2012-2013 BOSS 302

Car is built! Awaiting shipment.

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/11, 07:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
It sure is! Maybe you should call your dealer this afternoon...

Deysha
Thanks Deysha.
Actually, my dealer never has any info for me. All my update I have acquired myself by calling FCS. It's almost as if he he relying on me to tell him when the car is arriving.
Anyway, I called FCS this mourning. As of today the update was that the car is still in transit on a ships convoy with the ETA still remaining at Tues June 21.

Last edited by STUKUP2112; 6/14/11 at 09:52 AM.
Old 6/14/11, 08:53 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss Lady
Hi Deysha,

Since mine finally made it to Ramp 5P, have you seen any updates as to a possible load date or ETA?

By the time my April build gets here, maybe I can talk the dealer down on the price since it will be a 2012-1/2.
Doesn't hurt to try, right? LOL! I will look into it in a few and pm you.

Deysha
Old 6/14/11, 08:57 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Traveler1949
Now if it would just get loaded on something and start this way!
I know right!? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Deysha
Old 6/14/11, 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So close, I can taste it !!!!!

Just called FCS and got my railcar #82138, Ramp 41. The transit company is Allied systems, currently in Newark, NJ. ETA still remains at Tues June 21st.
Old 6/14/11, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah good luck with that ETA.......Mine was the 4th and today is the 14th and its at the railyard about 20 miles from the house with NO ETA UPDATE! The way THIS shipment has gone..I'm betting Monday...two days after our clubs big Car Show! But at least it's in town!
Old 6/14/11, 02:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ulev1st
Yeah good luck with that ETA.......Mine was the 4th and today is the 14th and its at the railyard about 20 miles from the house with NO ETA UPDATE! The way THIS shipment has gone..I'm betting Monday...two days after our clubs big Car Show! But at least it's in town!
Yeah. Good luck with that. My ETA was the 10th and, as far as I know, is still at Ramp 5P.
Old 6/14/11, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Traveler...I guess I should be thankful it's as close as it is...This whole shipping saga is just so frustrating from "our end"..as I'm sure EVERYONE on this board can attest to.!
Old 6/14/11, 04:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ulev1st
Well Traveler...I guess I should be thankful it's as close as it is...This whole shipping saga is just so frustrating from "our end"..as I'm sure EVERYONE on this board can attest to.!
True. I have ordered from Ford in the past as well as GM and this is by far the worst experience ever. If I missed ETA's to my customers the way Ford does, I would be out of business. An ETA may be just an estimate but it should be very close. Appears to me that they either have logistics or quality problems. A realistic ETA from the beginning would have made a world of difference in the frustration level we are all experiencing.

Ah. Feel better after that little rant!
Old 6/14/11, 05:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

True. I have ordered from Ford in the past as well as GM and this is by far the worst experience ever. If I missed ETA's to my customers the way Ford does, I would be out of business. An ETA may be just an estimate but it should be very close. Appears to me that they either have logistics or quality problems. A realistic ETA from the beginning would have made a world of difference in the frustration level we are all experiencing.
There are logistics issues caused by the rail carriers cutting back during the recession and being caught short during the past 6+ months due to the expansion in the economy. I suspect the other US auto manufacturers are having similar problems. Not trying to give Ford an excuse but the shipping issue is something out of their control to some extent.
Old 6/14/11, 05:25 PM
V6 Member

I agree the ETA should be more accurate. The issue that get me is I live less than 2 hours from the plant and my car was built almost 3 weeks ago and they do not know when it will ship. Deysha has been a god send because at least she keeps us in the loop as to what she can bring up on her computer and like others I can tell the dealer what is going on as some to the info he does not have.
Bob
Old 6/14/11, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by engineguy
I agree the ETA should be more accurate. The issue that get me is I live less than 2 hours from the plant and my car was built almost 3 weeks ago and they do not know when it will ship. Deysha has been a god send because at least she keeps us in the loop as to what she can bring up on her computer and like others I can tell the dealer what is going on as some to the info he does not have.
Bob
I know what you mean! If not for Deysha, most of us wouldn't know squat. Of course we are kond of 'over a barrel' on these and are at Ford's mercy. We either put up with it or we don't get a Boss! At least this year.
Old 6/14/11, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Mine arrived at the local railyard (about 45 min away) either yesterday or today. Dealer said they're waiting for transport to bring it over. They can't tell me exactly which day it'll come and won't promise tomorrow... This is killing me...
Old 6/14/11, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by engineguy
Bob
Finding Deysha has made this somewhat tolerable. She's the only one of all the people I've been dealing with that makes you feel like someone cares. Mine was built April 20 with an ETA of 5/10. It didn't make that date and was actually sent back to the plant on 5/19. Apparently it has now made it back to ramp 5P to eventually be assigned a ship date. Did I get any of this info from my salesman...NO...Deysha provided it.

Last edited by Boss Lady; 6/14/11 at 09:55 PM.
Old 6/15/11, 07:12 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
There are logistics issues caused by the rail carriers cutting back during the recession and being caught short during the past 6+ months due to the expansion in the economy. I suspect the other US auto manufacturers are having similar problems. Not trying to give Ford an excuse but the shipping issue is something out of their control to some extent.
Yeah. Sounds so reasonable. Sure a rail car shortage is the reason Ford keeps missing Boss ETA's and let's some cars sit on the ramp for weeks while dealers that are waiting on a Boss keep getting other Mustangs every week. Not!
Old 6/15/11, 08:10 AM

Yeah. Sounds so reasonable. Sure a rail car shortage is the reason Ford keeps missing Boss ETA's and let's some cars sit on the ramp for weeks while dealers that are waiting on a Boss keep getting other Mustangs every week. Not!
I didn't say there aren't other issues causing delays. You mentioned logistics and I'm confirming that.
Old 6/15/11, 11:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I didn't say there aren't other issues causing delays. You mentioned logistics and I'm confirming that.
Still say Ford logistics. Probably because they are trying to minimize cost. Rail cars do not disappear and rail companies do not lay-off employees. Economy or no, I doubt there is an actual real shortage of rail cars that are used as car transports.

I am off my soap box. I just want my d--- car!
Old 6/15/11, 11:29 AM

My car will be at the dealership late today or tomorrow.
Old 6/15/11, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by 67rtmcshelby
My car will be at the dealership late today or tomorrow.
What was your build date and ETA?
Old 6/15/11, 12:35 PM
V6 Member

I am not sure what is going on but I just talked to my dealer and he said my LS is no longer showing up on his report. He has no idea why but assumes that it is on a haul away ready to ship. It seems like Deysha is the only one who has a clue as to what is going on.
Bob
Old 6/15/11, 12:51 PM
Cobra Member

Deysha is great!
I called FCS today and they were very helpful, as well. My car has been shipped! They were able to provide me with a rail car #, current location (Ohio), and a new ETA of 6/23. Three times is the charm, first ETA was 6/5, then 6/11. Let's c if they can hit this 1!

Quick Reply: Car is built! Awaiting shipment.