Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/13, 12:51 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just don't understand going back to a company you know was like this and being surprised that is still sucked. That's like a women going back to an abusive husband and being shocked when he hits her.
Old 8/9/13, 01:04 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I just don't understand going back to a company you know was like this and being surprised that is still sucked. That's like a women going back to an abusive husband and being shocked when he hits her.
So he could set up a law suit. :duh:
Old 8/9/13, 01:33 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
IIRC he was unemployed for awhile. Jobs aren't near as plentiful as liar hobama spews. Even in commiefornia. Maybe that's all that opened up for him with his work history. You guys are assuming an awful lot of awful.
Old 8/9/13, 02:05 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
any person can find trouble if they look for it ....took my company 6 months to get rid of such ...
Old 8/9/13, 02:29 PM

Well a company is not gonna hire a person, train them, get 5 months of hard work, and then just cut them. Sounds like old boy was not a valued employee. "Busting his *** all day" doesn't sound quite accurate. I'm sure the company has gone through more employees than he has had jobs. If it seems like he won't be a long term valuable employee, why keep him around long enough to cash in stock in the company? As far as working on lunch break, not getting a break after 5hrs, sounds like a lot of petty issues to play a victim role.
Old 8/9/13, 02:39 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Well a company is not gonna hire a person, train them, get 5 months of hard work, and then just cut them. Sounds like old boy was not a valued employee. "Busting his *** all day" doesn't sound quite accurate. I'm sure the company has gone through more employees than he has had jobs. If it seems like he won't be a long term valuable employee, why keep him around long enough to cash in stock in the company? As far as working on lunch break, not getting a break after 5hrs, sounds like a lot of petty issues to play a victim role.
The lunch break thing is not him whining, its what lawmakers have required. You know, all those posters in the break room from the State? Which many say came from union precedent being applied for all workers. Like the 40 hour week (allegedly).

I never got any breaks or lunch - because part of my compensation was commission so that negated union requirements (for the few years I was a teamster), as well as State requirements (after we voted the union out). But hourly workers are given those breaks and every company knows it. It is a vital part of safe working conditions so employees stay alert. It also improves productivity. To violate those breaks is a violation of State (& prob Fed) employment laws, subject to fine and punishment. Its even against the law not to display those posters.

So you're kind of singling him out when he is just stating State required work conditions.

And ditching a person before vesting is as old as the concept of vesting. Again, you have union protection against these things. Most workers in retail or customer service have no such protection. But we do have the right to legal representation. He is exercising that right. Just like you would by filing a grievance with your steward(?) or whatever they're called.

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/9/13 at 02:52 PM.
Old 8/9/13, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco

The lunch break thing is not him whining, its what lawmakers have required. You know, all those posters in the break room from the State? Which many say came from union precedent being applied for all workers. Like the 40 hour week (allegedly).

I never got any breaks or lunch - because part of my compensation was commission so that negated union requirements (for the few years I was a teamster), as well as State requirements (after we voted the union out). But hourly workers are given those breaks and every company knows it. It is a vital part of safe working conditions so employees stay alert. It also improves productivity. To violate those breaks is a violation of State (& prob Fed) employment laws, subject to fine and punishment. Its even against the law not to display those posters.

So you're kind of singling him out when he is just stating State required work conditions.

And ditching a person before vesting is as old as the concept of vesting. Again, you have union protection against these things. Most workers in retail or customer service have no such protection. But we do have the right to legal representation. He is exercising that right.
I didn't have union representation till I completed 6months of employment. So they could have canned my *** for any reason before. I'm willing to bet he wasn't denied a lunch break or forced to work when not on the clock. I can't take this guys side after reading all of his posts. One call to a labor board would have resolved these issues. He's just been documenting and building a case because he knew he wasn't gonna be around long.
Old 8/9/13, 02:54 PM
Post *****

As far as working on lunch break, not getting a break after 5hrs, sounds like a lot of petty issues to play a victim role.
Found it! lol

Is that what you told your buddy at work?

Old 8/9/13, 03:05 PM

Found it! lol

Is that what you told your buddy at work?

Lmao. There's always a few around. This isn't really about my job though. With my position in life, politics, employment, etc, I should be rooting for the little man too. I should be against the evil oppressive corporation also. Just sounds like a whole bunch of crapola to me. The same type of behavior you so readily rebuke is now being encouraged by you. Freeloading gubment handout folks or sue happy corporate victims. How much a difference between the two are we talking about here?
Old 8/9/13, 03:23 PM
Post *****

Lmao. There's always a few around. This isn't really about my job though. With my position in life, politics, employment, etc, I should be rooting for the little man too. I should be against the evil oppressive corporation also. Just sounds like a whole bunch of crapola to me. The same type of behavior you so readily rebuke is now being encouraged by you. Freeloading gubment handout folks or sue happy corporate victims. How much a difference between the two are we talking about here?
I'm taking into consideration that we have very little info, and what he has posted is in part from his frustration and anger. So we're just getting fast highlights. And he is wise for not posting the entire matter.

So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I realize there are always two sides to a story, but after finishing school, being out of work for awhile, now having a baby coming; I seriously doubt he would risk losing his job by being a slacker. And even if he wins his case, whatever money is available after legal fees, is a long way down the road. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him risking current income just for a 'maybe' gain later.

Regardless, the freeloading gubment handout folks have nothing to do with standing up for one's rights against a company that appears they care less about healthy employee relationships - as evidenced by their previous failure in the class action that made the news months ago.

My career was split between being a corporate employee and self-employment - where I sold my paper to a corporation. Either way there were upper middle manager jackwhads. Any time they so much as appeared to **** with my commission check, I was all over them. Thankfully I never had to get legal help.

But I have had to do that against insurance companies and against the government. If you screw with what the contract says is owed to me, or if you falsely malign my character and reputation, I'm gonna stand up and fight for my money and for my good name. That doesn't make me a gubmint handout freeloader or sue happy. So I support Patrick in standing up for what he believes is right. I would support you for doing the same.

>Self defense is NOT a gun grime. Nor does it make you 'sue happy'.

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/9/13 at 03:30 PM.
Old 8/9/13, 03:33 PM

I'm taking into consideration that we have very little info, and what he has posted is in part from his frustration and anger. So we're just getting fast highlights. And he is wise for not posting the entire matter.

So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I realize there are always two sides to a story, but after finishing school, being out of work for awhile, now having a baby coming; I seriously doubt he would risk losing his job by being a slacker. And even if he wins his case, whatever money is available after legal fees, is a long way down the road. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see him risking current income just for a 'maybe' gain later.

Regardless, the freeloading gubment handout folks have nothing to do with standing up for one's rights against a company that appears they care less about healthy employee relationships - as evidenced by their previous failure in the class action that made the news months ago.

My career was split between being a corporate employee and self-employment - where I sold my paper to a corporation. Either way there were upper middle manager jackwhads. Any time they so much as appeared to **** with my commission check, I was all over them. Thankfully I never had to get legal help.

But I have had to do that against insurance companies and against the government. If you screw with what the contract says is owed to me, or if you falsely malign my character and reputation, I'm gonna stand up and fight for my money and for my name. That doesn't make me a gubmint handout freeloader or sue happy. So I support Patrick in standing up for what he believes is right. I would support you for doing the same.
We also don't know why he was fired. It wasn't because he was a model employee for sure. If you're unjustly canned then go ahead and fight them. If you weren't cutting it, the company doesn't owe you anything.
Old 8/9/13, 03:38 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Once again internet discussions never do an in-person conversation justice . . .
Old 8/9/13, 03:41 PM
Post *****

We also don't know why he was fired. It wasn't because he was a model employee for sure. If you're unjustly canned then go ahead and fight them. If you weren't cutting it, the company doesn't owe you anything.
You have been living in the union shell for so long you have forgotten what its like in the real world - the real world of 14% UE with tens of thousands of people waiting for your job, and jackwhad managers that get away with all kinds of crap.

From a California legal site:
---- Does an employer need a reason to fire me?
---- Does an employer need a reason to demote me?
---- Is an employer required to warn me before firing me?
---- Can an employer fire me for something I did not do?
---- Can an employer fire me without due process?

Answer: If you are an at-will employee, you can be fired or demoted on a whim, without warning, with no due process, for no reason at all, or even for a false reason.
Here is the simple rule.
Here is the simple rule, and it may challenge your fundamental understanding of employment. If there is no agreement to the contrary, an employer does not need any reason to fire you. You can be fired on the complete whim of your employer. This is called “at-will” employment. Just as you are free to leave a job whenever you please, the employer can fire you whenever he, she or it pleases. This also applies to demotions, which the courts view as a lesser form of termination.
When we explain this to people, we often get stunned silence. It is so contrary to what they believe, they are certain we must be mistaken. For the person’s entire working life, they had proceeded under the assumption that so long as they showed up at work and did a good job, they could not be fired. Having been fired for what they consider a trivial reason, they assumed there would be recourse through the courts. And there we are, taking away that cherished belief.

Old 8/9/13, 04:00 PM

You have been living in the union shell for so long you have forgotten what its like in the real world - the real world of 14% UE with tens of thousands of people waiting for your job, and jackwhad managers that get away with all kinds of crap.

Answer: If you are an at-will employee, you can be fired or demoted on a whim, without warning, with no due process, for no reason at all, or even for a false reason.
Here is the simple rule.
Here is the simple rule, and it may challenge your fundamental understanding of employment. If there is no agreement to the contrary, an employer does not need any reason to fire you. You can be fired on the complete whim of your employer. This is called “at-will” employment. Just as you are free to leave a job whenever you please, the employer can fire you whenever he, she or it pleases. This also applies to demotions, which the courts view as a lesser form of termination.
When we explain this to people, we often get stunned silence. It is so contrary to what they believe, they are certain we must be mistaken. For the person’s entire working life, they had proceeded under the assumption that so long as they showed up at work and did a good job, they could not be fired. Having been fired for what they consider a trivial reason, they assumed there would be recourse through the courts. And there we are, taking away that cherished belief.
I still remember where I come from Charlie. I was one hell of a technician. Never had to kiss ***. Never had to worry about losing my job. I quit the same dealership at least 5 times and another dealer twice. I was valuable to these dealers. They could have fired me at any time for any reason even with my attitude towards owners and managers. Lol
Old 8/9/13, 04:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
As far as working on lunch break, not getting a break after 5hrs, sounds like a lot of petty issues to play a victim role.
Says the guy who sleeps 4 hours a shift and watches Netflix the rest of the night.
Old 8/9/13, 04:22 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I haven't read anything in the last few pages
Old 8/9/13, 04:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Here is the simple rule.
This is again true. I wish I could tell you the whole story, and after talking to the attorney today, I probably never will be able to. Just like a spouse suspecting their spouse of cheating, typically if you suspect, you're probably doing the same thing. I did a **** good job, and worked hard. I can post snapshots of my time card if you like, where I worked 30 days straight without a day off when I was working in LA. My previous manager brought me back up, and with one day in between, she put me on graveyard. That's when my complaint to HR was filed. A week later, they transferred me to another location, farther away from home requiring bridge toll, changing my previously set schedule to M-F (I volunteered to work every weekend because my girlfriend works at her family's restaurant and is required to work weekends - we had M-T off together, and my coworkers enjoyed their weekends off) with no compensation for my increased travel time/transportation costs or bridge toll. That's called retaliation in the real world.

By the way I just received my last check, finally, over 24 hours later. There's not even so much as a letter explaining why I was let go. Just all benefits stuff from Cobra. And thanks Al, but I have networked and made contacts with coworkers/customers so that I might have doors open for me - it's called insurance. My uncle taught me that long ago. He pays $40/month to a private head hunter to look for positions for him, in case he is ever laid off or fired on the spot, so that he can go right into another position without having to resort to unemployment. I've been on unemployment once, after I left the company the first time, and it was terrible. I felt so useless and hypocritical. I vowed to never do it again, even though my parents are advising I at least apply. I said no. I have enough money to make it a few months, and hope one of my contacts will come through before that, so that I don't need to resort to unemployment. It is SUCH a hassle too, for tax reporting and all the red tape. So not worth it.

When it's all said and done, I don't need to prove anything on this board, and respect your opinions and skepticism - I'd probably assume the same if I were in your shoes. For the record, I quit my last job before this one, on my own accord, because I was contemplating going to OCS and was in talks with a recruiter. I decided I didn't want to put forth the long term time commitment and went back to getting into law enforcement. I had a sizable chunk of Apple stock that I had been holding onto, so I cashed it out and lived off of that for a few months while I went through the application process for the Sheriff's. It was such a long process and I got wait listed, but I happened to have a friend that got hired by this company and referred me - I reluctantly took it because they actually wanted me back, and it was the only position that got back to me after I started looking for a job to hold me over until the Academy started. It was only a temporary position, which I intended to hold until this past June, but my application for the Sheriff got put on hold again until this upcoming January, so I stayed where I was. I hate jumping around from job to job, and you're right - the turnover at this company is astronomically high. You are considered a "veteran" if you're there 6 months, and very few of the original staff are still there. They fire people left and right, just because someone doesn't like someone else. That being said, I was never given a job description for my most current position (after the transfer) and I asked multiple times for it. If I was not performing those "unknown" duties well, management is supposed to come up with an "action plan" typically accompanied by setting a goal and a timeframe to meet that goal. There was no action plan given, nor a review etc. Like Charlie said regarding the double digit unemployment, there is a line of people that they can fill your spot with, and especially so with this high profile company. I didn't take this position to plan a lawsuit. I planned the lawsuit after they started d*cking me around and it began to affect my personal life and financial future. The attorney was just laughing at what I told him today, as he probably knows he's going to have a field day with this case. He was in disbelief they didn't even hand me my check on my way out - that is such a simple law to follow that they couldn't even be bothered to do THAT right - now just think about what other illegal acts they have been pulling...
Old 8/9/13, 04:42 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
sure you have .. it was good news that steffy dropped in ...
Old 8/9/13, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Says the guy who sleeps 4 hours a shift and watches Netflix the rest of the night.
Yeah but my job gets done. Not sure how but it gets done.
Old 8/9/13, 05:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Sorry, I'm bickering. And trying not to spread libel all over the place, but Al is trying to draw it out of me

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast