Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Retrofitting the 4.2 LCD Track Apps cluster

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/19, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoping someone who has done this can help me out. So far I have everything needed to complete the swap and I started today but I’m stumped. I swapped out my ABS module with one from a 2013 part number ER33-2C405A-AA (different than the one mentioned in the guide but nearly every 2013-2014 mustang abs module has the same part number as the one I got)

started the car and traction lights and ABS light were on. Hooked up my VCM tool and loaded up IDS. I flashed the ABS module with the files BR33-2D052-AB.vbf and DR33-2D054-AEC.vbf but the lights won’t go away. Traction and ABS are both inactive and I’m not sure what to do. I also programmed the AS built data (mine is a vert and the data was the same for 2011-2014 for abs module) but I also tired the standard 2013 as built data to no avail. Does anyone know what I can do here? I ran diagnostics in forscan and added pics of the results

Old 5/11/19, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Is your car tuned by chance? If so, revert to stock, make the as built changes, then reload the tune.
Old 5/11/19, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by rdplain
Is your car tuned by chance? If so, revert to stock, make the as built changes, then reload the tune.
The car is tuned! I’ll give that a shot today, thank you!
Old 5/11/19, 11:55 AM

So I installed the new cluster today and the car is basically a brick. Nothing happens when I turn the key. No lights, no radio, nothing. The car has power cause when I open the doors the screen on the cluster lights up and the security light blinks. But my ignition does nothing at all, did this happen to anyone else?
Old 5/13/19, 12:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
That happend to me as well, but it was that the car was low on battery power. Still had some power, so it fooled me, but battery was low. Car will do weird things in low power conditions.
Old 5/13/19, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by jim010
That happend to me as well, but it was that the car was low on battery power. Still had some power, so it fooled me, but battery was low. Car will do weird things in low power conditions.
When you say the same thing happened to you, you mean that when you put the key in the ignition and turned it nothing happened? Not even accessories worked? I tried hooking a jump pack up to it but that didn’t do anything. Currently waiting on a tow truck to bring it to the dealer
Old 5/14/19, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You got rid of your tune and brought it back to stock and now you get nothing?

Your ABS module was new or used? That can make a difference.
Old 5/14/19, 04:12 PM

You got rid of your tune and brought it back to stock and now you get nothing?

Your ABS module was new or used? That can make a difference.
The issue turned out to be a loose connection to the ignition. Don’t know how I missed that. But I plan to install the ABS module soon, it’s used. Last time I installed it I got abs and traction lights on the dash. Do I need to flash my PCM before the 2014 module will function correctly? I flashed that ABS module a bunch of times with several different firmwares but the lights stayed on no matter what I did
Old 5/14/19, 05:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Others have had issues with used abs modules. Getting a new one solved the problem.
Old 5/16/19, 10:11 AM

Others have had issues with used abs modules. Getting a new one solved the problem.
Im leaving the ABS issue for last and now I’m trying to get the PCM flashed. How do I force IDS to use the 2013/2014 firmware instead of the 2011? I disabled network and when it asks if the VIN is the correct one I click no and enter the VIN from a 2013. However when it tells me what files to download they all start with BU BB and BR which is not the right files for a 2013 (those start with D
Old 5/16/19, 10:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Its been a long while for me. I just don't remember how to go through it. Hopefully someone can chime in here?
Old 5/16/19, 12:03 PM

Its been a long while for me. I just don't remember how to go through it. Hopefully someone can chime in here?
I hope so because I really need cruise control working again and I can’t get that without the PCM flash 😂 if anyone can offer ANY assistance I would really appreciate it! I’m very tech savvy so you won’t be dealing with someone who has no clue what they’re doing
Old 5/16/19, 12:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

There is a way to get cruise without flashing the PCM. Yuo'll have to change the resistances in the switch, though. There is a post on that further back.
Old 5/16/19, 12:39 PM

There is a way to get cruise without flashing the PCM. Yuo'll have to change the resistances in the switch, though. There is a post on that further back.
Yeah I saw that but I don’t wanna do it that way, also want all the gauges to function right on the display
Old 6/2/19, 11:10 AM

Finally figured out the PCM flashing! Now other than the ABS module this swap will be complete Monday when my cluster gets back from mileage reprogramming. Thank you to the maker of this guide and those that helped out along the way! I’d say this is by far my favorite mod I’ve done (other than the go fast ones of course )

Last edited by Mike Palomba; 6/2/19 at 11:11 AM.
Old 6/2/19, 12:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If you are so inclined, maybe you could give a tutorial on the PCM flashing for others?
Old 6/2/19, 12:45 PM

If you are so inclined, maybe you could give a tutorial on the PCM flashing for others?
Its actually really simple once you get it! So you plug your car and your PC into the VCM II module. Then open IDS. Turn the key to on but don’t start the engine, click start new session, then click all other. It will bring up your car and ask if the info is correct, click no. Then it will ask for the PCM part number. It’s DR3A-(will already be filled in for you)-HD. Make sure you’re disconnected from the internet then click the green check mark. It will ask yo connect to the internet, just click the red X. Then it will say “there’s a newer firmware do you want to update?” Click yes, then it will ask to connect to the internet again, click the red x again. Now you will have a screen with 3 file names that IDS will ask you to find and put into the calibration file folder. Download the files (can’t put the link because we don’t want Ford taking it down but I found it very easily by googling), put them in the folder, click the green check mark, and that’s it! Follow the on screen prompts to turn the key off and back on and then it will flash your PCM and your all set! If anyone has any questions feel free to message me as I have no problem helping out!
Old 6/3/19, 07:29 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Palomba
Its actually really simple once you get it! So you plug your car and your PC into the VCM II module. Then open IDS. Turn the key to on but don’t start the engine, click start new session, then click all other. It will bring up your car and ask if the info is correct, click no. Then it will ask for the PCM part number. It’s DR3A-(will already be filled in for you)-HD. Make sure you’re disconnected from the internet then click the green check mark. It will ask yo connect to the internet, just click the red X. Then it will say “there’s a newer firmware do you want to update?” Click yes, then it will ask to connect to the internet again, click the red x again. Now you will have a screen with 3 file names that IDS will ask you to find and put into the calibration file folder. Download the files (can’t put the link because we don’t want Ford taking it down but I found it very easily by googling), put them in the folder, click the green check mark, and that’s it! Follow the on screen prompts to turn the key off and back on and then it will flash your PCM and your all set! If anyone has any questions feel free to message me as I have no problem helping out!
‘Anyone following this needs to keep in mind the PCM calibration is going to be different for manual and auto cars. IE: DR3A-xx.
Old 6/3/19, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kona12GT
‘Anyone following this needs to keep in mind the PCM calibration is going to be different for manual and auto cars. IE: DR3A-xx.
Thank you for adding that. I had no idea they were different
Old 6/11/19, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This looks interesting...

I have barely begun to enjoy my new premium cluster and found this
I think it will be interesting to see the final product and price point. Sorry if this has been discussed already!

Last edited by MadeULook; 6/11/19 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to say: This is not my video nor am I affiliated in any way (Just thought it was worth sharing).

Quick Reply: Retrofitting the 4.2 LCD Track Apps cluster