Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/14, 12:24 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I have great well water too. Static at 45', drilled 90' with casing all the way down, 1HP placed at the bottom (volcanic cinder, no bedrock - ancient glacial lake bed reaches up to my valley from the remaining 100,000 lake). Little bit of calcium, no iron. While my Berkley pump still works great, I am getting concerned that it is 33 yrs old. And I'm told the new Berkley's are imported like MT-82's.

Knew I'd wake you up about grits!
I've got a spring on the property that bubbles up straight out of solid bedrock that you can pump 5 gal a minute out of and its delicious, but its too far away from the house to have good pressure with a pump, so I drilled a well. Had to go down 300 or so to hit it (IIRC the casing is about 90' with a submersible pump) and its fantastic also. Then a few years ago the county passed an ordinance that every county road must have city water accessible so I've got that too for the pool, spigots in the garage, etc. but still got my well for the sinks etc. and also due to that I also have several city water fire hydrants bordering the house which made my homeowner's insurance go down a good bit.
Old 5/25/14, 12:29 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I've got a spring on the property that bubbles up straight out of solid bedrock that you can pump 5 gal a minute out of and its delicious, but its too far away from the house to have good pressure with a pump, so I drilled a well. Had to go down 300 or so to hit it (IIRC the casing is about 90' with a submersible pump) and its fantastic also. Then a few years ago the county passed an ordinance that every county road must have city water accessible so I've got that too for the pool, spigots in the garage, etc. but still got my well for the sinks etc. and also due to that I also have several city water fire hydrants bordering the house which made my homeowner's insurance go down a good bit.

There are artesian wells out here too but not on my place.

As for the city water, search Timothy Leary!
Old 5/25/14, 12:37 AM
Post *****

My fire insurance was in flux because the volunteer fire dept has been struggling with all us oldsters living out here!

The 'new' fire chief has already resigned. After agreeing to the wages, within about 4 months he demanded a raise. Good riddance!!

With all the newsless reporting, the public account failed to mention his 'training drill'. He came to an absentee owner's lot behind me with his volunteer crew (unannounced) and pumped 5000 gallons of water for a 'drill'. 5000 gallons!! When I came out (after my horses and dog were going nuts with the strangers) he seemed surprised to learn that he was pumping on private property. duh But continued his 'drill'.

So did he have an EPA permit? Where did that water come from?? Was he introducing foreign water to my aquifer??? You can't do anything in Oregon - even make a catch dam for rain water/snow melt - without a freakin permit! I'm sure I could cause him career trouble. Still pisses me off that ignorant moron! Go back to your Washington city fire house!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/25/14 at 02:05 AM.
Old 5/25/14, 01:02 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

My fire insurance was in flux because the volunteer fire dept has been struggling with all us oldsters living out here!

The 'new' fire chief has already resigned. After agreeing to the wages, within about 4 months he demanded a raise. Good riddance!!

With all the newsless reporting, the public account failed to mention his 'training drill'. He came to an absentee owner's lot behind me with his volunteer crew (unnannounced) and pumped 5000 gallons of water for a 'drill'. 5000 gallons!! When I came out (after my horses and dog were going nuts with the strangers) he seemed surprised to learn that he was pumping on private property. duh But continued his 'drill'.

So did he have an EPA permit? Where did that water come from?? Was he introducing foreign water to my aquifer??? You can't do anything in Oregon - even make a catch dam for rain water/snow melt - without a freakin permit! I'm sure I could cause him career trouble. Still pisses me off that ignorant moron! Go back to your Washington city fire house!!
Luckily my county has expanded fire service out here, damned good thing considering how much property taxes I pay (don't even get me started on that, you don't even want to know those numbers on this land )
But there is a county next to me that still has volunteer/pay fire departments and a while back a house caught on fire and they came out. However the people that lived there had forgotten to pay their $77 (IIRC) for fire service for the year and they drove their trucks out there and sat there and watched their house burn to the ground from a minor kitchen fire which spread across the yard to the barn and killed several horses and other livestock because they had overlooked the $77 bill.

How's the hay situation out there Charlie? Noticed everyone making their first cut and bailing of the year already this week. Looks like good stuff too.
Old 5/25/14, 01:12 AM
Post *****

Luckily my county has expanded fire service out here, damned good thing considering how much property taxes I pay (don't even get me started on that, you don't even want to know those numbers on this land )
But there is a county next to me that still has volunteer/pay fire departments and a while back a house caught on fire and they came out. However the people that lived there had forgotten to pay their $77 (IIRC) for fire service for the year and they drove their trucks out there and sat there and watched their house burn to the ground from a minor kitchen fire which spread across the yard to the barn and killed several horses and other livestock because they had overlooked the $77 bill.

How's the hay situation out there Charlie? Noticed everyone making their first cut and bailing of the year already this week. Looks like good stuff too.

lol In all my years all I've seen the local v fire dept do is keep it from spreading - while they watch your house burn. lol In the 80's I've seen them break out a few beers while they contain the fire, but not lately.

Hay is desperate. Really worried. Prob only get 2 cuttings. I'm praying it doesn't break 8k. (last year was 6900 for 10 units - just shy of 08 record that triggered the Great Implosion) You can't give horses away (not that I want to). People at the auction won't give $50 bucks because they know the feed bill attached to that.
I own stock in LUK that owns Nat'l Beef and they closed their CA slaughter house due to lack of beef.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/25/14 at 01:14 AM.
Old 5/25/14, 01:20 AM
Post *****

I'm actually considering a push mower with bagger. I have let the grass grow to seed the last several years (today have waist high 1/2 acre grass that is now going to tassels & seed this past week). I usually whack it with a weed whacker twice, and then it is so dry by late July it doesn't come back.
But if I could get even 10 bales (twice with watering a bit) I could pay for a lawn mower in a couple of years. Can't justify a rider though - its just not that big of 'lawn' in the shade of the big **** Ponderosa's. But I hate watching it go to waste with so many mouths to feed. Sadly nobody is halter broke and even if I e.fence in an area for the mares where the grass is (outside of their 'pastures'), the stallions go ballistic. "If I ain't gettin some, I'll hunt down the sucker that is!" is a stallions frame of mind.
Except I swore off cutting grass since a kid with the biggest lawn on the street in StL. lolol

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/25/14 at 01:25 AM.
Old 5/25/14, 01:21 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

lol In all my years all I've seen the local v fire dept do is keep it from spreading - while they watch your house burn. lol In the 80's I've seen them break out a few beers while they contain the fire, but not lately.

Hay is desperate. Really worried. Prob only get 2 cuttings. I'm praying it doesn't break 8k. (last year was 6900 for 10 units - just shy of 08 record that triggered the Great Implosion) You can't give horses away (not that I want to). People at the auction won't give $50 bucks because they know the feed bill attached to that.
I own stock in LUK that owns Nat'l Beef and they closed their CA slaughter house due to lack of beef.
It's looking pretty good here so far, but we'll have to see what the summer brings. As you know, that's where I get all my meat is from property leases. Some have cattle on it that graze and some cut hay on it for their cattle, so we'll see how it goes. Either way I'll get my high quality meat for the year and be able to pay the property taxes which kills my bottom line (and then some) but we'll just have to see how it goes, hopefully well. I need the money. Fat boy gotta eat.
Old 5/25/14, 01:23 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'm actually considering a push mower with bagger. I have let the grass grow to seed the last few years (today have waist high 1/2 acre grass that is going to seed). I usually whack it with a weed whacker twice, and then it is so dry it doesn't come back.
But if I could get even 10 bales (twice with watering a bit) I could pay for a lawn mower in a couple of years. Cant justify a rider though - its just not that big of 'lawn' in the shade of the big **** Ponderosa's.
Except I swore off cutting grass since a kid with the biggest lawn on the street in StL. lolol
Hey, man up, I just had to drop 5 grand on a Cub Cadet that would last and to keep the place looking decent.
Old 5/25/14, 01:30 AM
Post *****

It's looking pretty good here so far, but we'll have to see what the summer brings. As you know, that's where I get all my meat is from property leases. Some have cattle on it that graze and some cut hay on it for their cattle, so we'll see how it goes. Either way I'll get my high quality meat for the year and be able to pay the property taxes which kills my bottom line (and then some) but we'll just have to see how it goes, hopefully well. I need the money. Fat boy gotta eat.
Hey, man up, I just had to drop 5 grand on a Cub Cadet that would last and to keep the place looking decent.
Well you know... my insurance policy is - if things go **** up, I'm not afraid to start carvin steaks!

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/25/14 at 05:04 PM.
Old 5/25/14, 01:40 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'm actually considering a push mower with bagger. I have let the grass grow to seed the last several years (today have waist high 1/2 acre grass that is now going to tassels & seed this past week). I usually whack it with a weed whacker twice, and then it is so dry by late July it doesn't come back.
But if I could get even 10 bales (twice with watering a bit) I could pay for a lawn mower in a couple of years. Can't justify a rider though - its just not that big of 'lawn' in the shade of the big **** Ponderosa's. But I hate watching it go to waste with so many mouths to feed. Sadly nobody is halter broke and even if I e.fence in an area for the mares where the grass is (outside of their 'pastures'), the stallions go ballistic. "If I ain't gettin some, I'll hunt down the sucker that is!" is a stallions frame of mind.
I have a big yard, and I cut a lot of freakin' grass. And it grows wildly with a creek running along side of it between it and the woods. I'm actually thinking of letting some of it go back wild to cut down on the mowing but the little guys like having a football field in the lower yard to play on, (and now some of them like practicing their golf drives across it ) hopefully they'll be big enough to mow it themselves soon.

Well you know... my insurance policy is - if things go **** up, I'm not afraid to start carvin steaks!

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 5/25/14 at 11:02 AM.
Old 5/25/14, 01:52 AM
Post *****

(and now some of them like practicing their golf drives across it )
Old 5/25/14, 01:54 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spending the weekend on the beach. Haters gonna hate
Old 5/25/14, 02:05 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Yeah, they're down there with their golf bag, Abercrombie shirts and pleated shorts, gay little visor caps, etc. and I'm like "uncle Lee has to mow this ****, unless you're the next Tiger Woods its going back to bush hog status because its just too much for me to keep up".
Old 5/25/14, 02:10 AM
Post *****

and pleated shorts,

unless you're the next Tiger Woods
hobama mom jeans!

Yeah if they bring home a million from goff you'll gladly mow that grass! lol
Old 5/25/14, 02:13 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Boss 1409

Old 5/25/14, 08:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 5/25/14, 12:06 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Dang it's boring around here.
Old 5/25/14, 01:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
On our way to one of the smaller local airports to check out the B-17, B-24, B-25 and P-51 they have on display. Also doing rides, but too much $$$ for us lol
Old 5/25/14, 01:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
yup!
Old 5/25/14, 02:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's a few!
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-10413624.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-3101208882.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-3785617242.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-2661528979.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-613043120.jpg  

Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-1211550798.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-2791662288.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-1390517754.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-2141897990.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-3108512044.jpg  

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast