Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/15, 06:37 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
Hello everyone....just got back from Maryland...I was only there for 16 hours, sold my Teal SVO and delivered it....Jill, it now lives over in Overlea not too far from your work so you might see it around....After 20 years I cut it loose and it's back in the same state I found it in ironically. Still working on thinning the herd...next on the chopping block is the Roush F150 project....
That's a long way to go for just 16 hours to spend here. Sorry you didn't get to stalk me again this year

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
Only in my 20's for 10more months lol
Still.....lol. I have a birthday next month and I think I'm going to stop counting them after this one
Old 7/16/15, 07:04 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I'm 27 days away from the big 50. In my mind I'm still 25, but after working out or spending a lot of time under the hood, I'm reminded that I'm not.
Old 7/16/15, 10:03 AM
Service Manager

Received 440 Likes on 217 Posts
Originally Posted by Autotooner
Hi Paul. Haven't heard from you in years. How's life been treating you?
Same old thing....only the industry is getting worse in that it's hiring complete idiots which makes my job harder....I cringe every time I have to order parts anymore....lol

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
That's a long way to go for just 16 hours to spend here. Sorry you didn't get to stalk me again this year

If I had taken a plane back it would have only been a couple hours but I didn't want a cavity search or have to answer questions about carrying cash

There's always next time
Old 7/16/15, 12:34 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Same old thing....only the industry is getting worse in that it's hiring complete idiots which makes my job harder....I cringe every time I have to order parts anymore....lol

If I had taken a plane back it would have only been a couple hours but I didn't want a cavity search or have to answer questions about carrying cash

There's always next time
You could always have left the cash with me.....I would have taken good care of it for you

Here is a great pic of OC that people have been sharing (in case you didn't see it on FB yet). Two more weeks until I'm there for the White Marlin Open.......vacation can't come soon enough!
Old 7/16/15, 12:48 PM
Service Manager

You could always have left the cash with me.....I would have taken good care of it for you

Here is a great pic of OC that people have been sharing (in case you didn't see it on FB yet). Two more weeks until I'm there for the White Marlin Open.......vacation can't come soon enough!
Riiight, my wife doesn't even get the cash

That's a nice picture....but after being to the Gulf I am so over OC...it's MUCH nicer down there...
Old 7/16/15, 01:04 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Riiight, my wife doesn't even get the cash

That's a nice picture....but after being to the Gulf I am so over OC...it's MUCH nicer down there...
Can't blame a girl for trying

Haven't been to the Gulf yet, but it is on my list and I will some day. It's just a little too far of a drive from here. We mainly go because a bunch of us all go the same week so we can hang out with our friends. Plus my husband does not like to sit on the beach so at least I have people to sit with on the beach. We are also going to Rodanthe, NC for a week in October (will be my first time to the Outer Banks). And next year we are thinking about renting cabin in Gatlinburg (never been there either).
Old 7/16/15, 01:17 PM
Service Manager

Can't blame a girl for trying

Haven't been to the Gulf yet, but it is on my list and I will some day. It's just a little too far of a drive from here. We mainly go because a bunch of us all go the same week so we can hang out with our friends. Plus my husband does not like to sit on the beach so at least I have people to sit with on the beach. We are also going to Rodanthe, NC for a week in October (will be my first time to the Outer Banks). And next year we are thinking about renting cabin in Gatlinburg (never been there either).
You will love Gatlinburg....we went twice last year and going to get a cabin this year for Christmas. If/when you do go, let me know and I'll give you some restaurant recommendations.....If you go to NC just stay out of the water or you might be shark bait....
Old 7/16/15, 01:21 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I'm 27 days away from the big 50. In my mind I'm still 25, but after working out or spending a lot of time under the hood, I'm reminded that I'm not.
Already counting down the days, I see. I see myself as much younger in my mind too. Oh well, once you hit 40 it's all downhill from there!
Old 7/16/15, 01:26 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

You will love Gatlinburg....we went twice last year and going to get a cabin this year for Christmas. If/when you do go, let me know and I'll give you some restaurant recommendations.....If you go to NC just stay out of the water or you might be shark bait....
I'll be sure to ask since I know nothing about the area. I actually just requested a booklet from their tourism office yesterday. But if we go, I can assure you it will not be during Christmas. If I take any type of vacation during the winter, it's going to be some place warm and tropical!
Old 7/16/15, 01:34 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Same old thing....only the industry is getting worse in that it's hiring complete idiots which makes my job harder....I cringe every time I have to order parts anymore....lolIf I had taken a plane back it would have only been a couple hours but I didn't want a cavity search or have to answer questions about carrying cash

There's always next time

It's ****ing ridiculous that people can't sell something for cash and bring that cash home without fearing the government would confiscate it and call it drug money and never have to return it. It burns me up.

I remember picking up a payment from a customer who we had built a house for. This was for his overages and extras. He had me come to the house to discuss a couple of items that needed fixing. He handed me $10,000 cash instead of a check. Then we had a couple of drinks. I was driving Seven since it was after hours. As I'm driving home, 20 miles, I realize I've got $10k in cash, I've had a couple of drinks, I'm speeding, in a car that's a cop magnet with no catalytic converters and long tube header and to top it off no front license plate which state troopers love to pull people over for.

