2012-2013 BOSS 302

Car is built! Awaiting shipment.

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/11, 04:01 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also had communication with Ford today and specifically asked about a Boss hold. They could not confirm the hold.
Old 6/16/11, 04:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I also had communication with Ford today and specifically asked about a Boss hold. They could not confirm the hold.
All I know is what Jody at FCS told me this morning. If it is not true then I am going to let somebody know about it!! It looks to me like all the FCS people would have the same information.
Old 6/16/11, 04:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by engineguy
I had to stop by my dealer this afternoon and the sales manager asked if I was getting excited and I told him that Ford customer service told one of the guys on the Mustang board that there is a stop ship on all Bosses. He just called me back and tolked to his rep and was told there was a stop ship last week and there are 35 cars ready to ship and mine has been assigned a transport number but has not shipped yet. Deysha told me that mine has not shipped and the ETA has not updated. I would like to know how Jody came up with a stop ship when no one else has. Amazing how given the same info some people have get different answers.
Bob
Beginning to not believe anything Ford says. How can two FCS people come up with two different answers? I am going to call FCS back in the morning and get to the bottom of this! Can't imagine why I would be told there was a Stop Ship if there isn't. Maybe the FCS Reps are in different locations and whatever they are looking at is not in sync? You would think that Deysha could get to the bottom of this for us. I PM'd her asking about it specifically. I will let everyone know what I find out in the morning and what Deysha says.

Last edited by Traveler1949; 6/16/11 at 04:38 PM.
Old 6/16/11, 04:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A dealer tried to swap me to a Shelby. Totally different animals. Great GT car, no doubt.
Old 6/17/11, 06:08 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss Lady
We've calmed down from the latest news on the Boss and maybe things aren't too bad. They spent over an hour this morning on the phone talking to various people at Ford and got zero answers as to why the ETA of 5/8 has never been updated on our Boss.

So, I guess I'll have to get the mods to change my name from Boss Lady to Shelby Lady. Our dealer made us a really good offer on a 2012 Shelby they got in 2 weeks ago. They upped the trade-in offer on my GT and came off MSRP on the Shelby, we pick it up tomorrow.
Just an FYI Boss Lady... That BOSS was loaded to ship yesterday I hope everything works out with you and your dealer.

Deysha
Old 6/17/11, 07:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like there will be a Boss with a cool story for sale soon. Wonder what number the engine is? I'm betting this is car 666.
Old 6/17/11, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by engineguy
Deysha,
Is this true?
Disappointing but I guess I would rather have it right and not have a "dealer queen" once I get it.
Bob
It's true for his vehicle, but not true for ALL Boss 302's.

Deysha
Old 6/17/11, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Traveler1949
All I know is what Jody at FCS told me this morning. If it is not true then I am going to let somebody know about it!! It looks to me like all the FCS people would have the same information.
The info she provided to you is correct in regards to your specific vehicle. Not all Boss 302's are in this stop ship.

Deysha
Old 6/17/11, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Traveler1949
Just got a PM from Deysha. She just told me that here was no update on the ETA. WTF? Guess nobody at FCS talks to each other or the information is 'compartmentalized'.
Traveler1949,

When a customer contacts us for an order status, we can all see the same Vehicle Visibility Report. This report only shows the status of that vehicle at that time. It does not show stop ships or holds of any kind. When we notice (by speaking to the customer) that the order has been with the same status for a while, we can escalate your situation and try to get the reasoning for that status on your specific vehicle. I hope this clarifies things.

Deysha
Old 6/17/11, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Just an FYI Boss Lady... That BOSS was loaded to ship yesterday I hope everything works out with you and your dealer.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha for all your assistance, but for us there are just way too many unaswered questions that leave us very leary of this car. Why was an updated ETA never given? Why did it take so long to release and ship this car? Why did it have to go back to the plant 9 days after it should have already been delivered. I guess we've just bought too many cars over the years; had some great ones and been burned really bad by a few.

If anyone is looking for a Race Red w/ Black stripes looks like there's one headed for Pollard Ford in Lubbock, Texas. Our original agreement was $500 over MSRP.
Old 6/17/11, 08:02 AM

I too was offered a "deal" on a new Shelby GT500 by a dealer that misled me about having a Boss allocation that caused a 3 month delay in my actually having one ordered.
Old 6/17/11, 08:13 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Thanks Deysha for all your assistance, but for us there are just way too many unaswered questions that leave us very leary of this car. Why was an updated ETA never given? Why did it take so long to release and ship this car? Why did it have to go back to the plant 9 days after it should have already been delivered. I guess we've just bought too many cars over the years; had some great ones and been burned really bad by a few.
I think you are over thinking this by a fair margin. If you had been on this forum since the beginning you would have had a better understanding of the order process and the delays. There is nothing wrong with the car you ordered, just Ford being cautious to make sure they ship a quality product. Enjoy your GT500.
Old 6/17/11, 08:49 AM
GT Member

Traveler1949,

When a customer contacts us for an order status, we can all see the same Vehicle Visibility Report. This report only shows the status of that vehicle at that time. It does not show stop ships or holds of any kind. When we notice (by speaking to the customer) that the order has been with the same status for a while, we can escalate your situation and try to get the reasoning for that status on your specific vehicle. I hope this clarifies things.

Deysha
Thanks for the reply but it does not change the fact that I was told by a FCS Rep yesterday that there was a Stop Ship on Boss 302's. Obviously this person saw information that you don't have or she would not have told me that. I will be more than happy to PM you the Case # and the name of the person I talked to. I just want good information that I can reply on. I only want 'one version of the truth'. Obviously I am not getting it. My ETA was last Friday and I am just trying to find out when it will really be here. Somebody at Ford absolutely has to know.
Old 6/17/11, 09:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Deysha
and there you go, the lady with the info. I know everyone wants the Boss today, I did when I was waiting but ........

the .........

bottom line is listen to Deysha and not all the rumors or (some) lazy salesman making up a story because they do not want to check.
Old 6/17/11, 09:43 AM
Cobra R Member

We've calmed down from the latest news on the Boss and maybe things aren't too bad. They spent over an hour this morning on the phone talking to various people at Ford and got zero answers as to why the ETA of 5/8 has never been updated on our Boss.

So, I guess I'll have to get the mods to change my name from Boss Lady to Shelby Lady. Our dealer made us a really good offer on a 2012 Shelby they got in 2 weeks ago. They upped the trade-in offer on my GT and came off MSRP on the Shelby, we pick it up tomorrow.
Maybe change it to impatient lady
Old 6/17/11, 09:49 AM
V6 Member

I agree LISTEN TO DEYSHA of all the people I have had contact with in FCS she is the only one who cares enough to give good information. Until yesterday when my dealer call his rep to see what was going on it is the first time he has made an effort to find out any information for me. Which is fine as Deysha has been more than accomodating in getting me info on a timly basis. I hope when I order another car (probably a 2013 Boss) I hope Deysha is still in customer service so I have someone I can count on to get good information.
Bob
Old 6/17/11, 10:56 AM
Cobra Member

ETA

E = ESTIMATED
Old 6/17/11, 11:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
ETA

E = ESTIMATED
This...
Old 6/17/11, 01:39 PM
Cobra Member

If I missed the mark on my estimating as bad as ford I wouldnt have a job.
Old 6/17/11, 01:42 PM
Cobra Member

at least they got it right on their third time for me, hopefully. still to be seen
ETA's of 6/5, 6/11, and finally 6/23.
the car is on a rail car that left Mapleton, PA this morning. Should be in NY by Monday

Quick Reply: Car is built! Awaiting shipment.