Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/16, 03:51 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I was gonna say, how could you put the big one on top before I saw that the pics posted backwards! Drives me nuts just looking at it!
She does that with the mail too. She will throw big parcel envelopes on top of regular letter size envelopes. And to top it off she won't even have them facing the same direction. I know it's silly, but drives me nuts!!
Old 1/21/16, 03:54 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
"Hey, is this the kind of retard that drools and rubs **** in his hair and all that? Cause I'm gonna have a hard time eating around that kind of thing now. Just like I am with antique furniture and midgets. You know that, I can't so much as drink a **** glass of water around a midget, or a piece of antique furniture."

Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-photo626.jpg  
Old 1/21/16, 07:40 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
She does that with the mail too. She will throw big parcel envelopes on top of regular letter size envelopes. And to top it off she won't even have them facing the same direction. I know it's silly, but drives me nuts!!
Are you the one who keeps posting pics of the bad parking too? If so I wouldn't expect anything different !
Old 1/21/16, 07:53 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm getting tired of my teacher friends. They ***** about the pay (it's not like they weren't told it's not good), they complain about the hours (really, 830-330 is too much? I work 745-630/700 everyday), and now they're complaining because the school district wasn't giving them a delay for in the morning, despite the fact that it won't do anything. It's not bad enough you get 3 months off for summer, 3 weeks for christmas/new years, a week in the spring, and about a dozen teacher workdays during the year plus random half days, you've gotta be able to sleep in now too? Grow up.

Don't mean to offend any teachers here, but that's just my observations.
Old 1/21/16, 08:10 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
I'm getting tired of my teacher friends. They ***** about the pay (it's not like they weren't told it's not good), they complain about the hours (really, 830-330 is too much? I work 745-630/700 everyday), and now they're complaining because the school district wasn't giving them a delay for in the morning, despite the fact that it won't do anything. It's not bad enough you get 3 months off for summer, 3 weeks for christmas/new years, a week in the spring, and about a dozen teacher workdays during the year plus random half days, you've gotta be able to sleep in now too?

Grow up. Don't mean to offend any teachers here, but that's just my observations.
Oh this is good...

My wife is a teacher. She gets to work at 7:30 and on a good day she can leave at 4:30 but there's usually conferences or two faculty meetings a week or duty so it's actually 7:15 and 5:30.

She has no lunch. No bathroom break. No conference periods anymore. She starts work the first week in August now and goes to the second week in June. That's not three months.
She paid tens of thousands of dollars for a college degree to get this job.

Then there's the students and parents and administration. Nobody is in your corner. Maybe one odd student and parent who were brought up right but that's about it. She gets in trouble with principal for taking a day off. She has the rights of a contract worker but is treated like an salaried employee.

And this is the saddest part. Her school is 75% minority and every kid she writes a referral for or gets on to calls her a racist every time she does it. Their parents train them as a response. You're racist. That's racist. Literally every single time. She's been punched and kicked and threatened monthly every month for her 24 years. And nobody does anything about it. Most of the kids are right back in class and she has to deal with them. And she's only ever taught 1rst through 6th grade as she has an elementary education degree. And the whole zero tolerance thing is a joke. It's kind of like don't ask don't tell. Administration only wants to hear about it when it effects another student. **** the teachers safety.

Just last week two teachers were arrested because the DA says they failed to report a possible inappropriate relationship a student might have had with a woman who's house he and his mother were living at. First of all the house was 30 minutes away in another district so he shouldn't have even been going there. Second it was a creative writing assignment where the sicko perv kid was writing about his fantasy of having sex with the woman. He's in the 7th grade. Third that was the only evidence of this relationship. And fourth the sheriff of the other community investigated and found no basis at all for anything happening. It was proven to be false. But the DA is moving ahead with the prosecution because it might have been true and state law requires them to report it. So now all teachers are going to be turning in students for anything they might do and say whether there any basis to it so they don't get arrested.

So I will be sure and let her know that it sounds like we should move to South Carolina where apparently being a teacher is a dream cushy job.
Old 1/21/16, 08:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Oh this is good...

My wife is a teacher. She gets to work at 7:30 and on a good day she can leave at 4:30 but there's usually conferences or two faculty meetings a week or duty so it's actually 7:15 and 5:30.

She has no lunch. No bathroom break. No conference periods anymore. She starts work the first week in August now and goes to the second week in June. That's not three months.
She paid tens of thousands of dollars for a college degree to get this job.

Then there's the students and parents and administration. Nobody is in your corner. Maybe one odd student and parent who were brought up right but that's about it. She gets in trouble with principal for taking a day off. She has the rights of a contract worker but is treated like an salaried employee.

And this is the saddest part. Her school is 75% minority and every kid she writes a referral for or gets on to calls her a racist every time she does it. Their parents train them as a response. You're racist. That's racist. Literally every single time. She's been punched and kicked and threatened monthly every month for her 24 years. And nobody does anything about it. Most of the kids are right back in class and she has to deal with them. And she's only ever taught 1rst through 6th grade as she has an elementary education degree. And the whole zero tolerance thing is a joke. It's kind of like don't ask don't tell. Administration only wants to hear about it when it effects another student. **** the teachers safety.

Just last week two teachers were arrested because the DA says they failed to report a possible inappropriate relationship a student might have had with a woman who's house he and his mother were living at. First of all the house was 30 minutes away in another district so he shouldn't have even been going there. Second it was a creative writing assignment where the sicko perv kid was writing about his fantasy of having sex with the woman. He's in the 7th grade. Third that was the only evidence of this relationship. And fourth the sheriff of the other community investigated and found no basis at all for anything happening. It was proven to be false. But the DA is moving ahead with the prosecution because it might have been true and state law requires them to report it. So now all teachers are going to be turning in students for anything they might do and say whether there any basis to it so they don't get arrested.

So I will be sure and let her know that it sounds like we should move to South Carolina where apparently being a teacher is a dream cushy job.
Sounds like you need to bring her an ice cold craft beer when she gets home from work.

Old 1/21/16, 08:35 PM
Post *****

Sounds like you need to bring her an ice cold craft beer when she gets home from work.

She drinks a Michelob Ultra every night after work and sometimes Crown straight up.

And 3 cups of coffee in the morning

Poor woman gets up at 5:00am and goes to bed by 9:00pm
Old 1/21/16, 08:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
She drinks a Michelob Ultra every night after work and sometimes Crown straight up.

And 3 cups of coffee in the morning

Poor woman gets up at 5:00am and goes to bed by 9:00pm
Sipping moonshine is about the only thing I can drink straight up any more. A shot of whiskey will try to come right back up immediately nowadays. On the rocks with a splash of water is about the strongest I can handle whiskey these days.
Old 1/21/16, 11:47 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
"Hey, is this the kind of retard that drools and rubs **** in his hair and all that? Cause I'm gonna have a hard time eating around that kind of thing now. Just like I am with antique furniture and midgets. You know that, I can't so much as drink a **** glass of water around a midget, or a piece of antique furniture."

I totally understand the midgets but wtf is the issue with antique furniture?
Old 1/21/16, 11:51 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
She drinks a Michelob Ultra every night after work and sometimes Crown straight up. And 3 cups of coffee in the morning Poor woman gets up at 5:00am and goes to bed by 9:00pm
Just tell her to quit that shyt you rich bastard!
Old 1/22/16, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This place is dead
Old 1/22/16, 05:32 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm not saying I'd trade or that it's not a difficult thing to do, but I am saying that (especially with recent teachers) I hear an awful lot of complaining about things they've got not right to complain about. It's not like they were lied to and told that they'd be wealthy and work 2 days a week.

The teaching system is completely screwed up, it's because there's no discipline left anymore and that's because obnoxious parents don't know how to raise their kids. Id never want to be a teacher because of that fact alone. I'm just tired of all the complaining I hear from classmates of mine that ended up teaching. It's like they're offended when they're not given the entire day off when weather is bad. They complain on a daily basis about everything else as well.