And to top it all off I was on the major drug highway from Mexico to Houston.

I put cruise control on the speed limit and prayed the whole way home.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 7/16/15 at 01:48 PM.
Old 7/16/15, 01:41 PM
Service Manager

I'll be sure to ask since I know nothing about the area. I actually just requested a booklet from their tourism office yesterday. But if we go, I can assure you it will not be during Christmas. If I take any type of vacation during the winter, it's going to be some place warm and tropical!
LOL...Christmas was great there but the week after is hell week...it's jam packed! There are different times of the year that it's bad up there for being busy and on the weekends traffic in and out of Gatlinburg is rough.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
It's ****ing ridiculous that people can't sell something for cash and bring that cash home without fearing the government would confiscate it and call it drug money and never have to return it. It burns me up.

I remember picking up a payment from a customer who we had built a house for. This was for his overages and extras. He had me come to the house to discuss a couple of items that needed fixing. He handed me $10,000 cash instead of a check. Then we had a couple of drinks. I was driving Seven since it was after hours. As I'm driving home, 20 miles, I realize I've got $10k in cash, I've had a couple of drinks, I'm speeding, in a car that's a cop magnet with no catalytic converters and long tube header and to top it off no front license plate which state troopers love to pull people over for.
Exactly....I was being careful coming back as well....not only was I carrying cash, I was armed(as any good citizen should be)....But today with the fake checks and scams out there it's nice to get cash and know you are done with the deal....but then you have to worry about the Gov't stickin their nose in and you are guilty until proven innocent. I've heard horror stories about guys going to buy a car with cash and getting pulled over and the money confiscated despite having proof of what they were doing....
Old 7/16/15, 02:33 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

So, Paul and Lee or anybody else familiar with the area......what's the biggest differences between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge? I know they are relatively close to each other, but that's the extent of my knowledge. I just hear people talk about Gatlinburg more than I hear them talk about Pigeon Forge.
Old 7/16/15, 03:03 PM
Service Manager

So, Paul and Lee or anybody else familiar with the area......what's the biggest differences between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge? I know they are relatively close to each other, but that's the extent of my knowledge. I just hear people talk about Gatlinburg more than I hear them talk about Pigeon Forge.

It's really all one area....it's a 10 minute ride between the two unless there is heavy traffic. Pigeon Forge is a LOT easier to get around and has A LOT more parking options. Gatlinburg is tough to park and you typically have to pay for parking....but once you park you can walk up and down the shops. The Ole Smokey Moonshine store in Gatlinburg is bigger but they all give free samples...there are other shine places too like the Old Mill and one other that give free samples. Cades Cove is nice for rural scenery and there are cabin rentals there too....it's a little further out but not far at all.
Old 7/16/15, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Well, you think your scared of the people at the parts house, try being where I am...I work for a parts house and I find it scary to watch the cars that roll into our lot...then to deal with people who think they know more then me or the other person I work with when we have a combined total of 20+ (estimated) years of working on cars (me on fords him on Chevy)...and let's not get on the certification bit either...
Old 7/17/15, 06:30 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

It's really all one area....it's a 10 minute ride between the two unless there is heavy traffic. Pigeon Forge is a LOT easier to get around and has A LOT more parking options. Gatlinburg is tough to park and you typically have to pay for parking....but once you park you can walk up and down the shops. The Ole Smokey Moonshine store in Gatlinburg is bigger but they all give free samples...there are other shine places too like the Old Mill and one other that give free samples. Cades Cove is nice for rural scenery and there are cabin rentals there too....it's a little further out but not far at all.
Thanks! I'm sure I'll have more questions later too.
Old 7/17/15, 08:12 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by Jim74656
Well, you think your scared of the people at the parts house, try being where I am...I work for a parts house and I find it scary to watch the cars that roll into our lot...then to deal with people who think they know more then me or the other person I work with when we have a combined total of 20+ (estimated) years of working on cars (me on fords him on Chevy)...and let's not get on the certification bit either...
Oh, I've witnessed first hand the spectacular specimens that walk into the parts store....I'd be fired minutes after being hired for being a smart ***...the stupid is numbing. But the people I am dealing with are the commercial sales people in most cases...those who should know better than to ask "2 or 4 wheel drive?" when I ask for control arm bushings for a 1965 Pontiac Tempest.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have more questions later too.
No problem....make sure you ride the alpine coasters, I think there are 3 of them now...one in Gatlinburg and two in pigeon forge on the road that goes to Cades Cove...Goats on the roof just finished theirs, I passed by it on Monday on my way back...and yes, they have Goats on the roof there....
Old 7/17/15, 08:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Just dropping by, hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 7/17/15, 02:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Waiting for a new battery for my '65. Found a 2015 50th LE in the showroom. Unsold, no markup. It's beautiful.

Last edited by codeman94; 7/17/15 at 02:05 PM.
Old 7/18/15, 03:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
That's my nephews Cat

When he got married last summer that was the 'limo' they left the reception in

I explained to her that you're in commercial construction, not agriculture. She grumbled, then I told her, "master bath, kitchen of your dreams." She said, "Fine. I just better not catch him peeing in my bushes."

Old 7/18/15, 04:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sigh...

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast