Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
10.00%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/16, 12:24 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 621 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
They seem to be updating it every year. I'll get one eventually. Need to buy my tires first. Maybe over the summer sometime.
Quit pussyfooting around and just buy the stuff you want. Its not like you can't get it, put in on the company card if you have to. You can afford it, they can afford it, you work your **** off for them, you have stayed there to help them run the business, you are a very valuable asset to the company and they know it.

Get online. Get what you want. Charge it if you have to. And if they complain, threaten to leave and tell them to go get bent.

Honestly, if you were my kid, we were in the same situation, and he did that, I'd back down and acknowledge your value to the business and the fact that you could have left and done your own thing but you didn't. I'd say screw it, let him get what he wants, he's too important to the ultimate goal, and if he's still here at this point in his life, smart as he is, educated as he is and has the ability to go and do what he wants, he must be dedicated to the big picture of our family.

I'm not saying go wild and buy a mansion and extravagant ****, but the things you want are well within reason considering the sacrifice you've made and the goals you've accomplished. They are a pittance compared to what you could do with your skills elsewhere if you left and went out on your own.

They know you're responsible, dependable, honest and trustworthy. They know you'll be there for the family no matter what. What parent wouldn't trust you with anything at this point? I know I would.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/7/16 at 12:31 AM.
Old 2/7/16, 12:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I've had drink bills higher than that for 2 people and we weren't even drinking $120 bourbons. #lightweights Of course that was in ATL night clubs.

I can't imagine paying that much for a drink. Maybe I'm just not a connoisseur but I don't think anything could be THAT good. Unless you're just having it to say you had it, in which case I can understand. Gotta do some things once just to say you did. I've done it. Its stupid, but I've done it, and will probably do it again for the same reason. Because I can, and to say I did.

Where was this? In B'ham? What bar? Might have to stop by next time I come through.

Don't really care for bourbon, but if they have stuff like that, they might have other high end stuff.

I'm still trying to get some of that Woody Creek vodka, but haven't been able to find it yet.
I felt a similar response to hearing $30k speakers compared to $8k speakers and my overpriced $1500 speakers (that I didn't pay that much for )...it's like - at what point is it just throwing money down the drain because you CAN?
Old 2/7/16, 01:23 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by laserred38
I felt a similar response to hearing $30k speakers compared to $8k speakers and my overpriced $1500 speakers (that I didn't pay that much for )...it's like - at what point is it just throwing money down the drain because you CAN?
I'm pretty frugal for the most part (well, very frugal lol), but I will drop money on stupid stuff now and then because I can. Once. Just to say I did. I've dropped $**** (edited because I don't want to seem like a dick) at a restaurant/bar for a large family on drinks and dinner because everyone online said it was good. And it was good, but not THAT good. But at least I can say I tried it and give my opinion unbiased.

Then again I've been to dive hole in the wall places that the food was much better and the whole check for a large group was (edited $***). Of course the walls looked like they were about to fall down, and the bathroom looked like it was out of the 50s, and the tables and chairs looked like they came out of a high school cafeteria in the 70's lol, but the food was spectacular. I don't care much for appearances, I like quality food and more importantly, super duper service and good drinks, lol .

I'd rather be served amazing food and drinks by a server that "clicks" with the guest and knows what they want and connects with them, in a ****ty hole in the wall, than a fancy server in a fancy place that is stuffy, and seems to think they're better than you.

That's why I give good tips (at least I think they are) at many places. Places like that, if the food and drinks are good and the server is like I mentioned above, I'll give 30, 40 % tips.

TBH, there is one dive that I go to on the Gulf that has amazing food and service and I've gladly given a $50 tip on a $120 check. And they remember it and give me the best service and table every time I come in. The wait is usually well over an hour because the place is so small, but I get a table immediately when I come in.
Old 2/7/16, 04:45 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Quit pussyfooting around and just buy the stuff you want. Its not like you can't get it, put in on the company card if you have to. You can afford it, they can afford it, you work your **** off for them, you have stayed there to help them run the business, you are a very valuable asset to the company and they know it.

Get online. Get what you want. Charge it if you have to. And if they complain, threaten to leave and tell them to go get bent.

Honestly, if you were my kid, we were in the same situation, and he did that, I'd back down and acknowledge your value to the business and the fact that you could have left and done your own thing but you didn't. I'd say screw it, let him get what he wants, he's too important to the ultimate goal, and if he's still here at this point in his life, smart as he is, educated as he is and has the ability to go and do what he wants, he must be dedicated to the big picture of our family.

I'm not saying go wild and buy a mansion and extravagant ****, but the things you want are well within reason considering the sacrifice you've made and the goals you've accomplished. They are a pittance compared to what you could do with your skills elsewhere if you left and went out on your own.

They know you're responsible, dependable, honest and trustworthy. They know you'll be there for the family no matter what. What parent wouldn't trust you with anything at this point? I know I would.
Because,

I already feel pretty darn lucky with what I do have. Besides, when you're in the shoe business, all your money is wrapped up in inventory. People think we're loaded and we are...with boots.
Old 2/7/16, 07:19 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
All this time we thought we had big "packages" because they hung so close to the ground. Now we find out they hang close to the ground because our legs are short.
Old 2/7/16, 09:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm pretty frugal for the most part (well, very frugal lol), but I will drop money on stupid stuff now and then because I can. Once. Just to say I did. I've dropped $**** (edited because I don't want to seem like a dick) at a restaurant/bar for a large family on drinks and dinner because everyone online said it was good. And it was good, but not THAT good. But at least I can say I tried it and give my opinion unbiased.