I think it's largely a generational thing. I know several older teachers who embrace their jobs and love them despite gov imposed issues. Sounds like your wife is one of them Gary, so is Patrick's wife; and good on them.
Old 1/22/16, 06:24 AM
Post *****

I'm not saying she doesn't complain. Holy crap I'm sick of hearing about it.

But she works for insurance basically. And with Regan in college we need her to work.
Old 1/22/16, 07:01 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
My sister-in-law is an elementary school teacher. The only way to fix the problems they have in schools is:

1) Discipline must be allowed. A spanking is NOT abuse.
2) Parents need to parent and not be their kid's BFF. They need to hold their kid accountable for his/her actions and not attack the teacher for the kid's bad grade.
3) Kids need to learn respect for the teachers and each other. I am just amazed at the crap these little kids will say to a teacher.
4) Scrap all of this standardized testing crap. Funding should not depend on little Johnny's test score.
5) While we are afforded equal opportunity under the law, not every kid is equal. There are stupid kids (and adults) out there. We need all professions in society, including janitors. Everyone can't be doctors or engineers.

These are my ideas, not hers. From what I can tell, most of today's parents SUCK at parenting.

Last edited by SpectreH; 1/22/16 at 07:04 AM.
Old 1/22/16, 11:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I will probably get crucified for saying this, but not all parents are bad. Sometimes it boils down to simply both parents having to work long hours and not having time to BE parents. My dad is essentially raising Liam at this point. Luckily I just got on to my new schedule, so my wife and I actually have 2 days off together. Before, we only had Saturday off together and most of the time that consisted of grocery shopping, laundry and dinner with my parents. Other than that, I worked 8-6, she worked 11-10. So for a couple hours at night, I'd hang out with my parents and Liam, then my wife would come home and we'd go to bed.

I feel he is behind developmentally wise because of our schedules. Hopefully now that will change and we can get him back on track. Our next little one is due in March, so pretty soon I'm going to have a lot of alone time taking care of Liam while mama is with the newborn.
Old 1/22/16, 12:09 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I never meant to imply that all parents are bad - just enough bad ones out there to gum up the works in our school system.
Old 1/22/16, 02:03 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I never meant to imply that all parents are bad - just enough bad ones out there to gum up the works in our school system.
Exactly

We are not dealing with absolutes here. But it's way too many to even make things manageable and it's only getting worse each year and not better.
Old 1/22/16, 03:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Of course, and not that I'm defending the majority of sh*tty parents out there, just shedding light that for an increasing number of young parents now, it's hard to be a "good" parent and give your child(ren) the attention they need and deserve, because you're both working to provide the food, tuition, medical bills etc.

We just spend $2500 out of pocket today, to have Liam's baby teeth cavities filled. My dental plan through work doesn't cover general anesthesia and the dental work is only covered 70%, with a $1500 max. Which we reach today. So if he needs anything else dental related done this yeah, it'll be out of pocket entirely. Utterly insane the racket that these medical/dental companies run...and I work for them.

Last edited by laserred38; 1/22/16 at 03:34 PM.
Old 1/22/16, 03:44 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Exactly We are not dealing with absolutes here. But it's way too many to even make things manageable and it's only getting worse each year and not better.
Well at least you gave it your best effort to increase the population of smart kids
Old 1/22/16, 09:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spectre made some good points, but IMO the essence of the problem is that education is not valued today like it once was. Now I'm older than most of you folks, but there are enough guys on here in their 60's who remember school in the 1950's-- it was a kid's JOB! Our parents lived through the Depression; our dads fought in WW2. When they started putting their lives back together, one of the main things on their minds was putting the kids through school, and sending them to college, if possible. To that end, it was made clear to the kids (us) that we would go to school every day, and we would respect and obey our teachers and soak up as much knowledge as we could. That went for the richest kids and the poorest, and everyone in between. Learning was job #1 for Baby Boomers in those days. Unfortunately, too many cultural changes and products on the market accessible to families in the prosperous 60's through 80's must have caused parents' focus to be diverted, and their values changed, because that post-WW2 mindset is getting harder and harder to find in the 21st century.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast