Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/16, 06:59 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Where the fark is Al????? I thought he would be up and out. Hell, where is Scott? I thought some of you derelicts would be posting!!.
Sleeping man. Tonight is gonna be my first set of nights in almost 2 months. Can't wait. I will probably be around later tonight.
Old 3/25/16, 07:53 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Where the fark is Al????? I thought he would be up and out. Hell, where is Scott? I thought some of you derelicts would be posting!!.
Sorry, i was passed out most of yesterday with some stupid stomach bug. It sucked....
Old 3/25/16, 02:37 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Its like Bookman looking for Tropic of Cancer on Seinfeld, lol.

Overdue VHS copy of ‘Freddy Got Fingered’ gets man arrested — after 14 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...fter-14-years/
Old 3/25/16, 11:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Really wish there was someone here to talk to.
Old 3/25/16, 11:12 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Got started working on the explorer today. Did the passenger side lower ball joint, tie rod end, and most of the upper control arm/ball joint. Just need to bolt it all back together and then do the same to the driver side. Hopefully that'll go faster since I have a better idea of what it is I need to do.
Old 3/25/16, 11:24 PM

Was behind a Toyota pickup yesterday almost home from picking up my boy from school. All of the sudden the drivers front wheel of the Toyota decided to just snap and tuck itself under the truck. Looked like it was hanging by one bolt on the lower control arm. Scared the crap out of me being right behind him. Can't believe that little truck didn't flip into oncoming traffic. Ball joints Nate. Make sure everything's tight under there man. Know those Exploders like to roll.
Old 3/25/16, 11:27 PM

Thanks. I'm officially paranoid.
Old 3/25/16, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Thanks. I'm officially paranoid.
You're welcome.

But seriously. That was some scary crap and I was just behind him. I'm hoping you are at least using an impact. I don't trust hand wrenching front end parts.
Old 3/25/16, 11:42 PM

I can imagine. I've seen cars on the side of the highway that looked like something similar happened, but I've never actually seen it when it breaks. Could easily have been me with how worn out mine were. Driving down our crappy road wore the heck out of them. Wish I could send a bill to the city.

There's no way to get an impact in certain areas. Will be sure everything's torqued correctly tomorrow.
Old 3/25/16, 11:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I never understand people who nonchalantly use "PFT" as their standard torque spec for suspension components. The manufacturers have a torque spec for a reason, and suspension stuff usually requires a lot more torque than any standard ratchet is going to give you when you're squatting down under the car... D
Old 3/25/16, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I can imagine. I've seen cars on the side of the highway that looked like something similar happened, but I've never actually seen it when it breaks. Could easily have been me with how worn out mine were. Driving down our crappy road wore the heck out of them. Wish I could send a bill to the city. There's no way to get an impact in certain areas. Will be sure everything's torqued correctly tomorrow.
You can get an impact anywheres with the right attachments. Built front ends for a really long time. Always trusted my impact. Especially on ball joints. Never even checked the torque specs on them. Lol
Old 3/26/16, 12:22 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey Al, any restaurants in NOLA you would suggest? I may be back down there on the Gulf soon and I'd like to ride over there one day to eat and drink. Just trying to get plans together if it works out.
Only plans I've got for sure if I come is Felix's, and I always go there.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 3/26/16 at 12:23 AM.
Old 3/26/16, 12:42 AM

Hey Al, any restaurants in NOLA you would suggest? I may be back down there on the Gulf soon and I'd like to ride over there one day to eat and drink. Just trying to get plans together if it works out. Only plans I've got for sure if I come is Felix's, and I always go there.
Just depends how nice you want it to be. There's quite a few fantastic places I could recommend but you might have to dress it up a bit. All 3 of Emeril's joints can't be beat. John Folse's place is just insanely good too. If you don't feel like dressing it up as much, I can recommend a few other places. The bar at Antoine's has some of the best drinks and one of the best deserts in Nola. We've gone eat at one restaurant and went to Antoine's bar for desert and drinks after. They make a baked Alaska that is world famous and definitely worth it. Emeril's restaurant Nola is one of my favorite places and you don't have to get gussied up to eat there. That guy really knows how to do it the right way. Regardless of his goofy tv personality, his places are all incredible.
Old 3/26/16, 12:51 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Just depends how nice you want it to be. There's quite a few fantastic places I could recommend but you might have to dress it up a bit. All 3 of Emeril's joints can't be beat. John Folse's place is just insanely good too. If you don't feel like dressing it up as much, I can recommend a few other places. The bar at Antoine's has some of the best drinks and one of the best deserts in Nola. We've gone eat at one restaurant and went to Antoine's bar for desert and drinks after. They make a baked Alaska that is world famous and definitely worth it. Emeril's restaurant Nola is one of my favorite places and you don't have to get gussied up to eat there. That guy really knows how to do it the right way. Regardless of his goofy tv personality, his places are all incredible.
You know I'm a baller so dressing up doesn't matter.

But to be serious, I'll probably be lit when I get there and I'll wear comfortable clothes so the more laid back places would probably work better for me, but my companion will probably be dressed to the nines. You know how I am, I like dives that have knock out food but are a hole in the wall from the outside.

