2012-2013 BOSS 302

Car is built! Awaiting shipment.

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/11, 02:52 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I know Bob, we all get upset with the system because we are not there to see the why, when, and where's! But there are people behind it to clarify things for me and help you all out. I checked on yours and it has not shipped yet. Thank you for your kind words!

Deysha

I know it is not your fault but the delay would not be as bad if someone could step up to the plate and say that they are not being shipped because of ".........". I cant speak for the others but I know I would feel much better about the shipping delay if I knew the reasoning behind it. At this point all I know is my car is not on a material hold and that it was built almost 5 weeks ago and to the best of my knowledge is just sitting at the plant. Like I posted yesterday a dealer told me he had 2 Shelbys that had the same issue (not shipping) and it was due to some trim parts on the Recaro seats and possibly that might be the same thing with a Boss. I know you can only tell us what your terminal shows but someone (maybe outside of FCS) needs to step up to the plate and take ownership of the shipping delays.
Bob
Old 6/29/11, 04:06 PM
GT Member

It's here !!

It's here !!!!!!!! Swung by the dealer on my way back from a doctor's appointment, hoping on the chance that my Boss 302 showed up. It rolled off the transporter about 5 mins prior to me arriving.

Snapped a few quick crappy pics as I couldn't stay around and needed to get back to work. I don't think my sales guy even knows it's here yet !!

I'll post a few pics in a little while ...

A huge thank you to Deysha for all of her help along the way !!!
Attached Thumbnails Car is built! Awaiting shipment.-001.jpg   Car is built! Awaiting shipment.-002.jpg   Car is built! Awaiting shipment.-004.jpg   Car is built! Awaiting shipment.-005.jpg   Car is built! Awaiting shipment.-006.jpg  

Last edited by Cobra 2997; 6/30/11 at 12:51 PM.
Old 6/29/11, 04:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I had to report to my clients each and every step and misstep we made in getting an ad to print or a spot to air, we'd be out of business. This is a specialty car that gets built in runs. Ford has a full model year which extends to a year from now to deliver 4000 fully functioning Boss 302 Mustangs to dealers who have allocation. At best we have ETA which is not a promise. If you need a car NOW, there's plenty on the lot to choose from. Such obsession, it's just a car. Now the red key on the other hand...
Old 6/29/11, 04:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Cobra 2997
It's here !!!!!!!! Swung by the dealer on my way back from a doctor's appointment, hoping on the chance that my Boss 302 showed up. It rolled off the transporter about 5 mins prior to me arriving.

Snapped a few quick crappy pics as I couldn't stay around and needed to get back to work. I don't think my sales guy even knows it's here yet !!

I'll post a few pics in a little while ...

A huge thank you to Deysha for all of her help along the way !!!
Did you check to see what number it is? Boss2x is 1034 so you and I should be close to that.
Old 6/29/11, 05:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Did you check to see what number it is? Boss2x is 1034 so you and I should be close to that.
I was in such a rush that all I did was snap a couple pics. They were moving a bunch of vehicles around, so I stayed out of the way.
I'll post it up as soon as I find out...
Old 6/30/11, 07:05 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dean_acheson
Today I was told that the ETA is moved to 7/19 and the updates had been done in 20 days, so he was going to 'prioritize' it. I do not have any idea what that means. Still no rail number showing.

Can you check this Deysha? Please? I have tried not to pester you, since I figure you have enough on your plate.
Well, it does look like they prioritized it. The ETA shows Jul-09-2011, but it has not shipped yet. Since they just did that, it should ship soon.

Deysha
Old 6/30/11, 07:28 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
If I had to report to my clients each and every step and misstep we made in getting an ad to print or a spot to air, we'd be out of business. This is a specialty car that gets built in runs. Ford has a full model year which extends to a year from now to deliver 4000 fully functioning Boss 302 Mustangs to dealers who have allocation. At best we have ETA which is not a promise. If you need a car NOW, there's plenty on the lot to choose from. Such obsession, it's just a car. Now the red key on the other hand...

I agree they have the model year to get the car to any of us who are waiting on delivery but if you read my post my car has been built for 5 weeks and is still sitting at the plant...which is frustrating. If there is a problem with the car tell us so those of us that are waiting for shipment has an idea of what to expect. I have nothing bad to say about anyone at FCS includind Deysha as they can only give us the information they have available to them. I also am in business and unless your customers are different than mine I know my customers would be irate if they knew I had their work done for them but it was just sitting there for weeks without shipping or without any reason for not shipping. I am not irate about anything just disappointed in how things have not happened.
Old 6/30/11, 08:16 AM

Deysha,

Your PM box is full. Can I please get a shipping update?

