Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Car is built! Awaiting shipment.

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/11, 01:48 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Traveler1949
My YB Boss had a build date of 05/20. The ETA was changed last week from 05/31 to 06/10. Not holding my breath at this point.
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He said that mine is still showing an ETA of 06/10 BUT status has not been updated since 05/29. Their opinion is that it won't show and will have a new ETA assigned. Tells me that they have an LS that has been built since March that has not shipped yet. Basically they don't know anything and apparently cant't find out anything. At this point I am pretty much taking everything I am told with a really large 'grain of salt'. Got another PM in to Deysha but haven't heard back yet.
Old 6/6/11, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Mine was built on the same day and has the same ETA and I don't think my dealer called me once. I ordered back in December, the only way I stay sane is from Deysha!

Amen ! When this is finally over and I get my car, Deysha is going to the top of my 2011 Christmas gift list.
Old 6/6/11, 08:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ladies and gents, watching your cars this closely can be frustrating. I know, I was there once. The worst part was when my car came off the train and slipped of the radar for nearly 3 days before showing up at the dealership. Then I had a month and a half of biz travel before I could get it. Also as far as plant holds or returns, be happy. This is virtually a one-off first year car. There are issues. And as the owners in the field report them Ford is addressing them at build. Fact is, each day these cars get better and better. And they are worth the hype, wait and issues. Simply the most insanely fun car I've ever owned. Now where's my Track Key? I'm in Canada, paid the full Canadian MSRP markup ocer US and therefore CARB should not be holding up my fun.
Old 6/7/11, 06:35 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jza1736
Mine was built on the same day and has the same ETA and I don't think my dealer called me once. I ordered back in December, the only way I stay sane is from Deysha!
Awwww! Thanks!!!

Deysha
Old 6/7/11, 07:33 AM

My YB Boss had a build date of 05/20. The ETA was changed last week from 05/31 to 06/10. Not holding my breath at this point.
Don't worry Traveler1949. It will change and ship soon and when you get it, it will be all worth it!

Deysha
Old 6/7/11, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Boss Lady
That's great! Mine was built 4/20, due on 5/11 and the dealer hasn't called me about the car since 5/10.
I've given up on the sales staff at the dealership ever calling me until the car is sitting in front of them. Too much effort!

Deysha told me Thursday that mine has finally been released for shipment but didn't give me an ETA. I'm hoping she'll be able to give me an ETA and Car # this week, but figure I better not bug her until Wednesday (=7 days since last bug).
The ETA still has not updated and it is still awaiting shipment. It should be on its way soon though.

Deysha
Old 6/7/11, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Deysha for all the updates. Finally got mine yesterday!!!1

Everyone else waiting, the car is definately worth the wait. BTW the transmission shifts perfect. Remember this is not a luxury sedan. The trans does what it is supposed to do. Firm positive short shifts. The car does exactly what you want it to do when you want to. It really brings up your conficence as a driver.
Old 6/7/11, 08:18 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Don't worry Traveler1949. It will change and ship soon and when you get it, it will be all worth it!

Deysha
Thanks, Deysha. Just wish I knew when 'soon' was.
Old 6/7/11, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

just got on a railcar

my 'q1' car (built may 14) is finally in transit.
with any luck I'll have it before I go back to Skip Barber for an advanced 2-day racing school june 20/21.

the class will be in their formula cars, not street cars...but I still think I'll get some style points arriving in the boss. ;-)
Old 6/7/11, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
with any luck I'll have it before I go back to Skip Barber for an advanced 2-day racing school june 20/21.

the class will be in their formula cars, not street cars...but I still think I'll get some style points arriving in the boss. ;-)
Mine was built the same day and made it on a rail car last Wed the 1st. I called cust serv over the weekend and they had June 12 ETA to So Cal area.
Old 6/7/11, 09:32 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

<= yes you will.
Old 6/7/11, 09:35 AM

Woo Hoo!! I sure hope it makes it before then!

Deysha
Old 6/7/11, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Boss Lady
Amen ! When this is finally over and I get my car, Deysha is going to the top of my 2011 Christmas gift list.
Who? Me? Noooo?!?!?!

Deysha
Old 6/7/11, 11:15 AM
GT Member

Thanks, Deysha. Just wish I knew when 'soon' was.
Sent you a PM yesterday. No need to check and reply today. Tomorrow will be soon enough.
Old 6/7/11, 01:41 PM

Thanks Deysha for letting me know my car is loaded for shipment and the ETA is still June 15.
Old 6/7/11, 02:41 PM

Well just talked to my dealer and got some bad news. My boss was built in late April. Last week, the dealer said he that Ford told him it would probably arrive Monday(Yesterday). Today I was told that it is actually still sitting in Michigan waiting for approval to be shipped so it's still at least a week away. I can't wait to see the condition of the paint after it has sat outside almost two months waiting to be delivered...

The interesting thing is that the dealer claimed it was some sort of quality control hold in relation to the Recaro seats. I know there have been a million rumors started by random comments like this from dealers but I'm curious if there could be any truth to this. So, has anyone ordered a boss with Recaros and had it ship recently?
Old 6/7/11, 02:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Me. Mine was built on 4/25 and I finally got it yesterday. I'm in Texas. The dealer mentioned a quality hold, just no specifics were give to him. Whatever the hold was, it was worth the wait. BTW. The paint is fine. I only had a minor paint chip on the driver's handle. No big deal to me. Remember it is a car and it is exposed to elements everytime we drive it. Better to focus on the enjoyment of the drive than worrying about what could go wrong with it. You should get yours soon enough. Patience will have it's rewards.
Old 6/7/11, 03:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Kaiserserser
Well just talked to my dealer and got some bad news. My boss was built in late April. Last week, the dealer said he that Ford told him it would probably arrive Monday(Yesterday). Today I was told that it is actually still sitting in Michigan waiting for approval to be shipped so it's still at least a week away. I can't wait to see the condition of the paint after it has sat outside almost two months waiting to be delivered...

The interesting thing is that the dealer claimed it was some sort of quality control hold in relation to the Recaro seats. I know there have been a million rumors started by random comments like this from dealers but I'm curious if there could be any truth to this. So, has anyone ordered a boss with Recaros and had it ship recently?
Mine has Recaros and was built on 5/12 and left Flat Rock yesterday. Last I heard it made it to Battle Creek, MI this morning. I don't know if that rules out problems with the Recaros or not.
Old 6/7/11, 03:29 PM
Bullitt Member

mine has recaros

built may 14; held at plant until late last week...don't know which day, specifically, it got on a rail car but I do know it hit a 'junction point' in Gibson Indiana mid-day Sunday the 5th....so it probably left the plant thurs / fri.

I had heard from my dealer earlier on in this saga that they were short on supply of recaros....who knows.
Old 6/7/11, 05:45 PM

Well now i'm curious why the heck my car was still sitting outside the factory today. It sounds like there are people built both before and after me who have already shipped and even received their cars. Meanwhile, mine hasn't moved in over a month. Still hoping to get a more detailed update from Deysha but no PM reply as of yet.

I was really hoping it would show up before I leave town Saturday for a week, at this rate I'll be lucky if it gets here before it starts snowing again in Colorado.

Quick Reply: Car is built! Awaiting shipment.