I guess I could dress up to hit some of those places you mentioned though. I'm not a total rube, even though I'll sound like one when I talk, lol.
Old 3/26/16, 12:55 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Got names of any of those restaurants (Emeril) where I can wear jeans and a nice shirt? Probably only be there for a day so I won't have a change of clothes with me, and I'll be lit up on the way from Mobile/Gulf Shores, lol.
Old 3/26/16, 01:16 AM

Got names of any of those restaurants (Emeril) where I can wear jeans and a nice shirt? Probably only be there for a day so I won't have a change of clothes with me, and I'll be lit up on the way from Mobile/Gulf Shores, lol.
He's got three places. The one named Nola is the most laid back but just as good as his signature Emeril's if not better. At least I enjoy Nola more. And you can wear jeans there. I hear John Besh's restaurants are fantastic too. The problem is there are just too many to choose one. Couchon is a pretty awesome place also. Lots of pork from a master of the pig. Either way I would opt out of desert and carry it over to Antoine's bar for baked Alaska and drinks afterwards. Finish off the night with the biggest hurricane you can find. Cats Meow has a big hurricane on tap that is a must stop for me and usually ends my night. When I finally drop that big **** cup, I'm done. My last 4 outings in the city have a all ended the same way, few drinks here and there then one or two big **** hurricanes from Cats Meow and when my cup hits the floor, nights over. Lol.
Old 3/26/16, 01:53 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
He's got three places. The one named Nola is the most laid back but just as good as his signature Emeril's if not better. At least I enjoy Nola more. And you can wear jeans there. I hear John Besh's restaurants are fantastic too. The problem is there are just too many to choose one. Couchon is a pretty awesome place also. Lots of pork from a master of the pig. Either way I would opt out of desert and carry it over to Antoine's bar for baked Alaska and drinks afterwards. Finish off the night with the biggest hurricane you can find. Cats Meow has a big hurricane on tap that is a must stop for me and usually ends my night. When I finally drop that big **** cup, I'm done. My last 4 outings in the city have a all ended the same way, few drinks here and there then one or two big **** hurricanes from Cats Meow and when my cup hits the floor, nights over. Lol.
I don't eat dessert in restaurants. My biggest concern is really strong drinks and really rich entrees, and not having to wear a suit, lol. And by entrees I mean meat rich stuff. I know, I'm a picky ****, but I don't eat most sauces chefs make if it's white because I don't eat salad dressing, I don't eat mayo, I don't eat onions, I don't eat whole tomatoes, yes I know, that puts me out of most things. I'm a weird ****. I'm just really picky and have mental hangups about stuff. I don't eat anything that is white and creamy because it looks like it may have a base of mayo (like salad dressing of any kind). I know, don't judge me, I'm just a weird ****. I'm so picky that I only eat steaks, fish and certain seafood items where I can see the item itself. If the item is mixed in with a sauce I'm very paranoid about it (especially if its in a white looking sauce or a tomato looking sauce with big chunks that might be tomatoes and onions).

If you haven't noticed, I have a severe OCD problem, lol. Hard thing for a person that likes food. Hell, I'll admit something that most people don't know. That stuff bothers me so much that I separate M&Ms by color or I can't eat them. I dump out a pack, sort all of them into piles by color in even numbers so each pile has the same number of ones in the same color and the ones that are left go to the side. Then I only eat one from each pile by color and after they are all gone I eat the ones that are left in the random pile. I used to throw all of the odd ones in the pile of colors away but I've got to where I can eat them now.

And Krystal food (if you know what Krystal is, its like redneck White Castle). The little burgers? I would eat the whole thing except the part that I held it by (and the onions, ordered without them) the part I held it by I would throw away. And fries, I only eat the part above where I was holding. I would grab a bunch of fries, eat the top part and the part I was holding them by I would trow away, lol.

Yes, I'm a wierd mother effer.
So sue me.

Don't even get me started on clipping nails. That is a crazy story.

God I'm a weird mother effer. No wonder people don't stay around me for long, lol.
Old 3/26/16, 03:55 AM

You should definitely hit Nola or Emeril's then. It's hard to be disappointed at one of his places. If you take a bite and you don't like it, don't worry. Someone will notice your facial expression or your lack of enjoyment and be at your table pretty quickly. They will make it right. He has guys that just watch the dining rooms making sure every person at every table is enjoying their food. It's crazy but that's their only job. Not to seat, serve, or greet but to just make sure nobody is lacking anything.
And if foie Gras or sweetbreads is on the menu, just do it. Both of them. Don't research it. Just get it.
Strong drinks is no problem in New Orleans. Lol
Old 3/26/16, 10:23 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Hey Nathan, I just noticed on my trailer registration renewal that TX also call the sticker you put on your license plate a "tab"

EDIT! That is the registration for my motorcycle in CO.

Last edited by phiggs54; 3/26/16 at 10:31 AM.
Old 3/26/16, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Hey Nathan, I just noticed on my trailer registration renewal that TX also call the sticker you put on your license plate a "tab"

EDIT! That is the registration for my motorcycle in CO.
Guess we're not the only crazy ones.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast