Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/14, 06:12 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Yes it does suck, I'm not driving the car much until it's done. I'm already afraid I might have diff damage And no, lol, the seats aren't squeaky ... that pic was after I just sprayed it and it was wet ... it dries up nice. Just sucks it kinda smells ...
Gabe I think you're fine... Shouldn't that be under warranty?

Also, I think he meant WHY did you spray it...squeaky seats?
Old 7/9/14, 08:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gabe I think you're fine... Shouldn't that be under warranty? Also, I think he meant WHY did you spray it...squeaky seats?
isn't the warranty voided the moment he supercharged it?
As for the axle, that sucks, had to replace one when I pulled a dukes of hazzard.
Old 7/9/14, 02:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Gabe I think you're fine... Shouldn't that be under warranty?

Also, I think he meant WHY did you spray it...squeaky seats?
The warranty coverage I guess is up to the local dealer. Obviously Ford reps are reading these boards and they know my car is supercharged

I did the spray-on stuff to try to kill some on the noise coming from the rear diff, at highway speeds.

Originally Posted by shurtual86
isn't the warranty voided the moment he supercharged it?
As for the axle, that sucks, had to replace one when I pulled a dukes of hazzard.
No, the warranty isn't voided, but if the supercharger or other aftermarket stuff is deemed to be the cause for the issue, that repair is not covered
Old 7/9/14, 02:53 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
HA HAAA
That's awesome Burton. Looks like you're having fun and enjoying your newly acquired purchases.
Old 7/9/14, 02:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
The warranty coverage I guess is up to the local dealer. Obviously Ford reps are reading these boards and they know my car is supercharged
No, the warranty isn't voided, but if the supercharger or other aftermarket stuff is deemed to be the cause for the issue, that repair is not covered
That sucks Gabe.
Good luck going forward.
Old 7/9/14, 03:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfink114

Thanks Tom. It just pumps engine noise into the cabin. Honestly, I can't even hear it over the borlas. Plus it's just not nice to look at.

If you have Facebook, search Wicked Dipz. That's the guy that did mine.
Also, you should join NJStangers. You'll get all the info for meets and shows in the area. It's a great group of guys.
That dude does nice work. Been trying to buy some of his stuff, but I keep breaking things!
Old 7/9/14, 04:16 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by shurtual86
isn't the warranty voided the moment he supercharged it? As for the axle, that sucks, had to replace one when I pulled a dukes of hazzard.
The warranty coverage I guess is up to the local dealer. Obviously Ford reps are reading these boards and they know my car is supercharged I did the spray-on stuff to try to kill some on the noise coming from the rear diff, at highway speeds. No, the warranty isn't voided, but if the supercharger or other aftermarket stuff is deemed to be the cause for the issue, that repair is not covered
That is correct. They'd have to prove the SC caused the diff fail, which I doubt.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
HA HAAA That's awesome Burton. Looks like you're having fun and enjoying your newly acquired purchases.
Big time tony... Big time
Old 7/9/14, 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
That is correct. They'd have to prove the SC caused the diff fail, which I doubt.

I was a Ford Service Writer for almost 10 years ... I know all the ins and outs of the job, and how to get around certain things. That being said, I'm not holding my breath that it's gonna be covered.

I already ordered fluid and replacement parts and have a friend willing to help, so I'm gonna do that first and see what happens.

The other thing is that I've changed the rear-axle fluid at 10K miles (good thing I did since there was a lot of metal shavings in it) and the new fluid doesn't smell nasty like the Ford stuff, so if a Ford tech was to dump it and it doesn't smell like what he'd expect, chances are he'd say that "somebody other than Ford's been in there, repair not covered" ... I'd rather not then be left with a bill for the time/parts they have into it.
Old 7/9/14, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to the Natick Mall with my son to price out a new laptop at the Apple store... I let him drive Mistress Lauren... then we went to John Harvard's Brewpub for lunch and a beer...
Old 7/9/14, 05:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz
I went to the Natick Mall with my son to price out a new laptop at the Apple store... I let him drive Mistress Lauren... then we went to John Harvard's Brewpub for lunch and a beer...
Edu discount? They have BTS sale and $100 gift card right now. I'd still try to make friends with someone at the store and get their 15% friends and family discount
Old 7/9/14, 07:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Took her for a drive and ran into a sweet termi.
Old 7/9/14, 09:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Took her for a drive and ran into a sweet termi.
And how'd you do? Today I took off from a red light and just flat out missed 3rd. 1-2 was perfect, 2-3 = brick wall.
Old 7/9/14, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
And how'd you do? Today I took off from a red light and just flat out missed 3rd. 1-2 was perfect, 2-3 = brick wall.
Didn't race. My insurance is enough the way it is. But dang it sounded sweet.
Old 7/9/14, 10:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Figured out how to take out the battery and battery tray, since a socket was nice enough to fall down under there
Old 7/9/14, 10:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Didn't race. My insurance is enough the way it is. But dang it sounded sweet.
Lol did you get a thumbs up? Cruised with a really nice Alloy Gray 07-09 GT on black Saleens, HIDs and yellow fogs, Stingers. We were having fun driving around the sea of crapyotas that I see on my commute every day.
Old 7/9/14, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hit the speed limiter, again. How do you turn it off? And I wonder how fast it'd go, It seemed like it wanted more, but it was held back...
Old 7/9/14, 10:26 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by DaGonz
Sounds like a great time, Ron!

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Figured out how to take out the battery and battery tray, since a socket was nice enough to fall down under there
Fill me in! I was looking to remove it the other day and was too lazy to look it up in the owners manual or service manual...
Old 7/9/14, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
Lol did you get a thumbs up? Cruised with a really nice Alloy Gray 07-09 GT on black Saleens, HIDs and yellow fogs, Stingers. We were having fun driving around the sea of crapyotas that I see on my commute every day.
Lots of smiles. lol Did have a prius between us, and dropped it a little.
Old 7/9/14, 11:03 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
drove into the city for a celebration dinner with clients. How do you deal with parking blocks? This is how i do it I don't like the sound of CF on cement

Old 7/9/14, 11:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Fill me in! I was looking to remove it the other day and was too lazy to look it up in the owners manual or service manual...
It's not too bad, there's a bolt sticking up in front that bolts the strap down, just remove that and pull it up. I think it was an 8mm bolt. Then you can disconnect the battery and remove it. Granted that's for the V6, not sure if the GT is exactly the same but I think they are. The battery blanket should just come right off as well once the strap is out of the way.

If you want to remove the tray there are three 8mm bolts holding it down, and the positive lead is connected to it so that has to be removed as well. They appear to be loctited so it's a little difficult to get the bolts out.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?