Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
ETA

E = ESTIMATED
Duh!
Old 6/17/11, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

My car was built 5/26 and delivered yesterday. Three weeks exactly. Helps that mine didn't go by rail I'm sure. Picking it up Monday when I get back in the country
Old 6/17/11, 01:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Traveler1949
Duh!
Actually that helped me out. I though E= Eventually
Old 6/17/11, 04:28 PM

I think my car is officially the slowest delivery ever. It was Built 4/27. It got on a train 6/10. It arrived in Denver by rail early Thursday morning and for some reason the soonest that they MIGHT be able to get it on a transport truck to the Dealer is Monday but more likely Tuesday or Wednesday, meaning the soonest that I might get my 4/27 build is 6/20...

This whole delivery process is getting to be a little ridiculous. For reference, BMW managed to take my order, build a car in Germany and deliver it all the way to Denver in two weeks less time than it takes Ford to simply take a built car and deliver it 1000 miles....
Old 6/17/11, 05:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't be fooled. That BMW as you ordered it was in the pipeline. Call me an "insider." true build delivery cars are no less than 8 weeks.
Old 6/17/11, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Don't be fooled. That BMW as you ordered it was in the pipeline. Call me an "insider." true build delivery cars are no less than 8 weeks.
I hand picked my options so it is highly improbably that the car had already begun the production process and it arrived right at around six weeks after ordering.

Regardless of what BMW does and does not do, two months of sitting outside uncovered after being built is absolutely not acceptable for a car that's almost $50k. Especially with no explanations, communications or reasons from ford. Except, of course, for Deysha updating me when possible.

If I actually believed that my car was going to be arriving any time soon I would be scheduling an appointment for a detail to try and undo two months of exposure to the elements.
Old 6/17/11, 05:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Kaiserserser
I think my car is officially the slowest delivery ever. It was Built 4/27. It got on a train 6/10. It arrived in Denver by rail early Thursday morning and for some reason the soonest that they MIGHT be able to get it on a transport truck to the Dealer is Monday but more likely Tuesday or Wednesday, meaning the soonest that I might get my 4/27 build is 6/20...

This whole delivery process is getting to be a little ridiculous. For reference, BMW managed to take my order, build a car in Germany and deliver it all the way to Denver in two weeks less time than it takes Ford to simply take a built car and deliver it 1000 miles....
Don't worry you're the ONLY one that has had to wait this long.
Old 6/17/11, 07:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jza1736
If I missed the mark on my estimating as bad as ford I wouldnt have a job.
What type of automobiles do you manufacture?

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Actually that helped me out. I though E= Eventually
THAT is funny

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Don't worry you're the ONLY one that has had to wait this long.
This...^^^
Old 6/17/11, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

After sitting at the dealership from 7 AM until 3:45 PM and watching three truck transpots unload, my car FINALLY showed up! LS 236 is home!!!! Only got to drive it home and park it because of other commitments tonight. First mod (exhaust discs ) out about an hour after I got back home.Tomorrow it will be on display at MSMC First Annual All FORD powered car show! Then I'm gonna drive the wheels off dat biotch!
Old 6/17/11, 10:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrats.
Old 6/17/11, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ulev1st
After sitting at the dealership from 7 AM until 3:45 PM and watching three truck transpots unload, my car FINALLY showed up! LS 236 is home!!!! Only got to drive it home and park it because of other commitments tonight. First mod (exhaust discs ) out about an hour after I got back home.Tomorrow it will be on display at MSMC First Annual All FORD powered car show! Then I'm gonna drive the wheels off dat biotch!
NICE!!!
Old 6/17/11, 10:23 PM
Bullitt Member

but...

you still ended up with a bmw.

cheap shot I know...hey, I own one too.

I went from 'I can't believe Ford can screw it up like this' (and I worked at Ford for a bunch of years...so I've seen 'em screw up a bunch of stuff) to 'forgiven' in one flexion of the right ankle (forgive me, podiatrists, if I got flexion confused with the correct term...like fission!!!!!, just kidding)

not to make light of the agony of the wait...I experienced it too. I had the last one built in q1, or so it seemed....but from the other side of the tunnel, let me assure you, there is light.

Originally Posted by Kaiserserser

Old 6/17/11, 10:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius

I went from 'I can't believe Ford can screw it up like this' (and I worked at Ford for a bunch of years...so I've seen 'em screw up a bunch of stuff) to 'forgiven' in one flexion of the right ankle (forgive me, podiatrists, if I got flexion confused with the correct term...like fission!!!!!, just kidding)

not to make light of the agony of the wait...I experienced it too. I had the last one built in q1, or so it seemed....but from the other side of the tunnel, let me assure you, there is light.
Nope. Mine is a Q1 car. Still on a train.
Old 6/18/11, 02:37 AM
Cobra Member

[QUOTE="PACETTR"]

What type of automobiles do you manufacture?

I estimate contracts & proposals for an electrical company.
Old 6/18/11, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by fuhrius

Mine was also a Q1 allocation so I guess you're not the last one!

The main thing that makes me mad is that I basically got screwed for planning ahead and placing an order early on. While I have sat here waiting for my car for months, Ford has had no trouble delivering countless other bosses with later build dates to Denver area dealer inventories. Definitely the last time I ever do a special order on a car, at least from Ford.
Old 6/19/11, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

My car was built this week, with an ETA of 7/2.
Old 6/19/11, 09:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by dean_acheson
My car was built this week, with an ETA of 7/2.
Don't hold your breath on that ETA.
Old 6/20/11, 10:22 AM
V6 Member

Also have Q1 which is still on the train. Was notified that it has reached its finally train destination in IL. Now we'll see how long before it is shipped by truck the last 3-4 hours. Have missed multiple ETA's also and definitely well past the latest 6/14 time frame. Was built May 12. Hopefully this week but I am not holding my breath.
Old 6/20/11, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Waiting on the pics!!

Deysha
I made an appointment to do the paperwork and pick it up this Sataurday. They should have the front and rear faicias with fog lights installed by then. CANT WAIT ITS KILLING ME !!!! I should have Pics by this weekend !!!!

Last edited by STUKUP2112; 6/20/11 at 05:27 PM.
Old 6/20/11, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by STUKUP2112
I made an appointment to do the paper work and pick it up this Sataurday. They should have the front and rear faicias with fog lights installed by then. CANT WAIT ITS KILLING ME !!!! I should have Pics by this weekend !!!!
Nice! Wait is killing Me too!
The car arrived in NJ (1 hr away), sometime Saturday and has been off the radar since. I'm hoping for a call from the dealer tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Car is built! Awaiting shipment.