Then again I've been to dive hole in the wall places that the food was much better and the whole check for a large group was (edited $***). Of course the walls looked like they were about to fall down, and the bathroom looked like it was out of the 50s, and the tables and chairs looked like they came out of a high school cafeteria in the 70's lol, but the food was spectacular. I don't care much for appearances, I like quality food and more importantly, super duper service and good drinks, lol .

I'd rather be served amazing food and drinks by a server that "clicks" with the guest and knows what they want and connects with them, in a ****ty hole in the wall, than a fancy server in a fancy place that is stuffy, and seems to think they're better than you.

That's why I give good tips (at least I think they are) at many places. Places like that, if the food and drinks are good and the server is like I mentioned above, I'll give 30, 40 % tips.

TBH, there is one dive that I go to on the Gulf that has amazing food and service and I've gladly given a $50 tip on a $120 check. And they remember it and give me the best service and table every time I come in. The wait is usually well over an hour because the place is so small, but I get a table immediately when I come in.
Completely agree on the food service notes. My wife's family owns a restaurant so we are very picky when it comes to places, especially if we feel the need to go back. There's not a lot of places in this area, or even the immediate area around us, that we frequent. I am more apt to go back to a place with so-so food, if the service is good.

Our go-to Italian place is like that - food is pretty good, not like WOW AMAZING good, but definitely better than any chain Italian restaurant. That said, the thing that sold me on the place was when they seated us and listed the specials, followed up with "and if you don't see anything you like, we can make anything custom for you, as long as we have the ingredients." Never in my life have I heard something like that come out of a server's mouth! Great owners, great servers, decent food. They keep us coming back. Oh and they always make a little dish of steamed veggies and noodles for Liam, and never charge us for it! Yeah, we leave large tips whenever we go lol
Old 2/8/16, 03:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Only one guy I ever knew with a belly button who's waist was set higher
Attached Images  
Old 2/8/16, 03:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Mine ride low because of my old man *****
I how you grease those bearings Gary
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image.jpeg  
Old 2/8/16, 11:29 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I've had drink bills higher than that for 2 people and we weren't even drinking $120 bourbons. #lightweights Of course that was in ATL night clubs.

I can't imagine paying that much for a drink. Maybe I'm just not a connoisseur but I don't think anything could be THAT good. Unless you're just having it to say you had it, in which case I can understand. Gotta do some things once just to say you did. I've done it. Its stupid, but I've done it, and will probably do it again for the same reason. Because I can, and to say I did.

Where was this? In B'ham? What bar? Might have to stop by next time I come through.

Don't really care for bourbon, but if they have stuff like that, they might have other high end stuff.

I'm still trying to get some of that Woody Creek vodka, but haven't been able to find it yet.
No he was in detroit with some friends. Sorry just now on a computer, so heres the pics he sent me. Im sure you could find something on there.. even stuff bottled by pappy van winkle himself
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-img_1113.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-img_1116.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-img_1114.jpg  
Old 2/8/16, 11:33 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Amen!

We recently went to Apalachicola FL, and found this oyster house called Up The Creek, it was amazingly good and the service was great. It was a decent sized place but wasnt fancy or stuffy like you said. Sat out on the enclosed deck that had heaters, so we could look at the bay, and it was one of the most enjoyable meals i've ever had (not to mention the best oysters you could ever get). I left a hefty tip even though it was several different staff members that checked in on us and all.
Old 2/8/16, 11:58 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Scothew
No he was in detroit with some friends. Sorry just now on a computer, so heres the pics he sent me. Im sure you could find something on there.. even stuff bottled by pappy van winkle himself
Yeah, that would be wasted on me. I probably couldn't tell much difference in any of them, especially a hundred dollars an ounce difference. Not to mention I probably wouldn't pay that even if I could just throw money away, lol. #cheaparse
Old 2/8/16, 01:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,688 Likes on 1,206 Posts
^^HA HAAAAAAAAA
Same here. I would just drink it too fast. lol

(There was a spam post above mine at the time. Had to edit this post as to not look like I was mocking Rather B. Blown, because I was not.)

Last edited by Stage_3; 2/8/16 at 04:41 PM.
Old 2/8/16, 06:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Gee one of those drinks buys this
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image.jpeg  
Old 2/9/16, 02:45 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,688 Likes on 1,206 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Gee one of those drinks buys this
NICE!!!!!!!!!
Old 2/13/16, 12:10 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Got rid of the '13 Accord tonight. Ended up with a '16 Accord. Pics to come.
Old 2/13/16, 01:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Sport? I like what they did with the refresh...
Old 2/13/16, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Wishing the roads were cleaned from the salt crap...
Old 2/13/16, 08:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
You sound like a honda commercial. The most cookie-cutter cars I've ever seen.
Old 2/13/16, 08:47 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
You sound like a honda commercial. The most cookie-cutter cars I've ever seen.
But they dont die. Even when i wrecked my 03 daily driver in 2013 with 230k miles on it, it was totaled and they still gave me nearly 8k for it. I cant fault lee for getting them at all.

On the flip note, I think im about to be selling my F150 and getting an expedition.
Old 2/13/16, 08:48 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I am still thinking about getting rid of my Focus for a Subaru Crosstrek....

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast