Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

'13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/14, 06:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No idea why the Boss Clusters can't get My Color ..

I just verified again .. Here is my cluster with Boss As Built - Ice Blue gauges and NO MYCOLOR menu option in settings.

I'm sure the speedo will be fine .. thats all built into the cluster.

Old 3/3/14, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor08gt
Would this fix the cruise issue and digital gauges issue?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/330888540512?nav=SEARCH
Those things are 100% garbage, they manipulate signals of various sensors instead of actual maps. You have been warned

Originally Posted by Deerslayer
AJPTurbo, the Boss Cluster DOES have the halo. It IS programming. It is physically there. I am looking at it in my cluster. Zero......this is your mission should you choose to accept it........
Deerslayer, do you have a VCM? (I can't find if you do or not).
Old 3/3/14, 07:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
ajp - you sure you are doing the as-built properly?

I just converted my GT cluster to a BOSS cluster (Ice blue lights and no MYCOLOR in menu) and then back to a GT cluster with MYCOLOR just by changing the AS-BUILT.
I believe you may have disabled MyColor, rather than make the GT cluster think its in a Boss. The boss uses a different build of firmware.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

So, someone asked me what ASBUILT is and how you can decode it. There is no real way of knowing what each part does without disassembling the firmware.

What ASBUILT is, is changes to flash. For example lets break down the following.

720-01-01 F388 E861 ED

720 = Is of course the address of the programming side of the instrument cluster.
01 -01 = Is the address of memory (relevant to the location of ASBUILT)
F388 & E861 = Is actually 0xF3, 0x88, 0xE8, and 0x61 which is hex data that is put in one BYTE of memory per set(F3)
ED = Is a calculated checksum on the first set of data.

I'm going to assume that the ASBUILT is a reference to a Enum of somesort in code (Not verified) that enables or disables the options in groups.

Just a bit of nerdery for the day

EDIT: If someone wants to take the back off their cluster (anyone would do, even the 12) and grab all the numbers off the main CPU that would be dandy and helpful.

-Matt

Last edited by zeroaviation; 3/3/14 at 07:21 AM.
Old 3/3/14, 07:35 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero, My VCM should arrive the end of this week.
Old 3/3/14, 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Mine is also on the way. Can't wait to play with it.
Old 3/3/14, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Zero is it possible to change firmware and how or what tool does that?
Old 3/3/14, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mine is on the way, too..

the question that bugs me though, is adding a 2013 GT500 cluster to my car. I am not sure, what the PCM will do with it. I can live without the gauges, track apps would be nice. Remember i have a 2010 PCM... not a 5.0 coyote based.

Thanks,

LEXiiON
Old 3/3/14, 11:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
If someone wants to take the back off their cluster (anyone would do, even the 12) and grab all the numbers off the main CPU that would be dandy and helpful.

-Matt
I can do that, but it will have to wait until Wednesday. It wil be off my old 2012 cluster.
Old 3/3/14, 11:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The only cluster that has no MYCOLOR but does have TRACK APPS .. is a 2013 Boss Cluster.

I would have guessed that is what Boss AS-Built does .. turn off My COlor and Enable Track Apps.

Apparantly it is not that simple. I bet when these guys open door and see the cluster flash every color (mine does that also) .. the Halo Rings LED's illuminate as well. WOuldn't be too hard for them to verify.

If its more than AS-BUILT required ... I would guess that adding MyColor to a Boss Cluster is not possible with IDS. Perhaps there is some super secret AS-Built code to turn it on.

Why Ford disabled MyColor in the Boss makes no sense to me.

I believe you may have disabled MyColor, rather than make the GT cluster think its in a Boss. The boss uses a different build of firmware.

Last edited by dmhines; 3/3/14 at 11:21 AM.
Old 3/3/14, 11:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Does new GT500 have Mykey? .. not sure what will happen in your 2010 .. lots of times Ford has all the features planned and built in years in advance of them actually being used so maybe it will work in 2010.

Obviosly 2010 does not have Adjustable steering feel either so that won't work.

Cruise won't work properly without hacked button.

I bet a 2013 ABS module would work.

Will be interesting to see what you get working.

Originally Posted by LEXiiON

the question that bugs me though, is adding a 2013 GT500 cluster to my car. I am not sure, what the PCM will do with it. I can live without the gauges, track apps would be nice. Remember i have a 2010 PCM... not a 5.0 coyote based.