Thanks, Rick
Old 6/30/11, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, it does look like they prioritized it. The ETA shows Jul-09-2011, but it has not shipped yet. Since they just did that, it should ship soon.

Deysha

That's great, the guy that I talked to said something about it sitting for a while (20 days or so) and "prioritizing" it. I didn't know what that meant, and I was having a hard time hearing him during part of the converstation.
Old 6/30/11, 11:26 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha,

Your PM box is full. Can I please get a shipping update?

Thanks, Rick
There's room now! Send me another pm and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Deysha
Old 6/30/11, 11:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
PM box allows 2,000 messages--we are certainly a needy group, lol
Old 6/30/11, 01:53 PM

It's on included in the "stop ship".

Deysha
I called FCS and confirmed my car did move yesterday. Unfortunately it was not moved to ramp 5P but "Returned to Plant". Great. They escalated it to their Customer Care Solutions Team but I may not hear anything until next Tuesday. Seems wierd that cars made the same day or the day after mine have been delivered but mine was returned to plant. Maybe mine got a bunch of bird poops on it or something and has to be repainted.

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 6/30/11 at 02:11 PM.
Old 6/30/11, 02:40 PM
Cobra R Member

I called FCS and confirmed my car did move yesterday. Unfortunately it was not moved to ramp 5P but "Returned to Plant". Great. They escalated it to their Customer Care Solutions Team but I may not hear anything until next Tuesday. Seems wierd that cars made the same day or the day after mine have been delivered but mine was returned to plant. Maybe mine got a bunch of bird poops on it or something and has to be repainted.
Maybe you have a sonic kona blue?
Old 6/30/11, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I feel for all of you guys with ordered cars. The frustration over the un-known is just crazy.

I decided to turn the frustration into action and used the Ford website and dealer inventory functions to find all of the Bosses at OR INBOUND to my area. (Note in my case I was looking for an LS which is even harder.) Not only did I find a car for me, but I found two others which two close friends quickly purchased within a few days of me. In the following two weeks, two other friends gobbled up 2 other LS's that we found with the web tools.

I would recommend this approach to anyone waiting for a Boss. You have nothing to lose. There are few options on the Boss so as soon as you find the color, it is simply a matter if the equipment (Recaros or not) would be to your liking. Ordering is a hassle.... you could be driving your car right now instead of asking Deysha for more updates. My originally ordered car does't even have a VIN yet.... but I have ~500 miles on my absolutely equivalent LS!!

Last edited by nota4re; 6/30/11 at 02:55 PM.
Old 6/30/11, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by nota4re
I feel for all of you guys with ordered cars. The frustration over the un-known is just crazy.

I decided to turn the frustration into action and used the Ford website and dealer inventory functions to find all of the Bosses at OR INBOUND to my area. (Note in my case I was looking for an LS which is even harder.) Not only did I find a car for me, but I found two others which two close friends quickly purchased within a few days of me. In the following two weeks, two other friends gobbled up 2 other LS's that we found with the web tools.

I would recommend this approach to anyone waiting for a Boss. You have nothing to lose. There are few options on the Boss so as soon as you find the color, it is simply a matter if the equipment (Recaros or not) would be to your liking. Ordering is a hassle.... you could be driving your car right now instead of asking Deysha for more updates. My originally ordered car does't even have a VIN yet.... but I have ~500 miles on my absolutely equivalent LS!!
Yep this is the first time, and no doubt the last time, I ever order a new car.
Old 6/30/11, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

Yep this is the first time, and no doubt the last time, I ever order a new car.
"Have you ever ordered a limited production vehicle before?" <~~~5.0 quote
These things happen.
Sorry, couldn't resist

Last edited by Jza1736; 6/30/11 at 03:12 PM.
Old 6/30/11, 03:12 PM
Cobra Member

It will ship out soon and you will not remember the wait
Old 6/30/11, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jza1736
"Have you ever ordered a limited production vehicle before?" <~~~5.0 quote
These things happen.
Sorry, couldn't resist
Touche.
Old 6/30/11, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jza1736
It will ship out soon and you will not remember the wait
I will always remember mine was "Returned to Plant".

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 6/30/11 at 03:27 PM.
Old 6/30/11, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

I will always remember mine was "Returned to Plant".
Maybe they added a few extra ponies & now u have 450 HP

Quick Reply: Car is built! Awaiting shipment.