2012-2013 BOSS 302

Car is built! Awaiting shipment.

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/11, 06:29 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Boss
I still think I've got a fighting chance for # 666 based on what others have reported for their # in the same time frame in which case this Race Red car will get some form of devilish name...
You haven't asked the dealer to look and tell you the number??? Have a fun drive home.
Old 6/10/11, 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
You haven't asked the dealer to look and tell you the number??? Have a fun drive home.
Hahaha was busy at work and forgot to ask...
Old 6/10/11, 11:06 PM

Mine is headed for a dealer in Lubbock, TX
Old 6/11/11, 12:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Your dealer should have the info.
The dealer never has any info for me. I am always giving him the updates. I think I am his first customer who ordered from the factory or else he just doesn't care when the car comes in. I will just have to wait until that information is updated by FCS.
Old 6/11/11, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Currently blowing ten bucks a bloody Mary in the airport bar as the original plane had standing water in the cockpit... Sh
Old 6/11/11, 06:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These stories will all add to the legend. I for one, while feeling sorry for you who are experiencing delays, am equally happy your cars are being inspected so closely. Trust me these cars are special. Wish mine had that treatment early on. Still in spite of minor after delivery issues I have to say I love this car. Great drive from Toronto to Montreal and the exotic car guys here for F1 love it.
Old 6/11/11, 06:43 PM
GT Member

I have confirm that mine is there too. Please take plenty of photos of my Kona Blue Boss.
5 DOT 0, here you go. You can see the rear of a KB Boss at the front of the line.
Didn't see to many KB cars this time. Lots of Bosses waiting in line.

Like to think this YB Boss is mine

and a few more

Nice long Boss line-up in the back ground

Close up view

Here's a KB waiting for Truck or Rail

and a YB a few spots down

There were quite a few spread out all over the shipping lot.
You could just see the roof paint here and there,
but it looked like a few are flowing out for customers.

Mike
Old 6/11/11, 08:09 PM

Living in the 21st Century

I'm at the driving range this morning and I get an email on my iP4 at 11:15. It's from another member who flew this morning to pick up his Boss 302 and drive it home (I'm sure he'll post photos tomorrow). The email had a photo of the serial number taken from his iPhone and emailed directly to me.

I'm at dinner with my family this evening checking my email to see if Mike has posted photos from his road trip today. While I'm waiting a friend of mine and his family walk into the restaurant and grab a table close to us. At 5:43 I get an email from TMS with links in it to the photos Mike posted. I open the photos in the browser on my phone and check them out. I then walk over to my friend, who knows I ordered my Boss last Fall, and show him the photo. He thinks it's totally cool. You gotta love living in the 21st century.

Thanks for posting the photos Mike. Ours should be finished and if so that could very well be my KB Boss. If not I'm claiming it anyway.
Old 6/11/11, 08:42 PM
GT Member

think the Red one is mine, ETA May 31 but now on quality hold for the Recaro Seats
Old 6/11/11, 09:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Kind of funny to see all of the Mustangs sitting out there bunched together, exposed to the elements, just anonymous amongst the group. And then when they are finally delivered to their respective owners, we treat them like a first born child. Coddling them with admiration, garage protection, weekly detailing, and boastful photos to show to our friends. But of course, they deserve it. I think my Boss 302 cost about he same amount I spent to put boh of my kids through college. (Please forgive the rambling. 1st day on vacation nd Zi hve plenty of wine and the nephew's homebrew in me.)
Old 6/12/11, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Those look like bona-fide "Spy Shots" of Rick's Boss there!

My day started off with a hitch... I get the the airport at 6:30 for a 7:15 flight. FORTUNATELY I bought "Business Class" tickets, even though it's SouthWest and it's not like I was going to get some big fat king size leather couch to sit on.

First clue I did the right thing was when we walked right by the hoards of peeps going through the standard ticket security line. Walked right up and got full body scanned and was through in seconds.

Second when all of a sudden, of course when you're drinking bloody mary's in the airport bar before 7 on a day when you're planning on 500 miles things can obviously change suddenly- we peak out and the gate is pretty empty compared to how "it just was..." We rush over and see the plane away from the gate with the accordian style hallway dis-engaged from the plane. My buddy starts freaking saying we missed the plane...

Then we hear it. My name's being called over the intercom for priority seating on the next flight out. Our plane had standing water in it near the cockpit. Standing water in a modern jet????

We patiently work out way through the angry mob and are given new boarding passes and we simply walk on and take a seat. Most of the others did not get a seat on the next flight.. Fifteen bucks well spent!

I ended up financing it through Ford for a half a % better than the credit union and things were smooth sailing at the dealer since there wasn't the price negotiation lunacy usually going on.

We gave the car a pretty thorough once over and had Rick @ Drew Ford get some wax and rub out some bird stuff on the fender.

Drove the car through LA traffic. If you've never been to LA you'll never truly appreciate the magnificent disaster that is the LA freeway system. It's not as if there's not a lot of lanes. You'll find 6 in each direction at full stop.

LA Drivers Side-note: They are the best in the world that I've seen. They are much more courteous than the Nor Cal drivers and are at home in bumper to bumper traffic at either 90 or 9 mph. Seriously. Bumper to bumper at 90. It's truly glorious.

The only issues I have with the Boss so far is the seat is pretty narrow and the shift gates are so close together I've accidentally downshifted 3 gears instead of 1 on several occasions. The seat is fine, I'm just 6-2 and a broad shouldered and barrel chested 230 lbs. After about the 5th or 6th hour it started to make my back hurt a bit. I'll use that as motivation to "push back from the feedbag" a bit as my dad likes to say. The shift gates just need me to get used to them. My frame of reference is my Hurst Comp Plus on the Toploader in the Falcon and ZF6 truck trans in my 99 F250. They are a world of difference from the Boss!

And Rick, yes we are as I like to say, "living in the future!"
Old 6/12/11, 07:21 PM

Those look like bona-fide "Spy Shots" of Rick's Boss there!
I'm claiming that one as mine. The fact the KB is being phased out partially explains why there are so few on the lots. You won't see any more in two weeks or maybe even a week.

Drove the car through LA traffic. If you've never been to LA you'll never truly appreciate the magnificent disaster that is the LA freeway system. It's not as if there's not a lot of lanes. You'll find 6 in each direction at full stop.

LA Drivers Side-note: They are the best in the world that I've seen. They are much more courteous than the Nor Cal drivers and are at home in bumper to bumper traffic at either 90 or 9 mph. Seriously. Bumper to bumper at 90. It's truly glorious.
Dude you were driving through on a Saturday afternoon. Try that during the evening rush hour on a Friday. I'm always amazed how people draft each other on I-5 through camp Pendleton. I've literally made that stretch going a 100 mph with a group of cars all going the same speed. Crazy!

Sounds like you had a fun day, congratulations and I look forward to seeing your new Boss next month
Old 6/13/11, 05:49 AM
V6 Member

Boss2X Thanks for the pix. I hope one of the silver LS's is mine. Deysha said mine has an ETA of 6/15.
Bob
Old 6/13/11, 05:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is sitting on the side of a railhead/switching yard 150 mile from my house..been there for two days....wish I could just go get it!
Old 6/13/11, 06:39 AM
V6 Member

MIne was built on 5/26 and was not released to ship until 6/7. I am not sure how everything works with shipping but I am less than 2 hours from the plant so I hope it makes it on a truck this week (I would even take my trailer and pick it up but I know that is not a option).
Bob

Originally Posted by ulev1st
Mine is sitting on the side of a railhead/switching yard 150 mile from my house..been there for two days....wish I could just go get it!
Old 6/13/11, 07:54 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ulev1st
Mine still at Ramp 5P. ETA was 06/10. Gonna ask Deysha for an update later today.
Old 6/13/11, 08:01 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by STUKUP2112
The dealer never has any info for me. I am always giving him the updates. I think I am his first customer who ordered from the factory or else he just doesn't care when the car comes in. I will just have to wait until that information is updated by FCS.
It's almost there!!

Deysha
Old 6/13/11, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Traveler1949
Thanks Deysha. Nice to hear that it left the plant and is at Ramp 5P awaiting shipment.
You are very welcome!

Deysha
Old 6/13/11, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Mine to is awaiting shipment with an ETA of tomorrow, how r they going to fit it in a fedex truck?: dunno
It has loaded! I hope it gets to you soon!

Deysha
Old 6/13/11, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
It has loaded! I hope it gets to you soon!

Deysha
Does that mean it's on a rail car? Thanks for the update Deysha!

Quick Reply: Car is built! Awaiting shipment.