Thanks,

LEXiiON
Old 3/3/14, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ajpturbo
Zero is it possible to change firmware and how or what tool does that?
It is possible yes. I'm currently working on an application to do this with the VCM II clone.

Thanks,

LEXiiON
The RPM, MPH, Oil Pressure will work. The rest will need a "Black Box".

Originally Posted by jim010
I can do that, but it will have to wait until Wednesday. It wil be off my old 2012 cluster.
Excellent! Thank you!

Originally Posted by dmhines
If its more than AS-BUILT required ... I would guess that adding MyColor to a Boss Cluster is not possible with IDS.
You are correct.... Hopefully I will have some software to allow switching of firmware up soon.

-Matt
Old 3/3/14, 12:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

You are correct.... Hopefully I will have some software to allow switching of firmware up soon.

-Matt
Work on the PCM flash first ... I have my iTSX sold .. so will be ordering a 2013 PCM in a few weeks if you haven't got it cracked.
Old 3/3/14, 02:19 PM

Hey guys, amazing work on this forum! I have a 2013 premium GT with the desired gauge cluster. I thought if anyone could answer this question, it would be this team of guys.

Has anyone wondered why no TPMS info comes on the premium pack? Also, Being a tall guy the speedo is blocked by my steering wheel and I would really like (in euro style) a small digital speed readout, it would look perfect next to the odometer on the home gauge option (with the mustang logo) in the same size just for daily driving in my 32 mile commute. Those retro gauges even when I dip my head down are very challenging to keep the speed accurate (due to the over zealous police force in my area, CC in town is very important)....

I have seen guys do the dash conversion for the aftermarket stereos, and all that info among other things are available from the OBII port. After watching you guys work as hard as you have for months, this might just be a pipe dream.... but it is all there its just in programing I expect. I really can't believe that Ford did direct TPMS sensors but chose not give real time readout of each tire. What's the point.... could have accomplished that with the ABS sensors and saved us all some hassle!
Old 3/3/14, 02:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Zandura99
Hey guys, amazing work on this forum! I have a 2013 premium GT with the desired gauge cluster. I thought if anyone could answer this question, it would be this team of guys.

Has anyone wondered why no TPMS info comes on the premium pack? Also, Being a tall guy the speedo is blocked by my steering wheel and I would really like (in euro style) a small digital speed readout, it would look perfect next to the odometer on the home gauge option (with the mustang logo) in the same size just for daily driving in my 32 mile commute. Those retro gauges even when I dip my head down are very challenging to keep the speed accurate (due to the over zealous police force in my area, CC in town is very important)....

I have seen guys do the dash conversion for the aftermarket stereos, and all that info among other things are available from the OBII port. After watching you guys work as hard as you have for months, this might just be a pipe dream.... but it is all there its just in programing I expect. I really can't believe that Ford did direct TPMS sensors but chose not give real time readout of each tire. What's the point.... could have accomplished that with the ABS sensors and saved us all some hassle!
If you press and hold the OK button on start up, you will enter the engineering test mode. Just cycle through the screens until you get to the digital speedometer.
Old 3/3/14, 02:58 PM
GT Member

Zero dont tease me lol...make my dreams come true...
Old 3/3/14, 03:03 PM

thanks I will try that and see how it looks Jim!
Old 3/3/14, 05:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
It is possible yes. I'm currently working on an application to do this with the VCM II clone.

The RPM, MPH, Oil Pressure will work. The rest will need a "Black Box".

Excellent! Thank you!

-Matt
Zero,

Can the black box also feed external sources into the CAN bus? The 2010 has no wideband and also a boost feed would be nice. It could send my aeroforce interceptor into retirement

LEXiiON
Old 3/3/14, 07:50 PM
GT Member

I bet there is a master as built code to unlock everything
Old 3/4/14, 06:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Zero,

Can the black box also feed external sources into the CAN bus? The 2010 has no wideband and also a boost feed would be nice. It could send my aeroforce interceptor into retirement

LEXiiON
Indeed. The blackbox can accept 4 analog inputs, 1 USART, or 1 SPI. You would still need a wideband controller. I would recomend the Innovate LC-1 http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php it does both digital and analog outputs.

Originally Posted by ajpturbo
I bet there is a master as built code to unlock everything
If it were only that easy
Old 3/4/14, 07:01 AM
V6 Member

Just got a call and I think my VCM will be here today! Woo hoo! Anddd my gt500 steering wheel should be here as well. Looking to be a good day!

Quick Reply: '13-14 Cluster into '10-12 car (with TrackApps) retrofit