to be built date is the week of Jan.24th-31st. It's another different answer, but the girl earlier said a delivery eta of Jan. 31st. I think the I.Q. of the customer service is hit or miss. But that answer would be consistent with the end of the orignal post from Paul that stated that availability of IUP to improve by February. I also asked the customer rep if there had in fact had been a lack of parts of or compatability issue would they have known about it it by now. Her reply was yes, they would have known by now. Anyway it 's to the point now I like the conspiracy theory vibe going around . Personally I think that the gunman on the grassy knowl(think that's how you spell it, don't want to make the spelling ***** mad) took the IUP supply and buried half under the Dallas Cowboy's stadium with Jimmy Hoffa and took the other half to Area 51 for the aleiens to upgrade their spaceships.
Old 12/20/04, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by hauss1@December 21, 2004, 2:39 AM
. Personally I think that the gunman on the grassy knowl(think that's how you spell it, don't want to make the spelling ***** mad) took the IUP supply and buried half under the Dallas Cowboy's stadium with Jimmy Hoffa and took the other half to Area 51 for the aleiens to upgrade their spaceships.
At least you STILL have a sense of humor! BTW, just to be a A__ Knoll and alien were spelled wrong! Hope things work out for you guys waiting.
Old 12/20/04, 08:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@December 20, 2004, 6:12 PM
People like you deserve to be frustated. All you do is think what should be in your little mind. Next time around use the advise of your parent(s), your teacher(s), or someone. Always read the fine print.

From the Mustang brochure page 22 at the bottom.

Comparisons based on 2004 competitive modes, publicly available information and Ford certification data at time of printing. Some features discussed may be optional. Vehicles shown may contain optional equipment. Features shown may be offered only in combination with other options of subject to additional ordering requirements of limitations. Following publication of the catalog, certain changes in standard equipnent, options and the like, or product delays many have occurred which would not be included in these pages. Your Ford Dealer is the best source to up-to-date information. Ford division reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations.

Don't make me tell what it states on the back of a VEHICLE PURCHASE ORDER which you should have signed that you read and agree to terms on the back!

It is that way across the board in manufacturing. Why not just tell the Ford dealer you will wait on a new Camaro, because you are too stupid to own a Mustang that makes more sense to me.
Old 12/20/04, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bullittman+December 20, 2004, 8:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bullittman @ December 20, 2004, 8:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hauss1@December 21, 2004, 2:39 AM
. Personally I think that the gunman on the grassy knowl(think that's how you spell it, don't want to make the spelling ***** mad) took the IUP supply and buried half under the Dallas Cowboy's stadium with Jimmy Hoffa and took the other half to Area 51 for the aleiens to upgrade their spaceships.
At least you STILL have a sense of humor! BTW, just to be a A__ Knoll and alien were spelled wrong! Hope things work out for you guys waiting. [/b][/quote]
Sorry guys my typing skills are sub par. But your right there's no sense getting upset about something that none of us can change. Best case scenario the end of January the IUP is back to normal or at least wo/o my color. Worst case scenario, IUP is gone and all of us unfortunate souls w/o build dates have to go aftermarket or figure out a way to swindle one of you guys w/ IUP out of your cars. Maybe show up at your house and claim to be a ford rep and have to "reposess your car for evidence in the upcoming litigation". I'm just not going to fold my hand that easily over this 18R thing. It's the holiday, don't be pissed off about an aluminum dashboard and chrstmas light guages(I know there's more to IUP than that). Enjoy the holiday with your family. Pick up the struggle after the New Year. Anyway everybody have a Happy Holiday. The only computer I"ll be around for awhile has dial up and if I were to post it wouldn't get to the forum before Jan.1st
Old 12/20/04, 09:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Badsnke98@December 20, 2004, 9:17 PM
[

People like you deserve to be frustated. All you do is think what should be in your little mind. Next time around use the advise of your parent(s), your teacher(s), or someone. Always read the fine print.

Comparisons based on 2004 competitive modes, publicly available information and Ford certification data at time of printing. Some features discussed may be optional. Vehicles shown may contain optional equipment. Features shown may be offered only in combination with other options of subject to additional ordering requirements of limitations. Following publication of the catalog, certain changes in standard equipnent, options and the like, or product delays many have occurred which would not be included in these pages. Your Ford Dealer is the best source to up-to-date information. Ford division reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations.

Don't make me tell what it states on the back of a VEHICLE PURCHASE ORDER which you should have signed that you read and agree to terms on the back!

It is that way across the board in manufacturing. Why not just tell the Ford dealer you will wait on a new Camaro, because you are too stupid to own a Mustang that makes more sense to me.
[/quote]
Man, what in the world are you talking about...camaro?.......I deserve to be frustrated?...............go take some more prozac, you sound like a guy who already got his car and now wants to glote a little, so i dont suppose you understand why so many people are upset about this, I GUESS THEY ALL DESERVE IT!!!
Old 12/20/04, 09:42 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Badsnke98+December 20, 2004, 9:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Badsnke98 @ December 20, 2004, 9:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys@December 20, 2004, 6:12 PM

It is that way across the board in manufacturing. Why not just tell the Ford dealer you will wait on a new Camaro, because you are too stupid to own a Mustang that makes more sense to me. [/b][/quote]
I think your flame-o-gram is uncalled for.

Like many, he is just frustrated and looking for answers amid the confusion.

There is no need to be rude.
Old 12/20/04, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by Badsnke98+December 20, 2004, 9:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Badsnke98 @ December 20, 2004, 9:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys@December 20, 2004, 6:12 PM

It is that way across the board in manufacturing. Why not just tell the Ford dealer you will wait on a new Camaro, because you are too stupid to own a Mustang that makes more sense to me.[/b][/quote]

Badsnke98 - "people who live in glass houses..."

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=563125

Doesn't look like you're qualified to give car buying advice. (Or spelling lessons, for that matter.)
Old 12/20/04, 10:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by 68stangx2+December 20, 2004, 10:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (68stangx2 @ December 20, 2004, 10:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Badsnke98@December 20, 2004, 9:17 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-davids2toys
@December 20, 2004, 6:12 PM

Badsnke98 - "people who live in glass houses..."

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=563125

Doesn't look like you're qualified to give car buying advice. (Or spelling lessons, for that matter.) [/b][/quote]
Well Bruce, I could not have said it better myself, I knew you had some sort of an issue....by the looks of this post at corral, it sounds as though you were quite the frustrated dumb hiney yourself!!!
Old 12/21/04, 02:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 12/21/04, 02:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 15, 2004, 5:44 PM
yes anything that does not already have a build date is also affected. So pending orders that have not been pulled and placed into the schedule for production would also be affected.

meaning any orders entered on low priority would have already been held for higher priority orders.

The dealer informing email is to notify dealers that the network will now automatically hold all IUP orders regardless of priority as of today. And any pending orders that do not have a build date should be changed to 18R if they want the order to be processed in the January production cycle.

Otherwise wait until further notice from Ford about 18G order code status.

My guess is that 18G might go away for ever (possible)
If your order shows compatibility error because of this IUP probem then will they automatically put the order back scheduled when this is fixed or will the order stay in pergatory pending an update of that order...? :scratch:

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled