Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/11, 12:23 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Hopefully we won't get much. If we do, it's ok cuz I'm driving my new winter beater
I hate you ....ok I don't I'm just jealous.
Old 1/11/11, 12:23 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
i swear, i couldn't make this up

urine controlled video game
Old 1/11/11, 12:52 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
I hate you ....ok I don't I'm just jealous.
Jealous because we aren't getting much snow again or jealous of my new beater? BTW......did the gf get a ring yet?

Originally Posted by StangMahn
i swear, i couldn't make this up

urine controlled video game
That's just stupid. (you guys will just look for any excuse to play with your peckers
Old 1/11/11, 12:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 627 Likes on 452 Posts

That's just stupid. (you guys will just look for any excuse to play with your peckers
Sounds like controller envy to me.
Old 1/11/11, 01:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
I think it was a great game. They both have very explosive offenses, but it ended up being a total defensive battle. The coaches did their homework and shut down the key players on both sides.

Oregon however failde hard in the red zone.

all in all though, War Eagle baby!
Yeah it was. Congrats Auburn! I read this is their first since '57.

But for all the hype, dem big SEC boys barely squeaked out the win!
I thought Cam was very strong - but not spectacular.
Thomas wasn't on his game (like Vick wasn't this last weekend). Too many underthrows.
Auburn's defense played as anticipated. However I think the Stanford front line guys looked bigger as they towered over the Ducks in that first game.
The surprise to me was how strong the Duck defense was!
I was frustrated that the Ducks kept trying similar plays up the middle - when Auburn clearly had that shut down. Lost several 3rd down conversions with the same failed plays.
I was frustrated over that 'tackle' that wasn't a tackle. I didn't know the thing about the knee - and apparently the Duck defense didn't either. I thought when you're in the grasp on the ground that was it. But I'm no rule expert. (I've never even learned to name all the positions after all these years since I never played. )
I think Fairley is a monster. Moves pretty quick for being so big. However, that knee to the nuts of the guy that was down - after the whistle blew - was over the top. Instead of 15 yards, he should have been hit 15 times with a baseball bat. If he's that great, he doesn't have to be stupid dirty. At least learn to be less obvious.

As far the plays, the Ducks are some risk takin' lil' scrappers!

Made for an exciting game! Congrats again!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/11/11 at 02:11 PM.
Old 1/11/11, 02:08 PM
Post *****

BTW......did the gf get a ring yet?
I have one for sale.
Old 1/11/11, 02:13 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Yeah it was. Congrats Auburn! I read this is their first since '57.

I thought Cam was very strong - but not spectacular.
Thomas wasn't on his game (like Vick wasn't this last weekend). Too many underthrows.
Auburn's defense played as anticipated (even though dem big boys barely squeaked it out!). However I think the Stanford front line guys looked bigger as they towered over the Ducks in that first game.
The surprise to me was how strong the Duck defense was.
I was frustrated that the Ducks kept trying similar plays up the middle - when Auburn clearly had that shut down. Lost several 3rd down conversions with the same failed plays.
I was frustrated over that 'tackle' that wasn't a tackle. I didn't know the thing about the knee - and apparently the Duck defense didn't either. I thought when you're in the grasp on the ground that was it. But I'm no rule expert. (I've never even learned to name all the positions after all these years since I never played. )
I think Fairley is a monster. Moves pretty quick for being so big. However, that knee to the nuts of the guy that was down - after the whistle blew - was over the top. Instead of 15 yards, he shouldn't have been hit 15 times with a baseball bat. If he's that great, he doesn't have to be stupid dirty. At least learn to be less obvious.

As far the plays, the Ducks are some risk takin' lil' scrappers!

Made for an exciting game! Congrats again!!
Key points to what you said.

Oregon's D did their job and seriously put pressure on Cam. He didnt look nearly as good as he has the rest of the season. But when he did get a few good plays going, he's a beast. I mean he gets tackled, takes a few steps dragging the guy and still falls foward 2-3 yards.

Auburns Defense stepped up better than they have all season. The 2 turn overs first off were exceptional. Our secondary hasnt been good all season and they showed up this game thankfully.

Fairly.. yeah he's a beast. He however was not the one who knee'd the guy down. That was #32, Eric Smith. Smith should be kicked off the team imo. Shoudl have been prior to the season anyway. According to some sources, he like got into a fight with a AU student previously and was sued, should have been kicked off then but was only suspended. I honestly wasnt sad to see oregon rattle him enough up after the quarter or half (i forget) and he left the game. Fairly on the other hand, he's taken out a few quarterbacks this season with extremely hard hits. He's had his share of controversy of being a dirty player, but overall, id never want to be in a line up against him.

My biggest thing with Chizick, he's an amazing defensive coach, but i wish he'd enforce more discipline in the D. The offense line is great, full of classy seniors, which is gonna make for a bad next year due to a fresh class.

I will say this, Oregon has the coolest uniforms around, except for those dang yellow socks.
Old 1/11/11, 02:15 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Oh and on Oregon trying to run up the middle.. welcome to the SEC, such a classic play that defenses are designed specifically to stop it. Thats why SEC running backs look like lineman
Old 1/11/11, 02:33 PM
Post *****

Fairly.. yeah he's a beast. He however was not the one who knee'd the guy down. That was #32, Eric Smith.

I will say this, Oregon has the coolest uniforms around, except for those dang yellow socks.
Oops... my bad.

Yeah the notes from the guys at my fav brew pub all posted the loss was due to them socks! the brewmaster wrote:
The stupid yellow socks cursed the Ducks!!!!!

It would have been fun to be at the bar but I'm obsessed with DVR rewind and slow motion so I stayed home. lol

PS: What's with all the slippage? Can't NIKE make cleats or did they water the grass?? Seems like I saw the same thing at the previous Glendale game and at the Rose Bowl that had 'specially made' shoes.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/11/11 at 02:51 PM.
Old 1/11/11, 02:37 PM
Post *****

Oh and on Oregon trying to run up the middle.. welcome to the SEC, such a classic play that defenses are designed specifically to stop it. Thats why SEC running backs look like lineman
Must be all them hog bbq's.
Old 1/11/11, 02:46 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Must be all them hog bbq's.
Corn fed, southern boys at their best!

But yeah on the field slipping, everyone was. I couldnt figure it out either since it was in a friggin DOME! Oh and why did they have aerial coverage of a domed game lol. What a waste of money. "Yup theres a game going on in there.." Most boring flight for the pilots ever.
Old 1/11/11, 03:43 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I have one for sale.
Ring or girlfriend? If the GF is cheap I might take her off your hands.

Corn fed, southern boys at their best!

But yeah on the field slipping, everyone was. I couldnt figure it out either since it was in a friggin DOME! Oh and why did they have aerial coverage of a domed game lol. What a waste of money. "Yup theres a game going on in there.." Most boring flight for the pilots ever.
Congrats on your team winning Scothew!

As for me I missed the game. I worked late, came home and turned on the TV not even realizing the game was on. I was flipping the channels on my antenna TV completely oblivious to the fact that there was a BCS championship game on satellite. What an idiot I am.
Old 1/11/11, 05:33 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Jealous because we aren't getting much snow again or jealous of my new beater? BTW......did the gf get a ring yet?
Jealous cuz I want a Super Duty too.

As for the ring story please see IV.
Old 1/11/11, 05:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

So everyone here in The Mustang Source may or may not have heard, member 05stangkc's son Andrew passed away last week. Kevin is well known around here for his parts and service, here is a chance to give back and send the family a sympathy card and donate at the same time. Be sure and check out the opportunity.

Kevin Casey & Family
C/O Jo Smock
1640 W. Princeton Court
Visalia Ca

Last edited by ShowGT; 1/11/11 at 05:37 PM.
Old 1/11/11, 07:28 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts
I have one for sale.
Me too! I forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Jealous cuz I want a Super Duty too.
I'm sure you will have one someday. I'll have to take a pic of the truck with the new tires. The stock 17's were just way too little. Looks so much better now!
Old 1/11/11, 07:32 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 627 Likes on 452 Posts
New Tosh.0 tonight at 10 EST.
Old 1/11/11, 07:55 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

I'm sure you will have one someday. I'll have to take a pic of the truck with the new tires. The stock 17's were just way too little. Looks so much better now!
It's killing, me I want one so bad I can taste it. TASCA in RI has a leftover 09 F350 Super Cab, 6.75' bed, 4x4, XLT, Power Stroke with an 8' BOSS power V plow.

They want 38K, that is about 12K off sticker and a free plow. It has 2300 miles on it and never been titled. I don't think the plow has ever touched pavement.

I can get it 0% financing for 72 months...
Old 1/11/11, 08:00 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
As for me I missed the game. I worked late, came home and turned on the TV not even realizing the game was on. I was flipping the channels on my antenna TV completely oblivious to the fact that there was a BCS championship game on satellite. What an idiot I am.
That's cause TCU won. lol
Which btw, I heard tonight that TCU got promoted to #2.

Scott - OK, so in reviewing the tackle that wasn't a tackle, here's my question: If OR #99 would have fallen on top of the two already rollin' on the ground, would he have received a penalty?
On the film, he held back so as to not pile on.
Its getting to be such a fine line. You don't want to hit a guy too hard or pile on, but if his knee is an inch off the turf, you gotta bury him I guess. Is that right?

I tried to post a link to tonight's local news vid summary on it but its not up just yet.
Old 1/11/11, 08:01 PM
Post *****

It's killing, me I want one so bad I can taste it. TASCA in RI has a leftover 09 F350 Super Cab, 6.75' bed, 4x4, XLT, Power Stroke with an 8' BOSS power V plow.

They want 38K, that is about 12K off sticker and a free plow. It has 2300 miles on it and never been titled. I don't think the plow has ever touched pavement.

I can get it 0% financing for 72 months...
You can plow after hours and make your payments - right up until summer or the next warm winter...

PS: I love how algore is just... absent. Gone. Silent. Did the aliens come back for him?
Well at least he left us the internet, and the Prius...

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/11/11 at 08:04 PM.
Old 1/11/11, 08:10 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
That's cause TCU won. lol
Which btw, I heard tonight that TCU got promoted to #2.

Scott - OK, so in reviewing the tackle that wasn't a tackle, here's my question: If OR #99 would have fallen on top of the two already rollin' on the ground, would he have received a penalty?
On the film, he held back so as to not pile on.
Its getting to be such a fine line. You don't want to hit a guy too hard or pile on, but if his knee is an inch off the turf, you gotta bury him I guess. Is that right?

I tried to post a link to tonight's local news vid summary on it but its not up just yet.
They said the ratings were down. Well I know no one in my office watched it either because it was on satellite/cable instead of broadcast TV.

Major sports championships should be on broadcast TV. I know ESPN outbid Fox, but isn't ESPN owned by ABC? Put it on a real channel where more people can watch it.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast