Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/15, 05:53 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Thanks guys! I so didn't wanna leave it there ... can't wait to get back to it tomorrow ... During cleaning it I found out 2 things I didn't like: there is a small chip on the right front wheel, I'm pretty sure I did it loading it into the trunk before I left the house, and the upper billet grille will need replacement soon ... the upper screws are rusted and they're coming out of the plastic surround they're screwed into ... cheap American Muscle part, gonna see if they'll replace it for free ... especially as the black powdercoat keeps graying out over time requiring me to use metal polish on it to bring the black back. But for now, the grille still looks good on there and I'll use something to touch up the wheel nick ... show must go on! Lol ...
Gabe sorry to hear about your woes. The wheel you can get it fixed. As for the cheap AM part, you guys know how I feel about them. I'm not surprised. I'm sure they'll try to cater to you and replace it and pretend all is well again.
Old 3/26/15, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gabe sorry to hear about your woes. The wheel you can get it fixed. As for the cheap AM part, you guys know how I feel about them. I'm not surprised. I'm sure they'll try to cater to you and replace it and pretend all is well again.
The wheel is not a big deal, true, the nick is tiny and for now even a gray permanent marker will make it almost invisible.
The grille, if they swap it out for me, that would make me happy ... I want to keep these fog lights and this is the only grille I know of that lets me do that ... before installing the new one I could always PlastiDip it with black then clear, and I could get better hardware myself ...
Old 3/26/15, 06:06 PM
I Have No Life

The wheel is not a big deal, true, the nick is tiny and for now even a gray permanent marker will make it almost invisible. The grille, if they swap it out for me, that would make me happy ... I want to keep these fog lights and this is the only grille I know of that lets me do that ... before installing the new one I could always PlastiDip it with black then clear, and I could get better hardware myself ...
Yeah, unfortunately you're right. If that's the look you want, not many options. I love the fogs in the grille. It's a GT must have.
Old 3/26/15, 09:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
The wheel is not a big deal, true, the nick is tiny and for now even a gray permanent marker will make it almost invisible. The grille, if they swap it out for me, that would make me happy ... I want to keep these fog lights and this is the only grille I know of that lets me do that ... before installing the new one I could always PlastiDip it with black then clear, and I could get better hardware myself ...
Roush with relo brackets off ebay...which I've considered too. I love the grille fogs, but wish we had more options.
Old 3/27/15, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, this was yesterday, but it finally got the bath it needed these last couple of weeks!
Old 3/27/15, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Ordered a painted radiator cover that will bring continuity when the hood is popped at car shows.

New wheels go on tomorrow!
Old 3/27/15, 12:19 PM

Finally got mine home from the dealer and into the garage! Or should i call it a stable now :/..... Just have to resist the urge to drive it until the roads are nicer, melt snow melt!

Name:  20150326_181557.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  146.0 KB
Old 3/27/15, 12:22 PM
I Have No Life

^ congrats on getting a used pony! looks great! How many miles on that purddy GT/CS?
Old 3/27/15, 12:24 PM

^ congrats on getting a used pony! looks great! How many miles on that purddy GT/CS?
Thanks, very excited to have it! And it currently has just over 20,000km (12,000 miles)
Old 3/27/15, 12:35 PM
I Have No Life

^ wow that's a nice low mileage find. Mine's a 2012 and just crossed 11k
Old 3/27/15, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Well not really toady but as far as install it is today, got some sort of bumper (free, cant beat that) from the local dealer, they are the ones used for delivering cars to the dealer, picked them up at Paul Miller Ford, so I put them on the mustang, should help reduce the chance of bumping things with the door, or hurting the paint...
Old 3/27/15, 05:49 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by Canadian C/S
Finally got mine home from the dealer and into the garage! Or should i call it a stable now :/..... Just have to resist the urge to drive it until the roads are nicer, melt snow melt!
Congrats very nice!!!
Old 3/28/15, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Got up early this morning and washed, waxed, and conditioned the leather. Just me and my Mustang. I find it amazing how I enjoy doing that on a Saturday morning. Some people probably think I'm a little crazy, but I do have some OCD especially when it comes to caring for my car. I'm sure a lot of you guys/gals do too!
Old 3/28/15, 11:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Finally got around to getting this done. Could've done it myself, but I don't like messing around too much with electrical stuff. I took it to my buddy at the electrical install shop, same place that wired my boost gauge. They're the only folks I trust with my car. Got it done in a couple hours (less).

I wanted the cleaner look of just the halos, without the amber distraction. Best part is that it's totally independent, so I can run it on its own, OR with the parking lights (as I had it before), OR parking lights alone…whichever I prefer. It's also tied into ignition, so that I can leave the switch on always, and it shuts off upon me exiting/shutting off the car.

I had him mount the toggle in a discreet location by the hood lever. It's a solid switch that requires some muscle to trigger…to avoid accidental tripping.

The biggest benefits of having my shop do it: soldered connections instead of t taps, professional looking wire looms and routing, plus cutting the panel to install the switch. That would have taken me a whole afternoon if not more, plus it would have not looked that good. LOL…

Anyways, pics below. I love the new look. It's how it should have been from DAY ONE. Shame on me
Do you know where that switch came from? I'm thinking of running my grille mounted lights through a switch instead of tapped into the high beams. Every switch I've looked at sucks, though.
Old 3/28/15, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I put some new(used) wheels on mine. I like it!
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-newwheels1.jpg  
Old 3/28/15, 06:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Got 3rd place in my class at the World Of Wheels show in Boston.

Considering its my first time here and I only spent about 3 hours cleaning the car, I think I did great.

Next year's mods are already being planned, lol
Old 3/28/15, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Considering its my first time here and I only spent about 3 hours cleaning the car, I think I did great.

Nice job! What class, and do you know how many cars were in your class?
Old 3/28/15, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Got 3rd place in my class at the World Of Wheels show in Boston. Considering its my first time here and I only spent about 3 hours cleaning the car, I think I did great. Next year's mods are already being planned, lol
Congrats :-)
Old 3/28/15, 07:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice!
Old 3/28/15, 07:31 PM
I Have No Life

Got 3rd place in my class at the World Of Wheels show in Boston. Considering its my first time here and I only spent about 3 hours cleaning the car, I think I did great. Next year's mods are already being planned, lol
Congrats Gabe! Imagine if you spent 6 hours cleaning it

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?