Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Retrofitting the 4.2 LCD Track Apps cluster

Old 3/4/15, 10:14 AM
  #101  
Shelby GT500 Member
Thread Starter
 
jim010's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 7, 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,675
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
What are you looking to add to the clock spring? Is this to make the steering wheel from the 14 fit in 05? Are there enough slots in the connectors for that?
jim010 is offline  
Old 3/4/15, 08:10 PM
  #102  
Mach 1 Member
 
zeroaviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 1, 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 669
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We plan on replacing the entire column. But going to need to change some wiring first, and I want to do it right of course.

Still on the hunt >_<

-Matt
zeroaviation is offline  
Old 3/4/15, 10:12 PM
  #103  
Shelby GT500 Member
Thread Starter
 
jim010's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 7, 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,675
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroaviation View Post
We plan on replacing the entire column. But going to need to change some wiring first, and I want to do it right of course.

Still on the hunt >_<

-Matt
The whole column? The entire assembly that houses the clockspring, steering shaft etc? Is this for the 05/09 project or something else? And why the entire column?
jim010 is offline  
Old 3/5/15, 08:57 AM
  #104  
Mach 1 Member
 
zeroaviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 1, 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 669
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010 View Post
The whole column? The entire assembly that houses the clockspring, steering shaft etc? Is this for the 05/09 project or something else? And why the entire column?
Well, there are two projects on going right now.

1. Swapping in the 13 Gauge cluster in my shelby.

2. Swapping in the 11(and soon to be 13) gauge cluster in a local 05. We are going to try swapping out the entire column to gain the more wires and 11 steering wheel. Still to figure out the rest of it though.

I was wanting the pin part numbers for both.

-Matt
zeroaviation is offline  
Old 3/5/15, 12:56 PM
  #105  
Shelby GT500 Member
Thread Starter
 
jim010's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 7, 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,675
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
You may want to check this thread out, then. akdoggie retrofitted the 2010 and up steering wheel and made the buttons functional. His way may be better than switching out the whole column.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...o-mods-528705/
jim010 is offline  
Old 3/5/15, 12:58 PM
  #106  
Shelby GT500 Member
Thread Starter
 
jim010's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 7, 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,675
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Can I quote this for the thread in the 05-09 section to give updates?

Cheers
jim010 is offline  
Old 3/5/15, 01:59 PM
  #107  
Mach 1 Member
 
zeroaviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 1, 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 669
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010 View Post
You may want to check this thread out, then. akdoggie retrofitted the 2010 and up steering wheel and made the buttons functional. His way may be better than switching out the whole column.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...o-mods-528705/
Will look into it! We already have the spare column loose.

Originally Posted by jim010 View Post
Can I quote this for the thread in the 05-09 section to give updates?

Cheers
Sure thing. If all goes well, and its really greater than 12C temperature wise this weekend, should have another update by Monday.

Cheers,
-Matt
zeroaviation is offline  
Old 3/9/15, 08:08 PM
  #108  
Shelby GT500 Member
Thread Starter
 
jim010's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 7, 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,675
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Matt,

Any luck?
jim010 is offline  
Old 3/15/15, 12:58 PM
  #109  
GT Member
 
Join Date: April 21, 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 101
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just in case someone reading this thread is wanting to do the swap on an auto 11-12, I have a complete 13 auto shifter assembly for sale. Was only on my car for a few months and was purchased new originally. Pm me for price if interested.

Thanks
Kona12GT is offline  
Old 4/7/15, 11:49 AM
  #110  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
Coyote5-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,140
Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts
how does the left side button panel on the steering wheel come off?
Coyote5-0 is offline  
Old 4/7/15, 12:34 PM
  #111  
Mach 1 Member
 
zeroaviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 1, 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 669
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0 View Post
how does the left side button panel on the steering wheel come off?
Just pry's out. Remove the airbag, unplug, then push towards center while pulling up on in part.

-Matt
zeroaviation is offline  
Old 4/7/15, 01:14 PM
  #112  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
Coyote5-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,140
Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroaviation View Post
Just pry's out. Remove the airbag, unplug, then push towards center while pulling up on in part.

-Matt
dang...a lot more in depth that I thought it would be.
Coyote5-0 is offline  
Old 4/15/15, 12:03 AM
  #113  
Shelby GT500 Member
Thread Starter
 
jim010's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 7, 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,675
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I found this video on youtube from someone converting a base 13/14 to the track apps. Includes the IDS programming of keys and inputting as built.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in68335Qe2c#t=20
jim010 is offline  
Old 4/15/15, 06:55 AM
  #114  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
Coyote5-0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,140
Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010 View Post
I found this video on youtube from someone converting a base 13/14 to the track apps. Includes the IDS programming of keys and inputting as built.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in68335Qe2c#t=20

Is it hard to find a dealer that is willing to program the As Built Data? Would they even know what you're talking about?
Coyote5-0 is offline  
Old 4/15/15, 09:03 AM
  #115  
Mach 1 Member
 
zeroaviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 1, 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 669
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0 View Post
Is it hard to find a dealer that is willing to program the As Built Data? Would they even know what you're talking about?
Any dealer can do it. If the tech is not understand what needs to be done, let me know and I can explain it to him.

-Matt
zeroaviation is offline  
Old 4/15/15, 10:03 PM
  #116  
GT Member
 
crazietj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 182
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zeroaviation View Post
Does anyone have a part number for the pins used in the connectors for the clockspring or the switch?

I know blueeyedsnake (sal) found them, but hes banned from most forums now. So I cant ask him :/

-Matt

It's been a while since I've been on. If you haven't found the pins yet, here ya go. If you have well here is a reference to them.


Part number for the male pins (www.digi-key.com):
A104905-ND
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...9&y=11&cur=USD

Part number for the female pins (www.digi-key.com):
A101884CT-ND
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...4CT-ND/2700941
crazietj is offline  
Old 4/16/15, 08:21 AM
  #117  
Mach 1 Member
 
zeroaviation's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 1, 2007
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 669
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crazietj View Post
It's been a while since I've been on. If you haven't found the pins yet, here ya go. If you have well here is a reference to them.


Part number for the male pins (www.digi-key.com):
A104905-ND
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...9&y=11&cur=USD

Part number for the female pins (www.digi-key.com):
A101884CT-ND
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...4CT-ND/2700941
Good find! How did you find them?

-Matt
zeroaviation is offline  
Old 4/16/15, 02:57 PM
  #118  
GT Member
 
crazietj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 31, 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 182
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used them for my sync retrofit. Someone posted them on another site.
crazietj is offline  
Old 4/22/15, 12:30 PM
  #119  
Bullitt Member
 
devildog1679's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 9, 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 383
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I run aftermarket tune will I have to give my tuner the new VIN used when trying to get the gauges to work?
devildog1679 is offline  
Old 4/30/15, 08:45 AM
  #120  
Shelby GT500 Member
Thread Starter
 
jim010's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 7, 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,675
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-14-Ford-Mustang-GT-5-0L-OEM-Speedometer-Cluster-MPH-19K-CRACKED-LENS-/391129141504?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
Still clusters out there. I just picked another one up for $175.
jim010 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Retrofitting the 4.2 LCD Track Apps cluster


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.