Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Retrofitting the 4.2 LCD Track Apps cluster

Old 3/12/17, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
That sound about right, I found it was trial and error for me. So if that doesn't quite work tweaking my instruction may yield better results.
Old 3/13/17, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by awoychosky123
So once you have ids pulled up and have plugged into the car, you should start a new session. The VCM will show a pop up showing your vehicle specs in LEXiiON’s case it should say 5.8L emissions 50 states transmission etc. Confirm this is correct. Next page will show the VIN of the car you used to get everything working, in other words the vin that didn't come with your car.

You want to highlight this and override it with your actual vin. After that click the checkmark to continue. The next page should so you the correct vin and the correct car specs.

Next go to module programing in the main menu of IDS.
Well - dead here already...

IDS plugs in, start new session, is this your car - change VIN to my 2012... Next screen is the "your PCM isn't programmed" something like that - point is - the next screen after this NOT the VIN screen - it's the "tear tag, part number, etc" - so I can't get to the ABS programming next

I'll fight more with IDS later - it's way too cold today (horrific software - Ford should be ashamed)
Old 3/13/17, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by fishpick
Well - dead here already...

IDS plugs in, start new session, is this your car - change VIN to my 2012... Next screen is the "your PCM isn't programmed" something like that - point is - the next screen after this NOT the VIN screen - it's the "tear tag, part number, etc" - so I can't get to the ABS programming next

I'll fight more with IDS later - it's way too cold today (horrific software - Ford should be ashamed)
Are you pressing no when it asks if this is your car? all i do is edit the vin when it pops up on the screen showing the vin and odometer reading. then click next and it brings me into the main menu.
Old 3/30/17, 02:47 PM

Just thought I should report back... I never got this to work - and I honestly didn't try too hard... I have been installing a 2.9 Whipple Front feed on the car - and now the tune they sent me is for the "borrowed" VIN - so - I'm OK leaving it alone. Last thing I want to do is get something screwed up I can't un-screw with IDS - and not be able to run the car without errors and a mess in the cluster when the SC is done... so - I'll live with a borrowed VIN in my car's brain.
Old 4/1/17, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by fishpick
Danny Brija - I have IDS 101.3 - so maybe this isn't useful... BUT - I got to the "PCM is blank" step - and then just followed the next steps in IDS - it asked something about "do you want to flash the PCM" and then downloaded the software from for the model year of the "donor" VIN I used from the internet... Then there were several times that it asked me to turn the key on and off as part of the flash process.
I will admit that at this point in the process when "your PCM is blank" my adrenaline was flowing a bit (nervous) and I don't remember the EXACT screen after this - but the process does continue right from the "is blank" screen into the reprogramming of it... at least in the 101.3 IDS version.
I was never able to get my PCM to PMI to a 2013. I doublechecked the part number on my cluster, and it is ER33... so I should probably be trying to update to a 2014.

I could still use a step by step for the right sequence needed to get teh PCM updated to a 2014. I have the new ABS module but I have not tried anything with that.

What I have tried is starting a new session, and when it asks me about teh VIN, I say its incorrect, use a donor vin, and proceed. It says wrong calibrations are loaded, I put in the DR3A-ACD as the PCM, it takes that but then says it cannot find it in the as-built.

On another attempt, it said part needed is DR3a, but module reported as CR3a ... Do I need to create a custom .ab file?
Old 6/2/18, 02:12 PM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone know where I can get this abs calibration file for 2014 mustang DR33-2D054-BGC.vbf

Last edited by Vartech; 6/11/18 at 09:08 AM. Reason: updated
Old 6/15/18, 01:20 PM
V6 Member

found it!
Old 6/18/18, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Partially Reading Key?

Hello, I need some assistance. I have a 2013 GT, no real mods to speak of: Bama tune, cai, tb spacer and axle backs. I just had a mobile locksmith attempt to do PATS on my car (figured I could at least admire the new cluster and just do without track apps until I find someone with a VCM). He kept getting a code that said it could only partially read the keys. He cut a new key, to see if it would work, but again would only partially read the key. I put the original base cluster back in and he re-did PATS (I thought the oe cluster would retain the keys?) and the car starts with all three keys, including the new one. Has anyone run into this or know what might cause this? Any help would be great, thanks!
Old 6/19/18, 08:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Don't know of anyone that has ever had a problem. I did mine through the dealer.
Old 6/19/18, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by jim010
Don't know of anyone that has ever had a problem. I did mine through the dealer.
Same here. I've read this thread in it's entirety as well as a couple of threads, elsewhere. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere... He wasn't using a VCM tool, but he was able to do PATS to reprogram the old cluster back to the two OE keys and the new one he made...
Old 6/21/18, 07:21 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MadeULook
Hello, I need some assistance. I have a 2013 GT, no real mods to speak of: Bama tune, cai, tb spacer and axle backs. I just had a mobile locksmith attempt to do PATS on my car (figured I could at least admire the new cluster and just do without track apps until I find someone with a VCM). He kept getting a code that said it could only partially read the keys. He cut a new key, to see if it would work, but again would only partially read the key. I put the original base cluster back in and he re-did PATS (I thought the oe cluster would retain the keys?) and the car starts with all three keys, including the new one. Has anyone run into this or know what might cause this? Any help would be great, thanks!
I had an issue in IDS that said it did not get PCM permission (I think). I just erased and followed the instructions to program new keys and it worked. So IDS maybe the way to go.
Old 6/22/18, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Vartech
I had an issue in IDS that said it did not get PCM permission (I think). I just erased and followed the instructions to program new keys and it worked. So IDS maybe the way to go.
Appreciate the response, I may just change the cluster out in the dealer parking lot and see if they can do PATS on the new (used) cluster. Gotta love IDS!
Old 1/22/19, 09:28 AM

ELM327

Sorry if this has already been covered...

Finally installed my cluster and everything works! I used an $18 ELM327 off of Amazon (w/HS & MS), downloaded Forscan to my laptop, watched a few YouTube videos and everything worked.

ELM327 that I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N18TOFB?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

YouTube video that I used (not me, nor do I know this person): https://youtu.be/C7zFOLFA3bM

Hope this helps someone, you do not have to buy a $100 + tool.

-2013 Mustang GT, base, automatic-
Old 1/24/19, 08:12 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MadeULook
Sorry if this has already been covered...

Finally installed my cluster and everything works! I used an $18 ELM327 off of Amazon (w/HS & MS), downloaded Forscan to my laptop, watched a few YouTube videos and everything worked.

ELM327 that I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N1...b_b_asin_image

YouTube video that I used (not me, nor do I know this person): https://youtu.be/C7zFOLFA3bM

Hope this helps someone, you do not have to buy a $100 + tool.

-2013 Mustang GT, base, automatic-
so forscan is able to program keys now?
Old 1/24/19, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kona12GT

so forscan is able to program keys now?
Yes. I was able to do PATS and change asbuilt data (although I didn't have to mess with the asbuilt data, Track Apps, etc. were already active for me) with only the above switch and Forscan. I had to request an "extended license" to do PATS, but Forscan and their "extended license" are free. I was sceptical at first, but I found enough YouTube videos showing the process that I felt confident enough...
Old 2/10/19, 07:24 PM
GT Member

Hopefully this thread is not to dead yet....lol.

i will have a kit for sale soon. Will include 2013 GT500 cluster, steering wheel switch and the ABS module. Not sure the price yet, but if anyone happens to see this they can send me a message if they are interested. Thanks.
Old 2/18/19, 05:13 PM

Dm me on insta. Same user names

Dm me
Originally Posted by Kona12GT
Hopefully this thread is not to dead yet....lol.

i will have a kit for sale soon. Will include 2013 GT500 cluster, steering wheel switch and the ABS module. Not sure the price yet, but if anyone happens to see this they can send me a message if they are interested. Thanks.
Old 2/19/19, 06:41 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5.0mustang_freak
Dm me
if you mean by instagram? I do not use that. I sent you a message on here.
Old 2/19/19, 06:54 AM
GT Member

Parts are now removed and waiting on a new owner......

2013 GT500 cluster has 13,079 miles on it, ABS module, steering wheel switch and the 4 wires needed for the swap will be included. Wanting to get about $500 for the setup, the GT500 clusters are not as cheap as the GT ones....lol.

thanks for looking.
Old 2/21/19, 06:15 AM
GT Member

Parts are now sold.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Retrofitting the 4.2 LCD Track Apps cluster