Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/11, 01:52 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
"Well then, what are you afraid of...?"
"Not a **** thing..."
Old 1/4/11, 01:52 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrong thread, lol.
Old 1/4/11, 04:49 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 152 Likes on 115 Posts
. It's not 2 years of free service, it's a way for them to cover their asses, in case of some new recall. They won't have to publish it publicly, just tell their mechanics to fix stuff when the cars come in. It's rather brilliant, actually.
they supposedely ( spelling ?) fixed my sticking gas pedal but it still sticks .. whenever i go up a long hill and get to the top and let off the gas it still runs like i didn`t let off .. i go to neutral and my engine still is revving 3 grand for about 10 seconds
Old 1/4/11, 06:23 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
fockin' bummer... Grammie Chelse's sick.

Seems like she's chokin' on flem. Prob won't make it through the night. Came on just this afternoon. She had green flem coming out her nostrils and as she would try to breathe and cough she actually threw up a couple of times. Never seen a horse do that. If its pneumonia then its prob coming from her lungs, but she actually threw up.
She then went over and laid down and I thought oh man here we go. But she seemed to get some of it swallowed and she stood up again.
So I brought her a pan of water and she rinsed her lips like she's getting ready to drink and then suddenly threw up in the pan - and dang near on me.
If she makes it through the night I'll go into town and get some penicillin. If it is pneumonia that may help her. But I'm thinking maybe its more like cancer eating up her organs. Its hard to keep weight on a 30 yr old horse as it is, and so her flanks are kind of sunken in. But I figured that's because she's lost some teeth. So I've been giving her a pellet type feed every day for months now and she's maintained her weight, though still on the thin side.
Haven't had a horse die since 01.
How is Grammie Chelse? I hope she pulled through.
Old 1/4/11, 09:21 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems a Texan fails to make a complete stop at a stop sign, and gets
pulled over by a local policeman. Guy hands the cop his driver's license,
insurance verification and vehicle registration, plus his concealed handgun
permit. "Okay, Mr. Thibodeaux," the cop says, "I see you have Concealed
Handgun Permit. Are you carrying today?"
"Yes, I am."
"Well then, better tell me what you got."
Thibodeaux says, "Well, I got a .40 caliber Glock on my right hip and a .357
magnum revolver in the glove box. And, I've got a .22 derringer in my right
boot."
"Okay," the cop says. "Anything else?"
"Yeah, back in the trunk, there's an AR15 rifle and a 12 gauge pump shotgun.
That's about it."
"Mr. Thibodaux, are you on your way to or from a gun range...?"
"Nope."
"Well then, what are you afraid of...?"
"Not a **** thing..."
Gotta love texas!
Old 1/4/11, 02:03 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
How is Grammie Chelse? I hope she pulled through.

1.4.11 Thanx! I didn't post yesterday because I was dumbfounded. Still am. So I waited an extra day to make sure. lol As I live and breathe... she lives and breathes! I'm lookin out the window at her right now jostling for the sun through the trees to warm her old bones.

When I woke up and looked out yesterday morning, all I could say was "that can't be, that can't be". I mean I'm a person of strong faith but I've had enough experiences that even after strong outcries and fervent prayers, animals seem to usually run their course - or I have to put them down out of compassion (which really gets me pissed off and cantankerous and its best to stay the hell away from me for days or weeks). And gut problems are typically fatal with horses.
When I went out she answered to her call and dug right into her hay. I looked around and there's one spot with a little drainage in the snow that might have happened during the night after I went in. But other than that I didn't see anymore places where she threw up. Remember there's snow everywhere so you can track it. I even took pics of the 3 places she threw up and the corner where the streams from her nostrils froze in the snow.
So then I gave her the pan of pellet feed and she ate just fine - like nothing happened. In fact she came trotting over and nickering for it like she always does. A good appetite and a spring in their step are key indicators a horse is feeling fine. My plan was to run to the vet and get penicillin, but since she's eating fine and no more drainage (or gurgling as she breathes), I decided to wait a day and watch.

I had such a horrid Sunday night because a) I didn't want to go out to feed because she'd either be dead or I'd have to shoot her; b) tossing and turning about what to do with her if she's dead. The tallow truck can't get in because of the snow but even to bury her on the ranch I'd have to get a cat to open up the back part so a backhoe could dig a hole. And I know this sounds gross to most people, but I have pondered over and over and I really want to have her hide tanned. It is so beautiful and my stallion's turned out so great as a bedspread. But Chelse is a blue roan with spotted blanket. The blue is pretty and just too good to waste goin' in the ground. And the hide keeps their memory alive in a tangible way. She’s the matriarch of most my herd and been here 18 1/2 years.* But I had to accept that I couldn't have done it. Just too cold and too much snow.

Thinking back, the good news is I don't think she has cancer because there would have been blood in her fluids, right? And it was a green mucous looking mix that could be lung mucous (which is what I thought like pneumonia). But it could also have been gut fluid from digested hay. A couple of the horses seem to slobber sometimes as I'm talkin' to them while I grab their hay - kind of like Pavlov’s dog. Maybe she had an excess for some reason or tried to swallow when some came up and so it came through her nostrils?? Then maybe the choking on that caused her to throw up?? Therefore maybe it’s not an infection or pneumonia and doesn't need penicillin. It’s a puzzle.

Either way, intense prayers of thanks to our Heavenly Father thru His Son.

Looks like Chelse proved the experts wrong:

Can horses chew their cud like cattle?

Last Updated: July 16, 2006
The horse's (non-ruminant herbivore) gastrointestinal tract differs from that of cattle (ruminant). The horse's soft palate closes after it swallows food, trapping the food in the larynx. In addition, the horse has muscular contractions in the esophagus that only go in a downward direction. Unlike cattle, the horse cannot reverse the direction of esophageal contractions. The cardiac sphincter muscle closes tightly when food enters the stomach and does not release, trapping food in the stomach. Therefore, horses cannot regurgitate their food and chew it again like cattle can.

* (During the evening I realized that Chelse Girl has been Charliehorse's companion longer than any other female, edging out x.1 by a year and a half. I’m not sure why, but I find it extremely satisfying that Chelse now holds that distinction forever in my life. I feel proud that title now belongs to a horse - rather than the horse’s ***!! )
Attached Images    

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/4/11 at 03:03 PM.
Old 1/4/11, 02:49 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

That's great news Charlie!

Oh, and my doggie's coat is similar
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-freckles-backyard.jpg  
Old 1/4/11, 03:06 PM
Post *****

Oh, and my doggie's coat is similar
Blue coats on animals are cool. Two of Chelse's kids are jet black w/blanket w/spots. But even as one has roaned a bit in the summer, it isn't the blue - its black with white hairs. Maybe in later years...
Old 1/4/11, 03:46 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
buying a used supercharger pulley. Then when i can get enough money for a tuner I will have it ready.

With buying used parts I'm hoping to add 100+hp for less then 500 bucks.
Old 1/4/11, 04:11 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Charlie, that's great about your horse, glad to hear she's perked back up

So I sold my side steps the other day, and promptly spent all the motor they went for on tune up stuffs! Distributor cap/rotor, spark plugs/wires, oil & filter, and I woulda done fuel filter but I did that last year. Cured the slight hesitation I had on cold starts and now it's back to butter smooth idling and no ever so slight miss

Originally Posted by 1999Pony
Soo Ive been looking and when I finally start to build my motor, which I've been saying Im going to do for 2yrs now , Im building it for a turbo . Ive been wanting to do FI eventually with it but Im just gonna go ahead and boost it off the bat
Originally Posted by Knight
buying a used supercharger pulley. Then when i can get enough money for a tuner I will have it ready.

To both of these: Great news!
Old 1/4/11, 04:48 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
+1!
Originally Posted by Knight

Wish it were that easy for me.
Old 1/4/11, 07:09 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Wish it were that easy for me.
Thats what she said!
Old 1/5/11, 02:41 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow, dead all night!
Old 1/5/11, 05:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Awesome News Charlie!
Old 1/5/11, 06:20 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Blue coats on animals are cool. Two of Chelse's kids are jet black w/blanket w/spots. But even as one has roaned a bit in the summer, it isn't the blue - its black with white hairs. Maybe in later years...
Everybody comments on her coat and her eyes. We got her from some friends of ours. They were getting ready to breed their chocolate lab but before they were able to, their dog was violated by a blue merle australian shepherd. There were 12 puppies in the litter. 9 are brown like their mommy and 3 of them spotted. Of the 3 spotted ones, one has a crooked tail and one has no tail and Freckles has a complete tail. She is the bestest =)
Old 1/5/11, 12:35 PM
Post *****

Old 1/5/11, 04:01 PM

Dead around here.
Old 1/5/11, 04:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah, I had nothing to read this morning before work!
Old 1/5/11, 04:06 PM

I'm trying to clean all the old junk out of my closet so I can put my other junk in it. That's my day.

(waiting for someone's lame attempt at a joke here. :P)
Old 1/5/11, 04:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was browsing superchargers today, now i'm getting the itch! want one so bad.

:3

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast