Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/14, 06:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks Gary , hope you get better soon.
Old 5/21/14, 06:15 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I honestly wanted to post when I felt better.

But I don't feel better yet. Had surgery last night from about 8-10pm. Got out of recovery room at midnight and while i was better than they expected me to be I though I felt a lot worse than anyone described to me.

I have no complications to speak of and the nurse tells me I have a perfect incision and it's healing nicely.

I'm connected to so many tubes I can barely move. I haven't been able to sleep a wink. If I try to fall asleep I usually startle myself awake almost immediately. I know it will get better but it's hard right now. Too many things to talk about and honestly it's probably a little gross. I think the thing I'm holding onto is that I should improve every day. And my long term goal is to go home Tuesday.
I've been praying for you. Really hope you feel better soon.
Old 5/21/14, 06:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I don't pray anymore, but I've been hoping you get better man. Hope you get to go home Tuesday!
Old 5/21/14, 06:32 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Thanks everyone
Old 5/21/14, 06:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I honestly wanted to post when I felt better. But I don't feel better yet. Had surgery last night from about 8-10pm. Got out of recovery room at midnight and while i was better than they expected me to be I though I felt a lot worse than anyone described to me. I have no complications to speak of and the nurse tells me I have a perfect incision and it's healing nicely. I'm connected to so many tubes I can barely move. I haven't been able to sleep a wink. If I try to fall asleep I usually startle myself awake almost immediately. I know it will get better but it's hard right now. Too many things to talk about and honestly it's probably a little gross. I think the thing I'm holding onto is that I should improve every day. And my long term goal is to go home Tuesday.
Gary your on your way to recovery. Get well Sir.
Old 5/21/14, 07:22 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Same here from one Gary to another get better soon! The real healing begins when you get home!
Old 5/21/14, 07:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I'd like to try it with the vanilla added too. I'm just wondering if 1 tsp is too much since the recipe only yields 9 muffins. I wouldn't want it to be too overpowering

Is this the same one with the red velvet cake recipe that I still want you to get for me?
I thought about that too, maybe try half that and see how they turn out and then increase it if its not enough.

No, that's my aunt that doesn't usually use recipes just makes them from memory.

I honestly wanted to post when I felt better.

But I don't feel better yet. Had surgery last night from about 8-10pm. Got out of recovery room at midnight and while i was better than they expected me to be I though I felt a lot worse than anyone described to me.

I have no complications to speak of and the nurse tells me I have a perfect incision and it's healing nicely.

I'm connected to so many tubes I can barely move. I haven't been able to sleep a wink. If I try to fall asleep I usually startle myself awake almost immediately. I know it will get better but it's hard right now. Too many things to talk about and honestly it's probably a little gross. I think the thing I'm holding onto is that I should improve every day. And my long term goal is to go home Tuesday.
Really sorry to hear that man, I hope you start pulling out of it soon.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Same here from one Gary to another get better soon! The real healing begins when you get home!

You've got that right. I think the hospital just sucks the will out of a person, just about everyone I can think of that has been in the hospital like that seemed to do miraculously better soon as they got back home.
Old 5/21/14, 08:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Lee, you still on vacation?
Old 5/21/14, 08:10 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by shurtual86
Hey Lee, you still on vacation?
Got home earlier this evening.
Old 5/21/14, 08:39 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A) But I don't feel better yet.

B) I have no complications to speak of and the nurse tells me I have a perfect incision and it's healing nicely.

C) If I try to fall asleep I usually startle myself awake almost immediately.
A) I'm guessing not only because of surgery, but that your system is still processing stuff out of your body.

B) Chicks dig scars! (or so I was told )

C) Hey - its like Greyhound "leave the driving to us". Let go man! Turn your brain off and let them take care of you. Believe me, you're paying for it, so get a return on your investment.
They are there to wait on you. There's nothing pressing that's more important than you getting good rest and healing.
Until they come to draw blood.
And then get you up walking every day. lol

Remember Ja 5.16: Really, the petition of (several) a God fearing bloke(s) is very effective! (from one of my British Bibles lol)

So see, now you're stuck. You have to heal promptly. Many of us are praying for your cantankerous self.

In my Dad's later years he had some colon sections removed because of 'pre-cancerous polyps'. The second one took most of his colon (but never needed a colostomy). So I'll leave you with his sense of humor:

"I came in for a muffler job, and they gave me straight pipes!!"

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/14 at 08:40 PM.
Old 5/21/14, 09:13 PM
Post *****

They were giving me Dilaudid for pain in the push button pump both before and after the surgery. But I was sweating like crazy and I had no fever. I mean my had was constantly wet and it was driving me nuts.

So about 2 hours ago they switched me to morphine and it seems much better. I'm not sweating at least.
Old 5/21/14, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get well soon, Gary... and Lee, I'm glad you got home safely.
Old 5/21/14, 09:23 PM
Post *****

It always fascinates me how people react so differently to the same medicine.

They gave me morphine when I was in for the stallion thing years ago, and it gave me a splitting headache. So they switched me to darvon which worked great. (Darvon worked for my dad too. )

But they quit making that so when I was in for open chest surgeries, they gave me dilaudid injections with percocet in between. Worked good. Once they finally dialed it in. (they want you to take full breaths and cough right away as soon as you wake up in ICU and man that was some serious pain! Every breath hurt ribs & sternum!)

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/14 at 09:25 PM.
Old 5/21/14, 09:32 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
It always fascinates me how people react so differently to the same medicine. They gave me morphine when I was in for the stallion thing years ago, and it gave me a splitting headache. So they switched me to darvon which worked great. (Darvon worked for my dad too. ) But they quit making that so when I was in for open chest surgeries, they gave me dilaudid injections with percocet in between. Worked good. Once they finally dialed it in. (they want you to take full breaths and cough right away as soon as you wake up in ICU and man that was some serious pain! Every breath hurt ribs & sternum!)
First thing I did when I woke up in recovery was I had to cough. A deep cough. It felt I ripped myself apart. My immediate words were "oh **** that hurt"
Old 5/21/14, 09:35 PM
Post *****

First thing I did when I woke up in recovery was I had to cough. A deep cough. It felt I ripped myself apart. My immediate words were "oh **** that hurt"
esp with your stomach muscles I bet.
Old 5/21/14, 10:41 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
esp with your stomach muscles I bet.
I just grabbed about an hour of sleep just now.

Got woken up by the nurse but she was trying to be quiet

Now to try again.
Old 5/22/14, 07:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Gary I missed what happened or is happening, but whatever it is I hope you get well soon!!
Old 5/22/14, 08:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

They put me on morphine when I had appendicitis. Never again. It fricken made me hallucinate and so paranoid. I hope I never have surgery again. The throat tube and catheter are enough to make me not want to spend any more time in a hospital, not to mention the drugs. They gave me Vicodin when I got discharged - didn't even take one. I just took Tylenol and dealt with the pain
Old 5/22/14, 08:59 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
They put me on morphine when I had appendicitis. Never again. It fricken made me hallucinate
Where do I sign up??
Old 5/22/14, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
Where do I sign up??
Lol I was 15 then, the thought of selling them at school may or may not have crossed my mind but I ended up throwing them out a couple years later

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast